Ragnarok Monster couples - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Ragnarok Monster couples

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

What all monster couples, siblings or other duos are there on RO besides munak and bongun?

Edited by KingOfBabylon, 01 April 2012 - 11:47 AM.

#2 Mutoh

Mutoh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:49 AM

Zealotus and Injustice :p_love:

Also Aliot and Alicel... although they are classmates :heh: .

Edited by Mutoh, 01 April 2012 - 11:52 AM.

#3 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:54 AM

You forgot one. It's really Munak, Bongun and Yao Jun.

Posted Image

#4 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

Moonlight flower and cat of ninetails :ok:

#5 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:05 PM

succubus/incubus?

#6 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:13 PM

Cool cool :)

#7 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:15 PM

You forgot one. It's really Munak, Bongun and Yao Jun.

Posted Image

Actually, Sohee was part of it too. There was a whole backstory between them all, kinda sad really. I forgot where I read it though, I think it was way back on the old pre-renewal forums. You know, before it was called WarpPortal.

#8 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

Actually, Sohee was part of it too. There was a whole backstory between them all, kinda sad really. I forgot where I read it though, I think it was way back on the old pre-renewal forums. You know, before it was called WarpPortal.

Was it this? There was a 'make up your own story for RO monsters' thread and I made this one up:

Love stories don't always have a happy ending. Payon was going through a time where marriages were
arranged and women were not equal. Sohee was young and had feelings for a boy named Jacus who made
arrows for a living. He was funny, witty, charming, friendly, and cute. He and Sohee had been friends
since childhood but she never told him that she had fallen in love with him.
One day, Sohee's parents
had some surprising news for her. They had chosen a husband for her and they were to be wed in a week.
Sohee was bound by law to honor her parents wishes and bound by her feelings of not wanting to
disappoint her parents either. Sohee and Relaus was married the next week and moved on the border of
Payon. Sohee kept her sadness suppressed for a year. Relaus was a kind husband, nice, but Sohee still
only had love for Jacus, but never could tell her parents or Relaus. Sohee knew it was only a matter of
time before Relaus would take her. Sohee knew it was her obligation as his wife to give IT to him if he
requested it. The sad time had come when he had..Sohee lay dieing inside.
The next evening, while
Relaus was out, she went to his shelf and took the symbol of her chastity, a simple knife. She then ran
away taking nothing with her but the clothes on her back and the chastity knife. She had to find Jacus
and tell him her feelings. She made her way to his arrow shop and watched a moment from a distance.
She saw him, the one guy she truely loved, embracing a young lady. Sohee was heartbroken..she ran as
far as she could into the woods. She sat crying for about an hour before she took her knife and ended
her pain with it.

Munak never knew Sohee but attended her funeral anyway because Jacus was a childhood friend of Sohee.
Munak and Jacus Yao Jun was another arranged marriage. Munak, like Sohee, was not in love with the man
chosen for her. She had feelings for Jacus's friend, Bongun. She had met Bongun a few days after she
had met Jacus. She liked him from the moment that she met him. She feigned being happy to please
everyone around her. She spent a lot of time with Bongun, only on friend terms though. She wrote in her
diary about everyday and the true feelings she had about him. She kept a lock on her diary though, of
course, and hid it too.
Munak had fallen deeply in love with Bongun and had to tell him her feelings. She
had gone walking with him through the forest and tried to explain as best she could her situation.
Bongun did not say whether or not he felt the same, he only said "I must go give this some thought."
She wrote in her diary about how eager she was for his response. She felt as giddy as a young school
girl but afraid of what everyone would think about her going against arranged marriages.
She waited a
few days, but there was no word from Bongun. She gone outside often hoping he would visit, but he had
not. She looked through the town some times in hopes of seeing him, but she did not. She nonchalantly
asked Jacus if he and Bongun were going to do anything together during a conversation. Jacus looked
down and said "He's dead." Munak looked at him in shock. "What happened!?" she asked. "He was found
murdered in Payon Cave. There was a gash across his face and he had been strangled. The killer also
left a painting of Bongun after he had died." Munak remained a calm sort of sad on the outside, but
was heartbroken on the inside.
The next week, she had gone out shopping for a new kimono to wear at
the funeral. She overheard a group of men talking. "It's sad, he was such a popular young lad, hard
worker too." "Did anyone ever find out how he died?" "No, only the soldiers know the details and aren't
allowed to talk about it, probably died in a terrible way though." "Yes, none of the townsfolk seem
to know anything except that Bongun was found dead in Payon Cave." Munaks eyes widens in shock and
fear. "Then..then how did Jacus.." she said to herself.
Munak suddenly felt very frightened as she figured the truth out herself. She ran as fast as
she could home, she stopped only once to vomit at the thought of what she knew happened. She had to
retrieve her diary in case her husband had ever found it.
She ran to her room as soon as she got home. She opened her drawer and grabbed her diary and
turned to leave. She came face to face with Jacus Yao Jun. "Going somewhere?" he asked as he plucked
the diary from her hands. "Any new entries?" he asked as he pulled a key out of his pocket and opened
it to read. Her eyes widened in terror as he skimmed through the pages. "You..you killed him!" She
yelped. He closed the diary and hit her hard across the face with it knocking her to the floor. "Yes I
did. I loved you, more than anything, but that wasn't good enough for you. I was never good enough for
you!!" He shouted. He kept Munak tied up all day until night, when he dragged her to Payon cave..

Paragraphs, y u no stay?

Edited by KingOfBabylon, 01 April 2012 - 12:20 PM.

#9 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

I think that was the quest that Sera wrote for a contest, actually. I'll ask him when he gets home.

He had done one about Payon and Sohee's history, I thought.

Edited by Kitten, 01 April 2012 - 12:19 PM.

#10 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

Someone should make another "Make up your own story for your favorite RO monsters' Thread

#11 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

I'd like to see that. I liked the quest contests. No offense meant, but I think the quality was better when volunteer quests were done on a contest basis and not just a free-for-all. It helped keep a certain level of quality and, since they were posted for peer-review, most of the really goofy stuff got weeded out.

#12 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:27 PM

I'd like to see that. I liked the quest contests. No offense meant, but I think the quality was better when volunteer quests were done on a contest basis and not just a free-for-all. It helped keep a certain level of quality and, since they were posted for peer-review, most of the really goofy stuff got weeded out.

Does that include good ideas but terrible writing? i never was much of a writer

I think that was the quest that Sera wrote for a contest

Wait, are you talking about the double story I posted?

Edited by KingOfBabylon, 01 April 2012 - 12:33 PM.

#13 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

Tada~. Fanfic, maybe, but I'll be damned if it's not well written. No, it's not mine. I'm not sure who wrote it.

Many years before Ragnarok, the Kingdom of Payon reached from the Southeast seas into the heart of Rune-Midgard. It was a prosperous country, with an honorable Emperor and Empress. However, the nobility of Payon were arrogant, and vowed to make the land of Payon so beautiful that the gods themselves would be jealous. They built spectacular pagodas, embellished with Gold and precious stones. They grew gardens of the most fragrant flowers and forests of majestic trees. Soon, even the homes of peasants were painted gorgeous colors instead of being built strong, and their gardens were full of flowers instead of crops. While the surface of this magnificent country shined with color and wealth, in reality the people were hungry and neglected, squandering all they had for the sake of beauty— beauty more astonishing than the halls of heaven.

This is when the Gods took notice.

Foreseeing the end of their powers in Ragnarok, the gods hastened to secure their influence into the world's heirs. It was this time that twin children were born to the Emperor and Empress of Payon, Prince Bongun and Princess Munak. But on the day of their birth, the great fortuneteller prophesied a tragic end to their lives. The Emperor and Empress were frightened by the prophecy that they raised the two royal children in isolation, forbidding them to leave the castle's secure walls. But the two grew together as siblings and friends, never feeling lonely by each other's side. They grew up surrounded by beautiful things and intelligent tutors, never knowing sadness or want. Being twins, they felt deep affection for each other, and vowed to be each other's protector. And in this way, Bongun grew to be a handsome young prince and unparalleled fencer, and Munak blossomed into a delicate but strong- willed princess.

But the two could not remain together forever. When the two became of age, Bongun was told he would soon marry a foreign Princess from the west , and Munak would be sent to the north to marry a foreign prince there. The two were heartbroken at the thought of separation, and jealous at the thought they the other may be happy in their coming marriage. For the first time in their sheltered lives, the felt sadness and want.

This is when the Gods made their move. "Let us capture the vulnerable heart of the young Prince," they plotted. "We will possess the foreign princess who is to wed Bongun, and through her, control the most magnificent country of the eastern world."

And so they sent down a spirit to possess the innocent princess Sohee. Enchanted, she became more beautiful than any woman the nobility of Payon had seen— long hair, black as the night, framed her moon-white face, and her robes shone with the brilliance of the stars. She was truly a divine girl, thought the noblemen, too entranced by her beauty to notice the flame-red eyes she hid in the darkness. In their hearts, all of Payon, longed for true beauty to love and worship. And thus they were instantly seduced.

But the possessed beauty did not fool Munak nor Bongun, for they knew of different Beauty and Love than what the entire kingdom had been fooled with. Together, they had discovered inner beauty. For when they stared at the colors and brightness of the kingdom they were forbidden to experience, they had wept for each other, and vowed to renounce such shallow trappings. This is where Bongun's swordmanship began to develop, and Munak's inner strength to build. They encouraged each other, for they had no one else to encourage, and loved each other deeply as siblings, companions, and more... For they had no one else to love.

But they were helpless to stop the fate the Gods had set for them. The Gods were aware they had not fooled the young heirs of Payon, so they ordered Sohee to dispose Munak, before she could give strength to Bongun, for they may together reveal the possessed bride.

And in the darkness one night, Munak wept in her room alone, fighting to give up her naive desires to rule Payon with her brother until their, or the kingdom's, end. She grieved for her wasted dreams. But in a passion-confused state, she wrote of her love and her plans for their dream kingdom in a letter addressed to her brother, and hid it behind her portrait, hoping he would discover it one day far in the future. She then collapsed onto her bed, drained from the force of hopelessness.

But her beloved shared the torment. Not because they were twins, not because they were siblings, but because they were linked with one heart— such a heart sustained them, and could only existed with both their wills. And so when Munak wept, Bongun felt it, and rushed to her room to comfort his beloved sister.

Unbeknownst to them, a scarlet blade glinted in the moonlight, held by the delicate fingers of a divine beauty. While the two embraced, weeping for each other, lost in their despair of the future, the blade sank into the wrong victim, and claimed the prince's life immediately.

The death of the young Prince brought the kingdom to ruin. Sohee had failed her mission, concluded the gods, and so she would return to who she once was. But before the spirit left her, she used her powers to convince the nobility that Munak killed her brother in a state of madness. Munak was banished to the darkest caves, where she truly went mad with grief, and began trying to rebuild her and her brother's kingdom in the deepest stone caverns— an underground kingdom, perhaps built from the forbidden love of siblings.

Sohee returned to a normal girl, and lived as the adopted princess of Payon, while the Emperor and Empress grieved for their heirs. But one day, she stalled over a moonlit lake hidden deep in the forest, and saw her reflection lighted by the dark heavens. Her memories of the murderous deed flooded back, and she drowned herself in the sparkling waters.

The nobility urged their royal leaders to continue with the kingdom's beatification. And without substance to quell their hunger for beauty, they continued to spend and build, until the days of Ragnarok came...

And so the spirits of the three haunt this remaining glimpse of what Payon was. The forests... the caves..sometimes the village.. the grieved and angered spirits of innocent lovers, innocent tools of the Gods are trapped here by the love and grief they cannot let go of.

Edited by Akami, 01 April 2012 - 01:38 PM.

#14 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

Does that include good ideas but terrible writing? i never was much of a writer

Wait, are you talking about the double story I posted?

No, not that.

There was one actually in game.

#15 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

Posted Image

Not sure how you would define that one but yeah.

Edited by Inubashiri, 01 April 2012 - 02:38 PM.

#16 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

There actually used to be a official library on the RO main site. I think it had a few stories for some of the monsters. It's gone now. Can't even find it on the internet archive.

#17 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

Posted Image

hermaphrodite.

#18 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

ferus and bewler? (red ferus and green ferus before the name change) :heh:

#19 Froggems

Froggems

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

Posted Image

I would so halftap that.

#20 Pleasant007

Pleasant007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • LocationWarp Portal Forum

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:01 PM

Ha! You forgot the classic one, Orc Warrior and Orc Lady since open beta.
Aw~ they already become one happy family with Orc Baby.

#21 CrescendoBeat

CrescendoBeat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:02 AM

Awww, no love for Biolabs ghosts? XD
I know Japanese fandom likes to pair them up. And yeah, that includes the same-sex relationships.

The artworks of Kavach's and Armeyer's cards do connect to each other, though. Also, official wallpapers of Bio4 tease Chen/Trentini and Alphocchio/Gertie or Flamel/Gertie or both (depends on how you interpret the scene).

And then you want to consider the 'classic pair' set-up, aka pair the swordie and the healer, which brings us Errende/Cenia, Seyren/Margaretha, and in an odd case, Randell/Celia (to match with 'the swordsman' part) or Chen/Celia (SP heal, anyone?). The another 'classic pair' would be Alphoccio/Trentini, because, y'know, they're performers. Also, Eremes/Margaretha is the "cool antisocial guy finds love in sweet, caring, yet hard-headed girl" type of classic. And usually Howard/Cecil plays the "i-love-you-but-i-hate-you-but-that's-why-i-love-you-BUT-I-STILL-HATE-YOU, BAKA!" cliche.

And don't get me started at the same-sex ones....
*looks at the overabundance of Laurell/Kavach, Howard/Eremes, and Flamel/Chen yaoi fanarts....as well as Kathryne/Margaretha and Gertie/Trentini yuri ones*
*shudders*

#22 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:01 AM

Speaking of biolabs, the Gemini monster -is- a couple xD

#23 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:45 AM

2 monsters in 1 for Gemini. Aren't they siblings tho? Incest? xD

#24 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:09 AM

I dunno with the way they hold hands and tango. I didn't hear they were siblings? are they? source?

#25 CrescendoBeat

CrescendoBeat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:02 AM

Nah, a common theory for Gemini's appearance is that they were an unfortunate Rogues coupling who got caught and experimented by Rekenber. Said experiment combined the couple into a being who can shapeshift between its past forms.

Still, they creep me out a bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users