Brasilis Murder Mystery - Page 5 - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Brasilis Murder Mystery

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#101 Nine

Nine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

(bra_dun01: 20, 105), (bra_dun01: 66, 101), (bra_dun01: 92, 143), (bra_dun01: 35, 204), and (bra_dun01: 115, 213). There should be a comma between the first location and the second. The fifth spot doesn't appear to have a use. The order that it is presented should be the order of the locket pieces to be found with the exception of the fifth spot. I think the fifth spot was meant to be an alternate route if you chose the bookcase.

#102 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:21 PM

(bra_dun01: 20, 105), (bra_dun01: 66, 101), (bra_dun01: 92, 143), (bra_dun01: 35, 204), and (bra_dun01: 115, 213). There should be a comma between the first location and the second. The fifth spot doesn't appear to have a use. The order that it is presented should be the order of the locket pieces to be found with the exception of the fifth spot. I think the fifth spot was meant to be an alternate route if you chose the bookcase.

Yes, I had used the key from the table (under the "blue cloak"). The fifth spot for me, indeed, did nothing, so the final spot for my character was (35, 204). All my characters got the key from the table, since there was the warning about the bookcase glitch previously.

@Ishira and Defstatic

Oh, as a point to note, I think iroWiki still tells you to go through the Strange Device room (145, 25) if you got the key from the table. THIS DIDN'T WORK FOR ME. Unless they changed it and fixed it to match the iroWiki guide, what worked for me was going through the "Flag" room (29, 88). You just keep clicking all the flags until you get warped into the next area, whereupon you go upstairs and end up in the "Matches / Candelabra" room. If you don't pair the rooms correctly---in other words, you don't proceed to the "Matches" room from the right area (Strange Device / Flag room) you can't get the matches. Drove me absolutely bonkers for a while until someone told me to try the Flag area after I'd been messing with the Strange Device for a looong while.

I can't recall whether or not I finished the quest after they supposedly "fixed" the quest, but I would try to proceed to the "Matches" room from the opposite area and see if that works for you.

#103 Defstatic

Defstatic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationVancouver, WA

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:57 PM

@Rails, DUDE you are awesome. I didn't think to look for a clue since generally when I clicked stuff it just summoned stuff or brought me back to a previous room, haha. I am now able to finish this quest on my RG.

@Pikachiquita5, My path was through the strange device room I just wasn't able to figure out the toggles until today, but thank you anyways!

#104 Hedonistic

Hedonistic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:25 AM

I'm doing this quest and I'm stuck--I took the key from the cloak, but I end up in the room with the strange device. How do I get to the flag room? I cna go upstairs into another room, and then from there to the place in the next step (with the gajomarts and candelabras) but I can't get back into the strange device room. THe walkthrough says something about a shield but I can't find it??

I love how freaking creepy the mansion part is. I had to turn my BGM to listen to the sounds.

#105 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:53 PM

I think in the Strange Device room there's a box that you can click on that reveals a ladder to return to a lower floor. Been a little bit since I've been in that room, but see if you can find such a box.

#106 Hedonistic

Hedonistic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:31 PM

Found it! Thank you! I was tearing my hair out over this.
So now I just need to keep hitting the skull to get to the flag room?
[edit] got it, thanks! Time to move on!

Edited by Hedonistic, 22 March 2012 - 02:34 PM.

#107 M1nG

M1nG

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:51 AM

can someone tell me the strange device combination?

#108 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:16 AM

You can read it in one of the books.

#109 M1nG

M1nG

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:26 AM

Thank you very much~
one more question though OTL
when he tell you to chase him
where is the southren exits?

nvm i find it~
thanks~

Edited by M1nG, 05 April 2012 - 09:50 AM.

#110 Rosenthrall

Rosenthrall

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

My friend and I were doing this quest together, but she got stuck at the part where you have to grab the matchsticks from the dresser. I thought there was just a cooldown as there seems to be one on the candelabra that teleports you, but it's been a while and she still can't get the matchsticks. I tried logging onto her character and couldn't grab them either. o-o

We both took the key from the cloak and got into the bedroom via the flags. Funnily enough, my alchemist managed to finish the quest, but her hunter can't.

#111 Athensian

Athensian

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

I'm having the same problem. Can't get the matchstick. Anyone know how to get around this?

#112 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:48 AM

You can get the matchsticks once and then you gotta click the right candelabra - I havent had any problem doing it on 3 different characters all with the key from under the cloak (so the flags room)
The message "you have nothing to light it with" will appear after using the matches once but you can still proceed by finding the right Candelabra

Also noticed a bug:
When you return the Fragments at the end, you don't have to wait 12 hours if you don't speak to the NPC twice.
Return 1st fragment, get exp, do not click npc again
Return 2nd fragment, get exp, do not click npc again
and twice more for the big exp reward - now I have 3 timers telling me to wait 12 hours but I don't have to.

Weird.

#113 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1099 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth
  • Server:Teyvat

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

guys, my bf says the spot at (bra_dun01: 115, 213) doesn't open any pop up. He said he's tried everywhere (relogged..etc) else but no fragments.

can't he finish the quest for good? That's gonna suck hard if he can't.

Edited by Chorvaqueen, 06 April 2012 - 09:27 AM.

#114 Rosenthrall

Rosenthrall

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

You can get the matchsticks once and then you gotta click the right candelabra - I havent had any problem doing it on 3 different characters all with the key from under the cloak (so the flags room)
The message "you have nothing to light it with" will appear after using the matches once but you can still proceed by finding the right Candelabra

Also noticed a bug:
When you return the Fragments at the end, you don't have to wait 12 hours if you don't speak to the NPC twice.
Return 1st fragment, get exp, do not click npc again
Return 2nd fragment, get exp, do not click npc again
and twice more for the big exp reward - now I have 3 timers telling me to wait 12 hours but I don't have to.

Weird.

The problem my friend has is that she can't get the matchsticks at all. According to her, clicking on the dresser doesn't do anything. When she clicks on the candelabras, they tell her she has nothing to light it with and when she clicks on the correct one, nothing happens. I didn't have any problems doing this quest myself either, so it seems really strange that she gets this.

#115 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:33 PM

You MUST toggle the switches before going through the portal if it is already spawned or you will not be able to find the matches.

#116 Amiow

Amiow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:51 PM

can someone give me order for the strange device

#117 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:21 PM

sorry for reviving the old thread..
..just read about the Bookcase bug !! damn !! X(

i just submitted a ticket...or is there a way around ??

#118 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

The Bookcase bug should have been fixed. Make sure you are talking to all the NPCs, solving all the puzzles and not just going through portals that are already spawned or you might bug out.

#119 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:18 PM

this quest is still broken. i cant get the match sticks from the dresser and theres no way to backtrack other then bwinging out and starting all over

#120 mufukbdoo

mufukbdoo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:28 AM

can u help me..i try to ram to enter the mansion next door museum..but i wont budge..dunno what to do

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users