How To Fix The Anniversary Lucky Box - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How To Fix The Anniversary Lucky Box

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Foaad

Foaad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:50 PM

Not gonna go into details why this supposed to be "BIG" "Extravagant" anniversary lucky box sucks (there is plenty of threads about), But just a few quick points:
500KP instead of 300. Most of the new stuff are useless, The useful stuff you might get are not new and not that rare or expensive or OP to justify the risk (CEB, POM, Imm. Shield are more OP than anything in the box -save HBP- and you can get them for 300KP with 0 risk). Crates do not have a bonus cert. etc.

So to make this a must have box where everyone spends gazillion $$ on it (A once in a year box) some radical changes needs to be done (I remember the chocolate gift basket box that was turned from the worst box ever to the best box ever with the addition of 1 dog NPC :) ). So here are a few suggestion:

1- Boxter exchanger with high rate for ALL the items in this box
A Grandpa Boxter -if you like- who gives you.. idk story points or w/e
900 point for any item. 1000 point = 1 box.
This way people could go for a specific item (or one of the useful items) losing 10% each step. Now I'm not sure if this box has classes or if all items have equal chances, if it's the later then maybe 900 point is a bit OP but so what! this is supposed to be a one in a year box!

2- Medals or Badges exchanger
Put in an NPC that exchange the useless hats / scrolls with Prize Medals or KvM Badges.

3- Your 5 is 1
NPC to exchange any 5 items from the box for any 1 item (from the box) of your choice.

4- 50% discount
each box becomes 250KP, Crate = 1000KP.
(Code The Redeemer could give the extra boxes for those who bought during the first week)

Edited by Foaad, 15 June 2012 - 03:16 PM.

#2 chaffin

chaffin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

+1

#3 Longinus

Longinus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • Twitter:itsLONGINUS
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:30 PM

Why has this not caught fire yet? +1 foaad. All of these ideas are viable and very simple fixes. As one of us who spent quite a fair amount of Kp on these lame crates/boxes, I'm all for heim trying to make right on it. I won't go to the extent of posting the ridiculous, monotaneous response I got from my support ticket in regards to this issue but please... Do something to fix this!

#4 shawnja

shawnja

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:59 PM

Bump ^^

#5 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:23 PM

This guy should be GM imo.

#6 Foaad

Foaad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:17 PM

^ Good point :)
Fixed.

#7 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9785 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:17 PM

too bad this wasnt posted in the area GMs actually look at...

#8 Sully

Sully

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationGreed Island

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:40 PM

*Trades in 5 poring scrolls* Now Gimme HBP :p_idea: !

Other than that i like it hehe xD

Edit: HBP = Heroic Backpack

Edited by Sully, 16 June 2012 - 05:41 PM.

#9 Foaad

Foaad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:03 AM

^ That should be 10 scrolls since you get 2 per box
10 * 5m (avg. scroll price) = 50m which was the avg. HBP price when it first came out AFAIK.
That's assuming the price will stay at 5m after boxter, which is unlikely
Now if you get your scrolls from boxes, 10 scrolls = 5 boxes = 2000KP which is more than a fair price for HBP (compare that to 300KP for CEB / POM / Immune Shield)

#10 indr

indr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts
  • Locationkerala , india
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

wav...still remember those chocolate boxes,,,,,was busy levleing mist of my characters with that...they shud defenitely bring out some changes....just think u spend 2k n all u get is scrolls....lolls.....

#11 rivermans

rivermans

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • LocationProntera in the World of Rune Midgard
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:17 PM

Not gonna go into details why this supposed to be "BIG" "Extravagant" anniversary lucky box sucks (there is plenty of threads about), But just a few quick points:
500KP instead of 300. Most of the new stuff are useless, The useful stuff you might get are not new and not that rare or expensive or OP to justify the risk (CEB, POM, Imm. Shield are more OP than anything in the box -save HBP- and you can get them for 300KP with 0 risk). Crates do not have a bonus cert. etc.

So to make this a must have box where everyone spends gazillion $$ on it (A once in a year box) some radical changes needs to be done (I remember the chocolate gift basket box that was turned from the worst box ever to the best box ever with the addition of 1 dog NPC :) ). So here are a few suggestion:

1- Boxter exchanger with high rate for ALL the items in this box
A Grandpa Boxter -if you like- who gives you.. idk story points or w/e
900 point for any item. 1000 point = 1 box.
This way people could go for a specific item (or one of the useful items) losing 10% each step. Now I'm not sure if this box has classes or if all items have equal chances, if it's the later then maybe 900 point is a bit OP but so what! this is supposed to be a one in a year box!
Good IDEA

2- Medals or Badges exchanger
Put in an NPC that exchange the useless hats / scrolls with Prize Medals or KvM Badges.

Good IDEA

3- Your 5 is 1
NPC to exchange any 5 items from the box for any 1 item (from the box) of your choice.
Sorry but this is a bad idea as this would flood the market with the rare items from the box

4- 50% discount
each box becomes 250KP, Crate = 1000KP.
(Code The Redeemer could give the extra boxes for those who bought during the first week)
These boxes were definately worth 500kp

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users