safest way to +9? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

safest way to +9?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Kotu

Kotu

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:15 AM

I was lucky enough to get a firelock card in the last event but it requires +9 boots to work fully.

I am pretty confused about how to go about upgrading an item to +9 without it getting destroyed though, there seems to be loads of different items and npcs with some of them only being parts of events themselves.

I know I can use normal Elunium to get to +4
after that i need safe +7 body certs, do I only need one of these or one per +1 or will I need loads if the chance to get +1 is less than 100%?
HD Elu/Enriched Elu, I understand enriched elu has a better chance after +7, why would anyone use HD Elu then? Do i have to keep going back to using certs if the enriched elu fails and makes a +7 into +6 instead?

Also, where do the +7 certs come from? I noticed there was an npc in for a day or so, but i never got chance to use it.

Thanks for any help on this.

#2 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:25 AM

Safe Cert only make your UPGRADE ATTEMPS on equips didnt break from +4 to +7. People using HD Elu/Ori because its cheaper than Enriched one although its a bit lower success chance. And all +7 certs came from some Lucky Boxes, Equips Turn-In (The girl NPC near Eden blue door) and Eat Gear NPC last week.

#3 nixophilic88

nixophilic88

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:04 AM

enriched elu are safe only with enriched hammer. So u can use them when he is in. Otherwise hd elu are safe, since no chance of breaking ur gear. But, if it fails and goes below +7, then u have to use safe certs again.

#4 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:12 AM

You could do it the old fashioned way and just save up, get a bunch of the footgear you want to put the card in, get a bunch of elu, and just try to get a +9.

#5 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:29 AM

Wait for enriched hammer next week, comes in every other week

#6 Dmentd

Dmentd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts
  • LocationIn over my head
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:18 AM

You could do it the old fashioned way and just save up, get a bunch of the footgear you want to put the card in, get a bunch of elu, and just try to get a +9.

This is good...if you're a masochist. My advice: don't do this, unless you're so ridiculously rich that zeny doesn't matter to you. In which case, you wouldn't have made this thread; you'd just buy the +9.

#7 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:49 AM

If you're just looking for boots[1], you can buy a bunch of them for pretty cheap. Then elu or elu/enriched elu one to +7, and wait for enriched hammer to show up again!

#8 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

Just buy some footgear from someone else if you can't wait.

#9 Tenshi143

Tenshi143

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Server:valkyrie

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:23 PM

enriched elu are safe only with enriched hammer. So u can use them when he is in. Otherwise hd elu are safe, since no chance of breaking ur gear. But, if it fails and goes below +7, then u have to use safe certs again.

errr.. no, u can still gamble if you have a ton of enriched elu in stock to get it back up to 7.

#10 Rafa07

Rafa07

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 909 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Classic

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:18 PM

This is good...if you're a masochist. My advice: don't do this, unless you're so ridiculously rich that zeny doesn't matter to you. In which case, you wouldn't have made this thread; you'd just buy the +9.

last week someone was QQ on forums because he brokes 3 heroic backpack from +5 to +6 with normal elus, because he dont want to use body cert because :"cert are expensive".

#11 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:29 PM

^ Lol, he didn't get my luck then. Because my first Heroic Backpack was +7'ed normally with E.Elu

I +5 ~ +7 with Suhnbi.

#12 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:51 PM

Unless you're +9'ing gears like the Mora boots which are forced onto some jobs, that's fine, but for almost all else Variant Shoes will be better and cheaper than some +9 firelock soldier carded boot. They made firelock soldier to be a pretty worthless card.

HD ores used to be the only way to safely make an item to +9. Enriched hammer was a custom server addition which destroyed the point of their existence.

#13 Rafa07

Rafa07

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 909 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Classic

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:55 PM

Unless you're +9'ing gears like the Mora boots which are forced onto some jobs, that's fine, but for almost all else Variant Shoes will be better and cheaper than some +9 firelock soldier carded boot. They made firelock soldier to be a pretty worthless card.

HD ores used to be the only way to safely make an item to +9. Enriched hammer was a custom server addition which destroyed the point of their existence.

for low hp classes that need str like Gene/SC or even casters class, +9Diab boots with firelock gives more hp than variant plus +2str, even without diab manteau, +9superior diab boot gives for lv150 1500hp+10% hp and SP, for my gene i dont need the +10%sp that variants gives over diabo boots + Def

#14 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:17 PM

Firelock is even a good substitute if you want to wear the Sprint Set to have the effects.

#15 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

After blowing over 100 HD ores going back and forth between +3 and +4 on a headgear, I can honestly say to wait for Enriched Hammer to come back. Mighty will only screw you over.

#16 Tenshi143

Tenshi143

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Server:valkyrie

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:27 PM

After blowing over 100 HD ores going back and forth between +3 and +4 on a headgear, I can honestly say to wait for Enriched Hammer to come back. Mighty will only screw you over.

:no1: :ok:

#17 DeathDealer

DeathDealer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationJefferson State

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:31 PM

i agree, variants are better if you can afford them or w/e. I know on ymir therye around 30-40m i think right now. If you cant wear em yet its not crucial to have the firelock shoes in order to get to trans class. In fact eden gears will work for you til 3rd class if ur super poor. I would suggest selling the card and save for variants.

#18 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

HD ores are for making +10s.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users