Buff Shadow Chasers' PvM Capabilities! - Page 3 - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Buff Shadow Chasers' PvM Capabilities!

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#51 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:57 AM

oh no >.<!!

#52 Randomititiy

Randomititiy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 714 posts
  • LocationMy warm comfy bed
  • Server:The new one(s)?

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:02 AM

a biiiig NO!!
sc's r way much irritating in woe!

I hate to ask but did you actually read?

#53 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:21 AM

Unlike rangers, SC's don't really need to one-shot though...they have one of the highest HP mods in the game :x

I personally would like to see shadow spell buffed. Shadow spell leveling is incredibly fun, even if it's not very effective.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 23 March 2012 - 08:23 AM.

#54 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:47 AM

I don't think Shadow Chaser needs any sort of general buff. Because they are currently awesome in pvp/woe.

The best way to address their PVM failures is with equipment I think.

Something like, say:

Mirror of Jealousy
A strange mirror possessing the spirit of a jealous artist who wanted to be better than the masters he copied.
Max SP + 80, Dex+2, Int+2, Atk+5%, Matk+5%.
When paired with Shadow Chaser's Mark, Increases the damage of any skill copied with [Reproduce] or [Intimidate] by 50%
Type: Accessory
Defense: 1
Weight: 10
Required Level: 125
Applicable Job: Shadow Chaser

Shadow Chaser's Mark
A special tattoo created with specialized paint on the body of a member of the shadow chaser's guild. It enables otherworldly energy to channel through the shadow chaser.
ATK +20, MATK+30. Reduces the SP cost of reproduced skills by 20%.
If paired with Byorgue Card, ATK +5%, Matk +5%.
Defense: 0

Shadowstitch Weave [1]
Billowing cloak worn by Shadow Chasers to help conceal their movements and make their surprise attacks more deadly.
ATK +5, MATK +5.
If refined +7 or higher, additional ATK +5, MATK +5.
If refined +9 or higher, additional ATK +10, MATK +10.
If refined +7 or higher, ranged attack +5% when equipped with a bow.
If refined +9 or higher, additional ranged attack +5% when equipped with a bow.
If refined +9 or higher, if worn with Shadow Chaser's Mark, increase damage of copied skills by an additional % equal to the refine rate of the garment times two.
Type: Garment
Defense: 25
Weight: 60
Required Level: 130

Wearing all 3 item, with the cloak at +12, you're looking +74% arrow storm damage and +10% ranged attack, +25% ATK with byorgue card, +40 ATK, etc., all this together makes you like 3/4 as good as a ranger at arrow storm-- but you're wearing some pretty pvm specific stuff, making it useless in woe/pvp as a ranger wearing white wing.

Now think of something to make Wanderer's not suck.... oh wait I woke up.

#55 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:19 AM

Now think of something to make Wanderer's not suck.... oh wait I woke up.

I've done that before too... xD

#56 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:38 AM

I love the number of people who don't read before commenting, or just use the "my class sucks or other classes suck so why discuss buffing anything"

therefore I propose that all talk of buffing performers ceases until Super Novices get a hp buff.

#57 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:40 AM

I love the number of people who don't read before commenting, or just use the "my class sucks or other classes suck so why discuss buffing anything"

therefore I propose that all talk of buffing performers ceases until Super Novices get a hp buff.

It will never happen until sleipnir gets a buff.

#58 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:43 AM

didn't super novices get an hp buff with their 2nd job and sleipnir get a buff with renew--- oh I see what you did there

#59 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:48 AM

Well, I'm glad to see the discussion is continuing. Also, Jaye, I was half wondering if the gears you listed were in an upcoming patch or something, lol! That would be really nice. I know GMs had said something about augmenting skills with better equipment, so I wouldn't be surprised if that would be the direction they'd like to go.

Also, please keep in mind that I'm talking about leveling with fairly normal gears. Heck, I have some pretty good gears, and leveling is still a pain. Godlies and MVP cards aren't really an option for probably 80-90% of the people who are trying to level, so it doesn't make sense to say, "Just use a couple megs and it's easy!" D:

#60 nixophilic88

nixophilic88

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:51 AM

It hasnt been enough time since SC got nerfed to start QQ'in. GX's were-_- for the longest time. We bit our tongue and waited. Your turn to wait :)

the game we play is ragnarok online and not REVENGE online

#61 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:56 AM

Also, Jaye, I was half wondering if the gears you listed were in an upcoming patch or something, lol! That would be really nice.

nah sorry i made them up on the spot haha

#62 Skotios

Skotios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:03 AM

I don't think Shadow Chaser needs any sort of general buff. Because they are currently awesome in pvp/woe.

The best way to address their PVM failures is with equipment I think.

Something like, say:

Mirror of Jealousy
A strange mirror possessing the spirit of a jealous artist who wanted to be better than the masters he copied.
Max SP + 80, Dex+2, Int+2, Atk+5%, Matk+5%.
When paired with Shadow Chaser's Mark, Increases the damage of any skill copied with [Reproduce] or [Intimidate] by 50%
Defense: 1

Shadow Chaser's Mark
A special tattoo created with specialized paint on the body of a member of the shadow chaser's guild. It enables otherworldly energy to channel through the shadow chaser.
ATK +20, MATK+30. Reduces the SP cost of reproduced skills by 20%.
If paired with Byorgue Card, ATK +5%, Matk +5%.
Defense: 0

Shadowstitch Weave [1]
Billowing cloak worn by Shadow Chasers to help conceal their movements and make their surprise attacks more deadly.
ATK +5, MATK +5.
If refined +7 or higher, additional ATK +5, MATK +5.
If refined +9 or higher, additional ATK +10, MATK +10.
If refined +7 or higher, ranged attack +5% when equipped with a bow.
If refined +9 or higher, additional ranged attack +5% when equipped with a bow.
If refined +9 or higher, if worn with Shadow Chaser's Mark, increase damage of copied skills by an additional % equal to the refine rate of the garment times two.
Type: Garment
Defense: 25
Weight: 60
Required Level: 130

Wearing all 3 item, with the cloak at +12, you're looking +74% arrow storm damage and +10% ranged attack, +25% ATK with byorgue card, +40 ATK, etc., all this together makes you like 3/4 as good as a ranger at arrow storm-- but you're wearing some pretty pvm specific stuff, making it useless in woe/pvp as a ranger wearing white wing.

I like this idea a lot. It's not ranger's naturally getting super powerful AS, it's the class specific gear they use. Giving SC gear that can put a weakly geared white wing ranger (lame enchants) and a well geared SC (high upgrades) on somewhat equal grounds is a fantastic idea. Obviously the damage output needs to be high for rangers by a small to moderate amount (moderate in the case that the SC's garment is slotted...that raydric card makes a biiiiig difference)

#63 Fred05

Fred05

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:06 AM

He hates SC xD

Can you at least give your reasons for disagreeing? I don't mind that you do. I think it's fine to have diverging opinions, and frankly I think it helps to liven the discussion and improve the quality of the solution.

#64 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:33 PM

Ramen, I think you need to change your thread title to "Buff Leveling Capabilities for Shadow Chasers."

#65 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

would be more accurate and less likely to draw trolls who think you think sc needs a woe buff too

#66 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

The most destructive classes in PvP/Woe are terrible at PvM, and the best class at PvM is terrible at PvP? You people-_- endlessly that the game is imbalanced and then-_- further to remove the only balance the game has. Idiots.

#67 Chisami

Chisami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCali
  • Server:Transcendence (currently)

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:17 PM

Sometimes I wish my ideas actually made it into the game more often xD I think people would really like the items I designed and not complain about them

I'd love those items!! /slur

Part of what I find fun about playing rogue/stalker/chaser is that they aren't over played and I always made a point of playing mine my own way. I was there on day one of the new Rogues guild when it was implemented and have been playing as a int rogue (chaser) ever since!

It doesn't bother me that I don't get as high a damage with a magic skill for example, because that's not what makes it fun (for me).

Note: when I say they are not overplayed, I am going to not mention the armies of freaking rogue bots.

Edited by Chisami, 23 March 2012 - 01:18 PM.

#68 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9326 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:29 PM

Unlike rangers, SC's don't really need to one-shot though...they have one of the highest HP mods in the game :x

I personally would like to see shadow spell buffed. Shadow spell leveling is incredibly fun, even if it's not very effective.

Isn't shadow spell more of a woe skill? Very useful for breaking emperiums. Makes it hard for them to come up and attack you. Shadow Spell + Elemental sword = :p_smile:

#69 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

The most destructive classes in PvP/Woe are terrible at PvM, and the best class at PvM is terrible at PvP? You people-_- endlessly that the game is imbalanced and then-_- further to remove the only balance the game has. Idiots.

Do we play the same game? cuz the game I play the most overpowered woe class (sura) levels just as fast as any other in pvm with windmill/tiger cannon spam, or can gfist mvps from bloody branches and be 150 in a week, and on iRO they can afk follow a ranger and an AB and be 150 in days.

Curious what game you're playing that has this pvm/mvp/woe balance you're talking about.

#70 Randomititiy

Randomititiy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

Aren't Sura's supposedly good at going after MVP's unlike Chasers?

#71 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:03 PM

They're good at everything unlike chasers.

#72 Randomititiy

Randomititiy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:13 PM

Meh I will stick with my messily chaser Sura's look to overly done :p_laugh:

Edit: oh yeah aren't Chasers like 5th on the list of highest HP classes?

Edited by Randomititiy, 23 March 2012 - 02:14 PM.

#73 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

Talk about missing the point.

it's not about making "X" class as easy to level as "y" other class. It's about reasonable efforts returning reasonable results. If you design a class without pvm party play skills then it should have a
way to effectively solo itself. The design of renewal mobs makes any class without a high dps AOE effectively unable to level past magmarings, example SCs. Some people are lucky and have friends that will party them no matter what and amazing gear but anyone new to class is going to hit a glass ceiling.

#74 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Valk

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:01 PM

lol they are one the most useful classes in WoE not to mention have the best survivability next to RG's...

I'd rather have A SC's WoE skills then a Ranger who isn't really that useful in terms of end-game viability...

If you have trouble leveling just buy medals or something...they aren't THAT expensive

Edited by TheKraven, 23 March 2012 - 03:02 PM.

#75 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:09 PM

Sura player detected?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users