13 replies to this topic

#1 TheTester

TheTester

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:09 AM

Today, at 2:28 PST I've spotted some obvious bots running around payon and pay_fild08. I usually don't bother reporting single bots, since,well, botters evade bans, waste of time for GM. But this tim it was different.

Someone deadbracnched hell fly right at the portal from payon at pay_fild08, so it kept killing thos bots who kept respawning and dying all over again. While they walked back to pay_fild08 from payon respawn point, I've counted around10 (!) bots, all generic charachtrers (default hairstyle), all thief calss with ridicilous randomized names like "agsdgh1" and such. At first, I even thought of it as heavy glitch, as mob of 10 abslolutely similar charachters went right past me. My second though was "wtf"

They were all doing the same thing, taking the same route to their death from hell fly. It was uber-hilarious, too bad I couldn't record it since fraps refused working, but anyway, have....

heaps fo screenshots:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:32 AM

You obviously have yet to see the Valkyrie Server infestation. GMs don't usually bother with low level Bots because they are easy to re-make within ten minutes of the perma ban. What you should be reporting is higher level bots IE: Lv. 99 Bots/Transcendent Bots/3rd Class Bots. as these tend to take time to actually create. It is easier to have a bigger impact on the bots by banning higher level Bots rather than a crowd of low level Bots.

#3 TheTester

TheTester

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:44 AM

Yes, I have mentioned it in the first few lines of my post:

I usually don't bother reporting single bots, since,well, botters evade bans, waste of time for GM. But this tim it was different.

This time there were hell of a lot of them, in one place, which is unusual (by "lot" i mean 10, yes 10 of them and possibly, more)

Edited by TheTester, 24 May 2012 - 06:08 AM.

#4 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:28 AM

You obviously have yet to see the Valkyrie Server infestation. GMs don't usually bother with low level Bots because they are easy to re-make within ten minutes of the perma ban. What you should be reporting is higher level bots IE: Lv. 99 Bots/Transcendent Bots/3rd Class Bots. as these tend to take time to actually create. It is easier to have a bigger impact on the bots by banning higher level Bots rather than a crowd of low level Bots.

Those screenshots actually look like it's even worse than Valk. You guys really shouldn't be in denial about the bot situation; you guys have it just as bad at YGG.

#5 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:06 AM

report all bots big and small... dont let any of those bastards get away with it.... and dont post it on the forums or you give the botters a heads up... just send the screenshots in a ticket... ONLY YOU CAN PREVENT BOTTING!

#6 TheTester

TheTester

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:11 AM

report all bots big and small... dont let any of those bastards get away with it.... and dont post it on the forums or you give the botters a heads up... just send the screenshots in a ticket... ONLY YOU CAN PREVENT BOTTING!

LOL "only me"? XD But I'll take your suggestion about the ticket, thanks.

#7 DemonWTF

DemonWTF

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:20 PM

LoL I saw that it was hilarious

#8 millayo

millayo

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

I agree with you!
There are too many bots in several areas of Midgard.
Comodo is full of bots of all kind and level, is very irritating.
I'am new in iRO but I'm wandering if GM exists and why they don't take action against bots!
Comodo beach are full of aco bots.
Comodo dungeons are plenty of Rogues, and Alligators map is a nightmare of Rogues

I don't like to play surrounded by bots, and I'm asking my self if there are servers with a better support to real players!

#9 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:36 PM

I don't like to play surrounded by bots, and I'm asking my self if there are servers with a better support to real players!

If you don't want bots then play on Ymir. That was the idea of it.

#10 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

Yes, come to Ymir, More real people to talk with!

Why just the other week, I found myself randomly talking to a couple of other players in Comodo, we ended up chatting for like an entire hour before we all had to leave.

The reason there is almost no bot "Infestation" on Ymir is because the botters have money to lose.

If they make a bot on Ymir, they have to pay money first to create characters. Then if it gets reported and the bot gets banned, thats just money in the GM's pocket. If the botters keep doing it on Ymir, thats just more and more money into the GM's pocket and the GM's actually end up profiting from the botter that doesn't take a hint.

On Valk and YGG, the botters lose nothing. Because its free to make an account and 3 characters.

Edited by Tetsamaru, 26 May 2012 - 12:52 PM.

#11 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:25 PM

Valk still has way more real people though. /heh

#12 millayo

millayo

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

If you don't want bots then play on Ymir. That was the idea of it.

This answers is ridicolous, there are many way to block bots activity if there is the will to do it!

#13 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:04 PM

bots get banned and new bots take their place.... the only way to stop bots is to stop them before they start... maybe have a random test with random questions in the beginning before you can leave the training grounds... where you must pass the test before you can proceed... then finalize the test with a captcha ... that or have a full time real human being to supervise in the training grounds to ban bots then and there as they arrive...

#14 seriouslamb

seriouslamb

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

They are everywhere =.=

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users