• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pandaranger

pandaranger

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:44 AM

So i am making a soul linker on a side account cause i want a link slave for my sage/scholar and alch and a few other classes but i have no idea skills and such for one. i am just gonna run a esma build as its not too hard to lvl and i have a soul linker on my main account but its a kaahi dagger of counter linker and cant help my main account characters lol. any help would be nice and links to builds or even a guide would be awesome. i know u build with high int and moderate dex. i was thinking the PvM Esma Agi Bolter or the PvM Esma Vit Bolter sounds nice too (they are builds from iro wiki.

#2 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:45 PM

Having Esma takes away a huge amount of skill points for a versatile link slave.
I have a linker that used to be used for ET runs is very durable and can survive the scariest places on auto-follow.
Esma's damage also got nerfed to hell because of renewal changed the matk formula and linker skills have yet to be revisited.

My linker is

80 VIT
80 INT
60 DEX
20 LUK

If linkers every get reworked I'll reset to have have 60 int and 80 dex.

Once you get in range for TI's. Get yourself a Sprout hat, A reflect Shield and a moonie dagger. You will be the boss of tanks.

For Skillz, this is an overview of what is useful for a link slave (sorry too lazy to format)

Sage-lots of hindsighters running round

Super novice link-lot of these guys running round too

alchie link-only if you expect to be helping a potter on a regular basis

Blacksmith link-nice in nub parties

bard/link-this buff is awesome but performers are becoming extinct unfortunately.

Kaahii-if you plan to tank MVPs ever max it otherwise 3-5 works for most people

Kaziel-auto res/KE i advise having at least lvl 1.

Kaupe-awesome skill, better on Pdodge/agi linkers, if you can insta cast it (not sure if still possible) you never die

Kaite-gives people cancer in WoE and PvP thanks to it's debuff. No longer useful for general leveling.

Kaina-must have for esma linker to just to get a managable sp consumption.

Eswoo-one of my favorite skills, make a monster tiny and move slow for some seconds, works on boss protocol monsties

Estin/Estun-pre-reqs for esma users with estun being prefered for leveling

Eske-the reason why reflect skills are disabled in ET, still fun times out on regular maps

Eska- good for tanking of stuff you don't want to kill just yet, like mvp mobs

Hmmm.. I think that's it.

#3 pandaranger

pandaranger

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:17 AM

whats a TI? Also whats a reflect shield?

#4 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:33 PM

1)TIs are the weekly turn in quest.

2)High Orc carded shield.

#5 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:44 PM

I am leveling a melee linker to job 50 and will reset skills/stats afterwards. I was wondering which link skills I should get. I was told by a few people that you have to be married to your link target for it to be effective at all in some cases.

Ka skills (Kaahi, Kaziel, Kaite, Kaupe) require the target to be another linker or a spouse. If a linker has been linked by another linker, then you can cast ka skills on anyone. i think this sentence is confusing. :sry:

I have read the skills descriptions on the warp portal site, wiki, and even the skill simulater on the main page of wiki and have seen no mention of needing to be married to be effective. So, instead of relying on some one's "knowledge" of the class/skills I wanted to get some one's actual experience on the subject. What links can be effective for any class married or not married to? Does marriage even effect the linking skill? Thanks for your time.

i summarized skills above, I still actively play my linker, so if you have any situation specific questions i can also answer them. Being married only effects Ka skills. Even better is to if convince a friend to dual log their linker so you can enjoy ka skills on even your unmarried characters.

#6 gabbyjay13

gabbyjay13

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:44 PM

Okay. From what I read in your post, the only skill that benefits from marriage is the Ka skills. You can cast them on your spouse. But if I am linked by a linker, I can cast the Ka skills on anyone. Sorry if my sentences were confusing in my original post. I was a bit stressed while typing them. I was told that I had to be married to a sage in order for them to be able to cast bolt 10 with my link. I should have put that in my original post as an example. And I play on 4 different accounts and have linkers on 2 of them (1 boy account and 1 girl account) and will link my linkers as needed.

Thanks for clearing up the confusion that was told to me. I will level my linker and follow your stat build so that I can link my other players without getting killed. Also, is the monk link worth getting? A splash damage would be nice while leveling. =)

#7 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:05 PM

Monk link is poopy because hardly any monks you are partying with uses combos...they usually tanking with mental strength.

Note: I meant my sentences were confusing, lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users