Brasilis Murder Mystery - Page 3 - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Brasilis Murder Mystery

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#51 Bijerton2

Bijerton2

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:35 PM

Tried checking out the newly fixed quest - York no longer resets things, but it still seems to be broken for my character that got the bookcase key. Neither the flags nor the strange device seem to work.

#52 Matsunoki

Matsunoki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:56 PM

yeap, still bugged for me as well.
my key (which I got from the bookcase) doesn't fit in the flags or the strange device.

#53 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:00 PM

Bookcase here too >.> Guess I'll just finish the other quests there until its fixed.

#54 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:29 PM

im on the 2nd fragment.. tried the original spot that didnt work.. ne1 find any other wet spots?

#55 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

nvm found it :rolleyes:

got 75000exp 37500 job exp (vip) for the 2nd turn in

Edited by Helios0, 02 March 2012 - 06:34 PM.

#56 Matsunoki

Matsunoki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:12 PM

Can we get a post from an admin or moderator that they're aware that the bookcase bug is still there?

#57 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

They should seriously change that guide in irowiki... they show like the bookcase as an option but that option bugs your quest... and the warning is like WAY down when you already clicked the damn bookcase :rolleyes:

It's like "And you can click the bookcase or the cloak for the key"

*Three steps later*

"Oh yeah if you click the bookcase your quests bugs out!"

<please do not use images with inappropriate language>

Edited by Inubashiri, 04 March 2012 - 05:30 AM.
inappropriate language used in image.

#58 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:31 PM

Ralis and Resplendent have already reported this issue to Oda. It should get fixed on Tuesday next week.

Edit: Looking at irowiki quest guide can I get you guys to post which parts are bugged? (Screenshots are a big plus with short explanation of the problem)

Edited by zr0rieu, 02 March 2012 - 07:34 PM.

#59 Joshbo

Joshbo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

If you get stuck at a certain part, or you know something's supposed to happen and it doesn't, just try relogging. You don't get booted out of the area you were in. Had to relog for the Statue to talk to me and for the Moneybags lady to talk to me. Quick quest, only took me 20 minutes, VIP with Battle Manual x3 gave me a base and job level at 104 to 105. Worth the couple of minutes. Wonder if any of the old quests still work from back in 2005, like the lighthazen murder quest, that one was jackpot for exp.

#60 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:37 PM

If you got the key from the blue cloak, you want (145, 25).
Find the Strange Device.

I didn't take a screenshot but this was mentioned by someone else in this thread.... I had to talk to the flags, the device didn't work with that key for me.

#61 Matsunoki

Matsunoki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:30 PM

If you get stuck at a certain part, or you know something's supposed to happen and it doesn't, just try relogging. You don't get booted out of the area you were in. Had to relog for the Statue to talk to me and for the Moneybags lady to talk to me. Quick quest, only took me 20 minutes, VIP with Battle Manual x3 gave me a base and job level at 104 to 105. Worth the couple of minutes. Wonder if any of the old quests still work from back in 2005, like the lighthazen murder quest, that one was jackpot for exp.

The bookcase bug is different, once you grab the key from the bookcase, your quest line gets bugged and you can't progress.
Relogging doesn't fix anything.

#62 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:20 PM

If you get the key from the table, you need to talk to the flags. If you get the key from the bookcase, you're supposed to talk to the Strange Device... This part does not work for some reason.

#63 RandomAsHell

RandomAsHell

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:39 PM

I just did the key part, and it the key must be random for where you go...
Because the strange device didnt work for that key, I had to do the flags.

#64 Hanfeizi

Hanfeizi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

I would like to say thank you to iRO GM 08. Without her help, there's no way in hell I could finish the quest due to several inconvenient bugs (and surprises).

The quest itself is ok, not as amusing as the Ghostbuster, very few in-jokes, but it is buggy especially in the underground.

Some comments/additions to the guide:
1. First, most of the instances do not work - e.g. clicking on skull to summon skeletons. It just says "summoning skeletons" and nothing happens. A weird red herring.
2. From the second room, if you want to go back to the first room (in my case, forgetting to check for key), from your spawn, go left and click on the table. You would end up in the first room again.
3. On flag room: I used the key on the flag by this order: SE, SW, NW, NE, and got teleported. If you have to go back to the flag room and need to move forward, just click on one of the flags.
4. The candelabra room has several gajomarts, the leftover spawns from people clicking false candelabras. I think I found 4. The problem was that nobody expected the Gajomarts' Inquisition! I did the quest using a gearless character, with almost 0 HP thanks to toying around with many objects (e.g. cauldron). At several points, my HP was 0 and I still walked around.
5. Statue is bugged. Had to go off screen and came back at least 5 times.

Otherwise, decent quest. Kudos to Ralis for writing this.

Edited by Hanfeizi, 03 March 2012 - 06:13 PM.

#65 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

There were too many variables and summoning monsters could be abused, so we decided to leave them out... Just didn't get a chance to go back and rewrite what happens. (The books "not being books at all" would have spawned Ridewords, Cramps would have been spawned when something bites your hand...)

Though the Gajomarts were left in because you can only spawn them one time. =P

If you relog when an NPC refuses to talk to you it fixes the problem.

This one was meant to be more of a challenge than a joke. xD We (Oda and I) did have fun coming up with the references to Scooby Doo, though. =)

Oda said something about not having the right variable when we got the key from the bookcase, but he said it looks right in the script, so we're really not sure. =/ If all else fails we might just delete that key out and make one puzzle randomly work for you. We'll see I guess.

Thanks much, I had fun writing it. ^_^

#66 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

I had fun till I got bugged at the bookcase/key step, the rest was funny.

#67 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:20 PM

ne1 find a 3rd fragment?

#68 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:41 AM

Tricky how the quest makes it look like you chose a wrong option when you first confront the Head Curator, but the dialogue says you're arresting Mrs. Moneybags instead. It made me think I failed it twice before I realized that was what it meant by clicking him a second time. :mellow:

#69 Nine

Nine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:41 AM

(bra_dun01: 20, 105) (bra_dun01: 66, 101), (bra_dun01: 92, 143), (bra_dun01: 35, 204), and (bra_dun01: 115, 213). After you get her four pieces of the fragment she gives you exp. I kind of thought there would be an equipment as a reward. Oh well...

#70 Justinklr

Justinklr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationTemeria
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:03 PM

I got stuck in the room where you have to light up the candelabra. I took the matchstick from the dresser and tried to light up the candelabra, a gajomart apeared and i killed it with Over Brand. Now when i click on the dresser or the candelabra nothing happens.

#71 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:30 AM

You're not talking to the right Candelabra.

#72 Justinklr

Justinklr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationTemeria
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:24 AM

You're not talking to the right Candelabra.

I can't believe i had not seen that candelabra! I clicked in all the others but i haven't see this one until today.... I think i need some glasses. Anyway, thank you Ralis!

#73 Matsunoki

Matsunoki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:58 AM

Did anyone get stuck at the dresser?
The dresser does not give me any matchsticks (no dialog when I click it).
None of the candles work either. There is one candle that gives me no dialog box, while, all other candles tell me I have nothing to light it with.
Not sure what's going on...

#74 Resplendent

Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationWashington State
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:00 AM

Did anyone get stuck at the dresser?
The dresser does not give me any matchsticks (no dialog when I click it).
None of the candles work either. There is one candle that gives me no dialog box, while, all other candles tell me I have nothing to light it with.
Not sure what's going on...

I had this problem as well (I got the key from the bookcase) and it's still broken. A GM had to warp me to the next area for me to finish the quest. I'd suggest writing in a ticket.

#75 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

I'm also stuck at the dresser. No matches.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users