Ragnarok on OSX, Now even easier! - Page 2 - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Ragnarok on OSX, Now even easier!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

#26 Ration

Ration

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:30 AM

Thanks for making this =)

I'm having the same issues as above with launching the setup and config (2 year old MBA with Lion). The registry work around fixes the crashing, but it doesn't seem to change the actual window size for me, it just makes it a window'd fullscreen.

#27 BigTownSliceCake

BigTownSliceCake

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:18 AM

Thanks for making this =)

I'm having the same issues as above with launching the setup and config (2 year old MBA with Lion). The registry work around fixes the crashing, but it doesn't seem to change the actual window size for me, it just makes it a window'd fullscreen.

Did you run the Config icon and change Windowlock from 1 to 0?
If the Windowlock is 1 it will make the window size max.

#28 Ration

Ration

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:25 AM

Did you run the Config icon and change Windowlock from 1 to 0?
If the Windowlock is 1 it will make the window size max.

The Config and Setup programs dont open. I can only run the clients and wineskin.

Another question: Any idea how to get the function keys working nice (F1>F12), since they have other actions in OS X? (Forgive me if this is in the setup/config, but I havnt been able to see it yet haha)

Thanks again :D

Edited by Ration, 03 July 2012 - 08:26 AM.

#29 BigTownSliceCake

BigTownSliceCake

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:34 AM

The Config and Setup programs dont open. I can only run the clients and wineskin.

Another question: Any idea how to get the function keys working nice (F1>F12), since they have other actions in OS X? (Forgive me if this is in the setup/config, but I havnt been able to see it yet haha)

Thanks again :D

Config doesn't open either? T_T Wow v3 is an epic fail. Navigate to drive_c Program Files Gravity RagnarokOnline and open dinput.ini with TextEdit. That's the config file.

For the F Keys, You'll want to goto The Apple Logo in the upper left, System Preferences, Keyboard, then Chek "Use all F1, F2, etc keys as standard function keys, then you'll also want to click the keyboard shortcuts tab, and un-check show desktop and show dashboard for F11 and F12. This will free up the F keys in Ragnarok, but if you want to use the function printed on them you'll have th push fn+F key to adjust brightness, volume etc. To bring up your equips, press alt+command+Q, It works for anything that command alone doesn't  work with.

#30 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

ERROR! cannot write to Info.plist, there are permission problems, or you are on a read-only volume.

This cannot run from within a read-only dmg file.

-------------

I get this when I try to install; new to macs sorry
I did make sure that I can read&write the dmg file under permissions

Edited by ka10, 03 July 2012 - 06:44 PM.

#31 BigTownSliceCake

BigTownSliceCake

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:54 AM

ERROR! cannot write to Info.plist, there are permission problems, or you are on a read-only volume.

This cannot run from within a read-only dmg file.

-------------

I get this when I try to install; new to macs sorry
I did make sure that I can read&write the dmg file under permissions

You need to drag the Ragnarok Icon out of the DMG container and onto your desktop. You can then delete the Dmg file.

#32 FingersMazda

FingersMazda

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:42 PM

....This is beautiful. I don't even want to talk about how long it took me to get ro working on Lion.

#33 Atquira

Atquira

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Server:Valk, Classic

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:36 AM

First, thanks for the awesome work you did ^_^
And I use my first post to add my two cents to your project:

I gathered some helper Apps for BigTownSliceCake's OSX RO Client together and made some "shortcut" scripts.

Posted Image

[...]Any idea how to get the function keys working nice (F1>F12), since they have other actions in OS X? [...]

I found this nice script, compiled as an app ready to use:

Function key toggler:

https://github.com/y...e-function-keys

This script toggles the function keys from standard F1-F12 to special keys and vice-versa.

It needs the Growl App:

Paid up-to-date Growl: http://bit.ly/NGOjX7 (Mac AppStore Link)

Old free Growl: http://growl.info/downloads or http://bit.ly/MXQzMZ (Direct Link)

The old one works nicely on Lion, so no need to buy it ^_^

Note: it seems that this script only works in English system language.

2. Now we need some "shortcuts" to the desktop or the dock...

As it's not possible to make an Alias or Shortcut from within an Application Package, I wrote some scripts for this.
In two flavours:
  • Ragnarok Online.app is located in the /Applications/ folder:
    iMacRO (App folder): http://bit.ly/LM47Y8
  • Ragnarok Online.app is located in the /Applications/Games/ folder:
    iMacRO (App/games folder): http://bit.ly/Neg1tL

Note: if you have Rangarok Online.app placed on the Desktop you should move the app to the /Applications/ or /Applications/Games/ folder or else my scripts won't work.

Note 2: they should work in any System Language, but I'm not sure, let me know if it works or not ^_^

3. And finally we need to make work that "Alt"-key...

If you use the alt-key in OSX it outputs: €∂∫å instead executing RO commands.
To fix this we need to
  • right click the Ragnarok Online.app and select "Show Package Content"
  • Double click on Wineskin.app
  • Go to advanced options, Options tab.
  • Make sure "Option key works as Alt" is checked.
  • Close Wineskin and enjoy your alt-key ^_^ and emotes :heh:

Posted Image

Hope you all find this as useful as I do ^_^

Edited by Atquira, 10 July 2012 - 07:38 AM.

#34 ikeren

ikeren

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Locationchicity
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:29 AM

Thanks in advance! :chomok03:
Edit:
Works fine on snow leopard~

Edited by ikeren, 15 July 2012 - 04:10 AM.

#35 JaMeiMei08

JaMeiMei08

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

Hi, does this work for mac Tiger 2GHz Inter Core 2 Duo?
please reply ASAP!

#36 tupeloshoney

tupeloshoney

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:17 PM

Got this working just fine, thanks so much for making this so easy for us Mac-users! Have a question though, is there a way to make RO run the custom homunculus AI I have? Or to use the nospam config file located within the data folder so that I'm not flooded with zeny spammers in Prontera? Thanks!

#37 Atquira

Atquira

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Server:Valk, Classic

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:17 AM

Hi, does this work for mac Tiger 2GHz Inter Core 2 Duo?
please reply ASAP!

I haven't tested my scripts on older systems than Lion but they should run. ikeren confirms that they work on Snow Leopard.

I'm afraid but the game itself won´t work on Tiger.
From the Wineskin homepage:

Wineskin 2.5.5+ Works On

• OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
  • OS X 10.7 Lion
  • OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Got this working just fine, thanks so much for making this so easy for us Mac-users! Have a question though, is there a way to make RO run the custom homunculus AI I have? Or to use the nospam config file located within the data folder so that I'm not flooded with zeny spammers in Prontera? Thanks!

Great ^_^
Now for the AI and the Nospam:
I added two new scripts to my script packages. Just download them again and overwrite the old ones:For the iRO AI folder script:
It opens the AI folder in the Finder, so you can navigate to the USER_AI folder and drop your AI there.
BUT: It's not possible, for now, to use the configuration applications from the AIs, just manual edits.

For the iRO Nospam script:
The nospam.cfg opens in TextEdit. It needs you to enter your system password to edit the file.
In some cases the file is "Locked", just edit it and, when saving it, choose "Unlock" and save it.
Note: Why the password?
You need to authenticate yourself to edit the "Locked" status as it needs Administrator privileges.

Happy iMacRO playing ^_^

Edit: Added Wineskin System requirements.

Edited by Atquira, 26 July 2012 - 06:19 AM.

#38 maarowak

maarowak

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:42 AM

You people are angels.
I was using crossover but for reasons that I cannot grasp my characters would always get stuck in the loading screen when I get to Payon. Downloading this right now to see if it works.

Thank you so much for providing this. (ノo ‿ o)ノ ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

#39 maarowak

maarowak

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:00 AM

It works perfectly!
Thank you so so much.

Edit: I just realized I could've edited the other post, but I'm not sure if I should delete this one or not. Sorry 3:

Edited by maarowak, 28 July 2012 - 06:01 AM.

#40 tupeloshoney

tupeloshoney

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:49 PM

Both of these new additions work great, thanks so much! Never thought I'd be playing RO on a Mac so seamlessly.

#41 ultra7

ultra7

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:42 AM

Hello There!
Could use some help guys! I've installed the files on Mac OSX Mountain Lion and everything went fine in the first run. I was able to update, patch the game and play. I've closed the app and when I tried to open it gave me this error: "The Application X11 could not be opened. An error occurred while starting the X11 server. "Failed to activate core devices".
So I cant run it anymore!
Then I tried to install it and agin it runs perfectly in the first time and then stops working.
Any ideas in how to fix it?
Thanks!

#42 ultra7

ultra7

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:50 AM

this is the info of the last log:

WineskinX11: main(): argc=10
Waiting for startup parameters via Mach IPC.
WineskinX11: do_start_x11_server(): argc=10
Attempting to use pixel depth of 24
[4159121.112] WineskinX11 starting:
[4159121.112] X.Org X Server 1.12.99.0
[4159121.112] Build Date: 20120410
[4159121.112] _XSERVTransmkdir: ERROR: euid != 0,directory /tmp/.X11-unix will not be created.
[4159121.125] (II) GLX: Initialized Core OpenGL GL provider for screen 0
[4159121.126] [dix] Could not init font path element /tmp/Wineskin/share/fonts/misc/, removing from list!
[4159121.126] [dix] Could not init font path element /tmp/Wineskin/share/fonts/TTF/, removing from list!
[4159121.126] [dix] Could not init font path element /tmp/Wineskin/share/fonts/OTF/, removing from list!
[4159121.126] [dix] Could not init font path element /tmp/Wineskin/share/fonts/Type1/, removing from list!
[4159121.126] [dix] Could not init font path element /tmp/Wineskin/share/fonts/100dpi/, removing from list!
[4159121.126] [dix] Could not init font path element /tmp/Wineskin/share/fonts/75dpi/, removing from list!
[4159121.126] [dix] Could not init font path element /Library/Fonts, removing from list!
[4159121.126] [dix] Could not init font path element /System/Library/Fonts, removing from list!
[4159121.147] (EE) Error compiling keymap (server-4770)
[4159121.147] (EE) XKB: Couldn't compile keymap
[4159121.172] (EE) Couldn't open compiled keymap file /tmp/Wineskin/share/X11/xkb/compiled/server-4770.xkm
[4159121.172] XKB: Failed to compile keymap
[4159121.172] Keyboard initialization failed. This could be a missing or incorrect setup of xkeyboard-config.
[4159121.172]
Fatal server error:
[4159121.172] Failed to activate core devices.

#43 yaseen

yaseen

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:05 AM

Hi
Thnx for the package, its amazing. But with the latest ragnarok patch, the client is giving me an error, i cant even open ragnarok itself. I even tried it on crossover and same thing. They were both working fine for about 2 weeks, then when this patch came out they both stopped. Please help. thnx

@ultra7, im not sure what it is, but usually i just close and reopen it like a minute later

#44 Ekamekia

Ekamekia

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:20 AM

Hi
Thnx for the package, its amazing. But with the latest ragnarok patch, the client is giving me an error, i cant even open ragnarok itself. I even tried it on crossover and same thing. They were both working fine for about 2 weeks, then when this patch came out they both stopped. Please help. thnx

@ultra7, im not sure what it is, but usually i just close and reopen it like a minute later

The latest update changed the setup program. Run the setup and change the video settings back to what you had them at so they we be re-written into the registry. That should clear things up.

#45 lovez

lovez

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:30 PM

i love u ekamekia!!!! <3

#46 AuronsFinest

AuronsFinest

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

Please ignore!

Edited by AuronsFinest, 13 August 2012 - 03:13 PM.

#47 AuronsFinest

AuronsFinest

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:02 PM

Please ignore!

Edited by AuronsFinest, 13 August 2012 - 03:10 PM.

#48 AuronsFinest

AuronsFinest

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:56 PM

Please ignore this..I didn't read the thread!

Edited by AuronsFinest, 13 August 2012 - 03:10 PM.

#49 sadekOB

sadekOB

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

Hey guys, I just got a Mac and love the package, thanks a lot for your efforts in the project

I'm having one problem though, every time I run Classic RO, I get a popup at the patcher to install "Gecko," and when I press install, it just doesn't.

And when I press cancel, the patcher runs and finishes, but when I enter my password I get "incorrect user ID or password" even though I'm 100% sure of what I entered.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Edited by sadekOB, 15 August 2012 - 12:48 AM.

#50 Ekamekia

Ekamekia

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:52 AM

I'm having one problem though, every time I run Classic RO, I get a popup at the patcher to install "Gecko," and when I press install, it just doesn't.

Gecko is the software that is susposed to allow the HTML in the Patcher window to appear. Until the most recent update it was wholy igorned, Unfortunally the patcher is now doing something else that calls for Gecko, the problem is. 1. Gecko fails to install 99% of the time. 2. When it does install the patcher is still blank. So just keep hitting cancel.

I'm installing Mountain Lion right now, so hopefully I'll be able to figure out all the new problems that are cropping up. and come out with a new version soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users