General Forum Rules of Conduct
Threads will be locked if the CM Team feels that the thread's content contains useful information, the discussion has come to a conclusion and further discussion would no longer benefit from further conversation or if a topic has become overrun with flames or unconstructive posts.
Threads may also be locked for reasons not detailed here. An explanation for a thread being locked is not required to be posted by the CM Team. If you wish to inquire to a post being locked you may submit a message to the CM Team regarding the post. Do not repost locked threads. Reposting locked threads will be deleted with the possibility of account suspension pending the thread's topic.
- Abuse on the forums will not be tolerated.
No flaming, harassing, abusive language, swearing or abbreviations of such words, personal attacks, racial attacks, religious attacks, ethnic attacks, or sexual related insults and slang. This includes linking to sources outside that content such content.
- Flaming is considered attacking another users or users in a vulgar, harsh or with the use of personal attacks.
- Personal attacks like such are not tolerated
- EX: "You are stupid and a complete moron, please stop being a [censored]"
- If any of the above show up in any post or via PM then a warning will be issued and if the abuse continues the forum account will be suspended. No character assassination threads.
- Any posts that singles out a player to issue a slanderous comment regarding an issue that started in-game will be removed from the general view without any warning. Continued posting such slander will be considered as ongoing harassment and will not be tolerated by the moderation staff. If an issue regarding the abuse of a in-game rules happens then that abuse and situation needs to be reported via the appropriate channels such as the Submit a Ticket system. If you feel that the use of the Submit a Ticket System has not provided a sufficient or timely response, you may submit the report via PM to the Community Managers via the forums. Public posting of such matters is regarded as an attempt to slander and will not be tolerated.
- Any attacks against the forum moderators or employees of Gravity Interactive, Inc. will not be allowed. If you disagree with an action taken on the forums by a moderator, you can send a complaint to Community Managers via PM to be reviewed.
- Censorship Posts.
Topics regarding forum censorship will be removed. All content posted on the forums will be allowed/removed at the discretion of the Community Managers. The posts will be removed and a warning given to the poster. Any further posting about the topic by the poster will be considered spam and the forum account would be banned from accessing the forums.
- No Spamming, Thread Bumping or Thread Necroing.
Bumping threads will not be tolerated. If no community posts have been applied to a topic then consider the topic dead. Any bumping or spamming of threads to keep the thread in active view will be considered a violation of the forum rules. This does not apply to Buy/Sell sections of the forums, a thread maybe bumped 1 time per every 12 hours in the Buy/Sell sections of the forums.
- Necroing of a thread means to post in a thread, which has not been posted in over a week, and without providing new information. If you feel you can contribute to the conversation and add new information or feedback, please post.
- Don't be a troll.
- Bad Word Filter.
Any attempt to circumvent the forum bad word filter will not be tolerated including posting avatars, forum names or signatures that contain a word that is censored by the bad word filter. Modification of words or the use of abbreviations is considered a suspend able offense.
- Inappropriate Images
Do not post images on the forums that can be insulting; promote adult behavior and activities; suggestive actions; violence; and/or pornography. What you think may be funny, may not be to others especially to the moderators
- Staff Impersonations
Attempting to pass off as a Gravity representative or any other forum member will be punished by a permanent ban.
This includes deleting of GM/CM edits made to posts using Mod voice
- Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt
Attempting to spread fear, uncertainty and doubt on the forums will not be tolerated. Creating false rumors and information will lead to disciplinary action.
- Advertising/Malicious Links
We do not allow the promotion of a referral website, phishing website or other malicious links. This also includes threads that intentionally promote (“advertise”) non-Warpportal games.
This also includes advertising/discussion of non-warpportal MMORPGs. These threads will be removed without warning.*
*Off-topic section is open for discussion on console games, as well as other non-MMO titles. But advertising is not allowed.
- No Petitioning.
Petitioning for game features, additions, updates, or website and forum changes are not tolerated. Such posts will be removed without warning. The forums contains a Proposal section that maybe used to post your ideas, but creating petitions for others to sign is considered another form of "bumping".
- No 'Or Else!' threads.
Threads posted in manner that is considered as combative or with the intent to pick fights will be removed without notice. If you have a question that has not be given an answer by one of the moderators or a member of the GM Team, there is a reason for that or there is no answer currently available to be given for the answer. Please understand that if the issue is serious in nature, then we will make every attempt to obtain an answer in a timely manner; however this may not always be possible for all situations. Such posts will be removed without notice if no answer can be given.
- Topics of quitting
Threads stating the decision to quit the game for whatever reason will be removed. If you choose to leave the WarpPortal community, please feel free to submit your reasons for leaving so that your feedback may be used to better our titles and pass your messages of farewell to your friends and Guild Members in-game.
- No Proxy Posting.
Posting on behalf of a suspended user is not allowed. Posting to appeal or complain on behalf of other users will not be allowed. If they have an issue then they should use the correct channels to discuss the topic.
- No Conspiracy Threads.
Threads with groundless claims about Gravity Interactive, Inc. or any of its employees acting in coalition with or granting special favors to any group or single player will be removed with notice.
- No Rule Circumvention threads.
Any thread subject or discussion determined to be seen as an attempt to find a loophole in any of the game rules or forum rules which would otherwise be seen as against forum or game policy, whether it be specific rule or spirit of such, will be removed.
- No Legal Action threads.
Using the forums or PMs for encouraging, promoting, endorsing, or inciting any kind of legal action against anyone is strictly prohibited. Such content will be removed, and the author's posting privileges will be permanently suspended.
- No posting of sales or trades of item mall items for in-game or real currency.
Due to a high possibility of player scamming the posting of threads in which items are to be purchased from the item mall and then sold to player's in-game for Gold or for real currency will not be allowed. Threads will be locked and warned or removed and continued action will result in the forum account to be blocked.
- Posting regarding rumors of future content or game updates may or may not be removed based on content.
Future content will be moderated by the Community Managers and posts on this topic have a high chance to be removed if its content is not from Official Gravity sources or discussions. Please keep in mind that the content from illegal servers or other version may vary from the content that you will see here.
- No posting of services for monetary trade.
Advertising services offered through the forums will not be allowed. You may trade ingame items for Item mall items but you cannot ask for payment in points.
(Example: You may not offer to create signatures or avatars for real money, donations or otherwise!)
(Example: You may not offer to sell in-game items for real money, donations or otherwise!)
(Example: You may not offer in-game services for real money or WP Points.)
- No Ban Dodging.
Players who have been banned from the forums temporarily or permanently must serve the sentence of the ban. Posting/creating new forum accounts while banned will lead to all your forum accounts being permanently banned for ban dodging.
- No Fake WarpPortal Accounts
Creating Fake WarpPortal accounts for the purpose of posting ill-mannered or illegal topics on the forums will not be tolerated. Accounts created solely to allow players to hide their "real" accounts from staff to prevent disciplinary matters will also not be tolerated and is ground for immediate suspension to the forums. WP accounts are here to make your organization of WP titles easier and allow you one unified voice, not for the purpose of trolling.
All of the preceding has been stated for consideration to all aspects of the forum including the signatures, avatars, posts, comments, (including Status messages) and any links that may be posted.
Please be aware that this is a general guide to conduct on our forums. Reasons beyond the boundaries established here may be given for the suspension of any account.
**How to give Feedback**
Feedback is one of the most desirable things we can get regarding a game, whether it is in beta or live play, however certain aspects of giving feedback may need further illumination.
- Stating "I like XXX aspect of the game but wish it was altered/enhanced this way" gives us a very precise information on what the issue is as well as an idea of what a possible solution would be.
- Stating "This xxx feature isn't working well and I think it would be better if yyyyy happened" also gives precise information.
- Stating "This game is just like xxxxx game but isn't fullfilling my needs" provides us no information on what the problem is as a loose correlation that a user thinks the game is sort of like another game.
Just making Griping or Flaming posts offer no feedback, solutions, or ability have a conversation about the issue as it is one opinion that can only be responded to with another opinion of opposition which usually leads to arguments which isn't productive for anyone.
Most suggestion/idea threads will get moved to appropriate sections so they are all together for other testers to see and offer constructive feedback. Ones that are not feedback may be removed.