Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:04 PM

So, I've been thinking lately that Niffleheim really doesn't get enough attention and seems to be forgotten lately. I have to say though that it is my favorite city in all of Ragnarok, and I'd really love for it to get more attention. With that in mind, I have an idea for this year's Halloween!

HALLOWEEN SPOTLIGHT NIFFLEHEIM!!!

So, to start things off, of course we'd have a spotlight on the town of Niffleheim, LAND OF THE DEAD!! MWAHAHAHAHAAH!!!! *thunder and lightning in the background*

During the event, all of the upgrade NPCs go missing from the world of Rune Midgard!?!?! It seems that some disgruntled person has taken revenge on the poor upgraders for the years of broken and downgraded equipments and sent them to the LAND OF THE DEAD!!! *thunder and lightning in the background* From there begins the hunt for clues to solve the mystery of disappearing Upgrade NPCs. Talking to specific NPCs in the various towns, you begin to figure out what happened and where the upgraders have gone. Figuring it all out, you take your journey to Niffleheim, LAND OF THE DEAD!!!!! *thunder and lightning in the background*

Arriving, you find the witch who rules Niffleheim and ask her to aid you in locating the missing upgraders. The witch joins you, but once you find the upgraders, it seems it's too late. They can no longer return to the land of the living. Desperate to find a solution, the Witch informs you that it may be possible to revive them since they are actually only "mostly dead". It seems that there are special herbs that can be gathered from the roots of the Yggdrasil Tree that will return the upgraders to the mortal world. Upon entering the roots of the Yggdrasil Tree however, you discover that monsters from the land of the dead have invaded in an effort to stop you (as in, weak imitations of the real monsters that only have like....10-20 hp take dmg like plants and deal about the same amount of dmg as a poring). Having retrieved the special herbs, you quickly return to the Witch, who sends you and the upgraders back to Rune-Midgard! Before leaving however, the witch gives you a special item which will allow you to return to Niffleheim quickly, in case something else happens.

Item:

Grim Ring

Posted Image

A ring received from the Witch of Niffleheim. When wearing this ring, you feel like you could die at any moment.

Enables use of the skill [Return to Niffleheim] Lv. 1
Using this skill will drain the player's HP to 1 (as though they had died) (Intended for players to end up in the same location that the Umbala Bungee tower sends you)

During Halloween 2012, wearing this ring will increase the exp you receive from Demon and Undead monsters by 5%. When worn with the Witch's Pumpkin Hat, increases exp gained from Demon and Undead monsters to 10% and each Demon and Undead monster killed has a low chance to drop:

Wanderer Pet Tame
Loli Ruri Pet Tame
Dullahan Pet Tame

Accessory
Weight: 10
Account Bound
Required Level: 0

#2 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:58 PM

+1

#3 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:27 AM

It'd be nice to get some input from some of the Fungineers or GM to see if something like the would even be possible. D:

#4 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9335 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

Maybe not drop those taming items though. Quest for it could give 1 of them randomly. But ring dropping it would be too abused by bots. Seems like a great idea though. I always hate walking to niffleheim. And bunjee isn't always reliable.

#5 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

Maybe not drop those taming items though. Quest for it could give 1 of them randomly. But ring dropping it would be too abused by bots. Seems like a great idea though. I always hate walking to niffleheim. And bunjee isn't always reliable.

Yeah, I see what you're saying about the bot problem. I'm definitely open to suggestions. :3

#6 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9335 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

Wow. I just realized. Halloween is far away. Lol

#7 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

Like the sound of it so far

#8 shadowraa

shadowraa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:01 AM

i like the thought of the experiance gained from demon and undead monsters , but the HP being reduced to 1 kind of scares me a bit

#9 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:12 AM

i like the thought of the experiance gained from demon and undead monsters , but the HP being reduced to 1 kind of scares me a bit

This isn't really too big a deal. The location that you'd be sent to inside a building in Niffleheim city. If you've ever used the bujee jump tower in Umbala to get to Niffleheim, then you'll know where I'm talking about. Really, it's meant to be a convenient and quicker way to get to Niffleheim that what we currently have.

#10 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:15 PM

Like the sound of it so far

Awesome. I'm just curious. What else is there that I can do to work on this? Do I need to be a fungineer? I'd be really happy to go about working on locations for the quests and try to come up with some rough ideas of how it might work if it's okay for me to do that.

#11 shadowraa

shadowraa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

Awesome. I'm just curious. What else is there that I can do to work on this? Do I need to be a fungineer? I'd be really happy to go about working on locations for the quests and try to come up with some rough ideas of how it might work if it's okay for me to do that.

Maybe talk to the witch from the Piano keys quest, and she'll give you a quest where you need to slay a few pumpkins (you'll be warped there of course) to a waiting room and you fight waves of evil pumpkins. Her excuse is that you need to travel inside a dimension so that you can collect essence of holloween so that you can find a counteragent to the demons and undead. Idk something lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users