Buff Shadow Chasers' PvM Capabilities! - Page 5 - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Buff Shadow Chasers' PvM Capabilities!

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#101 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:02 AM

Hmmm~ IDK I do not WoE or Pvp with my chaser really and....
She is my second fave class to play :) ( AB being first )
her attack speed is fun, and i can copy AS. I am welcomed in ti parties, can solo or group just fine. in some places for ti's i still one shot the mobs even not being as powerful as Rangers. Shes also got cute sprite ^_^
IDK IMHO ~ I <3 my Chaser very much !!! Not sure why ppl say hard/long to lvl. I found her retardedly easy. ive had her as rogue since 2002. when rogues were really just farmers lol. Then when renewal happened and i returned i said: HMMMM I'll bring back Mew , I did always love her. She was easy once i got the Orc Archer Bow :D No complaints on the enjoyment or difficulty. Maybes its becuz i come from Beta / Old days and beyond....

Where I see ppl say I Can't , I say Watch Me !!

hmmm u know maybe that's the problem i'm not hunting with her anymore i'm trying to lvl her instead. i should go back to hunting stuff and just let her lvl....

#102 MotherOneDog

MotherOneDog

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2093 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

Just my two cents.

SCs are amazing in PvP, weak at PvM. Already established. Problem is, how do you get to the level whereby SCs actually become PvP monsters?

Pretty sure you can't expect to rape PvP at low 100s. Weak at PvM = WheredafuqIgotogetmesomelevelssoIcanbeusefulinPvP.com

It's sad when people with 150/50 SCs already don't see the need for a buff for the class. New players that want to play SCs are having a really hard time.

I understand that yeah, you could just spam TIs but what about players that don't have access to Reset Stones or have the money to get G.Wings so they can start their own party because nobody wants them in theirs? Another amazing problem to top things off for SCs, what happens when you're right smack in the middle of nowhere for TIs? Wait a whole week? I have personally grinded my Geneticist at Nogg Road from 120-125 to get to the next TI tier, but that was with a BMx3 in a 2x EXP event with 1.5x VIP bonus. Wasn't fun.

Main concern is you can't be a PvP god if you can't get the levels and the only way for SCs to get to that stage is to have a good amount of Job Levels which they are unable to obtain without TIs because they can't solo anything besides Nogg. I'm not even gonna start on SP/Pots problems. There's no point in making RO more party-oriented when the only parties that are around are TI parties. We're just getting too dependent on it. I still try to grind as much as possible so I don't lose the entire meaning of the game.

Good luck to new SCs and Performers. Hopefully something good happens for you guys.

Edited by MotherOneDog, 24 March 2012 - 09:28 AM.

#103 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:09 AM

I don't see any chaser levelling experience there.
All your high level chars are relatively easy to level. Or Were easy to level.
You don't get far levelling when your AoE kills your SP bar in 5 casts and only does like 12k damage.

A royal guard post balance is pretty hard to level effectively... overbrand is not reliable, nobody has banding, and you need to spend hours trying to get a glorious weapon. It's much better just doing the TIs, which SCs can do as well. I don't have VIP, I don't use resets and BMs, and I grind a lot to get where I am. I also don't blow up empty castles in Ymir to get my god items as I play on valk.

If any character's aoe can do decent damage, and your purpose is soloing, anyone can "theoretically" spam pots and blue pots to "solo".

#104 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

A royal guard post balance is pretty hard to level effectively... overbrand is not reliable, nobody has banding, and you need to spend hours trying to get a glorious weapon. It's much better just doing the TIs, which SCs can do as well. I don't have VIP, I don't use resets and BMs, and I grind a lot to get where I am. I also don't blow up empty castles in Ymir to get my god items as I play on valk.

If any character's aoe can do decent damage, and your purpose is soloing, anyone can "theoretically" spam pots and blue pots to "solo".

That's funny, my RG levels just fine.

#105 MotherOneDog

MotherOneDog

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2093 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

^ Agreed.

#106 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:22 PM

You can solo fine, but I find partying with a ranger and a healer is much much faster and efficient. I don't want to whack away at monsters doing 20-25k damage if I'm lucky and suffer mad position lag all the time. I believe one of the focuses of the balance patch is to encourage more partying in general. That being said, being back on topic, there are a ton of methods SCs can make themselves useful when partying with a healer and with other classes as well.

Bio 3 might be an extreme case but I wouldln't organize a party without having a shadow chaser in party for using their disabiling abilities there.

Edited by kasshin, 24 March 2012 - 02:24 PM.

#107 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

Why are you so against a class getting a levelling ability? If you feel so hard done by, go discuss it for RGs.

I got told "no, peco pullers only" for TIs when levelling my chaser. Result: I went solo and mobbed them to death. <3

If you don't like it, fine. Maybe a shadow chaser bit you when you were a child, I don't know. But you're in a topic discussing the ways to make gaming experience better for a group of players and what you are doing and saying is not constructive. It's on the verge of trolling.

Edited by Xellie, 24 March 2012 - 02:31 PM.

#108 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:34 PM

I am just saying I believe it is fair for a class to be weaker at PVM if they are so useful at WOE. I've partied with a very good SC mobber and I would take the SC over most peco pullers I know because they usually just sit back and use their weak AOEs. This topic was originally started in community chat and I normally wouldn't even be looking in the thief class forums, and I just feel the need to defend my point of view. I'm perfectly fine with the rate I am leveling my RG and I know it's not going to be as easy as my RK. I've already made constructive comments earlier regarding how shadow chasers can be useful in turn in parties, but it seems people do not like want to party and just want to solo level their SCs.

Regarding the SP problem, with the right amount of SP leech equipment, I do not think the double SP cost is really an issue. An Incubus pet procs double the amount of time than a rideword hat, but I have seen the eggs sell for 25M, and +9 rideword hats sell for 250M. Ignition break did get significantly buffed, so if SCs really do insist on soloing, they could perhaps try that route and equip themselves with a lot of SP leech equipment.

Edited by kasshin, 24 March 2012 - 02:36 PM.

#109 eastCrew212

eastCrew212

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:38 PM

This thread will be a fail because just like the feedback thread about skill damage and effect we still didnt get any comments from kRO. I dont want to sound rude but yeah the thread about the balance was created last year and it is now roughly 4-5 months, nothing has happen or change in the game.

Edited by eastCrew212, 24 March 2012 - 02:38 PM.

#110 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:40 PM

I am just saying I believe it is fair for a class to be weaker at PVM if they are so useful at WOE. I've partied with a very good SC mobber and I would take the SC over most peco pullers I know because they usually just sit back and use their weak AOEs. This topic was originally started in community chat and I normally wouldn't even be looking in the thief class forums, and I just feel the need to defend my point of view. I'm perfectly fine with the rate I am leveling my RG and I know it's not going to be as easy as my RK. I've already made constructive comments earlier regarding how shadow chasers can be useful in turn in parties, but it seems people do not like want to party and just want to solo level their SCs.

Regarding the SP problem, with the right amount of SP leech equipment, I do not think the double SP cost is really an issue. An Incubus pet procs double the amount of time than a rideword hat, but I have seen the eggs sell for 25M, and +9 rideword hats sell for 250M. Ignition break did get significantly buffed, so if SCs really do insist on soloing, they could perhaps try that route and equip themselves with a lot of SP leech equipment.

You know some of us play in other timezones and it's impossible to get a party, right?

Soloing needs to be an option too.

#111 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:58 PM

Well, it looks like our backgrounds really are too different. I play on valk and have friends I can party with from many different timezones but I guess it is not the case for you. It's pretty pointless to continue discussing this and it really is going off topic.

#112 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:02 PM

I party friends too, if I stay up late.
But yeah. both options should be feasible, with party play being more rewarding, but right now, it's next to impossible to solo.

#113 Randomititiy

Randomititiy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 714 posts
  • LocationMy warm comfy bed
  • Server:The new one(s)?

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:39 PM

Xellie you might as well give up their skulls are to thick to get through to them they want to think something is the best class because they can't get passed small things that they think is right

#114 WateryGrave

WateryGrave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationEast U.S

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:03 PM

if they added a quest skill for shadow chasers could be called Weapons Master and allow use of any weapon. Would solve many problems

#115 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

Maybe a shadow chaser bit you when you were a child, I don't know.

I think this is a fair comment since I was nearly coked to death by a dog when I was a toddler and bitten several times during my childhood and now I don't like dogs :(

#116 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:01 PM

......Coked to death?

#117 MotherOneDog

MotherOneDog

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2093 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:48 PM

Lol. Never coke the hand that feeds you.

#118 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

yes clearly I was coked and couldn't possibly have made a typo. indeed.

#119 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

Well that would explain a lot.

#120 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:15 AM

we have coke parties on the weekends. they're real animals.

#121 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:18 PM

Just my two cents.

SCs are amazing in PvP, weak at PvM. Already established. Problem is, how do you get to the level whereby SCs actually become PvP monsters?

Pretty sure you can't expect to rape PvP at low 100s. Weak at PvM = WheredafuqIgotogetmesomelevelssoIcanbeusefulinPvP.com

It's sad when people with 150/50 SCs already don't see the need for a buff for the class. New players that want to play SCs are having a really hard time.

I understand that yeah, you could just spam TIs but what about players that don't have access to Reset Stones or have the money to get G.Wings so they can start their own party because nobody wants them in theirs? Another amazing problem to top things off for SCs, what happens when you're right smack in the middle of nowhere for TIs? Wait a whole week? I have personally grinded my Geneticist at Nogg Road from 120-125 to get to the next TI tier, but that was with a BMx3 in a 2x EXP event with 1.5x VIP bonus. Wasn't fun.

Main concern is you can't be a PvP god if you can't get the levels and the only way for SCs to get to that stage is to have a good amount of Job Levels which they are unable to obtain without TIs because they can't solo anything besides Nogg. I'm not even gonna start on SP/Pots problems. There's no point in making RO more party-oriented when the only parties that are around are TI parties. We're just getting too dependent on it. I still try to grind as much as possible so I don't lose the entire meaning of the game.

Good luck to new SCs and Performers. Hopefully something good happens for you guys.

I am now 110 SC ( been back since Feb ) . I rarely use a reset stone to spam ti's. Occasionally, a guildie or party member needs me to stay and supply me with one. When my ti for that day is done, i often look for fun or money related places to bring guildies or friends. We may also grind a bit somewhere, esp if one of my friends or guildies is in between TI's to help them :) I do not use Gwings myself because I am an old fashioned player. Mostly I've learned, WHATS THE RUSH? =) I'm usually doing something fun or helping someone out and thing roll on from there. I enjoy myself alot more when I dont worry about power leveling myself to be " god-like "
And I agree, People in general HAVE gotten to dependent on TI's lol. its not the ONLY thing out there guys ^_^ go have fun ! Dont look at the exp bar xD ... I promise it goes by faster when your too busy having fun haha.
Im sorry that ppl think 'there's no point in making ro more party-oriented when the only parties that are around are TI parties ". I welcome you to come play with me ;3 My guild and I always try to offer advice, support, fun, and what not xD~ I try to set an example for what lvling could be like !
Theres more to life than TI !!!

Love,
Sugar

P.S. I also offer help to any aspiring SC's :P They really can be quite fun ! ( but get used to hounding your scholar for sp xDD )

#122 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

@Bestie

If you don't intend to play your chaser competitively then it's fine to bum-around and take your time.
But for those who want to play it as a competitive main and grind that -_- to 150...well that option doesn't exist.
They have no tools. And grinding out a 130+ character with no AOE is worse than anything pre-renewal, I promise you.
Pre-renewal you could at least buy leeches or do bios, but bios is now too much rape vs reward.

#123 MotherOneDog

MotherOneDog

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2093 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:56 AM

Well, as mentioned in my earlier post, you're currently at the stage where Nogg Road still gives you tons of EXP. I'm just curious to know where you'd be leveling once Nogg gives you really low EXP. Nogg is one of the best EXP/Time training places in the game (at the right levels). Also, where would you go once you realize Nogg is the only place you can one-hit stuff? Understand that I'm not saying this game is ALL about whether you can one-hit stuff or not. I'm mainly concerned about how you expect new players to have the capital to spam pots to survive their two-hit KOs on giantass mobs. I nearly died of poverty when I first started out cuz buying pots were raping me inside out. To worsen the problem, carrying White Pots is crazy inefficient cuz of their weight (keep in mind Chasers don't exactly pump STR) so you'd hafta stock up every few minutes (unless you've got Heavylifters) especially if you can't one-hit KO stuff. I understand you enjoy going with a party, but it's commonplace that after splitting the EXP, you'd be getting such bad EXP that it doesn't even make sense.

I agree with you on the part about helping friends to get to the next tier for TIs, but the problem is, because of the really low EXP, you might not be able to get to the appropriate range in time before it comes. And when it finally does come, and you're still not in range, it's kinda demanding to keep asking your guildies to take time off doing their own TIs and business so they can help you get really low EXP/Time. It's times like these you need to be able to do your own leveling. Not only to save your friends the trouble, but also to quicken the process of gaining levels. I hate it when I only make it into the right range for an awesome TI somewhere in the middle of the week. Who knows when you'll get another sick TI (like Juperos <3) instead of a wtf one like Thors Volcano?

It's good that you've got friends and guildies that welcome you as an SC into their parties.

Sometimes, people use Resets/G.Wings to farm Eden Badges. That's what I do, especially when I'm making a break for a KvM gear. Also, G.Wings are not completely just for doing a TI fast. It serves other purposes such as regrouping your party and making sure you can escape a giant mob/MVP as a group. It gets really messy sometimes.

Edited by MotherOneDog, 28 March 2012 - 12:00 PM.

#124 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:06 PM

Well, as mentioned in my earlier post, you're currently at the stage where Nogg Road still gives you tons of EXP. I'm just curious to know where you'd be leveling once Nogg gives you really low EXP. Nogg is one of the best EXP/Time training places in the game (at the right levels). Also, where would you go once you realize Nogg is the only place you can one-hit stuff? Understand that I'm not saying this game is ALL about whether you can one-hit stuff or not. I'm mainly concerned about how you expect new players to have the capital to spam pots to survive their two-hit KOs on giantass mobs. I nearly died of poverty when I first started out cuz buying pots were raping me inside out. To worsen the problem, carrying White Pots is crazy inefficient cuz of their weight (keep in mind Chasers don't exactly pump STR) so you'd hafta stock up every few minutes (unless you've got Heavylifters) especially if you can't one-hit KO stuff. I understand you enjoy going with a party, but it's commonplace that after splitting the EXP, you'd be getting such bad EXP that it doesn't even make sense.

I agree with you on the part about helping friends to get to the next tier for TIs, but the problem is, because of the really low EXP, you might not be able to get to the appropriate range in time before it comes. And when it finally does come, and you're still not in range, it's kinda demanding to keep asking your guildies to take time off doing their own TIs and business so they can help you get really low EXP/Time. It's times like these you need to be able to do your own leveling. Not only to save your friends the trouble, but also to quicken the process of gaining levels. I hate it when I only make it into the right range for an awesome TI somewhere in the middle of the week. Who knows when you'll get another sick TI (like Juperos <3) instead of a wtf one like Thors Volcano?

It's good that you've got friends and guildies that welcome you as an SC into their parties.

Sometimes, people use Resets/G.Wings to farm Eden Badges. That's what I do, especially when I'm making a break for a KvM gear. Also, G.Wings are not completely just for doing a TI fast. It serves other purposes such as regrouping your party and making sure you can escape a giant mob/MVP as a group. It gets really messy sometimes.

i dont seem to have any of those frustrations at all. guildies and friends dont take time out for ME to catch up xD i slow down for them. when exp slows down...well it should slow down :D should be a challenge to reach max, imo. ;p
Also, its never easy for any new players. i know i used to eat thru steel arrows like a fat kid eats donut holes.. untill i made a genetic :)
Do I agree with the suggestion they get a bit more PvM friendly things? yes...for starters making arrow storm and such just as powerful as rangers :)

#125 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

@Bestie

If you don't intend to play your chaser competitively then it's fine to bum-around and take your time.
But for those who want to play it as a competitive main and grind that -_- to 150...well that option doesn't exist.
They have no tools. And grinding out a 130+ character with no AOE is worse than anything pre-renewal, I promise you.
Pre-renewal you could at least buy leeches or do bios, but bios is now too much rape vs reward.

but chaser can have aoe??? < confused >
also maybe its cuz i played since beta that i find lvling in renewal to be fast and fun xD~ I remember the old days of hardship !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users