Team Inubashiri Headgear Package Preview [Preview 3] - Page 2 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 13 votes

Team Inubashiri Headgear Package Preview [Preview 3]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
500 replies to this topic

#26 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:04 AM

Glad to see the Shadow Chaser hat is up for discussion now! :D

I have to say, I really like the hat. I agree that the 120 INT is a bit steep, seeing that there are almost no Shadow Chasers that will get INT that high, regardless of their build. One thing I hope to have included in the hat is a bit more aspd. +2 APSD doesn't really feel like much considering it's so important to Shadow Spell. The idea to make it like the backpack sounds really good to me, since there are many different versions of Shadow Spell builds. I'll try to give this more thought later when I have more time.

Edited by Ramen, 27 June 2012 - 05:33 AM.

#27 Dinosexy

Dinosexy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:39 AM

Geneticist cart cannon doesn't need a boost. Buff cart tornado instead.

Kind of dissapointed to see feint bomb forever forgotten, but since ASS legit needs improvement it's better than some choices that have been made.

#28 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:08 AM

I like the yuyuko hat.
Makes me wonder if there will be a youmu ribbon too :3

*points to RK hat*

Well, let me start.

Ranger: MIONA KEMONA IS THANKFUL. FOREVER. Cluster won't be buffed, but I have an idea why Isn't it, Black Wing Set?

Chasers: A nice effect choice, absolutely. Instead of putting INT on 120 for the +50 MATK, instead could be put 10 every 5 INT after 100 (starting at 100), and going to 120 giving extra 10.

Maestro: A copycat of wanderer, because in leveling the classes are the same except by the strings and the... Moderated due to a lot of rage here. Same case as wanderer, this hat will only be complete after WOE update.

Mechanic: Nothing to comment, the hat is as good as it was.

Genetic: *sigh*... I don't like those effects. Let me repeat what I said on fungi area so everyone listens. The proposal example will also be posted.

Genetic: Cart Cannon is overused, and has the same "reduction-ignore" problem. So buffing the most-used /and overpowered skill will fall in the same case as RG and GX are right now. But unlike them, genetics have other options. The skill on my head is Cart Tornado, but yeah.

Other issue is. The dropping materials on the hat are not PVM materials, they are PVP materials. Mandragora Howling, Thorn Trap/Wall, Blood Sucker. All of them are essentially PVP skills. And a Spore Explosion damage buff would not sound cool, because hell, the poor genetic having to make spore bombs all the time. So a damage buff on Spore Explosion should only come if the item drop raised to something like 10%. And even so, it would be some kind of suplementary DPS, never being able to be the main damage source due to the "hardness" to make the catalyst.

Spoiler

Linker: This hat is overpowered. As. Hell. But melee linkers are bad, so they deserve it. The problem is. Linkers don't have an extension right now. So this hat would need to be reviewed in the same moment their expansions hit the server.

Super Novice. A great hat, except for the "%" HP/SP/ATK/MATK values. THIS. IS. RENEWAL. A bad place to put atk% and matk%

Edited by asayuu, 27 June 2012 - 05:12 AM.

#29 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:12 AM

Linker one looks fun, can kill more bad gx and rangers in pvp on my str/agi linker then roflllll

#30 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:25 AM

Kind of dissapointed to see feint bomb forever forgotten, but since ASS legit needs improvement it's better than some choices that have been made.

Same here, bow chasers would love to have Feint Bomb as secondary arsenal. But Feint Bomb formula is stupid.

Feint Bomb

Variable Cast Time: 1 second
Skill re-use Delay: 5 seconds
AoE: 5x5
Backslide distance: (3 * Skill Level) cells
Enters hiding status after backslide
Damage: ATK [(Skill Level + 1) x (Caster’s DEX / 2) x (Caster’s Job Level / 10) x Caster’s Base Level / 120)] %

Nice formula, except for the bolded part. Means a job 1 chaser has 0 atk with it. And the skill would only reach maximum power as job 50.

#31 Gunkar

Gunkar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationLes Écureuils
  • Server:Ygg, Valk, CLASSIC

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:53 AM

Glad to see that finally i'll be more viable with the SN.. this hat gonna be a "must have"
i'd prefer to see bonus hit point more than % but this is ok...

as said... bonus of an amount of hp or sp by refining system and base level should be great too

but overall... this is much more than we already have so really happy about it...

now... my question is... : "when will see it in game???" :p_laugh:

#32 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:01 AM

Chasers: A nice effect choice, absolutely. Instead of putting INT on 120 for the +50 MATK, instead could be put 10 every 5 INT after 100 (starting at 100), and going to 120 giving extra 10.

Spoiler

We are not warlocks. We need STR/VIT/AGI/DEX. Caster Chasers might consider INT above 100, but Spell Chasers wouldn't.

#33 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:10 AM

Spoiler

We are not warlocks. We need STR/VIT/AGI/DEX. Caster Chasers might consider INT above 100, but Spell Chasers wouldn't.

Small bonuses to small leaps. Not like the huge leap at 120 as it is currently.

Small "+10" touches for every 5 int after 100, counting the one in 100, so even the most varied builds would get a small taste of the MATK cake, instead of being forced to go 120 to get the whole cake.

[aka:
100 = +10
105 = +10 + 10 = +20
110 = + 20 + 10 = +30
115 = + 30 + 10 = +40
120 = + 40 + 10 = +50

Instead of the

120 = +50

right now]

The point is. The hat seemed to be based on a hindsight sage build, in which only AGI and INT matters. You can see in the set, as there is a "MATK + 2 every 5 AGI".

Maybe it could be put on the reviewed version, some addition like:

MATK+1 every 5 STR
MATK+1 every 5 DEX
MATK+1 every 5 AGI

together, instead of just AGI as it is right now.

[Edit: I guess instead of backpack style (only after 90 on stat), it should be more like kRO-Fallen Angel Wing style. 1 stat every 20 other stats.]

Edited by asayuu, 27 June 2012 - 06:26 AM.

#34 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:13 AM

I think these gears should be heavily PVM dependent, so you should even be considering building your character completely different for PVM and have your build oriented towards these headgears; then, at 150, you can reset to a more end-game / WoE oriented build. So over 100 INT seems kind of reasonable to me. Lots of upcoming kRO gears will have certain bonuses at 120 too from what I can see.

#35 AnHeroPrime

AnHeroPrime

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:49 AM

I agree with the posts about giving set amount of hp/sp to the super novice because %'s aren't going to do much for the class with such a low base hp and sp pools. Also another problem with super novice (especially melee super novice) is lack of good aoe skills making them not too useful in parties. Since you don't have a super novice accessory maybe create one that gives decent 2nd class aoe skills, like say bowling bash 10 for melee, or stormgust 10 for magic, or maybe do something crazy like allow them access to Intimidate 10 and preserve (This might be a little too OP but it's an idea!)

Edited by AnHeroPrime, 27 June 2012 - 06:50 AM.

#36 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:21 AM

Well i'm kinda sleepy so the only thing i can articulate clearly is the need for a different hp/sp bonus for super novie.
Characters with under 10k hp usually benefit more from fixed bonuses.

I feel this change will be needed, just kinda put them as percents to see what people thought, I needed justification really.

We'll take a closer look at Shadow Chaser one in the days to come, I myself have just been swamped with other projects and my own IRL responsibilities.

We don't except to get these right the first time which is why we want the community to comment on them.

#37 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:05 AM

I feel this change will be needed, just kinda put them as percents to see what people thought, I needed justification really.

We'll take a closer look at Shadow Chaser one in the days to come, I myself have just been swamped with other projects and my own IRL responsibilities.

We don't except to get these right the first time which is why we want the community to comment on them.

I think you guys did a great job on them. We're all happy with the SC & super novice hats, its just some tiny changes needed ^^

On another note I felt like the SC hat could get 5 aspd instead of 2... (being selfish of course). People who are not going ASS build would not benefit the aspd at all, however people going ASS build 2 aspd is helpful but does not make a huge difference. When solo'ing with ASS, without shield, I usually hit 186 aspd with potions and buffs, but because of the delay from ASS I often needed to equip shield in order to survive. It drops my aspd to 184 but it seriously makes no difference in proc-ing ASS. A 5 aspd difference however can make chasers equip shields without getting too much penatly, or choose to not equip shields and have a MUCH faster solo-ing benefit, easily hitting 186 aspd without potions and 99 agi. So it won't be over-powered for other builds but super great for ASS builds ^^

#38 MrKisuke

MrKisuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:50 AM

A really great job! Good work.
Personally... I'm only interested in the Super Novice one xD
I really like the stats for the Ascendant Crown [1]. actually I love it.

However, I'm a bit skeptical on its design. It seems like something more aimed at female players.
Perhaps make it seem more like Kings/Queen Crown if anything?
Or more solid and universal. Something that appeals to Super Novices more.
Something more advanced/epic than this one --->Posted Image

Or Maybe something cool like this even? That's if, It is possible. =D
Posted Image
Over all. I hope the headgears gets chosen and implemented!!!

Edited by MrKisuke, 27 June 2012 - 08:54 AM.

#39 Eternal

Eternal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:03 AM

5 aspd would be great, the chaser stuff looks good except the 120int for matk thing. I don't see any chaser wanting to go max int.

#40 Serigeese

Serigeese

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Server:Ymir / Classic

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:26 AM

Looking so far for the Spell Chasers comments, the clash of ideas was going to be obvious (Though it's all on good terms, we just want to make it a solid idea and etc. etc.) I think we need to address the real issue. :hmm:

The proc rate for Shadow Spell. MAYBE IT'S IT POSSIBLE TO BUFF THE PROC CHANCE,If that is possible then we wouldn't need so much ASPD to guarantee for the ability to activate. This way we can get more MATK bonuses added and such, the reliance on AGI would decrease a little and we can focus more on STR/INT/DEX ?

Just more fuel for the fire, discuss this one for a bit.

#41 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:27 AM

My idea for the SN hat at +7/+9 is still available for adjustment/discussion too if you're looking past the Percentage HP/SP Buffs :p_sick:

Edited by Senkasa, 27 June 2012 - 09:28 AM.

#42 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:11 AM

Looking so far for the Spell Chasers comments, the clash of ideas was going to be obvious (Though it's all on good terms, we just want to make it a solid idea and etc. etc.) I think we need to address the real issue. :hmm:

The proc rate for Shadow Spell. MAYBE IT'S IT POSSIBLE TO BUFF THE PROC CHANCE,If that is possible then we wouldn't need so much ASPD to guarantee for the ability to activate. This way we can get more MATK bonuses added and such, the reliance on AGI would decrease a little and we can focus more on STR/INT/DEX ?

Hmmm this is extremely interesting. I guess it would work, but usually changing the skill itself (besides damage function) is pretty hard, so they don't usually do it. This is definitively another option to consider though - although it might be unbalanced for those who can actually easily reach 190-193 aspd, on top of having +% proc chance, would be too strong. Maybe only a few people can do it but still - *if* the hat would double proc chance, I would spend all my family's money to get 193 aspd + the hat lol.

#43 mintypudding

mintypudding

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1306 posts
  • Server:Your Mom

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:46 AM

I WANT A BATTLE PRIEST SET. F U. No matter how much hard work I spend trying to bolster up my character, I can never match the DPS of Rangers who get a super convenient White Wing Set... :p_cry:

With that said, I commend you for giving some much-needed attention to alternative builds. The rarer the build, the more fun they are to me - unless they irreparably suck, haha.

Edited by mintypudding, 27 June 2012 - 10:46 AM.

#44 ScepticalChymist

ScepticalChymist

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:18 AM

:sob: Nuuuuu...Popo just said I irreparably suck. :sob:

#45 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:19 AM

the super novice hat is really nice, even though i feel like it's almost too strong.

there's only one thing i dislike about it, i think it should give a fixed value of sp instead of a percentage. even 80SP (willow card) would almost be stronger than 15%. the base value for super novice SP is just so incredibly low that we won't get anything out of those 15%

15% HP is more than enough though.

Edited by Agahim, 27 June 2012 - 11:36 AM.

#46 mintypudding

mintypudding

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1306 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:29 AM

:sob: Nuuuuu...Popo just said I irreparably suck. :sob:

No way, you're the most kickass SN ever. You're irreparably pro, haha. By crappy builds, I mean something really stupid, like a crit battle Warlock. But even that sounds like it might work with a bit of dedication and effort.

#47 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:28 PM

Well, I don't think it's possible, unless they make a huge code like:

"If you have the skill x, you get 10% chance to autocast it on the level Shadow Spell says".

And this for every magic auto-casted by SS, which means the code would be huge. Possible, is, but I don't even would LIKE to see the code size to do it.

#48 Kenichi

Kenichi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:35 PM

I wants meh maestro hat nao!

#49 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:05 PM

I WANT A BATTLE PRIEST SET

Already slatted for a second edition of gears, most will be generic but I thought I'd include one specifically for that.

#50 mintypudding

mintypudding

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1306 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:16 PM

OH YES, FAP TIME.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users