Broken Quest Alarms, and issues with dialogue! - Page 2 - Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Broken Quest Alarms, and issues with dialogue!

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#26 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

ah what the heck, i just did it and i still got the same thing!

http://imgur.com/a/MWsKK#0

Edited by Zurn, 01 May 2012 - 05:47 PM.

#27 Coolerman

Coolerman

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:36 AM

hi, little question. why i cant join any union? been trying to do the task to join 1 but it doesent show it in my quest log.

#28 IchigoXitachi

IchigoXitachi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationSunny England
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:48 AM

hi, little question. why i cant join any union? been trying to do the task to join 1 but it doesent show it in my quest log.

Unions have been removed from the Game, now you simply Join a Game ( Alt + G ) arena match of "crystal defenders" and play that. You can still do the usual Union Quests which now give you what is called "valor points". If you choose to do Crystal defenders and actually get points from winning you will receive Honor Points.

Near the Junon Order NPC's are the 3 Valor point shops for valor items, Near the Clan Owner NPC Burtland are the NPC's for spending your hard earned Honor Points :)

For more info on the game arena go here: http://rosena-wiki.org/wiki/Game_Arena

Hope this helps :)

#29 Guest_Qilin_*

Guest_Qilin_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:46 PM

Recent Updates: Removed quest alarms for stockpiling quests in Zant that are no longer available as well as an old quest Mairard used to offer players at level 3. Haven't discovered any more.

Also fixed a couple of bugged spots that were getting players stuck in the hero quest. All of these fixes should go in tomorrow.

#30 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:52 PM

yay! i was gunna quote myself about that fancy pants guy in adventurer plains soon!

#31 Bicz

Bicz

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:08 PM

I Need Water ,and I Need Repairs- quests of Orlo not work, mobs and cactuses are buged.Dual Scratch not work too on it while they buged.

#32 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:33 PM

Qilin, you gotz errorz!

Jelly Beans, not JellyBeans~
This is the second thing that Bert talks to you about when you first encounter him for the Guide quests.
[Path Guard] Bert "You must be Player. I heard you helped defeat some jellybeans. Do you think you could help me out too?"

#33 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:58 AM

not sure if its a bug or not, but heres some quests without the ! beside them to indicate that they are there for you and that they are quests.
  • Dunes quest to kill bees.
  • Keenu's lost thread.
  • Keenus fetch quest.
  • Speros stolen formula quest.
  • finishing this quest speros ? is gray.

Edited by Zurn, 10 June 2012 - 07:32 AM.

#34 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

Lisa still has a ! im assuming for the Like event.

#35 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:16 PM

[Guide] Eva in Junon talks about these things called "Unions" and tells you how to join one, but for some reason I just can't actually join any!

#36 Guest_Qilin_*

Guest_Qilin_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:47 PM

Jelly Beans VS jellybeans is a tricky one - the monsters are called Jelly Beans properly - but they are in fact, jellybeans (the candy). I'm also contemplating the capitalization of monster names in general. That's the general ROSE wildlife right?

We would never say, "I need you to kill that Racoon and buy me some cheetoes," so why would our NPCs be any different with references of "Choropy" and "Rackie" and etc...

If I had it perfect, I think I would have all NPCs and initial quest log text have the lower case monster names, but then the "Quest Summary" would have the proper, EXACT monster name. I kind of feel the same about NPC titles. For example: "Hey <NAME>, I need you to talk to that guard over there and tell him I'm going to punch him in the feet if he doesn't give me back my ham sandwich." Then the Quest Log would read: " Clarence is unhappy that Frederick has stolen his ham sandwich! You need to get it back before things get violent!" Then the Quest Summary (you know, that text that shows up in the system message section and can also be found at the very bottom of the quest log) would read, "Speak to [Sandwich Stealing Guard] Frederick to recover the missing Ham Sandwich of Eternal Bliss and return to [Corpulent Child] Clarence in Magic City of Eucar."

This sounds like a long unnecessary project I will undertake some day ;)

As for the <!> to indicate they are for a quest - for now I've only got them on the progression quests and newer event quests. I will eventually add them in to the others.

Good lookin out on that Lisa event - didn't mean to leave that out there >_<

Finally... I think I will rework that Eva dialogue. You can't join unions, but at least you can do Valor Quests at some of those fellows eh?

#37 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:03 PM

Indeed, they only let me quest, I was thinking maybe after I completed each one they would let me join as some sort of 'ritual' but nooooooo! They must have declined me for being so slow at it :(

As for your Jellybean/Jelly Bean thingy it was just something I took note of~

#38 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:00 PM

Jelly Beans VS jellybeans is a tricky one - the monsters are called Jelly Beans properly - but they are in fact, jellybeans (the candy). I'm also contemplating the capitalization of monster names in general. That's the general ROSE wildlife right?

We would never say, "I need you to kill that Racoon and buy me some cheetoes," so why would our NPCs be any different with references of "Choropy" and "Rackie" and etc...

If I had it perfect, I think I would have all NPCs and initial quest log text have the lower case monster names, but then the "Quest Summary" would have the proper, EXACT monster name. I kind of feel the same about NPC titles. For example: "Hey <NAME>, I need you to talk to that guard over there and tell him I'm going to punch him in the feet if he doesn't give me back my ham sandwich." Then the Quest Log would read: " Clarence is unhappy that Frederick has stolen his ham sandwich! You need to get it back before things get violent!" Then the Quest Summary (you know, that text that shows up in the system message section and can also be found at the very bottom of the quest log) would read, "Speak to [Sandwich Stealing Guard] Frederick to recover the missing Ham Sandwich of Eternal Bliss and return to [Corpulent Child] Clarence in Magic City of Eucar."

This sounds like a long unnecessary project I will undertake some day ;)

As for the <!> to indicate they are for a quest - for now I've only got them on the progression quests and newer event quests. I will eventually add them in to the others.

Good lookin out on that Lisa event - didn't mean to leave that out there >_<

Finally... I think I will rework that Eva dialogue. You can't join unions, but at least you can do Valor Quests at some of those fellows eh?

Honestly I prefer when the dialogue with the NPC tells you everything you need to know about what you'll have to do, rather than having to read the quest log (which is not something very "natural" to do) everytime you finish reading the dialogue...
I find it annoying when a NPC tells me I have to get such item but then I have to look at the quest log to actually know which mob to kill and how many items to get.
(And I've always found a bit stupid that, at the beginning of the quest, Mildun tells you to speak to some people without saying who exactly, and you have to look at your quest log to see you have to speak to Mairard - BTW I think it's time you add something explaining he's in Adv Plains cause every noob has been asking where he is for years)

Edited by Niluje, 18 June 2012 - 11:07 AM.

#39 UziDude

UziDude

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Co. USA

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:27 AM

I already reported this in the "bug" forum, but I'll repeat it here since this thread is dedicated to it. I started the CG quest and got to the point where it tells you to go find the guide with the eyepatch. I was told by a few people that had previously completed it to go see Shannon in Tower Of Luxem. I go see him, he has the ? mark over him, I talk to him, but he wont give me the next part of the quest.....

#40 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:50 AM

I already reported this in the "bug" forum, but I'll repeat it here since this thread is dedicated to it. I started the CG quest and got to the point where it tells you to go find the guide with the eyepatch. I was told by a few people that had previously completed it to go see Shannon in Tower Of Luxem. I go see him, he has the ? mark over him, I talk to him, but he wont give me the next part of the quest.....

http://forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/533-castle-gear-quest-by-ozzyx/ its not shannon that does the quest though

#41 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

In the Hero Quest:

The last time you talk to Loderic, the quest log says you have to kill Bebegs to get the Oracle and then return to Loderic, but once you get the Oracle, the quest log tells you to go directly on the top of Mount Eruca.
So the quest log that should be modified it the quest log for "The Oracle of Ice" (delete the last sentence in the text)

BTW you spell it "Mt. Eruca" in the quest but the map itself is called "Mount Eruca"

#42 Jellp

Jellp

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

I think I've reported it about 2 years ago. I guess it got broken again, wiki:

Necessity of a New Shring (2)
  • Starting NPC: Gorthein [ Junon Order Elder ]
  • Level Requirement: ?
  • Reward: 24 valor points and 26899 experience points and HP Point +500(1)

Help the effort to construct a new shrine for the Junon Order by hunting Grunter Warriors and gathering 18 Iron Fragments.

Walkthrough
  • I heard that you were looking for members. Do you have an urgent request?
  • No problem~
  • Kill only "Grunter Warrior" or you will not get proof.
  • Return to NPC to turn in the proof.

When doing this dialogue, the quest will not start. Halp?

#43 Jellp

Jellp

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

[Soldier] Odelo, He can give me the Blue Clown Beatdown quest. but does not have a ! above him.

#44 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:31 AM

On the continuation of the Hero quest on Luna, there is a part where you are sent to Ishtal. You are supposed to inform him of Est performing experiments on devil pest mobs. Ishtals response has him calling Est, Ishtal. Quite funny actually :P

#45 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

Pavrick's Dream (1)
Once you collect the 5 Barrels he tells you to go see Pabel, but it never updates to that part. (if it is even supposed to?)

#46 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

Hero quest : NPC; Smith Punwell. The dialogue goes; We used to be friends a long time ago, to practice his swordplay. In fact, back then, the Zeppastone was still with us, and when the Prince was old enough, I was able to carve from the Zeppastone a jewelpiece to place on the hilt of the Prince's dagger. The Zepppstone would not let be touched again, only for the Prince of Akram. That is how the Golden Dagger tale started, but it makes no sense how the Zeppastone could have gone missing!

1: What's the tale of the Golden Dagger?

That should be Zeppastone, and I believe there is a word missing in the following portion of that phrase. Shouldn't it maybe be, The Zeppastone would not let itself be touched again?

Edited by pdfisher, 09 December 2012 - 07:01 PM.

#47 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:08 AM

I Need Water ,and I Need Repairs- quests of Orlo not work, mobs and cactuses are buged.Dual Scratch not work too on it while they buged.

I have completed those quests many times. Sometimes, you just have to find the right spot, to get your proof. On the repairs one, the piece is almost always around the door of the wreck or to your left of it. Just keep trying, you will get it. On the water one, there are 3 cacti in each map, with 3 maps. Therefore you need to check them all to get your water. GL :)

#48 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:15 AM

[Akram Prince] Loderic
I'm not crazy (name of char)! Your old friend Melendino was totally gonna kill me! I hid it in the layer of the Bebeg. I trusted them to watch it better than myself. If you wanna get it, you many have to slay a few of their fighters to locate it.

1, I'll be back with the Oracle.
The word I highlighted is incorrect, it should be lair, not layer. As for the gonna and wanna, I'm not even going to discuss that, I assume those are done on purpose.

The Oracle of Ice

We are told to obtain the Oracle from the Bebeg Fighters, then go see Prince Loderic again, however, when we get the Oracle, we are immediately instructed to go to the highest point, in Mt Eruca with it.

#49 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

Ok, on the Hero quest, it is the The Holy Scissors and the Thread of Destiny (1)
Francis needs you to gather 20 Blessed Ores from Honey Rackies and 5 Crown Gems from Queen Honeybees in order to create items you'll need to meet goddess Arua. Both monsters inhabit the El Verloon Desert. Honey Rackies can be found in the northern region, Queen Honeybees can be found in the western region.

The two highlighted words should be switched, Honey Rackies are in the western region, and Queen Honeybees are in the north.

#50 Clockwyrk

Clockwyrk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:21 PM

This thread is a fantastic reference.  Thank you, Zurn :3  - I'll keep my eyes peeled for any discrepancies ( though my newness to the game may hinder that effort slightly >.> )

Is http://forums.warppo...-the-goddess-1/ relevant to this if it doesn't concern a bugged NPC marker, specifically?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users