60 replies to this topic

#1 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1553 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

We will be opening up this thread for people to voice their opinion regarding Jumeaux. (Please direct all other Twin Fighter related questions here)

If you have an issue with class balance, please post it here.

A skill which you feel could be better? please post it here.

A known bug or issue with a specific skill? please post it here.

Now remember this is for Jumeaux ONLY.

Feedback for Spirit Lord can be posted here.

#2 Kingness

Kingness

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

Jameaux:

- Disconnection sometimes while pvping, when you use the Stun Punch or Ghost Fighter. it makes you disconnect. ( Same thing when you are dueling ).

#3 FootNinja

FootNinja

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:21 AM

Jumeaux:

- I also agree that there are disconnections when pvping or dueling... usually when the fighter begins to attack faster with more skills constantly, it disconnects.
- Also the "balance" of the skills to get ghost fighter seem like too much skill points. An example would be finish move (or something else before ghost fighter) that needs to be level 5 just to proceed. So maybe a lower level of the skill would be nice to save up some skill points for the other skills.
- Dodge Mastery also needs to be level 5 to proceed to the "deep breathing" skill.. If possible, can you lower the level (of dodge mastery) necessary for "deep breathing"?

#4 StormHaven

StormHaven

Ro2 Volunteer Class Rep

• WarpPortal VM
  • 5029 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:25 AM

Power Weave should be an upgraded form of Weave instead of a separate skill, that's the only thing balance change i think of..
Ummm the damage done by fusion skills should be increased also.

#5 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:52 AM

Aren't these threads just about the new 4th job skills--not balance problems?

#6 StormHaven

StormHaven

Ro2 Volunteer Class Rep

• WarpPortal VM
  • 5029 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:55 AM

Aren't these threads just about the new 4th job skills--not balance problems?

If you have an issue with class balance, please post it here.

#7 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:56 AM

That would be a direct answer then.

#8 tainguyen

tainguyen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:14 AM

Disconnection due to abnormal client when u use 4th class skill or x button on elga/paris.

Roar of lion *"does not"* decrease evade rate as said by description.

Passives description should be changed to fit its actual effect (iron fist, breathing, rapid stance, heavy blow, at light speed, ring if hell). These descriptions are misleading.
Both awakening skills awakening cost should be lowered as both skills can be countered/avoided/walked out easily.

Ring of hells debuff should be constant, it keeps dissappearing and reappearing while opponent is in ring. Rind debuff should be increased as opponent........ can simply walk out ._.
*****A cool effect for ring of hell would be trapping anyone who steps inside the ring (including caster(. No debuffs, but they simply cant leave the ring. This would result to a cqc brawl. (Thus named the ring of hell). Another idea for this is adding the effect of anyone in the ring cannot be knocked down, flinched or launched.

Absolute def does nothing for twins.... (unless we get a new passive)

Weave cooldown should be increased by 2-4 secs to provide a larger window so players could counter.

Impact blow stun % should be increased as skill lvl increases. In fact... i never stunned at all with that skill.

Fusion boost cooldown is too long for what its worth. Mostly all fusion skills are worthless to use in combination with fusion boost. Duration and cooldown of this skill should match.

Sp requirements are too large. We have too many prereqs. Finish combo takes 100sp. Roar of lion that doesnt work properly takes 60. Stamper 60. Spin bomb 60. Dodge mastery 50. Dragon kick 60. Hyper knee 60. All these skills are worthless in pvp/pve with the exception of stamper and dragon kick. But both of those skills hit count varies.

4th class skills that require awakening should have super armor status as they can escape/counter easily. This way, opponent can still escape, and its at least worth using the 4th class skills for the twin, as they know that they will not be severly punished in a counter atk.

Edited by tainguyen, 14 April 2012 - 08:47 PM.

#9 d2truong

d2truong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

I had suggested in the Game Balance section to change the mechanics of both weave skills to give the evade cap (regardless of opponent's aim) instead of the invincibility status.

Edited by d2truong, 14 April 2012 - 04:09 AM.

#10 Engarde

Engarde

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:13 AM

Rapid Stance gives 3% aim and evade instead of the supposed 10%.

#11 wizard898

wizard898

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

I won't mention things that have already been said...

Training Time's aim seems to be based on the character's Base aim; it never really hits enough in pvp to be too useful.
Breath Control is supposed to eliminate Fusion's cooldown time- you can cast Fusion with no cooldown, but the twin will not recall until you wait 2 seconds.
Dragon Uppercut doesn't hit the amount of times the description says it does.

#12 Engarde

Engarde

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:20 AM

Definite Defense says there will be a new Lv 3 buff that increases the Crit Rate after the skill is finished. There's no new buff.

Fist Harmony and Harmony Master are impractical to use in PvP, but its easier to pull of in PvE. This is due to the Main fighter skills and Twin skills not working well together. For example, Infinite Turning Kick misses 3 of its 5 kicks. After using Infinite Kicking and following up with Rising Drop Kick, then attempting to use Power Fist with Spirit Spear, the Power Fist fails to stun and the Spirit Spear doesn't electrocute them even though it hit the opponent. It's like during that combo, Rising Drop Kick prevents the enemy from getting stunned by Power Fist. What's worked for me is that after the enemy has control and starts to move even the slightest bit, Power Fist and Spirit Spear will definitely connect. Otherwise it will miss entirely like in the above example.

Spin Blade allows the enemy to escape still even though they are actively getting hit and sometimes it doesn't connect.

Swish Kick is pointless. It's one of those skills (and Twin fighters have many) to throw out there and hope it connects. I want to see Main fighter and Twin skills used efficiently one after another for a flawless combo weave.

Lastly, if the Main fighters and Twin Skills start up animations were faster like the Spirit Spear skill, with no sort of start up motion, it would more fast paced and great.

Edited by Engarde, 20 May 2012 - 08:27 AM.

#13 tainguyen

tainguyen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:59 PM

Blizzard Mufflers are bugged. Looks like its frozen when youre wearing them. I... want them to flow in the wind as i gallop through the meadows...

#14 Engarde

Engarde

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:10 PM

Blizzard Mufflers are bugged. Looks like its frozen when youre wearing them. I... want them to flow in the wind as i gallop through the meadows...

I'll flow you in the wind!

Back on topic, it'd be great to have the twin in the same clothing and equipment as the main fighter and not just be bared naked.

Edited by Engarde, 27 May 2012 - 11:14 PM.

#15 Wobinar

Wobinar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:01 PM

With all do respect,
I just think is stupid to spend 410 SKILL POINTS to get Infinite Kick level 1,
I just did Skill Reset and remember why I had all those other 8 useless skills
in my build >.>
I know you wont do anything about it, but I wanted to get it off my chest.

#16 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1398 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:01 PM

Stupid cosmetic things have a lot to do with class balance.

#17 tainguyen

tainguyen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:46 AM

Stupid cosmetic things have a lot to do with class balance.

It also says voice opinion.

Anyways, there should be an IM that converts human clothing to dragonkin clothing and vise versa. The majority of the player base is humans, thus getting the useless IM clothing i want, is extremely hard and costly.

Edited by tainguyen, 29 May 2012 - 07:46 AM.

#18 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:08 AM

My opinion is that people should post things regarding actual content involving classes.

Edited by Kazu731, 29 May 2012 - 11:09 AM.

#19 Jumpluffspore

Jumpluffspore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 823 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:13 PM

Feedback Request- Jumeaux Job Skills

Please read the title and then post. :love:
I disagree with Engarde saying that the times for twin skills should be sped up.
Spirit Spear is a wonderful catching skill already, without the speed up. If warlocks have to deal with slow blizzard start up, it is hardly fair to even begin considering speeding up any twin skills.
(Especially when you consider that spirit spear is entirely usable whereas harlequin's ultimate takes so long that it can't be used within the duration of a level 8 stun. ) The example I've encased in parentheses is an issue. What you've proposed isn't.

#20 tainguyen

tainguyen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:38 PM

calm down calm down. While engardi said we speed up the skills, he was vague.

Skills that should be sped up is: Spin Blade (doesnt hold/catches. Just filler damge); Swish Kick (first atk hits, skill is so slow that 2nd kick misses completely defeating the whole purpose of the skill); Rocket Blow (slow launcher); Non stop kicking (it doesnt catch, super slow animation, and if it hits opponent, they can still walk out)

All the skills i posted are uncommon skills twins use, very low damage, and if its sped up, only spin blade would probably be used.

#21 Jumpluffspore

Jumpluffspore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 823 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:48 AM

calm down calm down. While engardi said we speed up the skills, he was vague.

Skills that should be sped up is: Spin Blade (doesnt hold/catches. Just filler damge); Swish Kick (first atk hits, skill is so slow that 2nd kick misses completely defeating the whole purpose of the skill); Rocket Blow (slow launcher); Non stop kicking (it doesnt catch, super slow animation, and if it hits opponent, they can still walk out)

All the skills i posted are uncommon skills twins use, very low damage, and if its sped up, only spin blade would probably be used.

He mentioned spirit spear by name however. I don't think the twin skills need any buffs. There's a twin fighter out there who is doing marvelously without any skill changes.

#22 Engarde

Engarde

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:55 PM

He mentioned spirit spear by name however. I don't think the twin skills need any buffs. There's a twin fighter out there who is doing marvelously without any skill changes.

Twin Fighters defeat their enemy by launching extremely fast combo attacks.

I didn't mention Spirit Spear needing any buffs or speed improvements. It's fine the way it is. I ask for the running start of Sliding Kick and the short forward hop of Infinite Kicking to be sped up. That time frame between the start up animation and the skill actually hitting the opponent gives them an opportunity for a counterattack. The same thing applies to Screw Drop Kick. Make it like a Pally's Aerial Smackdown. Otherwise, I'm fine the way Twin Fighters are. Oh, and wherever that Twin Fighter is, I hope she comes back.

#23 StormHaven

StormHaven

Ro2 Volunteer Class Rep

• WarpPortal VM
  • 5029 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:58 PM

Before they should even consider speeding up/buffing/nerfing twin skills they need to make sure all glitches involving animation canceling/twin teleport attacks are fixed.

#24 Jumpluffspore

Jumpluffspore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 823 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:11 PM

Twin Fighters defeat their enemy by launching extremely fast combo attacks.

I didn't mention Spirit Spear needing any buffs or speed improvements. It's fine the way it is. I ask for the running start of Sliding Kick and the short forward hop of Infinite Kicking to be sped up. That time frame between the start up animation and the skill actually hitting the opponent gives them an opportunity for a counterattack. The same thing applies to Screw Drop Kick. Make it like a Pally's Aerial Smackdown. Otherwise, I'm fine the way Twin Fighters are. Oh, and wherever that Twin Fighter is, I hope she comes back.

The dragon saga job descriptions also point out intelligence as a primary part of thief gameplay. And it isn't.
Those descriptions aren't accurate and hold no basis for speeding up already glitchy skills.

#25 Engarde

Engarde

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:54 PM

Before they should even consider speeding up/buffing/nerfing twin skills they need to make sure all glitches involving animation canceling/twin teleport attacks are fixed.

Right! For all classes~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users