Sura or Gene for MvPing - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Sura or Gene for MvPing

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

I searched, got a couple threads, none really gave the answer though.

I'm looking to make a second char.

Which is better for MvPing and why?

Which costs more and how?

Which is faster?

Which is overall more effective and what makes them effective?

If anyone can answer these things I'd be very appreciative. Thanks.

#2 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

They are both very effective classes and you won't get one definitive answer and it is a dumb thing to ask. They are both very strong against MVPs, Geneiticist tend to be a bit more effective, but also cost a -_- load more than Suras

#3 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:26 AM

I know they're both effective. I'm wondering though which is more cost/time productive. I'm curious which one kills faster and is more likely to survive an mvp assault also. I wouldn't want to be in the middle of a kill and someone walks up and Gfists or AB's it for the kill because I chose the slower kill class.

#4 LuxiLux

LuxiLux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:41 AM

what gear can you afford? do you have access to god items? how much money are you willing to spend on this character?

#5 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

Depends on the MVP, if you can 1 shot with the sura that is the better route. if its a ghost you need a GX or RK, etc. If it has a lot of HP and you have a party supporting you with sacrament and magic strings and you have a ton of money or time for acid bottles/grenades, then genetic is the choice character.

#6 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

Gen ftw

#7 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:11 PM

I was thinking probably mostly solo. Maybe a priest to lex/heal. Gears would be non god items. That aside, I dont think I would set any other restrictions.

#8 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:14 PM

If lex priest following you, sura you can 1 shot most soloable mvp.

Solo you can wreck a lot of enemies with a GX or something simply by ctrl+clicking with edp crit and elemental endow. Even ghost enemies that sura/gene can't touch. Its really a matter of preference to your play style, the 2 most competitive against the highest end mvps are gene/sura but you need some support from ppl to get that level of competitiveness.

#9 Lazerbomb

Lazerbomb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

I know they're both effective. I'm wondering though which is more cost/time productive. I'm curious which one kills faster and is more likely to survive an mvp assault also. I wouldn't want to be in the middle of a kill and someone walks up and Gfists or AB's it for the kill because I chose the slower kill class.

Sura has more life usually than a genetic and snap skill is useful to dodge around. Genetic cart boost makes you super fast so you can flee from stuff like EQ before it goes off. If you have a +12 2x lib carga and morph set with like 100 int youll have around 3500 sp and do about 600k if you have gentle touch change (something like this not actually sure cuz i dont have change anymore and i dont use morph set haha) so basically if you have a priest to lex with you, sura is faster against anything with less than 1.2 mil HP. Genetic can cast bombs super fast and can win against a sure on something like ifrit for example with 7mil HP but youll be using like 40ish bombs to do that. So basically genetic has the potential to kill faster than sura if the sura cant 1 shot as long as you have the money to pay for all the bombs. If im wrong anybody please correct me and disregard this post if none of this information is relavant xD

#10 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

use a genetic. just make a sera and get it painkiller. with the gfist sp pot delay a genetic will usually win if the sura cant take down half the mvps hp in 1 fist

#11 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:09 PM

Genetic with Painkiller is the best MvP class. No hit and run bullcrap or dying. Just pure tanking, bomb, and win.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 04 April 2012 - 01:09 PM.

#12 MiraExorcist

MiraExorcist

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • LocationLost inside the Hazy Effin Maze!!
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

Genetic all the way.

Solo Tank Build:

112int
100vit
100str
92dex

Youll have around 32k Max HP
4000+ sp
and hit 14k with your Cart Cannon for clearing slaves.

Cheap Equip Build:
+9 HF with Archer Skel <---70-90m
Fire Armor[1] 20m + pecopeco 4-5m
Water Armor[2] 30m + Marc Card
Wind Armor[3] 30m+ pecopeco 4-5m
Variants 40m
Immune Nyd 40m
COD/AK helm as your Upper Headgear
2 waterdrop Brooches 3m for 2 in valk +phen card 5m,+creamy card 1.5m
2 more waterdrop brooches with alligator cards(alli's cost 200k in valk)
Bombs and Acids <---- brew them on your own, its cheaper. It's free.

You can solo MId Tier and Some High Tier MVPs with this build and this set of gears. You wont need to even teleport against Mid Tier MVPs like Haitii, Amon Rah, Orc Lord-Hero, Tanee, Tao Gunka and youll be able to tank and kill them within a few mins and do around 125k-130k damage per bomb. On some MVPs like DL and Doppel, youll need to tele a few times but still very doable with this build. Always use FCP on yourself against high end mvps.

This is without eden buffs and KP buffs.

If it was pre-renewal i would have chosen a champion over a biochem anytime. But since after the post-balance patch and all the adjustments made on suras, they are just not as effecient solo-MVP killers anymore. They dont have an AOE skill to clear mobs/slaves that dont have a downside. Arrow Knuckle/Rampage Blast take too much SP and spheres, that youd have to reload spheres before u can start/re-engage attack on the MVP. On top of that, if ever the revised version of the summoner gets released, youd have to battle waves of minions first before u get to fight the MVP. Cart Cannon is spammable without having to worry about sp so Genetic would be the better way to go,

Edited by MiraExorcist, 04 April 2012 - 08:46 PM.

#13 Dammage

Dammage

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:55 AM

With plenty of white pots, some high teir MvPs are easily solo'd by genes, especially if you drop the HF and get a 3x +9 Red naught and an alice carded valk shield. I'd go for gene sence they have a much wider array of MvPs the can kill

On a side note what's best for killing ghost MvPs?

#14 Dinosexy

Dinosexy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:03 AM

Bombs aren't that expensive if you have a potting chem. The sum of their parts are considerably cheaper than the bottles themselves.

#15 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:59 AM

with decent gear and no competition a sura and an AB can solo a lot of low/mid mvp's without using any consumables.. other than the ocasional fly and bfly wing

#16 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

On a side note what's best for killing ghost MvPs?

For the ghost MvPs, overall, I'd say RK is best.

Snake Lord: doesn't hit hard; easy for many classes

Gloom: fairly easy to kite; can be soloed by multiple

Thanatos: can be hard to tank at some points. RK/RG can just tank and spank whole way through.

Bee: RK solos easiest by far

Bios 3 (not considered soloable): For when MvP changes to or starts as ghost 3/4, imo RK (with strings) is the best damage dealer

#17 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:43 AM

I had a friend that would log on his Royal Guard, reflect damage tank bee until it was low HP, then switch to Rune Knight to finish it off.

I have heard of people EDP critting ghost MVPs to death since that is actually pretty good DPS and won't miss.

#18 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:17 AM

I had a friend that would log on his Royal Guard, reflect damage tank bee until it was low HP, then switch to Rune Knight to finish it off.

I have heard of people EDP critting ghost MVPs to death since that is actually pretty good DPS and won't miss.

Bee can be killed with reflect as you mentioned, but due to how long it takes (some 5x kill time pre-RD nerf), RK can do it more time efficiently. Other classes have difficulty soloing due to crit wounds 5.

Ctrl-click EDP would work great on the weak MvPs, but the harder ones are more difficult to tank and have higher def. A GX would likely have to backslide retreat from thanatos, for example, when he quickens.

Against the bios 3 mvps, a GX in close proximity to MvP would just get demolished (magnum break, wiz AoE skills, sniper aoe). Since EDP now works with soul destroyer, which also now seems to ignore flee completely (?), that is an option in strings, but in my opinion I think RK is still better for bios 3 ghost mode (due to MvP targetting issues).

#19 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

Sura,

If they would remove the Gfist Sp cool down from PVM Maps.

#20 nein

nein

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

sura and an AB can solo

What?

A... are you trying to trick me?

#21 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

Thanatos has a really high dex and Gloom has crazy Agi and Luck to flee/pdodge ctrl+clickers. No way a GX can solo them without some godly MvP gear or burning a crapload of ale/yggs. You need to stack a truckload of fire resist on Gloom too but that's gonna hinder your killing speed and you prolly can't kill Gloom under a minute with it.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 05 April 2012 - 03:48 PM.

#22 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:38 AM

Sura if u can 1-2 shot most of mvp

#23 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:40 AM

For the ghost MvPs, overall, I'd say RK is best.

Snake Lord: doesn't hit hard; easy for many classes

Gloom: fairly easy to kite; can be soloed by multiple

Thanatos: can be hard to tank at some points. RK/RG can just tank and spank whole way through.

Bee: RK solos easiest by far

Bios 3 (not considered soloable): For when MvP changes to or starts as ghost 3/4, imo RK (with strings) is the best damage dealer

u forgot Ranger with 193 aspd XD

#24 Akamizu

Akamizu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • LocationIn your heart
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:09 AM

Sura or Gene Cant kill Ghost element MVP... Gfist, GoH, and Acid.... they're ALWAYS DO neutral element damage..

Posted Image

#25 MiraExorcist

MiraExorcist

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • LocationLost inside the Hazy Effin Maze!!
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

with decent gear and no competition a sura and an AB can solo a lot of low/mid mvp's without using any consumables.. other than the ocasional fly and bfly wing

I dont think u understand what it means to solo? Wouldnt it go the same way if a genetic was to bring along an AB with him/her? no need for consumables?

Edited by MiraExorcist, 06 April 2012 - 07:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users