My ultimate general summoner build For Both PVE + PVP - Page 2 - Shaman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

My ultimate general summoner build For Both PVE + PVP

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#26 HavocInfinity

HavocInfinity

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

All the MATK skill buffs are worth getting because they add to your final attack and do not cost an extreme amount of SP. The more MATK you have, the stronger your summons are, too.

#27 Coltz

Coltz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:56 PM

Perhaps by that logic yes. however this is an end game build the 3% more MATK in the end is not going to worth 10skillpoint. by that time you will be painfully grinding for skillpts. There is definitly better worthwhile skills.

Also can anyone verify this ? "unfortunately with the new patch you'll need to get dire mist and cry of life to get golgon." - by funinfrance

Edited by Coltz, 18 March 2012 - 10:07 PM.

#28 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:47 AM

All of the Magic Attack passives on Summoner are an absolute necessity. If you ignore any of them you are condemning yourself to a horrible skill build.

As for prerequisites, just open up the game and read the skill chart.

Edited by Kazu731, 19 March 2012 - 01:48 AM.

#29 Coltz

Coltz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:02 AM

By what logic will 3% make a difference in the long run? regardless on how paramount you make the 3% appears to be, there must have some kind of logic to use 10sp for 3%. Perhaps an explaination here or maybe 3% is a build changing factor, and apparently this one thing can "condemn this to a horrible build"? 10 sp for a 3%MATK increase for a 1/1.

For the Prerequisites they won't show until your level is up to par.

Edited by Coltz, 20 March 2012 - 04:15 AM.

#30 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:12 AM

By what logic will 3% make a difference in the long run? regardless on how paramount you make the 3% appears to be, there must have some kind of logic to use 10sp for 3%. Perhaps an explaination here? and apparently this one thign will condemn this to a horrible build? 10 sp for a 3%MATK increase for a 1/1.

For the prerequisites, I thought someone would say somethign similar. However Prerequisites won't show until your level is up to par.

Have you actually played a summoner?

#31 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:14 AM

By what logic will 3% make a difference in the long run? regardless on how paramount you make the 3% appears to be, there must have some kind of logic to use 10sp for 3%. Perhaps an explaination here? and apparently this one thign will condemn this to a horrible build? 10 sp for a 3%MATK increase for a 1/1.

For the prerequisites, I thought someone would say somethign similar. However Prerequisites won't show until your level is up to par.

Perhaps if you choose to use a very low upgraded weapon, the 3% is not worth it. However, Absolute Percentages are a rare occurrence and making use of them is extraordinarily important. That 3% added together with all the other absolute magic attack percentages will give you a very, very high magic attack. If you're using anything lower than +10, I guess, you could ignore it. However, I would personally never sacrifice any part of the backbone of my DPS. Especially considering most of your damage comes from Smare Shot, it's incredible folly to overlook any extra bit of Magic Attack that comes at a low cost. You may see the SP as being wasted, but I see it as just one of the building blocks to making a capable Summoner. Ultimately your build is up to you and situational, especially depending on your gear in this case. Perhaps another Summoner-experienced player would comment on this, but I would not expect anything else of someone seasoned by the class' playstyle.

#32 HavocInfinity

HavocInfinity

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:27 AM

you need the 3% in order to get the 8%. The more % you add, the stronger you will be. If you cannot understand this, just believe it blindly.

#33 Existed

Existed

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:25 PM

Heres an insight on whether if you want to get the passive matk boost for summoners or not. I was lucky enough to look at a Legend Zstaff+20 on a summoner. When I highlighted to look at his Final damage amplification line, it gave him 8k+ matk. So... it's up to you if you want that extra 8k+ matk. It's your decision.

Edited by Existed, 20 March 2012 - 12:28 PM.

#34 Coltz

Coltz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:34 PM

Perhaps if you choose to use a very low upgraded weapon, the 3% is not worth it. However, Absolute Percentages are a rare occurrence and making use of them is extraordinarily important. That 3% added together with all the other absolute magic attack percentages will give you a very, very high magic attack. If you're using anything lower than +10, I guess, you could ignore it. However, I would personally never sacrifice any part of the backbone of my DPS. Especially considering most of your damage comes from Smare Shot, it's incredible folly to overlook any extra bit of Magic Attack that comes at a low cost. You may see the SP as being wasted, but I see it as just one of the building blocks to making a capable Summoner. Ultimately your build is up to you and situational, especially depending on your gear in this case. Perhaps another Summoner-experienced player would comment on this, but I would not expect anything else of someone seasoned by the class' playstyle.

I have added the 3% before all the comments if you see the update, I believe Its worthwhile now since I need to reeorder some stuff for the new patch prerequisite for Golgon anyways. Perhaps that 3% really would make me that much more potent. However purely looking at benefits would you choose 3% over a new skill such as frozen chains? Because I think the decisions were made with thought thinking of losing 3% than the gaining of the 10sp for another skill. I am not hesitating Dragonkin Force out of importance but rather the priority in comparing other options that results best in the end.

Heres an insight on whether if you want to get the passive matk boost for summoners or not. I was lucky enough to look at a Legend Zstaff+20 on a summoner. When I highlighted to look at his Final damage amplification line, it gave him 8k+ matk. So... it's up to you if you want that extra 8k+ matk. It's your decision.

Refering to the shaman's Dragonkin Force there was nothing beyond the 1/1 *from what i see so far* for 3% end game.. somehow adding up to 8kdmg? I would love to see the math, especially 97% of a 3% as 8k would be an INCREDIBLE damage that would seem to be out of ingame reason >.>. Are you sure there isn't something else that resulted such number?

you need the 3% in order to get the 8%. The more % you add, the stronger you will be. If you cannot understand this, just believe it blindly.

"10 sp for a 3%MATK increase for a 1/1" I said this so people would not assume its the one that keeps adding (natural force). Dragonkin Force does not add up, it is only 1/1 for 10sp for 3%MATK,

"believing blindly" As you can see ignorant isn't bliss in the long runs. D=.

Edited by Coltz, 21 March 2012 - 12:11 AM.

#35 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:16 AM

It's through a combination of Nation Fury, Dragon Force Reinforcement and the other new one that adds 5%.

#36 funinfrance

funinfrance

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:02 AM

=p Im glad your enjoying the class. But regarding the 3% magic attack, you need that as a pre-req for dragon force amplification which gives 8% so together its really 30 sp for 11% added to your final magic attack. In addition, if you max out nation of fury which is 18% you get 29% total amplification to your final magic attack. I believe thats the correct numbers >.<

#37 Existed

Existed

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:10 AM

Pretty much what most of us noted. He/she most likely have Maxed NationFury (18%), DF Reinforce (3%), DF Amp (8%), and Grace of Mother Earth lvl1 from Blesser gives (5%). That's 34% total. Probably more if you maxed out your Blesser summon. Pretty neat numbers.

#38 Coltz

Coltz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

I see, that makes sense now. I highly recommend them adding prerequisites even before the required level then. Due note that it is because of the Golgon prerequisite that i added dragon force, There is not enough Points to add blesser. The importance of each skill is well considered and weighted accordingly for me, however If by experience you know certain sp's are better better relocated. Then feel free to take the updated simulator with the labeled new skills in mind and toss the sp's about. Atm this is the best I can do to get all that is best sometimes sacrificing the good.

Also I made this build with Golgon, Mists, and rolling ball skills in mind to have a decent PVE PVP build.

Edited by Coltz, 22 March 2012 - 03:17 PM.

#39 Smiles2all

Smiles2all

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:01 AM

Kazu's links don't seem to work, is there a way you could repost them or something?

#40 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:35 AM

Kazu's links don't seem to work, is there a way you could repost them or something?

It seems to be an issue with the skill simulator itself. Only Himeyasha or Igozuvi could comment on it.

Edited by Kazu731, 21 June 2012 - 06:02 PM.

#41 Coltz

Coltz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

yup so far everything is still going very smooth.

#42 aimforthetop123

aimforthetop123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:57 AM

None of the links are working.
Can someone post a lvl 80 skill build for pvp?
My brother really needs help on this
Thank you all~ :p_laugh:

#43 Tarolehe

Tarolehe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:07 AM

It's a shame that they are not included in a simulator yet but hopefully I can offer advice. First I'd like to know if you're focusing on PvE or PvP. I'm going to assume PvE so that you can level to 80 and then you can work it later.

With the introduction of the changes, I think you would do better to get Doonamick with Mist spam. Prior to this update I would have said to spam Mists, but because of the new cast-time reduction skill, Energy Circulation, it is better to have multiple summons out and rely on your skills more. The build you proposed in your first post is outdated because of the new skills--keep in mind there are new skills besides just the 4th job ones.

I'm going to give you a proposed build in level increments. Here is how you should read it:
1) Look at the simulator
2) You will notice there are extra Skill Points left over
3) Read my instructions for what to do with this extra SP

With that said
[Level 30]:
http://irowiki.org/~...000000000000000

The extra 10 SP should go Dragonkin Force Reinforcement in the first branch of the skill tree. This is a prerquisite for Spike Wave.
The reasoning here being that you would summon as many Mists as possible while running maps. I do not recommend summoning Doonamick yet but you should get him to level 1/5. Meteor Rain, Dragon Tooth, Air Smash, Spike Wave, and Spell Trap will be your primary attack skills. You'll be sort of weak right now but it will eventually come together.

[Level 45]:
http://irowiki.org/~...000000100000000

Spell Prison is going to aid in slowing monsters for F7. Nation Fury is a must for your MATK, and absolutely make sure the leftover 25 SP gets into Energy Circulation right away. Once you have Energy Circulation, you should summon one Doonamick and as many Mists as possible which will give you a .6 second cast-time reduction. As soon as you get to 40, you'll want to make your setup one Blesser, one Doonamick, and the rest should be Mists. You'll have a total .9 second cast-time reduction for your attack skills, and the Mists will be support damage. You'll also want to get Smare Shot which will begin to be one of your biggest DPS attacks, though it may not fully function until 5/5 later.

[Level 60]:
http://irowiki.org/~...000000500003500

You'll want to max Rolling Stone for F7 and then max Smare Shot, and then get Dragonkin Force Amplification for 20 SP. This will take from 45 to 60.

From here this is just a very, very general cookie cutter build for PvE. Keep in mind that if you wanted to PvP you would want to change some things. You would probably want to use Golgon and Earthquake. Overall I'm not going to speak to a PvP build and I am definitely no expert on a Summoner's PvE with this newest update.

For PvE, I'm going to assume that you want the Ultimate Skill. If you do not, that is a free 50 SP you can play with. I'm also going to assume you got one Skill Forge for Awakening.
[Level 80]:
http://irowiki.org/~...000000500003500
So lt's keep track here:

-You have 10 SP left over in the skill simulator which is used for Dragonkin Force Reinforcement in the first branch
-You have 25 SP left over in the skill simulator which is used for Energy Circulation in the second branch
-You have 20 SP left over in the skill simulator which is used for Dragonkin Force Amplificaton in the third branch
That's 55 SP.

Then, at level 80, 311 total SP should go to maxing Elemental Storm[125 SP for 5/5], Dark Knight[125 SP for 5/5], Dragon Rage[50 SP for 1/1], and level 1 Awakening Charge[10 SP for 1/3]. This means a total of 366 SP is being used off-screen on this simulator. There is 386 left on the Simulator so that means you have 20 SP to put in whatever you like, or you can make Awakening Charge level 3/3. Again, if you want to skip the Ultimate that would add another 50 free SP. Or should you choose you can cut SP from a skill you don't like and put it elsehwere. I'm assuming in this build that you are using a maxed Dark Knight and Elemental Storm if not just for the joy of trying new skills. But there are several other skills that are new that I have ignored, so you may try those if you like:

3rd branch:
-Frozen Chain

4th branch:
-Spirit Counterattack
-Pain Division

I hope this helps somewhat.

I cant open the Skill Simulator Links, does any1 have a link that works? ty

#44 bluegirlx

bluegirlx

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

cool maybe i should give summoner another go it sounds awesome :D

#45 Coltz

Coltz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

wow.. It has been awhile uhm.. Here http://irowiki.org/~...100350011050500

not sure if this is 100% what it was. But i can answer some questions if your not sure why i added them. I changed some stuff to maximize dmg and skill based playstyle. using a bunch of mists as livestock and a gorgon as my wall that heals me. very specific play, yet very fun. PVE and PVP does well in both have fun.

UPDATED

Edited by Coltz, 03 January 2013 - 07:45 PM.

#46 hermesd

hermesd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:49 AM

Oh no Coltz has taken D Mana Burn XD

#47 funinfrance

funinfrance

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

Hm, interesting build you have here. I must say though, it makes me really happy seeing another summoner =^.^= However, I'm wondering why you have mana burn with mana react? If its for mp, then just using the skill regain on one of your summons is a much cheaper way (sp) to get mana with a much shorter cooldown. Plus, I find that when I use mana burn you get focused from everyone around you >.< But unfortunately, I'm speaking from a more pvp standpoint. My summons always die within seconds thanks to people who know how important they are to me QQ. I'm also wondering if you have tried the skill impact unsummon at all? I haven't tried it for myself, but for pvp with a mist army you could just explode them all on group XD. Always wanted to try it... But in all honesty for a really strong build in pvp, if you get that mist army out and then buff them with spirit counterattack you can pretty much kill most anything that attacks you. Anyways, good luck with your summoner ^ ^

#48 1605043122

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:26 AM

does shot mastery afftect the speed of smart shot? and is the speed medal applicable to smart shot too ? 

#49 Illusicuro

Illusicuro

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:02 PM

the link is dead? i cannot see the build T^T

#50 Andremwl

Andremwl

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:36 PM

Hi, the link seems to be broken! Is there anyone that can re post the skill build?? Would really appreciate it! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users