Ragnarok on OSX, Now even easier! - Page 3 - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Ragnarok on OSX, Now even easier!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

#51 x4ndiz

x4ndiz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:01 AM

my torrent cannot start download. help master..any link download?

#52 loliko

loliko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk > Ygg

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:35 PM

Thank you so much for this! It runs smoothly without any problem. (Snow Leopard)
We'll see if it'll crash if I try to dual client. :)

#53 BigTownSliceCake

BigTownSliceCake

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:33 PM

Posted Image

#54 Atquira

Atquira

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Server:Valk, Classic

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:16 AM

Hi to all ^_^

Having ISP problems I wasn't able to log on...

It seems Mountain Lion gives some headaches...

[...]

[...]
I've closed the app and when I tried to open it gave me this error: "The Application X11 could not be opened. An error occurred while starting the X11 server. "Failed to activate core devices".
[...]

I couldn't download Mountain Lion yet so I can't test it myself.

But I did some research:
Mountain Lion doesn't include the X11 library anymore, thus apps like Wine depending on it won't run.
Fortunately the OpenSource project XQuarz addresses this issue: http://xquartz.macosforge.org
Downloading and installing this package should correct the issues, remember to reboot your Mac.

Please confirm if this helps.

my torrent cannot start download. help master..any link download?

Try using the Magnet Link and keep insisting, I'm still seeding v4 of the client. Although my uploading speed is capped at 10 kb/s by my ISP >_<

[...]
We'll see if it'll crash if I try to dual client. :)

Dual Clienting won't work using the same app. It should be possible duplicating the Ragnarok Online.app and execute each.
But I haven't tested it.
You can try this:
  • create a folder called "Games" in your /Applications/ folder
  • Copy the Raganarok Online.app into the new folder. So you have one RO.app in /Applications/ and another one in /Applications/Games/.
  • Use both versions of my scripts, the "Application folder Scripts" and the "Application/Games folder Scripts" to open each of them.
I hope I explain myself ^_^

Let's see if my ISP can work out their problems and I can return to RO... and, of course, support the Mac RO community ^_^

Happy MacRO playing ^_^
Atquila

EDIT: Some minor errors corrected ...

Edited by Atquira, 20 August 2012 - 10:18 AM.

#55 jeremie026

jeremie026

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1087 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

hey, i downloaded the torrent. after i downloaded it, i opened it but there is a error popping up. please help

#56 sadekOB

sadekOB

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:49 PM

Dual Clienting won't work using the same app. It should be possible duplicating the Ragnarok Online.app and execute each.

Actually dual Clienting works perfectly with the same app. First run the app as you normally would. When the patcher opens, click start.
Once the client opens, you can now run the app again in the same way, and it will open the patcher and a separate client.

Edit: Also, there is a way to temporarily solve the following error :

""The Application X11 could not be opened. An error occurred while starting the X11 server. "Failed to activate core devices"."
1) Quit ALL running programs/applications (imessage, mail, safari...ETC)
2) Relaunch Finder (Press CMD+OPTION+ESC) -> select launcher from the list --> press relaunch
3) Now try to run the package again and it should work fine.

This is only annoying because you need to close all your open applications, but at least the game will run again.

Edited by sadekOB, 20 August 2012 - 11:56 PM.

#57 Yourtime

Yourtime

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:34 AM

can someone maybe seed the torrent :/ I use normally parallels for the game and it works good, but well I get already an 0x5 error when&nbsp; someone speaks on general chat, so I thought maybe a mac port would be a good alternative.

Edited by Yourtime, 30 August 2012 - 09:37 AM.

#58 AuronsFinest

AuronsFinest

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:04 PM

I'm not sure if this is still supported, but I'm having issues with my mouse. My mouse flashes and disappears and seems "locked" in a small quarter of the screen making the game unplayable. I've tried everything, and it still glitches in and out.

#59 roselle27

roselle27

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:21 AM

no seeds :/ anyone?

#60 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:03 PM

It looks like this is no longer being seeded, and the original post has had it's body removed

I'm going to unpin this topic unless I hear a good reason not to soon.

Axylus has a thread about RO on Mac here: http://forums.warppo...ne-on-mac-os-x/

I'm not sure if this is still supported, but I'm having issues with my mouse. My mouse flashes and disappears and seems "locked" in a small quarter of the screen making the game unplayable. I've tried everything, and it still glitches in and out.

You may have success using RO Mouse Freedom. It's a magic DLL file you put in your RO folder which makes the mouse behave more normally, and it fixes compatibility issues with many non-standard pointing devices.

#61 xdavekentx

xdavekentx

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:57 AM

can someone please seed this I've been at 0% for a while now and crossover games hasn't been working for me! thanks

#62 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:01 AM

can someone please seed this I've been at 0% for a while now and crossover games hasn't been working for me! thanks

Doesn't look like this is has been getting seeded for a couple months - you're probably better off following the instructions here http://forums.warppo...ne-on-mac-os-x/ - and asking Axylus for help if/when it doesn't work.

I'm unpinning this topic, since the torrent isn't available anymore and nobody seems to be seeding it and the OP has edited the link out of his post.

#63 cengloy

cengloy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:19 AM

hey guys, i'm new here, and i just installed ro on my mbp, running lion,

i keep getting "wine gecko installer" popup saying "wine could not find gecko package"

i know i should just click cancel, but it did nothing, just a blank screen,

can somebody please help me, i would very much appreciate it. thank you

Edited by cengloy, 16 November 2012 - 08:24 AM.

#64 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:54 AM

hey guys, i'm new here, and i just installed ro on my mbp, running lion,

i keep getting "wine gecko installer" popup saying "wine could not find gecko package"

i know i should just click cancel, but it did nothing, just a blank screen,

can somebody please help me, i would very much appreciate it. thank you

This thread is for the installer package that the OP made and which is no longer available.

Please direct questions about RO on Mac to here: (please describe in as much detail as possible what you've done)

http://forums.warppo...ine-on-mac-os-x

Axylus is the one you want to get an answer from - after posting, you can send him a private message to try to get a faster response.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users