My ultimate general summoner build For Both PVE + PVP - Shaman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

My ultimate general summoner build For Both PVE + PVP

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Coltz

Coltz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

Hi, I am thinking of summoner and i had done some digging here adn there and came up with a build.

*** UPDATED ***

This build is to aim for lvl 80 or at the moment, endgame build

http://irowiki.org/~...003321500003500 *OLD* I am leaving the old so people can see what I've done

http://irowiki.org/~...013321500003500 *new* I have taken away 5/5 meteor to 3/5 and added the prerequisites to Golgon( DIRE-CRYOFLIFE-NATUREBLESSINGS ) and even added Dragonkin force for the 3% edge.

Assuming with the new patch that it is still not a requirment to get Dire or Cry of life, This is what the Final build Would be like.
. The extra 400 SP would be for maxing Elemental Storm[125 SP for 5/5], Dark Knight[125 SP for 5/5], Dragon Rage[50 SP for 1/1], and level 1 Awakening Charge[10 SP for 1/3].
. Extra SP's would be prefered adding to meteor, Spell Prison,Mego Inferno and Frozen Chain. Or technically whatever you choose. Skills I haven;t mentioned means i haven;t touch them or i am not too sure about.

thanks for the advice(s)

lvl 1 - 10 can be tough. However if you are patient enough you have enough to get by.

10 - 25 You'll start to feel your character is definitly building as you get inferno, and better air smash, with an abundant of mist you can get away with beating bosses and mobs without being harrased by them. with extremely high combo count and liberal use of high attack skills i can get the top scores for available missions with this build. However the fact that this build consumes a ton of mp pots begin to be more apparent.

25 - 30 AMAZING with Missions and combos.. I easily 1st in most missions. Also comboing is extremely easy. I recieved the Legendary Combo Medal in one go. At the rate your making money. you can easily buy enough MP pots to support this build. ATM it is kicking ass.

Edited by Coltz, 20 March 2012 - 04:23 AM.

#2 Coltz

Coltz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

can someone please help me out here? or have something to critique on my build? especially the last one "pve"? please and thank you

#3 funinfrance

funinfrance

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:09 PM

mmm I would suggest that you look at the other thread asking for a pve build. Kazu has a pretty good one for starting out. Other than that I would also suggest that you play the class a bit first. Looking at your build for pvp and pve I'd say it needs quite a bit of work >.< and on top of that with the new patch the skill simulator you were using is out of date.

#4 Coltz

Coltz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

what seems to be the flaw though?, and i agree with that I need to play with it more. I've seen kazu's builds.. and most available builds for summoners. Thanks

I have decided the effective of the mists especially in the earlier levels would help in leveling quicker in the beginning.

from build prospecting I think spell trap, spike wave, kalki, and shot mastery to be too much waste of sp for efficient worth.

Focusing the DPS with Air smash and, inferno's, mists , and Golgon on the side. xD

too bad the new skills aren;t in the build simulator, i can;t do a thing about that.

Edited by Coltz, 10 March 2012 - 08:20 PM.

#5 funinfrance

funinfrance

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:31 PM

(PVE)
Well Im looking at the skill simulation you have for pve, and under base job you have mists at 5/5 and stronger summon at 2/5 at level 80 stronger summon won't make much of a change and you won't be using mists as much except maybe for reducing cast time by having more summons out. However, personally I think that having 3 or even 2 summons out for cast time reduction is fine for pve.

For your first job its hard to say with spell prison its good for f7 but at level 80 you may not be running that as much since you'll be at max level. So Ill let you decide on that, but unfortunately with the new patch you'll need to get dire mist and cry of life to get golgon. And for new content, adding points to energy circulation is good for cast time reduction.

Mk, for 2nd job I'd suggest taking points off of impact unsummon because I think we need to keep our summons. The damage dealt by impact unsummon isn't all to great either, better to regain then resummon our monsters. Mmmm concerning poison guard I'd say its not a good idea. I feel that summoner is much more of a range class and even when wearing 3-piece secmathian for 30% increased range I don't think that poison guard would be useful for pve. I like to maintain my range ^^. Mana burn also doesn't work on monsters... Atleast to my knowledge >.<

Mmmm and then for 4th job skills you can really use points where you like. But I have to say that dark knight is pretty sweet and does loads of damage XD. Spirit counterattack requires you to cast the buff to your summons, so Im not really sure about that one either... And pain division I didn't put any points into because it doubles the damage to your summons killing them faster. O, and it seems you can't damage monsters who get petrified by elemental storm while they are petrified.

I hope this helps >.< Im still trying to figure everything out with summoners too. But Im glad your taking an interest in the class =^.^=

#6 Coltz

Coltz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:45 PM

Thanks that helped a Ton. I forgot about 3rd job.. wow... xD, Also is blesser with hawk eye a good idea to get especailly at high levels?

Edited by Coltz, 10 March 2012 - 08:46 PM.

#7 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:07 PM

what seems to be the flaw though?, and i agree with that I need to play with it more. I've seen kazu's builds.. and most available builds for summoners. Thanks

I have decided the effective of the mists especially in the earlier levels would help in leveling quicker in the beginning.

from build prospecting I think spell trap, spike wave, kalki, and shot mastery to be too much waste of sp for efficient worth.

Focusing the DPS with Air smash and, inferno's, mists , and Golgon on the side. xD

too bad the new skills aren;t in the build simulator, i can;t do a thing about that.

It's a shame that they are not included in a simulator yet but hopefully I can offer advice. First I'd like to know if you're focusing on PvE or PvP. I'm going to assume PvE so that you can level to 80 and then you can work it later.

With the introduction of the changes, I think you would do better to get Doonamick with Mist spam. Prior to this update I would have said to spam Mists, but because of the new cast-time reduction skill, Energy Circulation, it is better to have multiple summons out and rely on your skills more. The build you proposed in your first post is outdated because of the new skills--keep in mind there are new skills besides just the 4th job ones.

I'm going to give you a proposed build in level increments. Here is how you should read it:
1) Look at the simulator
2) You will notice there are extra Skill Points left over
3) Read my instructions for what to do with this extra SP

With that said
[Level 30]:
http://irowiki.org/~...000000000000000

The extra 10 SP should go Dragonkin Force Reinforcement in the first branch of the skill tree. This is a prerquisite for Spike Wave.
The reasoning here being that you would summon as many Mists as possible while running maps. I do not recommend summoning Doonamick yet but you should get him to level 1/5. Meteor Rain, Dragon Tooth, Air Smash, Spike Wave, and Spell Trap will be your primary attack skills. You'll be sort of weak right now but it will eventually come together.

[Level 45]:
http://irowiki.org/~...000000100000000

Spell Prison is going to aid in slowing monsters for F7. Nation Fury is a must for your MATK, and absolutely make sure the leftover 25 SP gets into Energy Circulation right away. Once you have Energy Circulation, you should summon one Doonamick and as many Mists as possible which will give you a .6 second cast-time reduction. As soon as you get to 40, you'll want to make your setup one Blesser, one Doonamick, and the rest should be Mists. You'll have a total .9 second cast-time reduction for your attack skills, and the Mists will be support damage. You'll also want to get Smare Shot which will begin to be one of your biggest DPS attacks, though it may not fully function until 5/5 later.

[Level 60]:
http://irowiki.org/~...000000500003500

You'll want to max Rolling Stone for F7 and then max Smare Shot, and then get Dragonkin Force Amplification for 20 SP. This will take from 45 to 60.

From here this is just a very, very general cookie cutter build for PvE. Keep in mind that if you wanted to PvP you would want to change some things. You would probably want to use Golgon and Earthquake. Overall I'm not going to speak to a PvP build and I am definitely no expert on a Summoner's PvE with this newest update.

For PvE, I'm going to assume that you want the Ultimate Skill. If you do not, that is a free 50 SP you can play with. I'm also going to assume you got one Skill Forge for Awakening.
[Level 80]:
http://irowiki.org/~...000000500003500
So lt's keep track here:

-You have 10 SP left over in the skill simulator which is used for Dragonkin Force Reinforcement in the first branch
-You have 25 SP left over in the skill simulator which is used for Energy Circulation in the second branch
-You have 20 SP left over in the skill simulator which is used for Dragonkin Force Amplificaton in the third branch
That's 55 SP.

Then, at level 80, 311 total SP should go to maxing Elemental Storm[125 SP for 5/5], Dark Knight[125 SP for 5/5], Dragon Rage[50 SP for 1/1], and level 1 Awakening Charge[10 SP for 1/3]. This means a total of 366 SP is being used off-screen on this simulator. There is 386 left on the Simulator so that means you have 20 SP to put in whatever you like, or you can make Awakening Charge level 3/3. Again, if you want to skip the Ultimate that would add another 50 free SP. Or should you choose you can cut SP from a skill you don't like and put it elsehwere. I'm assuming in this build that you are using a maxed Dark Knight and Elemental Storm if not just for the joy of trying new skills. But there are several other skills that are new that I have ignored, so you may try those if you like:

3rd branch:
-Frozen Chain

4th branch:
-Spirit Counterattack
-Pain Division

I hope this helps somewhat.

Edited by Kazu731, 10 March 2012 - 09:09 PM.

#8 Coltz

Coltz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:53 PM

Thanks this does help. I'll add all this information up and come up with something eventually that would make a decent summoner or to what i believe would be a perfect build. thanks A LOT for the overwhelming infos I need those xD

Also I am kind of trying to focus on both PVP and PVE or a general great build. However If I must choose I'll lean towards PVP

Why is there only 1 blesser without buff? So your tactic is to swarm the place with different summons and abuse the decreased in cast time? I can see how it may play as, however is spell trap and spike wave really neccessary? Also if I have inferno won't that replace meteor and open up more sp's for a Golgon?

This build is interesting as i can see how it can be PVE effective and PVp effective if the opponent has a bad computer lol.

With the decrease casttime of the new skill. Smare root, Air Smash, and Rolling Stone is enough right?

Edited by Coltz, 10 March 2012 - 10:26 PM.

#9 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:58 PM

Speaking entirely in terms of PvE, spamming Mists comes out more preferable than a very, very costly Golgon, SP-wise. Blesser is simply there for the cast-time because I believe that with the cast-time reduction and a Summoner's high magic attack, you can outdamage your summons with your harder hitting skills. I may still be stuck in the past with Spell Trap, so you could swap that out. I also happen to be a fan of Spike Wave with the cast-time but all things considered it definitely isn't integral. On the other hand, Meteor Rain is an incredibly useful skill and I wouldn't recommend ditching it.

The idea of what I posted was a focus on Summoner skills rather than cohesion with Summons. You could most definitely forfeit a lot of these things in favor of Golgon, but my opinion is that the groggy from Mists along with the new cooldown [40 seconds] makes them a much more viable idea.

#10 Coltz

Coltz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:03 AM

That makes sense, But I am still confused at why the random doomanik along the herd of mist. It also feels weird to put 1 point into him with no upgrades or anything. Is he just a placeholder?

#11 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:07 AM

Doonamick is there as another cast-time reducer. I chose Doonamick over Dyke because Dyke can knock down enemies which does not support any skills as a Summoner. In other words, Dyke does more harm than good and, like Blesser, Doonamick will mostly just stay out of the way. The real support comes from the Mists.

#12 Coltz

Coltz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:51 AM

hmm. Could somone post the new skills and it's description please? I feel that there is some info on the new skills that I am missing that proves this isn't working so well for me.

#13 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:40 AM

Doonamick's purpose in that build is to reduce the cast-time. Here is how Energy Circulation works:

1 Summon out -> .3 second cast-time reduction
2 Summons out -> .6 second cast-time reduction
3 Summons out -> .9 second cast-time reduction
4 Summons out -> 1.2 second cast-time reduction
5 Summons out -> 1.5 second cast-time reduction [Immediate]

The purpose is to have:
1 Doonamick
1 Blesser
5 Mists
-> Three different summons while maintaining groggy and DPS from Mists -> .9 second cast-time reduction.

Also, once you have Dark Knight, that will bump it up to 1.2 second cast-time reduction. Note, however, that Dark Knight seems sort of buggy as I've seen him bring it to 1.5 second cast-time reduction regardless of the Summons you have out, and I've seen him lower the cast-time reduction randomly as well.

Alternatively, for PvP, you would not want to spam Mists. Instead, you may want to make Dyke level 1 for the extra cast-time reduction as many Mists will not be as useful as quick casts.

#14 Coltz

Coltz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:59 AM

Hm. how much summon points does each summon require for them to be out? Sorry if Iam asking too much questions haha.

#15 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:12 AM

No, it's fine, it's best for you to learn. That's why this section is here.

In the game, the Skill tree lists how much each summon takes. And it's good because it made me catch a mistake. I believe Doonamick is 2 Summon points so that means you would have one less Mist out. But here:

Mist [1]
Dyke [1]
Doonamick [2]
Kalki [3]
Blesser [1]
Golgon [4]
Dark Knight [0]

#16 Coltz

Coltz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:38 AM

No, it's fine, it's best for you to learn. That's why this section is here.

In the game, the Skill tree lists how much each summon takes. And it's good because it made me catch a mistake. I believe Doonamick is 2 Summon points so that means you would have one less Mist out. But here:

Mist [1]
Dyke [1]
Doonamick [2]
Kalki [3]
Blesser [1]
Golgon [4]
Dark Knight [0]

darkknight 0 points? and also you chose doomanik becaue it doesn;t knowck down, but Dire mists sometimes knockdown too anyway. having 4 mist and 1 doomanik is weird and off now. i would say Dyke but they also knockdown correct? Well if they are going to be knock down anyways i think it would make sense if we make it hurt. Golgon >.> .......pve wise i remember you said 2 mist is fine, so 2 mist and a golgon and a weird 0 point dark knight should be able to lower my cooldowns enough while dishing out maximum damage without too much lowering my efficiency of spell casting..

#17 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

darkknight 0 points? and also you chose doomanik becaue it doesn;t knowck down, but Dire mists sometimes knockdown too anyway. having 4 mist and 1 doomanik is weird and off now. i would say Dyke but they also knockdown correct? Well if they are going to be knock down anyways i think it would make sense if we make it hurt. Golgon >.> .......pve wise i remember you said 2 mist is fine, so 2 mist and a golgon and a weird 0 point dark knight should be able to lower my cooldowns enough while dishing out maximum damage without too much lowering my efficiency of spell casting..

That's fine, but note that Dark Knight only lasts for 55 seconds at 5/5 and you won't have 5/5 until about level 70+.

#18 Coltz

Coltz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

Alright atm we have somewhat of a solid build with a quite an MP consumption rate. now to work

3rd branch:
-Frozen Chain
4th branch:
-Spirit Counterattack
-Pain Division

What are your thoughts on these? from the video Frozen chains seems useful. However which one is pain division and spirit counterattack?

#19 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

Spirit Counterattack is a Revenge buff for your Summons where a % of the damage they take is reflected back at them. Pain Division is a passive that, when maxed, reduces 20% of the damage you take and gives it to your summons. I am not entirely too sure on these skills and that is up to you.

Frozen Chain would work nicely if you had extra SP and wanted to add a dimension of annoyance to enemies and would also function as an F7 slower. I recommend level 1 only if you have free SP.

#20 Coltz

Coltz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

alright my final result is up is there any problems with it? anybody? The more people who give their opinion on it is the only way to make it better. 2 person tinkering has limits, i'll also try it out and may update my progress to comment on this build.

Edited by Coltz, 11 March 2012 - 07:14 PM.

#21 funinfrance

funinfrance

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:42 AM

Mmmm, the only suggestion I would make is that you get regain, and regain refresh. With this atleast for pve you can farm and stuff without really needing potions. Just regain your summons before the time is up for them, and you get hp/mp from them. ^^

#22 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:49 AM

Mmmm, the only suggestion I would make is that you get regain, and regain refresh. With this atleast for pve you can farm and stuff without really needing potions. Just regain your summons before the time is up for them, and you get hp/mp from them. ^^

Or you could not get them and not waste SP on frivolous crap!

#23 HavocInfinity

HavocInfinity

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:40 AM

Regain is useful, regain refresh not so much. Sometimes the summons can be annoying, or you want a different assortment of them and instead of waiting for them to die or run out of time, you can press a button and poof, they are gone =)

#24 Coltz

Coltz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:09 PM

The regain I think is more of a comfort thing that is NICE to have. Not really neccessary, I would rather spend that 1 extra point on frozen chains for more variety of attacks. Also the status effects and having more available skills can furthur it as a PVP available build aswell. Furthurmore a PVP build without the cheap mana burn for people who prefer it.

#25 Coltz

Coltz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:31 AM

Also is it wise to add in Dragonkin Force Reinforcement? does the benefits later on atleast noticable?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users