• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Neenja

Neenja

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:28 AM

I'm pretty sure i will get bashed for even starting this thread, but hey.. servers are down, lets start a discussion -_-

Having played irose beta, a lot has changed. This game has gone entirely carebear.

We brought up how the new party exp system kind of made most parts of the map (game) useless. Wanna play narose? Heres a quick guide:

AOE at Aquakings.
AOE at Forest.
AOE at Krawfies.
AOE at GobCaves or OT.
AOE at DOD.
AOE at FT or Prison.
215. hooray!

Parts of the map that I remember being packed (actually, every single place was packed) are now deserted. Gorge is a ghost town. Luna is a ghost town. Many other places too. The way the system has changed, I feel has pushed players and the game itself into one direction.

We were talking about how being a high level player was so much more sweeter back then, mainly because leveling actually took time and dedication. For those of you that never played the older roses, party exp was actually either shared or split depending on level of player. Now in NARose, everyone in the party gets the same amount of EXP for killing the same monster. Thus, making it insanely easier to level.

To be honest, a lot may say this is better. But, in my own opinion, I have found myself to get bored already. I'm in no way trying to bash NARose at no means. I just want every ones opinions on how the game runs now and days.

Ehh theres more I wanted to discuss but I forgot -_-

#2 jayhammy

jayhammy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationSkaaj

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:36 AM

I'm pretty sure i will get bashed for even starting this thread, but hey.. servers are down, lets start a discussion -_-

Having played irose beta, a lot has changed. This game has gone entirely carebear.

We brought up how the new party exp system kind of made most parts of the map (game) useless. Wanna play narose? Heres a quick guide:

AOE at Aquakings.
AOE at Forest.
AOE at Krawfies.
AOE at GobCaves or OT.
AOE at DOD.
AOE at FT or Prison.
215. hooray!

Parts of the map that I remember being packed (actually, every single place was packed) are now deserted. Gorge is a ghost town. Luna is a ghost town. Many other places too. The way the system has changed, I feel has pushed players and the game itself into one direction.

We were talking about how being a high level player was so much more sweeter back then, mainly because leveling actually took time and dedication. For those of you that never played the older roses, party exp was actually either shared or split depending on level of player. Now in NARose, everyone in the party gets the same amount of EXP for killing the same monster. Thus, making it insanely easier to level.

To be honest, a lot may say this is better. But, in my own opinion, I have found myself to get bored already. I'm in no way trying to bash NARose at no means. I just want every ones opinions on how the game runs now and days.

Ehh theres more I wanted to discuss but I forgot :(

yeah..
quite dissapointed about this...
player can max for only two weeks(maybe less than that)
i played ROSE 4 years ago...
it takes more than a month to lvl up to 30.
if u got carts,u are hero to eveyone..
-_-

#3 Neenja

Neenja

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:43 AM

agreed. i came back roughly 1 month ago and i was shocked to max out my char SO fast.

gear is just not as precious anymore either. i remember hitting a high enough level to wear my black shadow mage gear back in the day, refined it and i felt on top of the world (as far as gaming goes lol). but now, you get gear, you wear it for roughly 10-15 mins and then it gets dumped because youre already high enough level to wear something better. goes the same for weapons.

#4 NinjaOfBlades

NinjaOfBlades

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:47 AM

yeah..
quite dissapointed about this...
player can max for only two weeks(maybe less than that)
i played ROSE 4 years ago...
it takes more than a month to lvl up to 30.
if u got carts,u are hero to eveyone..
-_-

that right there.... was the good freaking days.. beta came out the day i was supposed to get cart (already did quest) and it was so peaceful too

#5 Wirts

Wirts

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:51 AM

You must be talking about several years ago - not to long ago leveling was much faster than it is currently.

I'm not sure what to make of the rest of your post... did you ask a question? -_-

Goblin Caves, Gorge, Luna, and Oblivion Temple are all ghost towns because through out that entire level range you can get better exp in DoD.

I think the biggest difference in what you are talking about - is just the various stages that an online rpg goes through. Early on in it's life people still use the content in the early levels - once it is established the content focus shifts to late game or end game.

The meaning or importance of having a high level character is only significant in the early stages of a game's life. Sorry - but I don't think there is anything you can do to get that back -_-

#6 jayhammy

jayhammy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationSkaaj

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:53 AM

agreed. i came back roughly 1 month ago and i was shocked to max out my char SO fast.

gear is just not as precious anymore either. i remember hitting a high enough level to wear my black shadow mage gear back in the day, refined it and i felt on top of the world (as far as gaming goes lol). but now, you get gear, you wear it for roughly 10-15 mins and then it gets dumped because youre already high enough level to wear something better. goes the same for weapons.

now,u shouldnt refine anything until u reach 215...
hmm
i thnk it mght get dumped too as they wanted to increase the max lvl wth a new armour..
-_-

#7 Neenja

Neenja

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:00 PM

nah, no questions at all. just saying, the devs and gms have implemented new things that actually ended up making existing things in-game obsolete. was just trying to make a point of how carebear this game has become. someone mentioned in an older thread that if you want something carebear, we should just go play neopets. that made me lol because i honestly feel its slowly becoming that.

#8 Neenja

Neenja

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:02 PM

that right there.... was the good freaking days.. beta came out the day i was supposed to get cart (already did quest) and it was so peaceful too

-_-

the only way you can honestly understand my original post is if you played during the beta days. again, not trying to bash. of course there are good and bad things that have changed.. NARose has done an outstanding job on the GUI alone. i just dont really agree on a few of the changes they made.

#9 jayhammy

jayhammy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationSkaaj

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:06 PM

it will be much better if they changed Junon Cty,Zant,Xita,etc to be a PvP fields..
-_-

#10 Neenja

Neenja

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:09 PM

haha i agree, might as well make the entire game pvp.

the ability to dual client, in my opinion, also killed the game. at first, i thought it was awesome.. but slowly starting to realize it has pretty much killed the fun for me.

#11 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:09 PM

You must be talking about several years ago - not to long ago leveling was much faster than it is currently.

I'm not sure what to make of the rest of your post... did you ask a question? -_-

Goblin Caves, Gorge, Luna, and Oblivion Temple are all ghost towns because through out that entire level range you can get better exp in DoD.

I think the biggest difference in what you are talking about - is just the various stages that an online rpg goes through. Early on in it's life people still use the content in the early levels - once it is established the content focus shifts to late game or end game.

The meaning or importance of having a high level character is only significant in the early stages of a game's life. Sorry - but I don't think there is anything you can do to get that back -_-

^

This, in the beginning or beta versions of mmorps the game will be fun because there are lots of people playing ( given its fun gameplay and no constant DC), some even just visit beta's then leave never to try the game again. There are maps/kings to explore, items and skill to learn it all seems so much. Then after some years most thing have been tried and done. So the new feeling vanishes and late game stuff becomes more important.

Still some people keep lvln at dod from 90-160 which I dont understand, they miss half the game playing in that map, dont get drops for the a big part of their lvln to 215 and dont realize that oblivion temple quests and MCs in luna temple give good exp as well. 70s lvls in the same map, yay thats alot of fun >.<, true its nice exp, but past 130-140 you should really move on. Then when they exit they dod style lvln and dont know about MC or OT or prison for that matter... lol they cry that lvln past 150 is sooo slow.

I do feel they maybe could change something to merit lvln in luna again, as atm its just deserted. Only people I see there are farmers/ lost people/ loners looking for the meager scraps of exp. Luna Temple MC's are nice but that leaves out alot of maps that are almost empty.

The same exp thing in parties did make it easier to lvl but they could always just tune down the exp gain from monsters... In a way it did help parties as before that you had to wait and hope someone would party you and found you to be skilled enough/ good equip to merit entry, otherwise you would just slow the lvln down.

On her question of how you keep the boredom away :( well sometimes you don't and just log off. Maybe start a dif char, set yourself a goal for a certain item/unique, make noobs to lvl to 50 on kings then delete them. You could gear all your noobs in leg armor with good subs if you just keep it up. Do union wars, do union quest, do the quests in general and actually read the story line to follow whats happening on all the planets. The fate quest is nice for this, so are all the second job quest texts but this ofcourse only works once.

#12 Jordys

Jordys

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:29 PM

Ok, after a break for more then 1,5 years I returned to the World of Rose. Started on the new server so I could start al over again.

First thing I saw was 1 channel. I was used to 3, but ok, most of the time the channels collapsed and now I didnt had one major dc. So i understand that the other 2 channnels are gone.

The second thing that got my attention was the new AVP, I love the map, and with this change no harm was done.

After levelling to 80 like the good old days, my time for DoD came. I know DoD is PvP, and im not complaining about people over lvl200 there PK-ing all, but i do complain about the fact that a lvl 160 still gets good xp in de middle. I always thought that when mobs went blue, the xp dropped like hell.

After reading the forums again, I see the lvl strategie is changed alot. I even saw a guy telling he was in Dod from 75 untill 159 and only new the MC besides that. Is he playing Rose or is he just lvling a puppet? Does he know about the penguins? The butchers in Shady Jungle?

What is the reason for this game ruïning change? Why do we all need to be in dod, MC or prison to get some nice xp?
Even luring the gold Yetis isnt fun anymore just because a single pumpkin in dod brings in more xp.

Im over 120 now, and running around in Eldeon is useless for me. Why? Because that same stupid pumpkin in DoD still gives more xp.

#13 Robb

Robb

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:10 AM

I have to say i agree with the previous post and the thread starter. I've done as many of the quests as i can up to 121 but i always have to go back to DoD to really get anywhere. I was hoping that the Oblivion Temple would change things but at my level it's not really feasible to do the quests alone and there's no chance of getting a party because there's no-one else there! The same was true on Luna but at least there it was possible (if a little lonely) to solo the quests. I've heard that the next real change comes with the Prison... yay... although i still have to spend the next 20 lvls in DoD to have any chance of getting there.

Would be nice if the maps and the progression through them was a little more balanced. I would avoid DoD myself if it was possible to do other mid-level zones such as Oblivion or Forgotten Temple in a party. As it is i guess i'll be back there tomorrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users