Unable to Install Ragnarok Online - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Unable to Install Ragnarok Online

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 aznNRG

aznNRG

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:38 AM

Hi guys,
ive got a problem i cant seem to install ragnarok online. I have 2 drives, Cdrive and Fdrive.
the program keeps trying to install onto Cdrive, even if i try install it onto Fdrive

does anyone know what problem it is?

i am running windows 7.

thank you

#2 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:41 AM

This problem occurs due to the installer's poor programming. The easiest solution is to manually install the client. Another possible solution is to temporarily change the location of Windows's temporary folder to that of a folder on another volume.

To manually install the Ragnarök Online client:

• Install .NET Framework 2.0 if it is not already installed. (Use the file NetFx20SP2_x64.exe if you are using a 64-bit version of Windows, or the file NetFx20SP2_x86.exe if you are using a 32-bit version.)
  • Download, extract, and then open lessmi.
  • Choose "file", "open" from the menu bar, and then choose the IRO installer file.
  • Press "extract", specify a folder to extract the contents of the installer to, and then press "OK".

I recommend you create a folder at the root of your system volume (C: drive) named Applications, or something similarly appropriate, to extract into.

Note: It is normal for lessmsi to behave like it is frozen during the extraction process.
  • In Windows Explorer, open the folder you extracted into, and then navigate to SourceDir\Gravity\Ragnarok Online.
  • Select both the Ragnarok.exe and Setup.exe files (hold control to select multiple items), right-click one of the files, and then choose "send to", "desktop (create shortcut)".
  • Open the start menu, right-click "all programs", and then choose "open all users".
  • Open the Programs folder, create a new folder (control-shift-N) named Gravity Interactive, and then create a subfolder inside that folder named Ragnarök Online.
  • Move the shortcuts you created in step 6 from the desktop into the Ragnarök Online folder. You can rename the shortcuts if you want.

If you want to play on the Classic or Sakray servers:

Note: You can skip steps 2 to 3 if you extracted from either the version of the installer released on 2012/8/16 or a newer version.

• Open your client folder in Windows Explorer.
  • Open the file Ragnarok.exe (the Renewal updater), wait until the update process is complete, and then close the updater.
  • Open the file ClassicRO.exe (the Classic updater), wait until the update process is complete, and then close the updater.
  • Repeat steps 5 to 6 of the previous set of instructions with the files ClassicRO.exe, Setup_Classic.exe, and Sakray.exe.
  • Navigate to Programs\Gravity Interactive.
  • Repeat step 8 of the previous set of instructions.

Edited by Axylus, 20 April 2013 - 07:53 AM.

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:23 PM

The issue is that you need about 2x the amount of space in your windows temporary directory than RO actually takes to install (for complicated reasons). This space is freed up after the install; just used as scratch space during install.

You need to either:

*Make space on C:
*Move the windows temp folder
*Do something like what Richard suggested.

Personally, I think the correct solution is to make space on C: - windows does not react gracefully to running out of space on C, and if you're that close to filling it, you're gonna keep running into problems like this in your daily life using the computer.

#4 aznNRG

aznNRG

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

thanks for the responses guys,
i cant make space in my C drive its filled with jst windows stuff. i dont install anything on there or anything everything always goes into my F drive this is just the first time this has occured.

if i was to delete stuff from my c drive wat could it be? because ive got no games on it.

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:01 PM

Where are your downloads/desktop/document folders located? Have you moved them to F? (if not, I'll bet all the space is taken up by downloads and stuff on your desktop). All those default to the drive windows is installed on. How big is your C drive total? (just so I can get an idea of how much of it is windows stuff, how much of it is non-windows stuff)

#6 aznNRG

aznNRG

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:46 PM

downloads/desktop/document folders are located in my F drive.
My C drive is only 60Gig

#7 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:39 AM

Try using a disc space analyser. :)

Edited by richard, 16 May 2012 - 05:05 AM.

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:15 AM

60GB is too small for win7; I'm not surprised you're bumping into the space limit. I've got a 64GB ssd as my main drive, and I have contents of user folders on separate drive, windows temp folder on a RAM drive, and nothing but basic productivity apps and RO on C, and it's still almost full - I wish i'd dropped the extra 70 bucks for a 128gb one.

Clear temp files, make sure documents and the like are being stored someplace other than C.

Is the iW client download de-MSI'ed?

#9 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:06 AM

Is the iW client download de-MSI'ed?

Yes, but I wasn't overly impressed with it, and I didn't think aznNRG would want to download another huge installer file.

#10 aznNRG

aznNRG

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:59 AM

yea, i got the ssd drive which was expensive, and thought yea should b enough. but i aswell regret buyin it..

thanks for helping guys, ive got 1tb on my other drive though lol stupid...

#11 aznNRG

aznNRG

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:07 AM

also, i know this is completely out of topic, but im just new to ragnarok. i used to play it probably like 6-7years ago on some other server before it died.
im just stuck on what good stat builds like how many in each stat.
im trying to build a strong knight that is PVP/PVE

#12 KillerSight

KillerSight

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:32 AM

Umm Axylus........I Tried lessmi. bt its nt working properly on my machine so i extracted using 7-zip n der r sme files & 2 .zip files
the files u mentioned to use are there in the zip files so i extracted them all and did as u told bt it didnt work, the game isnt startin
what should i do?

#13 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:55 AM

Umm Axylus........I Tried lessmi. bt its nt working properly on my machine so i extracted using 7-zip n der r sme files & 2 .zip files
the files u mentioned to use are there in the zip files so i extracted them all and did as u told bt it didnt work, the game isnt startin
what should i do?

What is preventing you from using lessmsi? Please state any relevant error messages that are presented.

#14 KillerSight

KillerSight

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:41 AM

it jst stops responding when i start the extraction process
i have to close it

#15 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:23 AM

it jst stops responding when i start the extraction process
i have to close it

Try the extraction again, but this time leave lessmsi open for at least 15 minutes, even if it appears to be frozen.

#16 KillerSight

KillerSight

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

Thnxx dude......it worked fine
thnx a load for this
wanted to play it really bad
and finally it workd
:)