• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Gondai

Gondai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:57 AM

Hiya, i remember when i played on EU, Self Heal was the right choice at higher levels since it had low cooldown, and also almost gave you 70% hp, sure it cost some mana but it was worth it , instant heal.

Why is it recommended here to skip it and pick Slow Heal instead? Im still new here, and perhaps things been changed, any experienced player wants to explain?

Oh i see now that the skill simulator everyone are using is wrong, Self Heal cost 3% MP. Thats nothing o.O wtf, if its gonna stay at that low cost then its a MUST, who the heck would pick Slow Heal instead?

Its a instant heal with low cooldown and costs nothing, and refills your up by around 80% if you got lots of INT which u should have.

Thanks.

Edited by Gondai, 01 June 2012 - 10:29 AM.

#2 PamaypaY

PamaypaY

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:59 PM

not 100% sure, but i think self heal is just for caster, while slow heal is for the whole party or for emporia team mates.

slow heal also is dependent on HP, so if you go to any pvp arena (regular pvp, duels, battlesquare, emporia), which multiplies your HP, it will heal the same % of your HP.

self heal, iirc, is a fixed amount, or dependent on the MP, but MP doesnt increase when you go into any of those arenas, which means you will be healing a significantly less amount with it.

edit: also self heal wont be so good if you stack health, which almost everyone does.

Edited by PamaypaY, 01 June 2012 - 02:01 PM.

#3 Gondai

Gondai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:35 AM

Its not a mixed amount, it gives 44% of ur magical attack + 120 at Rank 4, in other words, the more magic attack, the more it heals. It dosent depends on the amount of Mana.
Slow heal gives in procent, which is same no matter what level you are.

Players with 5-6k magic attack would probly heal 3k hp in an instant. 4 sec cooldown and cost 3% of your mana. You cant seriously say Slow Heal is better than that o.O

Edited by Gondai, 02 June 2012 - 12:37 AM.

#4 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Server:decard

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:49 AM

Even assuming a solar ring'd mage, people stack such high health here that slow heal is always the better option. You could easily heal more in 2 ticks of slow heal than you could using one self heal. Slow heal costs less mana, gives you much more healing, and transfers to teammates as well.
I mean if you were getting locked and wanted that hp fast well, there wasnt really much you could do in the first place.

Edited by GrapefruitGod, 02 June 2012 - 11:24 AM.

#5 PamaypaY

PamaypaY

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:01 AM

i would think that (at level 5) slow heal's 5% HP heal for every 3 secs for 30 secs is better than "3k" HP per 4 secs.
- slow heal covers 50% heal in 30 secs for 60 MP. with self heal, you would need to recast, and lose 3% MP per cast.
- at high level, a well stacked mage class would probably have 30-50k HP and will take alot of MP and recasting of self heal.

but by saying "You cant seriously say Slow Heal is better than that o.O", i think that you already made up your mind.

#6 Gondai

Gondai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:33 AM

Hmm no not now, i guess slow heal it is, for situations when ur about to die, is pots then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users