Inaccurate skill descriptions - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Inaccurate skill descriptions

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

[mod] Please use this thread to report any skill descriptions that contain outdated information or if the descriptions are inconsistent with the skill effects in-game. Make sure to state the skill name, current in-game skill description, and how the skill actually behaves.[/mod]

Skill Descriptions corrected so far:

Sura: Gentle Touch: Cure
Reflect Damage

Skill Descriptions being reported up for fix:

Acolyte: Heal, Cure (descriptions currently refer to crusader pre-reqs)

Edited by Oda, 09 June 2012 - 08:37 AM.

#2 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:00 PM

LancesBabe:

Ok well first off i realllly thing yall should go threw every single skill for every single class individually and make sure the description is correct since the balance patch cause seems like everything is off

1. Dances with Wargs - Increases Ranger Warg Strike Damage(tested) but mentions nothing of this in the decription? also dosent state how much ASPD or Cast Time reduction it effects?

2. Sinking Melody - There is no icon on the right side of the screen when this skill dose work i know it has a 60% success chance but how do you know if it worked or not? ive used it 100 times and never seen a icon. there is a icon for every other chorus skill so you can know how much time you got left for the buff. Also how much Magic Attack% dose it effect? it states nothing in the skill description. Why dose it have a better chance then Warcy from Beyond?

3. Saturday Night Fevor - says NOTHING about it being a WoE/PVP only skill but it is disabled in every other map where it would be most useful

4. Song of Mana - The icon for this and Dances with Wargs dosent stack but Dances with Wargs stacks with saturday night fevor icon? how are u supposed to figure this stuff out without a good description -_-

5. Windmil Rush/Echo Song - Windmil dose not state the Attack %Buff but Echo Song dose say Def+??% even tho the description is exacly the same

6. Gloomy Shyness - Add Hundred Spears to the List and take away the Triple damage cause it dose not triple damage any more also i do not belive it dose -40% attack speed or - 45 Flee rate please look into this...also add in the chance to decrease movement speed a demount Rks and Rgs without the specific skills

I think its important to have acurate skill descriptions. How else are you supposed to plan your build without useing countless outsides sources that are always half wrong. Nuerilizers are expensive and i cant keep buying them just to find out that the skill i got so excited about, thinking it was a game changer(Saturday Night Fevor). can only be used on 5% of the games maps. Please look into this and all other skills that i have had no time to look into myself. I belive its your duty, that sadly you people do not take seriously.

In-game description states nothing about deep sleep being resisted by the targets INT stat

PeterLouie:

Level 1 Repair seems to not work at all, at least when targeting myself. Magic Fuel is carried, and Repair Kit is worn, still can't repair myself. I'm assuming I can repair myself at least since it mentions it in the description, and also on irowiki skill description. Pretty lame that a basic healing skill isn't working.

Thanks for your time.

#3 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:34 PM

Safety Wall's description hasn't been updated since Renewal was implemented. It still incorrectly states that barriers created by the skill completely block a fixed number of melee attacks, but they actually block a variable amount of melee damage. Additionally, the formula that determines the amount of damage that can be blocked has remained secret!

#4 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:11 PM

I wouldn't say that it's an inaccurate skill description, but it's certainly misleading.

Shadow Slash - in-game it states that the skill's range is the same as your level of shadow leap. The skill itself however is NOT a ranged skill and is not effected by items that enhance ranged damage.

I'll add more to this post as I come across them.

31 MAY 2012

Bloody Lust in-game skill description is:

Draw a red circle on the ground and give the target who steps on it level 10 Provoke effect. Must have a Paint Brush and consumes 2 Surface Paint.

The skill gives the Frenzy status after the balance patch, so that needs to be updated.

Invisibility in-game description states that it ignores some detect skills, but it actually ignores ALL detect skills, nor can damage uncover someone who is in Invisibility.

Shadow Spell has a 15% chance to auto-cast skills at level 10, not a 12% chance.

Might be nice to mention in the skill description that Reproduced skills will cost double the normal amount of SP.

Edited by Ramen, 31 May 2012 - 12:55 AM.

#5 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:35 PM

Safety wall blocks limited number of attacks, up to a maximum of X amount of damage. This is something that needs to be included in the skill description, I agree.

Shadow Slash skill description is not inaccurate as you stated so I'm not sure if we'll see a change to that.

#6 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:35 PM

More performer things: [YES I WAS BORED]

Severe Rainstorm: The description states durations. The durations were removed on balance patch, being a 3s storm in all levels. Formula should be put on the skill description too, as all the other damaging performer skills have them stated.
Reverberation: Description states a maximum of three Reverberations able to be planted. This was removed on patch too.
Metallic Sound: The improved (1.5x damage) works in both normal and Deep sleep states. The description states only Deep Sleep has the amplified damage.
Circle of Nature / Deep Sleep Lullaby: Descriptions do not state anything about the skills not being able to be used outside PVP/WOE zones. But personally, the skills should be able to be used outside those zones because it makes no sense to keep them restricted. In Deep Sleep case, the skill also should state something like "Forces all targets (including allies) in a certain zone into..."
Saturday Night Fever: Description implies it's 100% success rate when it is not. It does not state that, if the skill fails, the SP is drained anyways and neither says the amount of performers increase the success rate. Also does not states it can't be used outside PVP zones.
Sinking Melody / Warcry of Beyond: Both skills need a full description overhaul to fit to the balance patch settings.
Infinite Humming: It needs a BIG. RED. LINE written: "The uninterruptable cast effect does NOT work at War of Emperium zones"

--

Focus Ballet / Lady Luck: This one is more personal, but the hit (FB)/crit (LL) are shown in percentage in the description, but both skills add a fixed number which goes into the status window.
Gypsy's Kiss: Does not stat neither the duration, nor the amount of SP increased, nor the SP cost decrease. Pretty much, the skill says nothing.
Harmonic Lick: Since Renewal, the skill works on weapons other than level 4 weapons. The description states it does only work in level 4 weapons. Also does not state how much damage is increased.
Hermode's Rod: Skill says it removes all the buffs except Berserk. Isn't it supposed to be Frenzy?
Tarot Card of Fate: Not exactly on the description, but at least one NPC should say which effects the cards have.

--
Double Strafe: "Skill Requirement: Vulture's Eye 10"... What?
Arrow Repel: It states the skill has levels when it does not.

Edited by asayuu, 30 May 2012 - 07:49 PM.

#7 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:41 AM

Dear lord that's quite a long list of skills that need updating. The inaccurate skill descriptions will be sent up for an update.

#8 Dammage

Dammage

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:38 PM

Throw Kunai
Skill Requirement is throw shuriken level 5, not dagger throwing practice
Max level is 5, not 10

#9 denden10

denden10

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

Deluge, Volcano and Whirlwind- description says it increases hp, atk, and flee for wearing the corresponding element but bonus is gained even without elemental armors

#10 Balthi

Balthi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 763 posts
  • LocationVeins, Arunafeltz
  • Server:Chaos (Ygg), Classic

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:37 PM

Posted Image
Improve Concentration
Skill descript. does not list amount of SP consumed -- once leveled, the skill window will however display the highest skill level's SP cost.

Posted Image
Vulture's Eye
Does not list amount of HIT provided with each level / Appears to only list range increases [although wiki states the numbers are equal].

#11 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:34 PM

I'll put together a report on these to get added to the fix hopper.

#12 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:01 PM

It would be VERY VERY handy if you put the damage formula on the skill description when doing these changes Oda.

Eg; For Clashing spiral, something like "Floor[Floor(Weapon Weight/2)*skill level + ATK]*(100%+50%*s.lvl) * 5 multi-hits"

Edited by Wiggles, 06 June 2012 - 03:02 PM.

#13 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

Problem with adding formulas in skill descriptions is that the skill description window will be too large with the added texts. It's better to have the specific formulas on forums.

#14 Balthi

Balthi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 763 posts
  • LocationVeins, Arunafeltz
  • Server:Chaos (Ygg), Classic

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:22 PM

On the note of formulas, if the community is that interested, it may be more conducive for a community [non-GM, CM] effort to update the wiki with that information. Skill formulas could then be compiled in a thread, and placed, by class, in the class-specific forums, as a sticky. Two birds with one stone.
-----
EDIT I:

Posted Image
Arrow Repel
Arrow Repel shows that it can leveled up. However, when skill points are available, it does not give this option. Skill summary comes complete with Atk percentages for each skill level. Wiki shows that this skill only has one level, however.

Spoiler

EDIT II:

Posted Image
Gypsy's Kiss
Gypsy's Kiss does not list incremental gains afforded with each level-up of the skill, as compared to Lady Luck, Slow Grace, and Focus Ballet.

GK:
Spoiler

LL:
Spoiler

Edited by Balthi, 08 June 2012 - 11:38 PM.

#15 Serigeese

Serigeese

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Server:Ymir / Classic

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:14 PM

Mechanic 's Axe Boomerang is incorrect

In-game this is what it gives

Level ATK Range
1 300% +Axe's Weight 5
2 350% +Axe's Weight 6
3 400% +Axe's Weight 7
4 450% +Axe's Weight 8
5 500% +Axe's Weight 9

On iRO Wiki it's this

Level ATK Range
1 200% + Axe Weight 4 cells
2 240% + Axe Weight 5 cells
3 280% + Axe Weight 6 cells
4 320% + Axe Weight 7 cells
5 360% + Axe Weight 8 cells

So not really sure which one is the real deal and I'm going with the Wiki cause My AB was at level 4 and it's not hitting as far as the tooltip is saying. The damage I am not sure on because it does it pretty hard so I think it's something to look at least. There is also no saying on what the cool down for the attack as well.

Alot of skills don't seem to be hitting for the AoE they are saying they are so I will have to look into what skills those were too.

Edited by Serigeese, 09 June 2012 - 06:18 PM.

#16 gabrielsoldani

gabrielsoldani

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro, RJ - Brazil

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:20 AM

Weaponry Research (Blacksmith)

The description in-game and in the website are inconsistent.
Also, the skill name doesn't match (in-game Weaponry Research vs website Weapon Research).

iRO In-game Description:
http://puu.sh/E4PG

iRO Website Description:
http://puu.sh/E4Tg
(as seen on http://www.playragna...skill.aspx?c=11)

iROWiki Description:
http://puu.sh/E4Ui
(as seen on http://irowiki.org/w...aponry_Research)

#17 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:06 PM

On the note of formulas, if the community is that interested, it may be more conducive for a community [non-GM, CM] effort to update the wiki with that information. Skill formulas could then be compiled in a thread, and placed, by class, in the class-specific forums, as a sticky. Two birds with one stone.
-----
EDIT I:

Posted Image
Arrow Repel
Arrow Repel shows that it can leveled up. However, when skill points are available, it does not give this option. Skill summary comes complete with Atk percentages for each skill level. Wiki shows that this skill only has one level, however.

Spoiler

EDIT II:

Posted Image
Gypsy's Kiss
Gypsy's Kiss does not list incremental gains afforded with each level-up of the skill, as compared to Lady Luck, Slow Grace, and Focus Ballet.

GK:
Spoiler

LL:
Spoiler

I made both reports. But with screenshots, better to see.

Filir -> Flitting.

Description says the ASPD increase is fixed while it seems more to be percentual. And the attack boost is misleading.

Like level 5 says:

ASPD +15 Attack Power +130%.

If the skill was shown as the description says... would be overpowered as hell. 15 ASPD and 2.3x attack? My Eira would have 189 aspd and hit with 296 attack!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users