Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:24 AM

I don't have samsung HDD's its Seagate. Read the OP properly.

Hydro Series H80 is for Processor and the Hydro Series H100 is a "Radiator" which I have fitted to the front of my PC.

Everything is compatible with XP. Even if you have the crappiest config XP is going to run smoothly. It may not have the Graphics or User Friendliness but it gets the job done and well.

Most of hardcore gamer's use XP until now to keep up with competition Alienware used to use XP on gaming laptops. They still have an option for Ultimate Gaming Experience their own modified XP Package. They also recommend XP for their PC's.

The H80 and the H100 are two different CPU water-cooling blocks with different radiators.

Still not seeing anything anywhere online where you can purchase a 5TB Seagate HDD. Maybe a 5TB NAS, but not an internal 5TB HDD.

Everything that is compatible in XP is compatible in Windows 7. I've yet to run into any major software that I can get Windows 7 to run. The two times I've had issues with a program, I've been able to get it running in a VM.

Most "Hardcore gamer's" would realize that Windows XP completely cuts into their system resources. Like you, spending all that money on 16GB of RAM when Windows will only see 4GB of that, before it calculates in how much Video Memory that video card of yours has (I'm guessing 1.2GB) so you're suddenly down to only 2.8GB of the 16GB you have installed. If you have to ask why would I say that, then you're not a "hardcore gamer". You're just another person with daddy's credit card.

Also, XP doesn't really play as well with multi-core processors compared to Windows 7. So tell me again why "Hardcore Gamers" only use XP.

#52 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:30 AM

Also - Seagate has released 5TB internal drives? Can you post a link that proves this? I know they have 1 TB platters, and you can squeeze 5 platters into a drive, but I wasn't aware that they'd pulled the trigger on it.... They've already got the drive capacity crown, and demand for drives that big is not that strong, at least not at the prices they'd charge (the enterprises don't like them, because as drives get larger, RAID rebuilds take longer, and they're afraid of a second drive failing during the rebuild - and very very few consumers can fill even a 2-3 TB drive).

Everything I've looked up says that they were talking about releasing a 5TB drive sometime in 2012, but the articles are from Oct. 2011. Since then, I've have not been able to track down any newer information.

#53 slwl1

slwl1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:30 AM

what should i be looking at, chief?

hmm if you dunno and if i tell u i might be banned? but just see his desktop LOL.so stupid the gm should link the name to that acc and ban him but i doubt the gm would ban him since he is so daring to post that stuff here LOL.

#54 shOrtz

shOrtz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts
  • Server:bot infested

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:38 AM

Most of hardcore gamer's use XP until now to keep up with competition Alienware used to use XP on gaming laptops. They still have an option for Ultimate Gaming Experience their own modified XP Package. They also recommend XP for their PC's.

lol read properly what he said or he'll hit you with that shuvel........ :heh:

its sad how XP was scrapped even after vista failed terribly......
i mean most ppl dont even need all that graphics XP is hands down the best thing from MS....
lack in competition in pc OS sector is the reason ppl create things like vista.....
if only they had kept XP as a reference and designed a simpler OS for today's computers then ppl would definitely change from XP......

4Gb limitation is sad but then who dreamed of 8GB ram's on PC's in 2002....

Edit: sry bout vostro lol...im using dell vostro 1310......it was stalking my head

Edited by shOrtz, 18 June 2012 - 06:42 AM.

#55 BoingBoing

BoingBoing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:44 AM

Also - Seagate has released 5TB internal drives? Can you post a link that proves this? I know they have 1 TB platters, and you can squeeze 5 platters into a drive, but I wasn't aware that they'd pulled the trigger on it.... They've already got the drive capacity crown, and demand for drives that big is not that strong, at least not at the prices they'd charge (the enterprises don't like them, because as drives get larger, RAID rebuilds take longer, and they're afraid of a second drive failing during the rebuild - and very very few consumers can fill even a 2-3 TB drive).

He obviously meant 2.5tb drives in raid. Because of the thailand floodings, the entire hd industry is shifting to high capacity platters sooner than expected. Higher capacity drives don't have to be in demand, as seagate, samsung, wd are all focused on making on them to recover the lost productions. One of the core index for the hd industry is the total capacity sold (as well as estimated demand) per year, lower productions due to damaged factories and stockpiles = higher capacities drives to compensate.

#56 shOrtz

shOrtz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:44 AM

wow you guys actually went through all those images lol....
i think that guy made a honest mistake and by now he is transferring all his zeny and items to some other account.... :heh:

#57 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:47 AM

Asrock 970
Athlon II X3 455
8.00 RAM
300GB Caviar Black
Radeon 6950
Coolermaster Silent Pro 1000W

Nothing fancy, but it does everything I need it to do. Only complaint is the BIOS is a little sluggish and Radeon is not as easy to update as nVidia.

#58 shOrtz

shOrtz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:50 AM

hmm i see most of you guys use AMD. any reason other than it being cheaper compared to intel......
i prefer mental insidetm

#59 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:53 AM

I've been with AMD since the start and it hasn't failed me yet. I plan to upgrade to an X6 soon enough. So far I've only seen that people prefer i5s and i7s for extreme overclocking purposes.

Same thing with graphics cards. The Radeon HD Series is nice and inexpensive while providing the power ya need.

#60 Kenichi

Kenichi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:53 AM

cheaper for hardcore cheap gamers!

#61 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:58 AM

It is kinda amazing how RO can pretty much still cause a framerate lag in some of today's PCs ESPECIALLY when the Dark Illusion status gets inflicted on you, still waiting on the fix for that so I dont have to disable effects often...

#62 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:06 AM

Use AMD not because of the value or anything, but just because I always have and it's never given me a problem. Never really been about uselessly high specs just to have them, computer is just a tool that only needs to do its job, no more and no less.

desktop
Spoiler

#63 Kenichi

Kenichi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:14 AM

desktop =)
Posted Image

#64 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:14 AM

At work so I don't remember all the specifics offhand.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83 GHZ
Asus P5Q Motherboard
HIS Radeon 4870 1GB
WD Velociraptor 10k RPM 320GB
Bunch of data drives, like 3TB in total or something
8GB G.Skill 1066 DDR2 RAM
Corsair TX750 PSU
Antec 900 case

2x Samsung 24" 1920x1200 monitors, one is a T240HD
Logitech G9 gaming mouse
Logitech MX5500 wireless keyboard + mouse set

Regarding the Windows XP topic, I personally think Windows XP starts getting really slow and inefficient after a while, and is only remotely worth it if you care to reformat your computer every 2 months or something. Also, it's definitely not optimized for newer hardware like other people have mentioned already.

#65 AsurABl00d

AsurABl00d

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:iRO-Chaos

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:15 AM

Damn everyone is analyzing my pc xD I have 500x2 GB + 3x 1 TB so yea there it is

Edited by 596959601, 18 June 2012 - 07:21 AM.

#66 DarthSword

DarthSword

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSphinx Five

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:16 AM

468DX 2, 66MHZ: 8MB RAM: 340MB HDD: WIN95

#67 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:20 AM

desktop =)
Posted Image

Posted Image

#68 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:21 AM

Damn everyone is analyzing my pc xD I have 500x2 GB + 2x2 TB so yea there it is

That's what you get for a blatant bragging post like this ;-)

Those disks in a RAID or no? I assume RAID 1 (mirroring)?

Still - For all that money you spent on that computer, you should have sprung for an SSD....

#69 BoingBoing

BoingBoing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:22 AM

468DX 2, 66MHZ: 8MB RAM: 340MB HDD: WIN95

you meant 486 dx2? and it ran win95 instead of dos?

#70 AsurABl00d

AsurABl00d

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:28 AM

The H80 and the H100 are two different CPU water-cooling blocks with different radiators.

Still not seeing anything anywhere online where you can purchase a 5TB Seagate HDD. Maybe a 5TB NAS, but not an internal 5TB HDD.

Everything that is compatible in XP is compatible in Windows 7. I've yet to run into any major software that I can get Windows 7 to run. The two times I've had issues with a program, I've been able to get it running in a VM.

Most "Hardcore gamer's" would realize that Windows XP completely cuts into their system resources. Like you, spending all that money on 16GB of RAM when Windows will only see 4GB of that, before it calculates in how much Video Memory that video card of yours has (I'm guessing 1.2GB) so you're suddenly down to only 2.8GB of the 16GB you have installed. If you have to ask why would I say that, then you're not a "hardcore gamer". You're just another person with daddy's credit card.

Also, XP doesn't really play as well with multi-core processors compared to Windows 7. So tell me again why "Hardcore Gamers" only use XP.

http://www.itechfrea...01296944409.jpg

That's the 1TB HDD which I have 3 and 2 500GB.

After reading your posts you seem hindered by my config and can't accept it lol. Relax son. The CPU fan's attached to the radiator are optional they come off and on and you can use it anywhere in the PC Cabinet so I drilled a couple of holes and attached it on the side.

2x Fans on the back sucking out air 2x in the front pulling in air one on each side blowing in.

I don't use credit cards, you don't have to use credit cards when you own 2 Porsche dealerships.

My father is happily retired.

If you want more info I took 2 dumps this morning and had corn in them, come over for dinner my cook is making a Corn Salad just for you

#71 BoingBoing

BoingBoing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:38 AM

http://www.itechfrea...01296944409.jpg

That's the 1TB HDD which I have 3 and 2 500GB.

After reading your posts you seem hindered by my config and can't accept it lol. Relax son. The CPU fan's attached to the radiator are optional they come off and on and you can use it anywhere in the PC Cabinet so I drilled a couple of holes and attached it on the side.

2x Fans on the back sucking out air 2x in the front pulling in air one on each side blowing in.

I don't use credit cards, you don't have to use credit cards when you own 2 Porsche dealerships.

My father is happily retired.

If you want more info I took 2 dumps this morning and had corn in them, come over for dinner my cook is making a Corn Salad just for you

when did 2x2TB + 2x500GB become 3x1TB+2x500GB? How do you put those 5 drives in raid?

2 front fans, 2 back fans, and 1 on each side, so the motherboard/hd cage/psu must be floating in the middle?

#72 AsurABl00d

AsurABl00d

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:43 AM

That was a typo lol I had to open up and look xD..

Motherboard is not clipped on either side its clipped up to bottom so yes it is in the center for better venting.

http://www.ehow.com/...ive-raid-5.html

Edit: I'm not replying anything about my PC. i has a shuvel and will use it

Edited by 596959601, 18 June 2012 - 07:48 AM.

#73 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:05 AM

cpu- i7 3770k @ 4.5ghz + H100 for cooling
ram- 8gb ddr3 corsair vengeance
storage- 2 120gb ocz ssd in raid 0 for gamez and a 1tb seagate hdd for storage
vidya card- 2 evga gtx670 in sli
psu- 850w corsair

And im using my old dell crt monitor cause my lcd went boom :(

and why do you have a 1500w psu, doesnt that seem a bit overkill? you're not even running sli

Edited by Easly, 18 June 2012 - 08:10 AM.

#74 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:11 AM

And im using my old dell crt monitor cause my lcd went boom :(

#75 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:12 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIHLIcH6Ncw

yeah, somthing like that. minus the pissing ofc

Edited by Easly, 18 June 2012 - 08:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users