Maintenance March 13 - Page 3 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Maintenance March 13

• Please log in to reply
397 replies to this topic

#51 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:43 PM

Well I dont play on ymir or ygg but i do WoE quite a bit on valk. I could tell you know that if i had to WoE 5 hours straight i would just stop being a WoE guild all together. That is honestly madness. People work jobs shorter than that amount of time. How can you expect a player to sit there for 5 hours to play a video game? I mean in my college days, i know ive sat for hours on end playing video sometimes (beat god of war 2 in a single rainy day). BUT i take breaks in between, sitting there for too long can hurt your eyes and give you headaches. Its not a fun feeling.

What im getting at is that 5 hours of WoE would fall under the catagory of "Too much of a good thing." Chocolate is great, but i dont eat 5 pounds of it just cause its amazing...I would get a stomach ache if i did that. Same thing with WoE, if i sat there for 5 hours just WoEing I would feel aweful after.

#52 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:55 PM

Well I dont play on ymir or ygg but i do WoE quite a bit on valk. I could tell you know that if i had to WoE 5 hours straight i would just stop being a WoE guild all together. That is honestly madness. People work jobs shorter than that amount of time. How can you expect a player to sit there for 5 hours to play a video game? I mean in my college days, i know ive sat for hours on end playing video sometimes (beat god of war 2 in a single rainy day). BUT i take breaks in between, sitting there for too long can hurt your eyes and give you headaches. Its not a fun feeling.

What im getting at is that 5 hours of WoE would fall under the catagory of "Too much of a good thing." Chocolate is great, but i dont eat 5 pounds of it just cause its amazing...I would get a stomach ache if i did that. Same thing with WoE, if i sat there for 5 hours just WoEing I would feel aweful after.

They don't care. They've basically outright said it. Good thing you play on valk though.

#53 Chris

Chris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:11 PM

Please get rid of the extra WoE1 on Ymir.
It went from fun to tiresome for Sat woes.

#54 erich

erich

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:13 PM

Hello, heim.
How about the special effect of Saint Patric's Hat that monster drops Green Ale ?
Coming back in this season or not?

#55 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:32 PM

I'm glad ygg woe no longer overlaps with valk woe so I can participate on both servers. It also clears up any guild members that play on both servers. Last Saturday we were constantly being rushed while we were short members on the valk server as a good chunk of our guild were in the middle of woe on ygg. The extra man power would have helped a lot and it would be unfair to get people to prioritize one server over the other.

The problem here though is the fact that ygg has two woes on Saturday which now makes playing RO on Saturday more like a full day of work than anything. You know what happens when a game starts seeming like work or when people get so much woe they get sick of it? They stop playing entirely, which is completely counter intuitive to what you want when you're running an mmo.

#56 viceroyblue

viceroyblue

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:45 PM

People will not quit WOE. They would just be forced to choose which 2 hr sat WOE to play. Just plan your WOE like a sports team with substitutions. lol

#57 shado

shado

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 401 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:51 PM

People will not quit WOE. They would just be forced to choose which 2 hr sat WOE to play. Just plan your WOE like a sports team with substitutions. lol

Yeah, let me get right on that so I can lose due to not having enough people, and waste even more supplies.

I wish people would think before posting something stupid.

#58 Raidius

Raidius

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Locationmy chair

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:02 AM

calling all this something to make the game better is BS,
is enough to cut your plans on a saturday for 2-3 hours, but now you gotta waste all your day for 6-7 hrs if you want your guild to progress. with this you just gonna make players quit cuz they wont be able to assist to all woes, unable to progress theres no motivation to play. you asking for something impossible, not many will keep assisting for the whole thing. if the plan is to make the game better, try on a diff way, like this its just killing it

#59 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:02 AM

Kinda sucks cuz Ygg wasn't even a real server until like 2 months ago. Now its dead.

#60 firewind

firewind

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:14 AM

Heim stop extra woe is too much really (Ygg Server) -.-;

Edited by firewind, 13 March 2012 - 12:15 AM.

#61 Litz

Litz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:20 AM

oh no double exp is ended TAT

#62 Triki

Triki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:46 AM

if the ygg woe changes stay like this, then i wont be able to participate anymore (due to being in work) and the new woe time also makes it 4-6am woe for my co-leaders (valk guild on ygg) unable to participate, so in effect u will be losing a whole guilds worth of vip per month + whatever gets spent on lucky boxes. good luck trying to kill ygg woe and lower ur income, your certainly succeeding right now

#63 Ramen19

Ramen19

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Server:Classic~

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:09 AM

^ it's really funny how people are like "oh too much woe" when they play the game for 10+ hours, even then, those people only care about 2 things. 1: Killing people, 2: Eco and castles. Unless you're "hardcore" and defend the castle for 2 straight hours with a good guild, you're better off just tagging last 15 or so mins and butt f'ing one castle or 2. lol~ All you care about is castle loots anyways. So, chiming your ideas are dittlelysheet when it doesn't take so much to break a castle and keep it for 5mins you're defending heh.

#64 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:34 AM

^ so you prefer 6 hours of woe then?

whether it be castle loots, eco's, killing people, having fun, overall increasing woe hours kills all aspect of that.

1. longer hours cost more supply. the point of woe for people is to make money and also to have fun. saying 'all you care about is loots' is like saying you're not allowed to go and make money from woe. afterall , woe-ing is the only way to naturally obtain god items without having to absurdly pay lots of money.
2. eco's wise, this hurts the younger and smaller guild who would try and make money from having higher castle eco. they will have trouble getting it up and eventually will give up due to lack of supplies (which is already mentioned).
3. woe is fun, but just like every event, it gets boring when it goes on for extended period of time. would you watch a movie that goes on for 2 hrs, twice in a row? i'll bet you won't.
4. killing people is fun, but it eventually gets tedious after time, which doesn't make it fun.

i can easily state more points, but its obvious enough pretty much.

#65 shado

shado

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 401 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:29 AM

they will have trouble getting it up

:(

#66 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:11 AM

This is starting to make me think heim is trying to get everyone on ygg to quit so they can shut down the server.

#67 Triki

Triki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:11 AM

also do note that the current daylight savings (europe doesnt change for 2 weeks, some places dont even change, etc) combined with this absurd new woe schedule has popped a woe in 5 hours earlier than normal for some ygg players, do you really expect people to dedicate 12am-8pm PST (1 hour either side of both woes to supply, make parties, reinburse etc etc) without even taking into the consideration the amount of time AND cost it takes to make the supplies for 4 hours of woe?

Edited by Triki, 13 March 2012 - 03:12 AM.

#68 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:20 AM

Could you please make the ale hat actually drop green ales again? And leave it that way this time? Green ales losing their %heal for most of the year really doesn't warrent the hat not dropping them as they're no longer an omnipotent healing item.

Also, sucks about double exp ending...my homunculus still needed 6 more levels for his first AoE skill.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 13 March 2012 - 03:23 AM.

#69 aurasphere

aurasphere

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:25 AM

Agreeing with anyone saying the all stats + 1 effect on the angel/devil headgear should have been kept.

the +1 all stat should stay on the glasses. but not the atk/matk.

honestly the real hard work was spending/farming the find sands. the event was really buggy (angels being way more hard to kill at first, causing many people to join the angels side, some servers getting a bugged Devil side, can't switch sides even when you brought 100 lumps/crates, etc) if the atk/matk is going to stay and grant a MID head gear 20~30 atk/matk then i could sense an outpouring a Q.Q's (myself included) since the event wasn't really fair or well ran. we had 4/5 weeks of getting devil's symbol/angel's symbol so i think +1 all stat to a mid headgear is somewhat acceptable.

It's not just that, the Angel side on Valk literally gets nothing iirc. During the first week, when the Angel side is winning, the NPC is bugged and won't give the ATK/MATK upgrade to the Angel side, and after the first week, when the NPC is fixed, the Devil side keeps winning so they got their ATK/MATK upgrade, while Angel side never got the upgrade because during the only time they're winning, the NPC is bugged.

Edited by YohanesW, 13 March 2012 - 03:31 AM.

#70 silentFuzz

silentFuzz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2049 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:~

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:32 AM

Could you please give further information on how the extended WoE time is essential for further updates? I'd like proper justification.

I'd like a proper explanation as well because I still don't fully understand why you're doing this.

I had many that were vocal about wanting to have WoE 1 still occur on Saturday

not in Ygg

Regardless of how I choose it, someone is unhappy, I would rather err on the side of giving more time to do WoE than having less WoE time.

Again, not in Ygg server. The majority of the people in our server, if not everyone, are unhappy with these changes. I'm not sure but I feel like these changes in WoE times were intended for Ymir.

Edited by silentFuzz, 13 March 2012 - 03:40 AM.

#71 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:33 AM

Come ooonnnnnn BIO 2!

#72 firewind

firewind

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:34 AM

Before u change any Woe Times why u dont ask your customers. are our opinions not worth your time?

Edited by firewind, 13 March 2012 - 03:39 AM.

#73 falkenjeff

falkenjeff

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 448 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Server:"Valkyrie, prepared."

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:38 AM

Yeah, let me get right on that so I can lose due to not having enough people, and waste even more supplies.

I wish people would think before posting something stupid.

If you're a guild leader, organize your team so that they all go to 1 WoE, and not both. It's your guild, your team, if you can't manage them you don't deserve to be a guild leader :). If you're not a guild leader, and yours isn't doing that, pick another guild.

#74 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:40 AM

^ you deserve a face slap.

here you go - faceslap.jpeg

#75 Triki

Triki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:45 AM

the thought process of the current woe changes -
1, make a thread to discuss it
2, after pretty much every1 has said its a bad idea, implement it!
3, after pretty much every1 has said 6 hours in a row is too much, change it to 7 hours in a row instead!

i guess what we need to start posting is that we love the woe changes and we think we should have to dedicate even more time to RO on our weekend, maybe then it will go back to how it was?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users