Azzy - How to auto attack on Mercenary - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Azzy - How to auto attack on Mercenary

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ohhemmgeee

ohhemmgeee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:17 PM

Noob question but I just started using a mercenary and can't figure out how to make him auto attack on his own rather than having me attack first then he supports like 3 seconds later or manually double click him to attack. I set his aggro HP to 100 and changed default tactic to attack (high) but that doesn't work. Help please? :p_swt:

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:55 AM

Noob question but I just started using a mercenary and can't figure out how to make him auto attack on his own rather than having me attack first then he supports like 3 seconds later or manually double click him to attack. I set his aggro HP to 100 and changed default tactic to attack (high) but that doesn't work. Help please? :p_swt:

That's because you set AggroHP to 100 - that means it will be aggressive only when it has more than 100% hp. That will never happen, and so it will never attack unless the monster attacks you or merc, or you attack the monster.

Set AggroHP to a lower value, and it should attack automatically.

This still will not attack monsters that it hasn't seen move/attack (this is an issue with geographers or a few other plant monsters) - If you're fighting immobile monsters, you need to turn off AutoDetectPlant (or AutoDetectPlants - forget which spelling I used. Purpose of the option is to keep it from wasting time killing herbs/mushrooms)

Also, note that behavior towards monsters summoned by players or other monsters is governed by Default Summon tactic, which is not aggressive (so as not to kill alchemists floras or pick fights with DB'ed monsters).

If that doesn't apply, and it still doesn't attack things:
First, open your RO folder and check for a file called AAIStartM.txt - that file is created every time you summon a merc (or teleport/mapchange with a merc out) using AzzyAI - if it's not there, the AI isn't installed correctly.

If that's OK, change the Default Summon tactic to attack. If that fixes it, there's a problem with magic numbers used to identify unnatural monsters (we don't attack unnatural/summoned monsters by default); In that case, please type /traceai while on the map, fight a few monsters, then type /traceai again, and send me the TraceAI.txt file from your RO folder, so I can examine it and fix the magic numbers for the next release.

Edited by DrAzzy, 21 June 2012 - 05:59 AM.

#3 ohhemmgeee

ohhemmgeee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:05 PM

Merc still isn't running around and killing on its own unless I am getting attacked and also merc and homu won't assist each other.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:59 PM

Do you have the AI's installed correctly? Have you done /merai for the merc? Can you post the contents of your AAIStartH.txt and AAIStartM.txt from your RO folder?

#5 ResperG

ResperG

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:59 PM

dear azzy,

how do u instal AI correctly?
Cause mine doesnt show AAIStartH.txt nor AAIStartM.txt.
Thanks

#6 ResperG

ResperG

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:14 PM

alright so AAIStartM.txt shows up now but still doesnt want to autoatk

#7 ResperG

ResperG

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:15 PM

Theres no AAIStartH.txt but the AAIStartM.txt contents is

AzzyAI (hom) version 1.54

Main version:1.54
AzzyUtil version:1.541
Constant version:1.54
Config: Custom, edited 3/12/2014 3:08:31 PM
Tactics: Custom, edited 3/12/2014 3:08:31 PM 
Time: 12/03/14 15:09:23
Lua VersionLua 5.1
Error: File version errorAI has been modified to use the ranged pierce exploit, this may be illegal on the RO you play, contact your game administrators if you are unsure. AzzyUtil.lua wrong version 1.54
Const_.lua wrong version 1.54
AI_main.lua wrong version 1.54

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:37 AM

1. Are you playing a pserver? AzzyAI targeting doesn't work on pservers. 

2. You're using an obsolete version of the AI. Latest is 1.551 (though I don't think this is the problem)

3. You've modified the AI to use the ranged pierce exploit (which doesn't work on iRO anymore). Do you have it configured to stand still and just use ranged pierce? (ie, donotchase=1 etc)? If so, that's the problem; ranged pierce doesn't work anymore. 

4. How are you testing it? What monsters, map, etc? Are you expecting it to attack non-mobile monsters? You need to turn off AutodetectPlants or whatever the option's called for it to automatically attack monsters it hasn't seen move (since mercs can't identify monsters, this option is on by default so mercs don't waste time and sp on herb plants)

Theres no AAIStartH.txt but the AAIStartM.txt contents is

AzzyAI (hom) version 1.54

Main version:1.54
AzzyUtil version:1.541
Constant version:1.54
Config: Custom, edited 3/12/2014 3:08:31 PM
Tactics: Custom, edited 3/12/2014 3:08:31 PM 
Time: 12/03/14 15:09:23
Lua VersionLua 5.1
Error: File version errorAI has been modified to use the ranged pierce exploit, this may be illegal on the RO you play, contact your game administrators if you are unsure. AzzyUtil.lua wrong version 1.54
Const_.lua wrong version 1.54
AI_main.lua wrong version 1.54

#9 ResperG

ResperG

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:02 AM

1. Im playing on iRO server

2. Well im using the 1.54 but like u said i dont think thats the root causes.

3. Im not sure what is that but donotchase is turned off.

4. I was testing it at anthell trying to kill ant egg. I turned off autodetectplants but still doesnt work.

Thanks for replying tho, but hopefully you can help me more on this problem <3

#10 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:01 AM

Oh, vs eggs in ant hell, you'll need to turn off AutoDetectPlant. Just setting that should be enough though - did you save the changes, and relog in game to load them?

#11 ResperG

ResperG

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 02:10 AM

I did but still didnt work. And I'm missing the AAIStartH.txt. Any reason for that?

#12 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 07 December 2014 - 07:37 AM

I did but still didnt work. And I'm missing the AAIStartH.txt. Any reason for that?

AAIStartH is for homun, AAIStartM is for merc.

You are getting AAIStartM, and the times in it get updated when you use merc, right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users