• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:44 AM

Mechanic in brief:

What is good about this class?
HSCR tears up PVM same as it always did.
Arm Cannon would be a really epic PVM skill if you had strings and a mobber.
Moves really goddamn fast.

What is bad about this class?
Many skills that do things that are a little bit useful, but no strong core skills.
The class as a whole is too thinly spread between too many roles.
More stuff than you can hotkey even with battlemode.

In full:

After hearing all the other classes boast about their damage, mechanic damage is really awful.
HSCR seems to be exactly as powerful as it was pre-renewal, and axe tornado deals about the same damage except slower and AoE.

Characters now have about twice the health they did pre-renewal.
The damage is the same.

This was supposed to be compensated for by adding Pile Bunker.

But as far as I know, Pile Bunker is a mace (No steel to actually test it). Mjolnir is also a mace. None of the axe skills work with maces.

Apparently Genetics have Cart Boost now, and it's better than the mastersmith version. It lasts longer and adds attack power.

Mado suit disappears upon death, meaning it will be worthless in WoE. You can't use any of your mastersmith skills while in the suit, so it won't be very useful for PVM either imo.

Apparently Mechanics are not receiving balancing patches from kRO because no one plays them anymore because they suck so badly.

Please do something about this.

Things that could remedy some of this:

- Pile Bunker becomes an axe
- Mjolnir becomes an axe
- Axe skills usable with maces
- Mado suit stays after death
- Mado suit 'summonable' rather than rented
- Mastersmith skills usable in the Mado suit
- Update Cart Boost to match the Genetic's
- Make the cool down on the axe skills attack speed based rather than whatever they currently are
- Make Weaponry Research add Hit again
- 2x damage modifier worked into HSCR
- Increase Range of Flamethrower
- Increase attackspeed of Silver Sniper
- Increase HIT of Magic Decoy

Dear Korean Development Team,

Power Swing. What the-_- is this :( skill and why in seven hells did you give it to us. BECAUSE THAT'S JUST WHAT SMITHS NEED IS ANOTHER STUN. Not only that, it casts AXE BOOMERANG. This could conceivably be useful except for the fact that Power Swing would still have to be used from melee range. The knockback does not work in WoE, so I guess it's a PVP skill. Maybe I could use Power Swing to try to trigger Axe Boomerang in the five second cool down of manually using the skill (regardless of the fact I could have just rammed them like twenty times in the meantime).
But this is still all overlooking an important fact.

MY MOST DAMAGING SKILLS HAVE A RANGE OF ONE CELL. WHY WOULD I WANT TO KNOCK SOMETHING AWAY FROM ME.

How about instead of giving us a stupid skill that doesn't deal any damage, has a stun status effect like two of our other skills, and casts another stupid pointless skill, you give us something you know... meaningful?

Too bad even mammonite does over twice as much damage and can be spammed much more quickly for a fourth of the SP cost.

Thank you for your generous consideration.

Edited by Sera, 16 September 2010 - 02:21 PM.

#2 Carlossus

Carlossus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:56 AM

I share your frustrations. Feel very underwhelmed by the whole class (although to be honest haven't found the mado npc yet to test those!) My whole plan was to go axes on main servers but that's looking unlikely now.

My biggest grievance is that by far the best new axe skill is axe tornado. Not only is it an AoE but it hits harder then any of the other two single target skills.... shouldn't a single target skill be a lot more powerful against a single target compared to an AoE skill? It'sonly 8 SP more to use too, which doesn't seem a lot considering it's comparative power.
I take it our best single target skill is still HSCR?

Looks like mechs will basically have to go MADO, which is a shame imo as I think the MADO's are bleedin ugly -_-

#3 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:17 AM

I support your post, although i didn't really test mechanics yet.

also, i'd like to quote this:
http://forums.irowik...940&postcount=7

Edited by Susan, 15 September 2010 - 01:13 AM.

#4 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:38 AM

Everything Sera said and more. Mechanic SUCKS

we sacrificed the class to get him a robot suit?

Edited by Ultimate, 14 September 2010 - 03:38 AM.

#5 Brindizer

Brindizer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationDuluth
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:09 AM

I tried to test it. I really did -- but there's no zeny NPC so we cannot actually buy all the accessories we need, and there's no way to feasibly get a pile bunker.

But all in all,

- Vulcan Arm is completely pointless. Even with 120 dex and 120 strength, it did 2500 damage and had a horrible re-use delay, making it weaker than any gunslinger skill to date (except maybe Bullseye). Plus, it's a vulcan. Shouldn't it hit more than once? With the amount of damage it does, it should be between 3 and 5 hits.

- Please fix the skill name of Nukle Boost. If I'm unable to use a skill called "Boost Knuckle" I'm going to be upset. The skill itself seems underwhelming for damage, but all in all it seems okay.

- Flame Launcher is great, but its range isn't nearly as long as the flame you should would suggest. You have to be 2 cells away to use it.

- Since it's not possible to receive the Increase Agility buff while on a Magic Gear, is it possible to have Acceleration give a bonus to agility? It increases walking speed, but other classes don't need to use a magic fuel to do what a priest can do for them. With an archbishop nearby giving everybody Agi except for you, it's kind of a hassle to have to keep wasting fuel on Acceleration.

- The riders of Magic Gears are blacksmiths. They're not acolytes, mages, or thieves. They should at least be able to use the skills they learned while training, such as weapon perfection and maximize power. Also, they still have a cart, but you can't use change cart, cart revolution, or cart boost. What?

#6 Doddler

Doddler

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1035 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:32 AM

The gear is actually rather strong in my opinion, but it suffers from several... issues.

1) Unable to receive heal. Who thought this was a good idea?
2) Unable to use any of your non madogear skills. Adrenaline Rush? Maximize Power? HSCR? Useless. None of your 1st and 2nd job skills are useful while using the gear.
3) You lose the gear on death. There is no way to get it back except for returning to prontera. Uber lame.
4) You overheat if you take too much damage, which causes you to take damage over time like bleeding. Emergency Cool doesn't actually work, so you can't stop it.
5) Most gear skills require fuel to use, which costs 250z and is rather heavy.

They'd have to resolve most of these to make it worth going madogear. As it stands, a good mechanic is one that doesn't get any mechanic skills, which is troubling.

Edited by Doddler, 14 September 2010 - 07:53 AM.

#7 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:46 AM

1) Unable to receive heal. Who thought this was a good idea?
2) Unable to use any of your non madogear skills. Adrenaline Rush? Maximize Power? HSCR? Useless. None of your 1st and 2nd job skills are useful now.
3) You lose the gear on death. There is no way to get it back except for returning to prontera. Uber lame.
4) You overheat if you take too much damage. Emergency Cool doesn't actually work, so you can't stop it.
5) Every skill you have costs 250z per cast.

They'd have to resolve most of these to make it worth going madogear. As it stands, a good mechanic is one that doesn't get any mechanic skills, which is troubling.

lol, damn. I didn't know about 1-5, that makes no sense at all.

Edited by Susan, 14 September 2010 - 07:47 AM.

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:27 AM

Those really are horrible...

1) Can you still pot? Don't they give you some other option to recover hp?
2) You'd think they'd at least let you use the self-buffs....
3) could be fixed by just making it more widely available, if we couldn't make it stay on death...
4) So emergency cool is broken/bugged? Or ineffective but working as intended?
5) Not a big deal - we need zeny removed from economy. 250z on Ymir is nothing, and on valk, less than nothing. ("Make mechs better to push more zeny removal"?)

#9 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:45 AM

2) Unable to use any of your non madogear skills. Adrenaline Rush? Maximize Power? HSCR? Useless. None of your 1st and 2nd job skills are useful while using the gear.

doesn't that mean mechanics with mado gear are the ONLY CLASSES who can't use adrenaline rush?

lol

#10 Doddler

Doddler

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1035 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:03 AM

Those really are horrible...

1) Can you still pot? Don't they give you some other option to recover hp?

You can pot, and you can use the repair skill on yourself or another madogear, but heal will fail or heal for 0.

2) You'd think they'd at least let you use the self-buffs....

You'd think... I can see the reasoning for making only gear skills work while using the gear, but it's terribly unproductive and nerfs them pretty bad. You can still receive adrenaline rush from a secondary smith, you just can't cast it yourself. You might even be able to use a kafra scroll to cast it, but you can't use it normally.

3) could be fixed by just making it more widely available, if we couldn't make it stay on death...

If there were a better way to get a gear, then it wouldn't be bad. Like an item or something. Sieging with the gear, or going to endless tower or something is almost entirely unreasonable.

4) So emergency cool is broken/bugged? Or ineffective but working as intended?

Emergency Cool resets your hidden 'heat' counter. You can generally be hit maybe 100-200 times before you overheat, depending on your mainframe level. I think it slowly decreases, and emergency cool lowers it substantially. However, if you overheat you start to constantly take damage every few seconds, and using emergency cool does nothing to stop it. In fact, you have to re-log to remove overheat status, because it never seems to end.

5) Not a big deal - we need zeny removed from economy. 250z on Ymir is nothing, and on valk, less than nothing. ("Make mechs better to push more zeny removal"?)

I guess that's true. It's ok for some skills, it's dumb for others. For example, Back Slide, which is more or less the same as the thief skill, costs fuel to use. I think it's more annoying that fuel takes 3 weight each.

#11 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:37 AM

You can pot, and you can use the repair skill on yourself or another madogear, but heal will fail or heal for 0.

You'd think... I can see the reasoning for making only gear skills work while using the gear, but it's terribly unproductive and nerfs them pretty bad. You can still receive adrenaline rush from a secondary smith, you just can't cast it yourself. You might even be able to use a kafra scroll to cast it, but you can't use it normally.

If there were a better way to get a gear, then it wouldn't be bad. Like an item or something. Sieging with the gear, or going to endless tower or something is almost entirely unreasonable.

Emergency Cool resets your hidden 'heat' counter. You can generally be hit maybe 100-200 times before you overheat, depending on your mainframe level. I think it slowly decreases, and emergency cool lowers it substantially. However, if you overheat you start to constantly take damage every few seconds, and using emergency cool does nothing to stop it. In fact, you have to re-log to remove overheat status, because it never seems to end.

I guess that's true. It's ok for some skills, it's dumb for others. For example, Back Slide, which is more or less the same as the thief skill, costs fuel to use. I think it's more annoying that fuel takes 3 weight each.

1) Okay, so it's not a disaster i guess....

3) Yeah, that's crazy. It's like they just didn't think it through and had never played RO.

4) AAh, i see. So, we need overheat status to be able to be canceled - could this be done by giving it a finite duration, so it will run out (and if you're still overheated, immediately reapplied)? - and ideally a way to see that hidden heat level (this will almost certainly be done through some client addon if it's not implemented in the client, i suspect)

5) Uh, yes, if you'd said every skill took 3 weight each, i'd have recognized the gravity of the situation immediately.
That's really really bad. At least that's an easier fix, just lighten the fuel until testing reveals that it's acceptable.

#12 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:44 AM

Sorry if it seems as if I am being an angry and disagreeable person, but the class very much does need to be addressed.

Axe Boomerang - Spear Boomerang + Spear Stab with like a five second cool down. This might be reasonable if it were a second class skill.

Power Swing - As I ranted about before, another goddamn stun, does pathetic damage, and casts a useless skill. Should have been a quest skill implemented five years ago.

Axe Tornado - It's a decent skill, but the cooldown prevents it from being really useful. Again, would have been nice to have as a trans skill maybe. For max damage, it requires a wind property weapon, which is a questionable limitation that seems to have been put on there because someone in Korea thought it would have been cool.

Fire Earth Research - This would have been good pre-renewal when everyone leveled in Thors, now it's just uhm... yeah. It's a place to put skill points I guess.

Axe Mastery - What we lost in Weaponry Research was basically put here instead, only applicable only to axes.

I haven't gotten to test much any of the mado skills yet, but the axe ones seem to be mostly rejects from when second class characters were being designed. I don't think anyone would really complain if they were given at the transcendence stage, and some of them really ought to be second class skills or quest skills or something; none of them are worthy of third class skills.

I mean, Dragon's Breath, have you seen that -_-? Too bad I have to kill myself to make people die of anything other than laughter.

#13 Carlossus

Carlossus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:00 AM

This is a silly question but I also haven't tested Mado stuff yet as I cant find where to get the mado! Can anyone guide me in right direction please?

So far, like Sera, I've been stuck testing axe skills, which as I mentioned elsewhere was the route I was hoping to go on mains. Trouble is everything Sera said above I agree fully with. With Axe tornado being the only ok-ish skill, I see no reason to even become a mech. If the base level cap for 2nd classes was also 150 I'd prob stick with MS to 150 and wait and see if a better class comes along -_-

#14 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:02 AM

They'd be a lot better if you could use the Axe skills with maces, instead of just axes. The axe selection is pretty meagre.... And like, isn't a mace more appropriate anyway? Like, a blacksmith-y person, working at the forge, pounding a piece of red-hot steel... the thing their hitting it with... is it blunt, like a mace? Or is it sharp, like an axe? Unless they're trying to fling searing hot pieces of steel around their forge, setting stuff on fire in the process, it's blunt. They're using a hammer. You know, there was a norse god who used a hammer too. He called it "Mjolnir". Which is a mace class weapon. Why are mechanics not allowed to use their iconic weapon (and the class of weapon that 90% of players used pre-renewal) with their new skills?

I think the question to ask is, would it be game-breaking if all the mechanic axe-exclusive skills were made axe+mace exclusive, like smiths were previously able to do (with AR and weapon-damaging skills as non-trans/trans)?

I'm inclined to think that the answer to this is no....

Edited by DrAzzy, 14 September 2010 - 10:04 AM.

#15 Ghost007

Ghost007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:03 AM

http://web.hc.keio.a...skill4/mcn.html

Best mechanice skill tree

#16 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:16 AM

Mado gear is gotten from the soldier just to the south of the fountain. Fuel and such is sold inside the Prontera weapon shop.

Mechanic Dev: "So if they can't forge, can't upgrade, can't support, and can't deal the damage, what do you want me to do about it?"

Head dev: "Just go kill yourself."

ten minutes later...

Mechanic Dev: "I've got a great idea for a skill!"

Edited by Sera, 14 September 2010 - 10:16 AM.

#17 Carlossus

Carlossus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:18 AM

cheers, much obliged!

#18 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:30 AM

so let me sum it up... copying /quoting some stuff of this Thread for better reading -_- :

Axe Stuff:
- Kind of bad unless it works with Maces, then it's average and more fun to play.

Mado Gear Build:
There are a few specific "disadvantages" that only exist for the MadoMechanic and have no real "advantages" about it at all:
- Mado suit goes away after death and have to go back to town if you die or your build is COMPLETLY useless. (dying knights don't lose their peocs..)
- Mastersmith / Merchant skills aren't usable if you are in the Mado suit.
- Increase Agi can't be cast on Mechanic, but Acceleration doesn't add Agi. (it's far worse than Wind Walker + costs a fuel)
- Overheats when taking too much damage, but there's no real advantage in tanking, and you can't see what the heat status is.
- you can't be healt by Priests
- Most gear skills require fuel / other supplies to use, which costs a lot and are heavy, but there's no weight limit bonus or zeny gain skill.

Skills / General:

- Most Skills are rather weak compared to other 3rd class skills but mechanic can't be healt and overheats so it's not a great tank either.
- Forging didn't get buffed (possible changes: add new elements and lower item cost, add slot, higher success rate when being a mechanic, higher bonus when ranked)
- Weaponry Research doesn't add Hit anymore
- Emergency Cool skill doesn't work as it should
- Vulcan Arm is completely pointless. Even with 120 dex and 120 strength, it did 2500 damage and had a horrible re-use delay, making it weaker than any gunslinger skill to date (except maybe Bullseye). Plus, it's a vulcan. Shouldn't it hit more than once? With the amount of damage it does, it should be between 3 and 5 hits. But you need lv 3 as requirement for Cold Slower
- Flame Launcher is great, but its range isn't nearly as long as the flame you would suggest. You have to be 2 cells away to use it.
- Acceleration should be giving an AGI bonus, as you can't be Agi'd up as a MadoMechanic. It increases walking speed, but other classes don't need to use a magic fuel to do what a priest can do for them.
- Magic Gear inactivates all (any exceptions?) active Merchant and Mastersmith skills.
- Power Swing - does pathetic damage, and casts a useless skill.
- Axe Boomerang - Spear Boomerang + Spear Stab with like a five second cool down.
- Axe Tornado - It's a decent skill, but the cooldown prevents it from being really useful. For max damage, it requires a wind property weapon, which is a questionable limitation.
- Axe Mastery - Only good for axes. Alchemists have that skill too (although a bit lower atk). For a thirdclass, it should work with maces too.
- Analyze I used it but it didn't seem to do anything.
- Hovering doesn't seem to be working against ground target magic

please correct me if you can, i'm sure i got a few things wrong
even if you change ALL of the above things, mechanics won't be overpowered

possible ways to un-nerf (either):

- Make MadoGear a skill, so you can equip / unequip it whenever you like (without too much sp/hp drain) AND make Merch / smith / any other skills NOT disappear when you put MadoGear on.
+ slightly nerf the use of Heal skill on Medogear users
+ Make acceleration stack with agi up (like wind walker) AND add a small bonus to it.

- Make MadoGear NOT disappear when you die and enable the use of Smith+Merch skills when wearing MadoGear.
+ enable the use of Heal skill on Medogear users AND enable the use of Agi Up.
+ Make acceleration stack with agi up (like wind walker) AND add a small bonus to it.

in both ways, BUFF the user's HP and/or Defense and weight limit when putting MadoGear on (if it doesn't do that already?). It's a gear, it should give GREAT defense buffs.

Edited by Susan, 15 September 2010 - 04:53 AM.

#19 Nyroeon

Nyroeon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:00 PM

So let me get this straight... Mechanics are given a skill called Back Slide, which allows you to instantly move backwards 7 cells, and consumes a magic gear fuel. It costs actual zeny and character weight, and is nearly identical to the THIEF CLASS skill Back Slide.

EDIT: Thought you had to be in hover to backslide. My mistake.

First Class skill reused for a Third Class skill. Think about that for a moment.

Gravy is keen on reusing skills, so they gave Genetics a Mastersmith skill, cart boost. Only difference is they significantly buffed the Genetic version of cart boost compared with the Mastersmith version.

Add this on top of the design flaws and bugs for the Mechanic class... I think I'm quitting.

Edited by Nyroeon, 15 September 2010 - 05:02 PM.

#20 MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:29 PM

from the testing ive done in PvP with mech skills is that the best build to incorporate 3rd class skills would be a self-destruct/hscr hybrid, just for the fact that self destruct does do good dmg to people in pvp, i was roughly hitting 100k to a RG, but after that you would have to either bwing and get a new mado or go HSCR everything thats left, which once we can test pile bunker should fix the low dmg since it will bypass all def. magnetic field is the only other good mado skill also, since oyu cna freeze people then self destruct on them is the primary attack plan i use lol. BUT i completely agree to everything that was said above

#21 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:42 PM

and you need accessories swapping left right and center to use any skill /yawn.

#22 MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:10 PM

no you only need to wear the hovering one to use he skill, self destruct button only needs to be in the invetory, unless its a bug

Edited by MrGoodkat, 15 September 2010 - 06:10 PM.

#23 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:06 PM

Shape Shift
Shape Shift: Free Elemental Armor. Too bad it's not really worth using in my opinion, elemental armor is more of a PVM thing anymore, since all it tends to do in PVP is increase the damage you take from something.

Magnetic Field
Magnetic Field: OH GOD THE COOL DOWN ON THIS SKILL IS AWFUL. I may as well be a guild leader and just recall people, it would be faster. After I use it once in PVP, I have to go afk in town for five minutes while I wait for it to come back.
(It actually does have a 5 minute delay by the way)

Suicidal Destruction
Suicidal Destruction: Yes, it looks epic on paper. Yes, it kills things instantly. In practice, it's uninspiring. I was messing around in PVP, was an RK there OHKOing people with clashing spiral, and it didn't take all his SP, nor did it require that he stand right next to the target, nor did it remove his mount after he used it. This skill looks like a really epic way to break a pre-cast in WoE, but after using it a bit, I have a really hard time imagining it could ever be pulled off effectively in a real precast.
You have to make serious stat sacrifices in order to cast it in a timely manner, and doing so will most likely severely hinder any PVM capabilities the character has.
It eats reflect stuff pretty hard too.

HSCR
HSCR seems to deal around 3,000 damage per hit in PVP to Royal Guard while using a diligent Ice Pick and max powerthrust.
Was dealing 5,7k damage per hit in PVP to a third class minstrel using a +7 Diligent Hurricane Fury and no max overthrust.

FAW SILVER SNIPER
Silver Sniper deals <500 damage, usually between 50 to 200 per shot, attacks pretty slowly, gets OHKO'd by anything that looks at it, and quite frankly isn't even worth the steel used to make it.
It can interrupt casts and poslag people, but that's about it.

FAW MAGIC TURRETS
Magic Turrets pop up an annoying window asking you to select the stone you want to use. This is undesirable, but I see no way to bypass it.
I used a fire turret in PVP against two SCs that were shadow forming each other. It missed them 95% of the time. When it did hit, it dealt 1 damage.

ARM CANNON
Arm Cannon actually does appreciable damage. It's like 7k per cast on the various shadow chasers in PVP, about 17k on random monsters.

It seems like it would be good in strings with no WoE reductions applied. Kind of like clashing used to be before this LOL 50K DAMAGE -_-.

HOVER
Hover does not protect third class traps or any ground targetted spells, regardless of the description.

Stealth Field
I do not become invisible.
The range is too small for party members to use effectively.
Party members can be damaged by AoEs, but cannot be targetted by spells.
A party member cannot be uncloaked by Sight, Infrared Scanner, or Improve Concentration.
Ridiculous cooldown time.

Neutral Barrier
The defence bonus on it is not very useful. Reduced incoming damage by about 50.

Grants a small AoE Pneuma effect that moves with the caster.

Flame Launcher
Seems to be pretty decent actually. I would like to get a pile bunker to use in conjuction with it (flamethrower is a shield).
The nice thing about it is that it almost always inflicts the status effect (haven't seen it fail), and that status effect's damage bypasses Shadow Formation. Ignition status deals about 2.6k damage every 3~5 seconds.

Infrared Scan
It's pretty good, I guess. I would get it if I were to WoE on a mado.
It has a cast time and a pretty bad cooldown on it though, so even if it does have a good range, if you don't uncloak them the first time, you're not going to get a second chance.

Back Slide / Front Slide
Some of the best mado skills. Not even kidding.

Cold Slower
Large AoE and quick cast. Damage is about 4k with no strength. The cool down is a bit long, but you should be able to make an escape. I would say this is a primary WoE skill, inflicts frozen and freeze statuses, frozen a bit more often I would say.

What must be equipped?
Yes:
Flamethrower
Camouflage Generator
Suicide Device
No:
Magnetic Field

Edited by Sera, 17 September 2010 - 08:42 PM.

#24 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:21 PM

Shape Shift: Free Elemental Armor. Too bad it's not really worth using in my opinion, elemental armor is more of a PVM thing anymore, since all it tends to do in PVP is increase the damage you take from something.

Magnetic Field: OH GOD THE COOL DOWN ON THIS SKILL IS AWFUL. I may as well be a guild leader and just recall people, it would be faster. After I use it once in PVP, I have to go afk in town for five minutes while I wait for it to come back.

Suicidal Destruction: Yes, it looks epic on paper. Yes, it kills things instantly. In practice, it's uninspiring. I was messing around in PVP, was an RK there OHKOing people with clashing spiral, and it didn't take all his SP, nor did it require that he stand right next to the target, nor did it remove his mount after he used it. This skill looks like a really epic way to break a pre-cast in WoE, but after using it a bit, I have a really hard time imagining it could ever be pulled off effectively in a real precast.
You have to make serious stat sacrifices in order to cast it in a timely manner, and doing so will most likely severely hinder any PVM capabilities the character has.
It eats reflect stuff pretty hard too.

Divest FAW -> Remove FAW
FAW Magic Decoy -> FAW Magic Turret
Shift Shape -> Elemental Shield
Cool Emergency -> Emergency Cooldown
Nuckle Boost -> Knuckle Boost
Front Slide -> Forward Thrusters (I don't know on either of these, skills sound awkward to me all around)
Backslide -> Reverse Thrusters

HSCR seems to deal around 3,000 damage per hit in PVP to Royal Guard while using a diligent Ice Pick and max powerthrust.
Was dealing 5,7k damage per hit in PVP to a third class minstrel using a +7 Diligent Hurricane Fury and no max overthrust.

Silver Sniper deals <500 damage, usually between 50 to 200 per shot, attacks pretty slowly, gets OHKO'd by anything that looks at it, and quite frankly isn't even worth the steel used to make it.
It can interrupt casts and poslag people, but that's about it.

Magic Turrets pop up an annoying window asking you to select the stone you want to use. This is undesirable, but I see no way to bypass it.

Arm Cannon's area of effect does not seem to change with level used.

Arm Cannon actually does appreciable damage. It's like 7k per cast on the various shadow chasers in PVP, about 17k on random monsters.

Hover does not protect against Manhole.

sera, love these posts. honestly thought that mado gear mechanics were going to be a severe powerhouse in renewal defensively and offensively. now i see it as a totally useless class as i never could see. wow... who thought of this for a freakin ff3 copycat looking suit? also job quest is wrong (says go left you go right, right you go left, sounds like my mother) and and the quest buggs if you use the valk more than once. i am really dissapointed in RO for this class. worth less than a gunslinger

#25 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:05 AM

By the way, I'm updating this as I go.

Going to bed right now, but tomorrow I plan to do more testing with some of the axe skills and some more of the mado skills that I feel I don't quite understand yet.

Tests being done with a build roughly similar to this one (this has higher luck than some of the others I've been using)
Posted Image

That level of dexterity is pretty much the minimum necessary to pull off skills.

All tests done on Shadow Chasers unless otherwise stated.

Some of the gear could be better, I realize that, but there is no way in hell I am going to be realistically wearing a Porcellio in WoE. Should probably be an unfrozen in WoE or something.

It is pretty fun to randomly self destruct in PVP for no clear reason and watch like five shadow chasers uncloak and keel over dead. Too bad you can't do jack after you use the skill unless you eat a ygg and ram people for next to nothing.

Doddler said somewhere else that mechanics are great in strings because they don't have cast times for many of their skills. What he neglects to mention is that the 'good' skills all have a cast time or require you to be standing right next to the enemy (ie, not in strings).

Edited by Sera, 16 September 2010 - 12:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users