Auto-cast stackings and conflicts - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Auto-cast stackings and conflicts

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:39 PM

Ugh I dunno where to put this post o.o but you guys are so friendly and been helping me out so much so...here's another one xD

I've been searching through alot but people have been saying different things...so I want to ask and have a definite answer here before I ruin my elemental sword by putting on the wrong cards lol ><

1) Does Double-Attack override with auto-casts? Meaning, if I equip a dagger with Bloody Knight and it activates with Double-Attack at the same time, does both go off or only Double-Attack? (I read from somewhere that Double-attack is an auto-cast Skill, meaning it is not considered as a normal attack that can proc auto-casts)

2) If double-attack does not override or conflict with auto-casts, then does the double-attack count as 1 attack (x2 damage) or 2 attacks, which in this case can proc an auto-cast twice?

3) Can auto-cast skills with the same condition but different level get auto-cast at the same time? To my knowledge, alchemy glove's lv5 fireball will not go off at the same time with kasa card's lv5 fireball. However, would the mutant dragonoid card's lv3 fireball go off at the same time as alchemy glove's lv5 fireball?

4) Alchemy glove can proc lv5 fireball with BOTH physical and magical attacks. Does this mean auto-cast magical attacks can also trigger alchemy glove's lv5 fireball? What about Shadow Chaser's ASS magical attacks? (Same question for Isilla card - do auto-cast or ASS trigger the 50% cast-time reduction).

5) Is Shadow Chaser's ASS a different kind of auto-cast from auto-cast cards/equips? From my understanding it is - ASS cannot be triggered by reflection damage (like from valk mant), but auto-cast cards/equips can trigger from it. Does this mean ASS lv5 fireball and alchemy glove lv5 fireball can go off at the same time, not affecting each other?

I know some these questions like #4 is complicated xD but I'm planning to get an Elemental sword with mutant dragonoid, bloody knight, and sidewinder(if double attack does not conflict)/zakudam card on it. Alchemy glove with wind ghost card, RoFL, and salamander valk mant. Some of these are pretty costly and I don't want to see any conflicts between them and wasting bunch of money xD

Thanks!!!!!

#2 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:06 AM

1)I dont think it cancels out, but annaquin seemed to think so (lol). havent actually tested though.

2) counts as 1 attack

3) no. Kasa overrides mutant (and RoFL for that matter) alchemist glove is a different proc condition so it works with pretty much anything.

4) anything can trigger it. including but not limited to: meteors from ifrit mask/DL boots, EACH bolt from elemental sword, firewall, a 2nd alchemist glove (its coded differently to other autocast items i think, a 2nd one doesnt cancel the first)

5) correct. the meteors from AS can trigger fireballs, given how many meteors are dropping fireball goes off pretty regularly.

As for gears, skip bloody knight, sidewinder and mutant. Use a RoFL if you can, or two alchemist gloves. Your much better off to put +10% matk racial cards into elemental sword than those things. Personally i'd go for two alchemist gloves, the output from autocasts is pretty small in comparison with AS MS. Also windghost would be annoying since it'll knock stuff well away from you

Edited by Hrothmund, 17 April 2012 - 05:07 AM.

#3 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:37 PM

Hmm I see. But why not mutant dragonoid card? I probably cannot afford 3 zakudam cards, only 2. So would a double zakudam card+mutant work well on an elemental sword? I would probably copy a lv10 fireball, so lv10fireball goes off instead of lv3.

2 Alchemy gloves are also a pretty good idea - the only reason I'm getting wind ghost card is that it doesn't have the push-back effect in WoE. Although I'm not gonna achieve anything with that build LOL. What other cards are good in alchemy glove then?

Thanks alot for ur input ^^

#4 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:24 PM

I can't really think of any, i have a teleport one and an empty one.

with elemental sword, tbh i'd just leave a slot empty rather than put mutant in. The main reason is it cancels with RoFL (if you use that instead of 2nd alchy glove). RoFL has a much higher proc rate, also the BB from it can be quite damaging.

In a woe situation, i really dont know lol. Later on theres cards that inflict nasty statuses via magic attacks, so i'd probably use a quad MG with those heh. i'd probably still stick with ror+rofl+ sonic blow cancel (via injustice) since that way you'd kill people occasionally. Can be a fun distraction with EDP crit GX if you have a bryn on.

#5 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

Wait, when you mean by the two alchemy gloves don't conflict with each other, it means that both gloves are proc'ed seperately from each other, meaning in 1 melee attack you can proc both glove#1 and glove#2 at the same time, right? It's not stacking, but individuals.

I also heard that dark priest card could transfer through AS storm gusts, EACH bolt from elemental sword, etc (every damage output). Is this true? Because if it is....I might put 1 in elemental sword and melt people's sp down o.o

#6 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:13 AM

well, equipping two alchemy gloves and removing one doesnt cancel the fireball effect so im guessing its like "+ xx atk for 10 seconds" or "chance to do 193 aspd for X seconds" where you can have multiple individual procs.

I did a test just ctrl-clicking for 1000 attacks with one then two achemy gloves, there wasnt much difference in the overall result but would probably need a sample in the 10k's to get an accurate picture.

I doubt the dark priest thing, but i'll test that later today.

#7 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:31 AM

I see. I'm mostly having 2 gloves for the total +20% increase damage for fire element attacks. I even had an idea putting a marine sphere card in one of them, as magnum break increases another +20% for all fire-related attacks for 10 seconds - this is especially good for fireball and ASS meteor storm, as it would give off a total of +40% fire elemental damage. However, I know there's a new card coming out that +20matk on an accessory - this is probably far superior to the +20% fire elemental damage from magnum break. I don't know when the big card patch is coming tho and how much it would cost when it comes out ^^

#8 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:39 AM

surprisingly yes, dark priest does work for magic attacks. just drained my HP in a few seconds with fireblend + quad draining MG.

As for magnum break, that adds 20% physical fire damage to your physical attacks, so wont work with magic

#9 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:24 AM

Oh ok after reading irowiki about magnum break 2394029 times finally understood it lol.

Did you mean drained all your SP in few seconds? Could you tell me your stats of the assassin you used to attack (6 stats and aspd), and also the 6 stats of the person you were attacking? I remember reading that dark priest although it's 0.5% activating chance, the proc is still not a 100% rate of draining 10% max sp, the person being attacked can resist it through stats. In a few seconds also sound amazing o.o I don't know anything about assassins but when you equip both fireblend+quad draining MG, does the MG also carry the 10% proc rate of firing lv3 firebolts? Lol makes me feel Shadow chaser can't use dark priest effectively at all compared to assassin, even with 2834934 different magic procs, reason below...
Btw do you know how Dark Priest Card stacks ? Like 4 cards = 2% rate 40% max sp shred, or 4 individual procs of 0.5% rate 10% max sp?

For my elemental sword, with 1 dark priest card on it, to calculate the time to effectively drain 100% of someone's sp:
Just say the 0.5% proc is a 100% rate of draining, then it's about 200hits/drain. Elemental sword has a 5% chance to proc 12 bolts, so about 20 hits would give 12 bolts. Let's say it procs at the end - so elemental sword @ 20th attack would give (20+12) = 32 hits. I would most likey ASS meteor storm, with ASS lv10 it would proc at 15%, so (20*0.15) = 3 times. Let's say 3/4 meteors of lv5 meteor storm hits, so (3 procs*3meteors*3hits) = 27 hits. IF one alchemy glove gives 5% physical+magical proc rate for fireball, then (20basic+27magic)=59 hits would proc ((59*0.05=2.95))= 2.95 fireballs, lets say im lucky so 3 hits. My aspd is on average, without modifers, buffs, and potions, at 178aspd, so 2 attacks/sec. Therefore, I would reach 62 hits per 20 attacks in 10 seconds. To reach 200 hits, I would need about a little more than 32 seconds to drain 10% max sp. 100% max sp drain would take more than five minutes.

However, if my alicel hat procs - which gives me 7attacks/sec(??), it would only take 9 seconds to drain 10% max sp, and 1.5min to drain 100% max sp.
Too complicated to put the % of alicel proc into the equation lol, i'm not even sure if alicel hat is 2% or 5% proc rate.

Lol. It would differ ALOT if dark priest card stacks (and how it stacks) - because I would probably do a 3 dark priest elemental sword, and people might cry seeing such a sword wasted -_- LOL
and sorry for the long post =x

Edited by michaeleeli, 20 April 2012 - 01:24 AM.

#10 kentoriyama

kentoriyama

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:43 AM

good info here. thanks

#11 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:41 AM

They stack. I use a quadruple Dark Priest bow on my wanderer.

But the way it stacks is:

Rate keeps 5% (or 0.5%, there is wiki conflicts right here), SP vanished increases by 10% per card. So yeah, my rainstorm attacks vanish up 40% max SP of the target.

I just don't use it much because the damage must connect to make the effect work. This does not happen much to post-balance SR anymore. Lots of "miss" raise up due to the damage in WOE being [very close to / or] zero.

Maybe I can "solve" this by getting a better bow.

#12 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

yeah i tested two quad soul draining MG's on my GX with poison knife skill, its definitely 0.5% proc rate. having said that, if you can trigger alicel hat 4% chance to drain 80% of targets sp is pretty devastating at 193 aspd :D

I would imagine a shadow chaser using a quad MG with AS meteor could cause similar annoyances esp to sura's.

I'm not aware of the effect being able to be resisted, i think its like gloria domini etc

#13 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

Btw, has anyone tested Lord of Vermilion + Dark Priest Card? lol, LoV hits 40times/4sec. It's actually 4 waves each divided into 10 equally, so the damage is not calculated individually, but is it still count as "40 hits", each hit with a chance to activate Dark Priest Card? Because if so.....I can spam the crap out of LoV lv1 and get like 23403249 hits in a short time =)))))))

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users