Are You Lagging? - Page 2 - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Are You Lagging?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
67 replies to this topic

#26 Bettex

Bettex

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSlovakia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:20 AM

I can relate to this problem.
I am connecting from Slovakia (central europe) and I have a fast Internet (so im sure thats not the problem).
I have terrible delay when connecting to ANY of iRO servers (though I play on Valkyrie). The latency is around 190ms, always. I can really feel it when playing; healing people in large groups of mobs is sometimes impossible with such delay.
I have never had any problems with delay on any RO server located anywhere in the world.
I would be really glad if someone /something could help me... :sob:

#27 Ramen19

Ramen19

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Server:Classic~

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:18 AM

On TCP Delay message queing w/e apparently in the vid part, I tried all the steps on my laptop at my gf's house. My laptop is now broken *somewhat*
I would like to state it was a window 7 and an Asus Laptop.
I think the part that broke it was the Lan unchecks or something to do with the net, I literately do not have any way of seeing any networks so no net.

I can not do what is listed below.
-Did the steps, rebooted, can't use audio, pull up microsoft word, and no net connections available at all, I can't even diagnose and start it up again =/
-NO Chance of system restore, apparently it didn't have it and I was like wtf...
What vid am talking about? -

Please help, I use this laptop for class lol.... *obviously using a different comp to type this*

#28 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:32 AM

Do a complete OS reinstall in your laptop.

#29 Ramen19

Ramen19

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Server:Classic~

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:45 PM

Fixed it, never EVER touch your msconfig when you are on your laptop. Apparently it will F^@$% Your audio/net/w/e else up.
Another point is never state the obvious...... OS re-install should be LAST thing I should do....bad poster.

#30 eerie

eerie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 700 posts
  • LocationNorthern California
  • Server:RIP: Valkyrie

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

Always back up your computer! Especially if you are not confident enough to crosscheck your system personally. I would then recommend anyone who requires assistance, to seek help.

Also, be sure to read:

how to post a tracert

#31 eerie

eerie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 700 posts
  • LocationNorthern California
  • Server:RIP: Valkyrie

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:52 AM

Added items to DNS, special thanks to Javs.

#32 Zorropup21

Zorropup21

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

I've found that I lag especially when there are bots nearby. On maps such as spores, wolves, payon cave, or geographers for example. I claim these players as bots as they never seen to pick up loot, kill only specific monsters, never ks, and are ALWAYS online! Anytime I play, I see the SAME characters mobbing or just killing on the same maps non stop. And anytime I even get Remotely near them, I lag. All of my friends have experienced this same phenomenon. Only when on maps with few other characters or none at all do I not experience any lag. Even the old private servers I played on never had this much lag. Of course there are little to no bots on these servers. The GMs do a great job of finding and banning bots on these private servers.

It's terrible. Some of my friends have quit iRO because of the lag, move on to games like Guild Wars 2, etc. Our computers have no problem running higher end games or even RO private servers, yet this iRO is just so damn laggy. It seems to have become MUCH worse after the server merge. Why should I have to buy some sort of "boosting" device or service? I know that this game doesn't require much computer power to play.

I love Ragnarok Online, and had high hopes for playing on the "official" server. Please do something about these damn bots!

#33 FriedPanda

FriedPanda

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

I just recently started playing on Iro and i am having alot of lagg issues is it always this buggy? I have been lvling you 10 in training grounds and the game has been very unresponsive is there something i can do about this or is it all server side? thanks

#34 BakingMix

BakingMix

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

i installed iro yesterday wanting to play it srsly and maybe dumping some $ into the game, since i'm tired of crappy priv servers. but its almost impossible to play with the constant lag.
i thought the official server was suppose to be good?

Edited by BakingMix, 05 January 2013 - 11:35 AM.

#35 Drlrafael

Drlrafael

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

Someone help me

I am Brazilian and unfortunately unable I can't to play because of LAG, I have 3mb of connection stable and on other servers as the Brazilian bRO Ragnarok Online I do not have any lag. I need the IP number of Classic Loki to I can test the Ping and Connection. So I'll send to you can analyze and be able to help me, grateful, I await answers

#36 Arkuss

Arkuss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

I just started on iRO and the lag is so bad that I can't even click for the first 10-15 seconds after logging in and then when I finally do I have a 1.5-3 second delay on any action I do (3 second delay is unplayable with any game). I have decent internet and a beast computer where I could probably run 10 clients at WoW with effects and not lag a bit so this is new for me. Any suggestions? I don't lag on any other game either online or offline and when I do it's never this bad.

#37 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

Everyone in my party experienced a 10 sec delay today. This number is not exaggerated. And yes this happened to everyone. Do you need us to pay more money for better latency?

#38 HEZZERZZEZZ

HEZZERZZEZZ

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

I've found that I lag especially when there are bots nearby. On maps such as spores, wolves, payon cave, or geographers for example. I claim these players as bots as they never seen to pick up loot, kill only specific monsters, never ks, and are ALWAYS online! Anytime I play, I see the SAME characters mobbing or just killing on the same maps non stop. And anytime I even get Remotely near them, I lag. All of my friends have experienced this same phenomenon. Only when on maps with few other characters or none at all do I not experience any lag. Even the old private servers I played on never had this much lag. Of course there are little to no bots on these servers. The GMs do a great job of finding and banning bots on these private servers.

It's terrible. Some of my friends have quit iRO because of the lag, move on to games like Guild Wars 2, etc. Our computers have no problem running higher end games or even RO private servers, yet this iRO is just so damn laggy. It seems to have become MUCH worse after the server merge. Why should I have to buy some sort of "boosting" device or service? I know that this game doesn't require much computer power to play.

I love Ragnarok Online, and had high hopes for playing on the "official" server. Please do something about these damn bots!

Is that what's going on?

As a new player, its really frustrating. I keep dieing to mobs because I can't even start moving away or attack back. I just stand in place and wait until my actions get through (if I'm still alive).

Its even more frustrating because you lose EXP when you die. Great.

#39 Arkuss

Arkuss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

Bots no doubt have an influence but after you reacha certain point in the game bots don't exist anymore but the lag is still there full force and it's quite annoying. I was doing High Orcs today in both field and CT tower and the position lag is horrible and ontop of that you have the typical delay + being unable to move for an amount of time. It's really irritating. If Gravity/Warp portal want to make more money they need to provide their community with a quality server to play on. Not some 1990s garbage hub they got for free.

#40 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

I've discovered a piece of software called Leatrix Latency Fix, which enables you to easily and safely disable the TCP acknowledgement delay (Nagle's algorithm) on Windows.

Edited by Axylus, 16 February 2013 - 07:20 PM.

#41 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:51 AM

I've discovered a piece of software called Leatrix Latency Fix, which enables you to easily and safely disable the TCP acknowledgement delay (Nagle's algorithm) on Windows.

FYI: TCP delayed acknowledgement is not Nagle's algorithm.

#42 RenardSolitaire

RenardSolitaire

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

Hello

Honestly, i like this game and i wanted to play it.
When i saw it was now free to play, i said cool ! Will try it again :) I played years ago this game and liked it.

But...
The first think i noticed after instaling the game on windows 7, the game is not loading and i have to try manually with the .exe files some compatibility options to finally make it work. Why not making a decent 2013 game installer who understand what is windows 7 ? After that, when i finally was able to play the most thing i noticed was the LAG.
and wow, the servers (the 2 of them) are lagging a lot.

About me, i have a 5mbs internet connexion and i have no problem playing all the online game i have including battle field 3, world of warcaft, starcraft 2, diablo 3. I have no lag problem in any of them and by example on most server i play in Battle field 3 my ping is under 40 and frequently under 30.

In this thread i read about some tweak ? (its not clear) what do, how and why. Really not !
If i have to do something manually or install something on my computer to make the game work correctly (less lag) then the tutorial have to be clear how to do it. I pretty sure the lag problem is not on my side, if yes, why only in Ragnarok online ? Reading the forum and people show me the servers lag a lot in general ! So...

Anyway, im pretty sad at the moment because i really wanted to play the game and become premium but im not happy to have try the free to play mode before getting vip from the start. The game is not new and i dont think anything will be done to reduce the lag on the servers. I also dont think i will get any "easy help" (im not a dev but a player) to fix the problem.

After some hours i got tired to die because of the lag and deleted the game, sadly.
Im not interested to play on a laggy server and i want to have fun playing, not frustration because of the lag.

Thank you for the game and fun.

dxdiag
Time of this report: 2/27/2013, 15:49:12
Operating System: Windows 7 Professionnel 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130104-1431)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: P67A-UD4-B3
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.7GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16368MB RAM
Page File: 6703MB used, 9661MB available
Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series

Edited by RenardSolitaire, 27 February 2013 - 12:07 PM.

#43 jsquishy

jsquishy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

I agree with the above poster.

Its very frustrating when you lag and die all the time. I get lag spikes very frequently, almost once every 5-10s. I played in Loki in 2005 and it was never this bad. I play in private servers recently and I never get any lag, as well as warcraft. I really like playing here, but its just impossible to do anything properly.

And I tried wtfast, the tcp/ip fix etc etc, even though its not my side thats lagging. I'm not sure if it helps, but I'm in Singapore. Maybe that makes a difference

Edited by jsquishy, 06 March 2013 - 01:29 PM.

#44 scottiedX

scottiedX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:44 AM

I read as much of this as I can, I face a constant adversity to even continue playing the game. I basically Have it so I can "play":
I am forced to ping pong opening Ragnarok Classic and Ragnarok alternatively to get through the client and into the game Visuals.
Totally Facing the inability to operate Duel Client (therefore I cannot cast Endow w/ is essential to my leveling.)
And, Finally the grand daddy of them all I am facing a Frozen mouse pointer or direct LAG of the clicker like I just throw this thing around like the thief skill and it is greatly tiresome in-game

#45 Chokelate

Chokelate

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

The lag really is annoying, it's difficult to navigate the game and it's definitely very disappointing.
I'm wondering if it makes any difference if you're VIP or not? I don't mind paying for a game, but if it's still laggy after paying it would be a waste of money.

#46 Atari101

Atari101

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:56 PM

Glad to see I am not the only person with this problem. It is entirely RO though, other games run amazing on my beast laptop. Shame, Gravity could have had some money from me.

I would rather put my money into RO then RO2.

#47 spartaque

spartaque

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:27 AM

I'm using Leatrex for a long time. For sure it help a little, but it's still happening little delays and thats pretty annoying x_x

#48 Denji

Denji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:15 AM

Leatrix fixes it for me. At least I can tell when I'm actually lagging now (rarely besides the apparent attacks recently)

#49 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

My biggest issue is in what I have seen Azzy refer to as "que lag" -- altogether too often I am dying because my character is behind on my entered actions by 16 seconds -- sometimes I get lucky and my heal-spamming gets through, quite often it doesn't. This is especially common when mobbing, which is pretty much the way to level in Renewal.

It's... getting very frustrating at times, knowing I'm failing not because I did anything wrong but because my character takes 5 seconds before it does anything I told it to.

#50 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:26 AM

This should be pinned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users