Broken Quest Alarms, and issues with dialogue! - Page 3 - Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Broken Quest Alarms, and issues with dialogue!

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#51 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:40 AM

Running through the quests to see whats up and how far I can make it still.

So far

Quest indicators

Current one - 27MU25Q.png

Correct one - XC8N8w0.png

• Dreadful Epidemic
    • [Old Man] Myad
  • Healing Hands
    • [Cleric] Karitte
    • [Smith] Ronk
      • A lot of the npcs on this section of the quest are in need of attention.
  • The Man in the Red Robe
    • [Cleric] Karitte
      • She also says Adventurer's fields, should this be Adventurer's Plains instead?
  • The Enigmatic Ikaness
    • [Akram Minister] Mairard
    • [Ferrell Guild Staff] Peron
    • [Junon Order Elder] Gorthein
    • [Ferrell Guild Staff] Itz

Edited by Zurn, 13 October 2013 - 10:11 AM.

#52 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

NPC: Adalric

Map: Junon

Some of the listed medallions got the wrong names (example: "Desert Scavenger Pack Leader Medallion" but the medal is called: Desert Scavenger King Medallion");

#53 GixxerSLO

GixxerSLO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:51 AM

NPC : Odelo

Map : Junon ,gate

As I go completing thru main quest I talked with Punwell (Breezy Hills) ,as I got the stone for "saving" villiage, then I had to go to talk with Odelo for further quests, and there is only related topic with blue hats, and monsters for new event - Haloween quest. No topic to be about main quest. Now we are stuck till it gets fixed, so thank you for your patience and for fixing it.

#54 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:16 AM

Thanks for the reports:

Ok, on the Hero quest, it is the The Holy Scissors and the Thread of Destiny (1)
Francis needs you to gather 20 Blessed Ores from Honey Rackies and 5 Crown Gems from Queen Honeybees in order to create items you'll need to meet goddess Arua. Both monsters inhabit the El Verloon Desert. Honey Rackies can be found in the northern region, Queen Honeybees can be found in the western region.

The two highlighted words should be switched, Honey Rackies are in the western region, and Queen Honeybees are in the north.

Hero quest : NPC; Smith Punwell. The dialogue goes; We used to be friends a long time ago, to practice his swordplay. In fact, back then, the Zeppastone was still with us, and when the Prince was old enough, I was able to carve from the Zeppastone a jewelpiece to place on the hilt of the Prince's dagger. The Zepppstone would not let be touched again, only for the Prince of Akram. That is how the Golden Dagger tale started, but it makes no sense how the Zeppastone could have gone missing!

1: What's the tale of the Golden Dagger?

That should be Zeppastone, and I believe there is a word missing in the following portion of that phrase. Shouldn't it maybe be, The Zeppastone would not let itself be touched again?

[Akram Prince] Loderic
I'm not crazy (name of char)! Your old friend Melendino was totally gonna kill me! I hid it in the layer of the Bebeg. I trusted them to watch it better than myself. If you wanna get it, you many have to slay a few of their fighters to locate it.

1, I'll be back with the Oracle.
The word I highlighted is incorrect, it should be lair, not layer. As for the gonna and wanna, I'm not even going to discuss that, I assume those are done on purpose.

On the continuation of the Hero quest on Luna, there is a part where you are sent to Ishtal. You are supposed to inform him of Est performing experiments on devil pest mobs. Ishtals response has him calling Est, Ishtal. Quite funny actually :P

Dialogue has been corrected for next patch.

In the Hero Quest:

The last time you talk to Loderic, the quest log says you have to kill Bebegs to get the Oracle and then return to Loderic, but once you get the Oracle, the quest log tells you to go directly on the top of Mount Eruca.
So the quest log that should be modified it the quest log for "The Oracle of Ice" (delete the last sentence in the text)

BTW you spell it "Mt. Eruca" in the quest but the map itself is called "Mount Eruca"

Quest description has been updated for next patch.  I left the interchanged use of "Mt." and "Mount", as "Mt." is a typical abbreviation of the word "Mount", similar to interchanged use of "Mr." and "Mister" or "Sr." and "Senior".

NPC: Adalric

Map: Junon

Some of the listed medallions got the wrong names (example: "Desert Scavenger Pack Leader Medallion" but the medal is called: Desert Scavenger King Medallion");

Aldaric's dialogue along with the names and descriptions of medallion items have been updated to reflect the correct monster names for next patch.

As I go completing thru main quest I talked with Punwell (Breezy Hills) ,as I got the stone for "saving" villiage, then I had to go to talk with Odelo for further quests, and there is only related topic with blue hats, and monsters for new event - Haloween quest. No topic to be about main quest. Now we are stuck till it gets fixed, so thank you for your patience and for fixing it.

An option has been added for next patch allow that quest to be continued while the event is active.

Edited by Genesis, 21 October 2013 - 04:31 AM.

#55 Clockwyrk

Clockwyrk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:50 PM

I've noticed a few times that Keenu does this to me (sometimes she has a question mark, and sometimes she has an exclamation point).  I've tried talking to her a few different times, trying to figure out what I'm "supposed to turn in to her," but - for most of my characters - there's no dialogue other than her usual concerning the face-change or her shop.

I'll make a note to get some screenshots compiled, and look for any others.

#56 GixxerSLO

GixxerSLO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:45 AM

Did anyone tried to fix this bug ?

Edited by GixxerSLO, 08 November 2013 - 07:47 AM.

#57 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:32 AM

It might be in todays patch, for next year. But along with that, I think today is the end of the Halloween event so it should go back to normal.

#58 GixxerSLO

GixxerSLO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:25 AM

It might be in todays patch, for next year. But along with that, I think today is the end of the Halloween event so it should go back to normal.

Sory still isn't fixed, it stayed the same ...

#59 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 03:16 PM

Hotch is now known as [Resident Hotch] not [Resident] Hotch

Spoiler

#60 Celice03

Celice03

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:20 PM

Hi, I'm a new player on this server and I've noticed that the "Oria's Debt" quest is still not working. I still can't use the shovel and so I can't get the Zulies.

It would be very nice if it can be fixed. :-)

#61 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:58 PM

You just 'use' the shovel by walking over the spots, which should be working.

#62 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:47 PM

Leonis has now colored the spots in the game. However if you need it, there are screen shots of the spots on the Rose Wiki, along with the coordinates.

#63 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:56 PM

Help Huey Collect Flanae Seeds

Huey doesn't update his quest status to "27MU25Q.png" just stays as "XC8N8w0.png". 

You still need to do the quest.

#64 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:57 AM

Thank Honey! I been meaning to get to reporting that one, but I always forgot to get the screenie!  :no1:

#65 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:00 PM

Wow that is new. I never had a problem with Pony. Send in a ticket and let them know about this.

#66 BlueWhite

BlueWhite

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:05 PM

Sorry I just started, can you show me where to get a ticket?

Nevermind I got one 293-1B93A8B1-03C3

BlueWhite

Edited by BlueWhite, 29 August 2014 - 12:10 PM.

#67 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:02 PM

The only reason I told you to send in a ticket, is because the dev team will see it faster that way (per Leonis). It is a good idea though to post it here, so that other players can take note of it. Thanks for finding that one.

#68 antsmeister

antsmeister

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationEstonia

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:50 AM

For some reason I can't get to Warpportal page to submit a ticket, so I post it here.

I'm not sure if its addressed already but the issue is with quest ''In need of supplies''. Everything works great until the part ''In need of water'' , where the 3rd Golden Ring map cacti says ''You have filled a waterskin'' ,but in quest window the waterskin haven't been filled. Its the map with lots of hills and crater's.

#69 VModCupcake

VModCupcake

Too Legit To Quit

• VMod Retired
  • 1259 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:25 AM

For some reason I can't get to Warpportal page to submit a ticket, so I post it here.

I'm not sure if its addressed already but the issue is with quest ''In need of supplies''. Everything works great until the part ''In need of water'' , where the 3rd Golden Ring map cacti says ''You have filled a waterskin'' ,but in quest window the waterskin haven't been filled. Its the map with lots of hills and crater's.

There was an issue that involved the main website, forum and the games. I believe that everything is up now but if you're still having problems, give it a few minutes before you try again.

As for the quest, I did that last week on some characters and did not have this problem. Is it possible that you got that one but missed one from a different map? I know if you stand near a cactus too long after you have received the quest drop, you will get the message that the cactus is dry.

If you try all three maps and still can't get the quest drop in your log, then you should make a ticket (once you are able to do that) and explain what happened so they can look into it. 

#70 antsmeister

antsmeister

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationEstonia

Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:35 AM

I could stand hours there filling the waterskin, nothing happens. Maybe theres a hole in a waterskin ? o.O

#71 VModCupcake

VModCupcake

Too Legit To Quit

• VMod Retired
  • 1259 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:52 AM

I could stand hours there filling the waterskin, nothing happens. Maybe theres a hole in a waterskin ? o.O

I guess that's possible :D

At any rate, document it with screen shots as much as possible and then make a ticket so the staff can look into the situation. As I said, we finished the quests not long ago and had no problem but something might have changed since then.  

#72 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:42 PM

You must have poked a hole in the waterskin by getting it to close to the cactus! Now you will need to fix it, or get a new one! :heh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users