85 replies to this topic

#76 dMz09

dMz09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:37 AM

That happens in the real(business) world...a lot. I should know...I'm in the middle of 3 different projects as we speak at my job...and i'm not anyone important. I need to be able to shift gears on a moments notice. That is a professional.

A professional is someone who can juggle all of that responsibility. This isn't a classroom. It's not one assignment at a time, then onto the next. This is a job. Be able to do it, and do it right.

Friends list is pretty damn crucial to the game. It is one of the major communication networks for our game. How will you even be able to gather 2-15 people to join the Game Arena, if you can't even remember all your friends account names to play with, if they're still AROUND by the time the damn thing is finally done(and debugged, cause you know that thing will be bugged to hell upon implimentation....like everything else)?

I'd rather they at least fix that.

One thing I am curious about is that the friends list is still functional on Pegasus but not Leonis/Draconis.

Well said. The players (CUSTOMERS) have spoken, it's time for you to actually consider these requests. If you are complaining because you have too many projects listed in front of you, maybe switching to a volunteer internship would be a better position for you. The working world is for people who get things done. You have countless resources to find out what your customers want. Throw up a poll, start a thread.....then do something.

Edited by dMz09, 04 April 2012 - 06:38 AM.

#77 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:39 AM

What stability reasons?

I still get dc'd anyways from the numerous other venues, bugged UW, TG, Storage, Changing of maps. Even standing idle I dc.

Edit: Best part is, in the first 2-3 years I started, I never ONCE had any of these problems.

Edited by Dusk1PS, 04 April 2012 - 07:08 AM.

#78 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:39 AM

Yeah as if the friends list made the server stability any better lol.

#79 Rinpyon

Rinpyon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCanyon city of Zant

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:44 AM

when will they fix the FL issues omg T^T

#80 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:22 AM

Any updates on this? ^

#81 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

Any updates on this? ^

here is your update.

I will keep this short.

The skill changes in terms of span of time is short enough that its priority is placed in front of the friends list because in the grand scheme of things can be done o we can get to updating the skills and allow ourselves to move forward.

The Friends List changes are not simple, the reason for the disabling it was due to the severity of the code issues and re-modeling the system at that time wasn't something that could be easily done, it is not going to be a simple project in a sense of time so there for the skills take priority in terms of project order not importance.

Everything else is just you trying to twist things into knots that don't need to be tied together.

We know the importance of the Friends List, this isn't a debate on importance this is an issue of TIME. We are working as much as possible to get things done. I am no longer going to comment on the Friends List or debate schedules as its a horse I am tired of trying to keep alive that so easily just gets beaten dead. We Are Aware, We Are Moving Forward.

#82 NoodleKingg

NoodleKingg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:34 PM

Sad. Even though I have not been around as long as many of the other players have, I can already tell that this game was never intended to be PvP oriented. This game is more suited for a social style of gameplay. Therefore the friends list should be prioritized instead of the Game Arena.

Calanor said that the Friends List will be focused on upon completion of the Skill Changes and Updates. What the hell, we only got one part of the Skill Updates in December and that was the last we got to hear from it. No, don't give me the "we are currently working on the Skill Balances behind the scenes" excuse. Even if that is the case, could you at least pitch in the slight effort to keep us updated with the progress on the Skill Balances so we know that you're not lazing about?

I am still in grade school still a few years from graduating however, even at my part time job playing with children after school we keep in mind the saying "The Customer is always right." It is the customers that keep businessess alive and give income to all its employees. However, we feel that the WarpPortal guys don't even give a rat's ass about the customers' opinions and proposals. It seems that the Team only abides to its own ideas. It also appears that whenever an issue or concern pops up, for example: Bug Abusing or Malfunctions, the Dev Team takes the easiest way out by either ignoring the issue, adding some Item Mall crap to compensate for it, or just removing the root of the problem and Nada, The End! Correct me if I'm wrong for I am still very young, but if you won't even bother meeting the customers' demands, why bother running a business/company?

Aside from that apparently the Friends List malfunctions were caused by some selfish hacker/exploiter who messed up game codes, if this is the case then why don't you just ban the damn player. I'm pretty sure that many tickets have been sent in regarding players who dupe items. It just so seems that the Support Team is not reliable.

Edited by NoodleKingg, 10 April 2012 - 11:38 PM.

#83 nikst3r

nikst3r

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts
  • LocationIn my bed
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:02 AM

...This game is more suited for a social style of gameplay. Therefore the friends list should be prioritized instead of the Game Arena...

Any mmorpg without a proper communication system wil FAIL, meaning it's not some feature we're supposed to look out for. It's a BASIC instrument to ensure a proper gameplay experience...

GRRR :p_laugh:

#84 KingsBane

KingsBane

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:07 AM

Over three months and still not done. I cant believe that the stuff they have done in over three months was more of a priority than this.

#85 Kermaperuna

Kermaperuna

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 1073 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:43 AM

Get rid of your friends, no need for that list. Problem solved.

#86 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:36 AM

Get rid of your friends, no need for that list. Problem solved.

can't get rid of meeee sorrry!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users