Team Inubashiri Headgear Package Preview [Preview 3] - Page 20 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 13 votes

Team Inubashiri Headgear Package Preview [Preview 3]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
500 replies to this topic

#476 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:49 PM

soul linker and super novice got hats but ninja and gunslingers got NOTHING... and they boosted AS for rangers and CC for genes? wtf?

#477 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:02 PM

Poorly designed hats, been saying it for a while. Just look at the wanderer hat. It gives fixed cast time reduction to a class that doesn't really have any.

#478 Tenmuki

Tenmuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:11 PM

Just a headsup, inubashiri has stopped volunteering for gravity for many months now due to some complications, so she had no say in the final outcome of the rest of the hats.

#479 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:46 PM

Just a headsup, inubashiri has stopped volunteering for gravity for many months now due to some complications, so she had no say in the final outcome of the rest of the hats.

Can anyone intervine and continue the project as inubashiri's substitute?

#480 Tenmuki

Tenmuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:02 PM

Well they already put them out for 4th of july's quest rewards xD so the project has been completed I guess.

just posted earlier in case any equip stats seemed funky.

#481 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:37 PM

Mmm understandable. Hope she isn't as busy as before and get to tend to her irl stuff!

Although many parts of the hats are incorrect (such as requiring a soul linker to equip at lv100) and some effects aren't supposed to be there. Me and a couple of others can put together a really suitable and much more reasonable effect on the 2nd and 3rd set of hats than right now (already did in previous posts!); it's just if WP is willing to let that happen or not =x

#482 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:06 AM

I and others could have designed these hats 10x better than Inubashiri ever could, but Gravity does play favorites, after all.

#483 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:59 AM

The hats as proposed were sent to kRO and returned in the form that you see them in today, which are available for free from this free quest. We look forward to useful feedback on these items based on user experiences so they can better reflect the initial effects we had sent.  

I and others could have designed these hats 10x better than Inubashiri ever could, but Gravity does play favorites, after all.

We work with people who are able to treat others with respect. Please don't post in this thread anymore Jaye. Thank you. 

#484 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:11 AM

Ninja (ninja kagerou and oboro), Gunslingers, and TKM got completely left out in the cold... yet soul linkers and super novices get hats... first ninja cant participate in RWC now this...  CLASSISM at its best....

#485 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:41 AM

Ninja (ninja kagerou and oboro), Gunslingers, and TKM got completely left out in the cold... yet soul linkers and super novices get hats... first ninja cant participate in RWC now this...  CLASSISM at its best....

Post your ideas then. You're an artist, so I'm sure you could come up with something and you're passionate about your class.

There you go; put the two together and come up with something badass.

#486 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:33 AM

soul linkers can't even use their hats right now anyway since it's level 100 requirement; not sure when that's going to be fixed.

#487 st4rw4k3r

st4rw4k3r

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:32 PM

Can anyone intervine and continue the project as inubashiri's substitute?

I wouldn't mind working on hats, but I'm no artist.

Night Sparrow Hat [1]

Spoiler

Edited by st4rw4k3r, 03 July 2014 - 12:34 PM.

#488 ALSJ

ALSJ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:11 PM

The hats as proposed were sent to kRO and returned in the form that you see them in today, which are available for free from this free quest. We look forward to useful feedback on these items based on user experiences so they can better reflect the initial effects we had sent.  

Is there a specific time frame when feedback will get pooled together to get the intended revisions? Stating two examples, the proposed Autumn Hairband was nowhere close to the result we received, and the Dead Man Bandana (aside from the stale name) had a proposed Level requirement of 50 and was meant for Soul Linker only. We, instead, received another hat for 3rd Mages to wear, along with different effects. At this point, the first four released headgears have enough user experience to actually send feedback.

There are constructive proposals from various users in this thread to better adhere to the main goal of these headgears: promoting non-mainstream skills and builds. Wanderer, Soul Linker, Royal Guard, Super Novice and Shadow Chaser are the main ones with good feedback and thought. In addition, there was a wait to discuss Gunslinger (likely Rebellion, at this rate), Kagerou/Oboro, and Taekwon Master headgears. Just a matter of opening the discussion to share the ideas.

Specific sentiments are understandable, at this point. Some of us feel like we attempted to discuss, only to be ignored. The 'Carrot on a string' feeling.

#489 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:23 PM

well for Kagerou and Oboro id say the only build that could use a little help would be the melee build... the magic and throw builds are already pretty decent... id like to see a hat that increases the damage of melee attacks, increased aspd, and an increase in HP... maybe increasing the damage from shadow slash and cross slash would be a nice addition... but their throw and magic skills dont really need much help (other than the charms not buffing ice or aoe damage as much as they should)

#490 st4rw4k3r

st4rw4k3r

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:43 PM

well for Kagerou and Oboro id say the only build that could use a little help would be the melee build... the magic and throw builds are already pretty decent... id like to see a hat that increases the damage of melee attacks, increased aspd, and an increase in HP... maybe increasing the damage from shadow slash and cross slash would be a nice addition... but their throw and magic skills dont really need much help (other than the charms not buffing ice or aoe damage as much as they should)

I agree that the melee build would have to be buffed, perhaps a buff for the shadow skills too.

#491 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:00 PM

Here's my take on a Kage/Obo melee hat:

• Reduce the after cast delay of Cross Slash by 30%. When attacking physically, proc Ninja Aura status (at the user's learned level) at a 5% chance (no HP/SP drain).

• Critical damage +20% and reduce the SP cost of Shadow Slash by 10 at +7.

• +2% aspd per point in Left and Right Hand Mastery at +9 (total +20% aspd with 5 points in each).

And the accessory to go with it:

• +1% elemental resistance per summoned charm corresponding to the charm's element. At 10 charms, damage of that element is increased by 10%.

• While this accessory is equipped with [the hat] at +9, Summon Spirit Sphere will not affect charms.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 03 July 2014 - 05:56 PM.

#492 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:18 PM

Inu hat or Eddga hat at +9 should offer any kind of melee character decent leveling experience far far superior than whatever the hat we have right now. So any sort of damage perk that are offered from hats are pointless. 50% hp increase hat for ninja is what i want more than anything. 

#493 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:50 PM

Here's my take on a Kage/Obo melee hat:

Reduce the after cast delay of Cross Slash by 30%. When attacking physically, proc Ninja Aura status (at the user's learned level) at a 5% chance (no HP/SP drain).

Critical damage +20% and reduce the SP cost of Shadow Slash by 10 at +7.

+2% aspd per point in Left and Right Hand Mastery at +9 (total +20% aspd with 5 points in each).

cross slash needs more damage imo, but reducing cooldown to make a kag/obo able to self-two-cross-slashes is still decent imo.

i'd like a 0.5 flat aspd per points in left and right mastery (for a total of 5 flat aspd with all 5 points spent in each) instead of percentage (some other hats give +5 flat aspd too)

auto-proccing options are ninja aura, shadow warrior for kagero, or maybe mirror image?

edit: maybe a few hp increase at +7 and lot moar hp increase at +9. or hp increases per refine rate? but that won't match with other hats' refine bonus pattern

Edited by spikexp, 03 July 2014 - 05:52 PM.

#494 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:59 PM

cross slash needs more damage imo, but reducing cooldown to make a kag/obo able to self-two-cross-slashes is still decent imo.

i'd like a 0.5 flat aspd per points in left and right mastery (for a total of 5 flat aspd with all 5 points spent in each) instead of percentage (some other hats give +5 flat aspd too)

auto-proccing options are ninja aura, shadow warrior for kagero, or maybe mirror image?

edit: maybe a few hp increase at +7 and lot moar hp increase at +9. or hp increases per refine rate? but that won't match with other hats' refine bonus pattern

KS is a common and very popular skill. imo it doesn't need a buff with MHP increase effects, since this is for lesser used builds. MHP buffs would also put the skill on par with GoH, which I don't think anybody wants :P

Autoproc Mirror Image would be completely OP xD

I think flat aspd would be a tad much (we don't want Kage/Obo to be GXs after all).

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 03 July 2014 - 06:02 PM.

#495 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:00 PM

if ninja aura autoprocs it needs to not consume HP as it does now

if Shadow Warrior autoprocs it needs to not consume shadow orbs

if mirror image autoprocs it needs to not consume shadow orbs

any increase in aspd would be welcome

either increasing the base damage for cross slash or reducing the cooldown on it would work since even in BLC its not often 2 kagerou will be working together...

and i like the idea CharAznable had abotu boosting HP by 50%

and shadow slash could use a damage buff all around id say moreso for its not crits than its crits... ive SEEN crits with shadow slash and with a base damage buff i can only imagine the crit damage... and a crit melee is WAY WAY niche even in the melee builds for K/O classes...

#496 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:06 PM

KS is a common and very popular skill. imo it doesn't need a buff with MHP increase effects, since this is for lesser used builds.

Autoproc Mirror Image would be completely OP xD

I think flat aspd would be a tad much (we don't want Kage/Obo to be GXs after all).

KS isnt a skill most even bother with now... it doesnt do enough in PVP or WoE due to all the reducts  (magic and RT reign there) and youre not going to use it for killing MVPs... its become a for fun skill more than anything... i dont really like the idea of any of the autoprocs personally... and as for the HP, Kagerou are sooo damn squishy even with css and mirror image due to how many of teh skills (both monster and player) bypass these skills anyway... people arnt wanting the HP buffs for KS they want them more for the SURVIVABILITY...

#497 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:11 PM

KS isnt a skill most even bother with now... it doesnt do enough in PVP or WoE due to all the reducts  (magic and RT reign there) and youre not going to use it for killing MVPs... its become a for fun skill more than anything... i dont really like the idea of any of the autoprocs personally... and as for the HP, Kagerou are sooo damn squishy even with css and mirror image due to how many of teh skills (both monster and player) bypass these skills anyway... people arnt wanting the HP buffs for KS they want them more for the SURVIVABILITY...

I've 1-hit squishies (usually WLs) in PvP with KS before, using the MHP boost effect of Glorious Suit. Imagine if you somehow managed to stack that suit with enhanced variants AND the proposed +50% MHP hat (potentially with a HP booster garment). You'd be 1-hitting just about anyone that looks at you funny.

#498 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:22 PM

I've 1-hit squishies (usually WLs) in PvP with KS before, using the MHP boost effect of Glorious Suit. Imagine if you somehow managed to stack that suit with enhanced variants AND the proposed +50% MHP hat (potentially with a HP booster garment). You'd be 1-hitting just about anyone that looks at you funny.

you might kill squichies with it but a well geared player (as most of the pvper are these days) is dying that easily to a KS.... even a powered up ks... hell Karas is dropping KS for over 125k and hes not killing people in pvp... its a forced neutral skill so in addition to all the woe reducts, any reducts on neutral elements effects the crap out of it as does ranged reducts... anybody who knows what they are really doing in pvp isnt dying to KS anymore which is why most people have abandoned it...

#499 BlkWidowAlchemis

BlkWidowAlchemis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:25 PM

I think a decent hat for melee would be something like this:

"ninja hat [1]"

Gives +1 flat aspd per maxing of each right and left hand mastery ( 2 flat aspd total)

GIves +2% hp per refine

At +7 Adds a chance for when dealing physical damage, normal attacks will do splash damage for 10 seconds

At +9 (not quite sure honestly)

When equipped with special ninja suit [1] gives + 1 flat aspd

When equipped with ninja scale armour [1] gives 5% hp increase

When equipped with Tenebris Latitantes [1] (not quite sure either)

the acc could do something like:

"Ninja Accessory [1]"

+3% matk

+3% atk

when equipped with "ninja hat [1]" gives 2% shadow slash damage per refine of "Ninja hat [1]"

Or somethign to do with crit damage

#500 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:32 PM

I think a decent hat for melee would be something like this:

"ninja hat [1]"

Gives +1 flat aspd per maxing of each right and left hand mastery ( 2 flat aspd total)

GIves +2% hp per refine

At +7 Adds a chance for when dealing physical damage, normal attacks will do splash damage for 10 seconds

At +9 (not quite sure honestly)

When equipped with special ninja suit [1] gives + 1 flat aspd

When equipped with ninja scale armour [1] gives 5% hp increase

When equipped with Tenebris Latitantes [1] (not quite sure either)

the acc could do something like:

"Ninja Accessory [1]"

+3% matk

+3% atk

when equipped with "ninja hat [1]" gives 2% shadow slash damage per refine of "Ninja hat [1]"

Or somethign to do with crit damage

most of that can already be achieved with other gears like a +7 Leo Diadem... id rather see cross slash, shadow slash and HP get buffs and a small boost to aspd... have the accessory do 1% chance per refine level of hat to do melee splash damage for 10 seconds when melee attacking... +3% atk and matk is less than i get with my Sign as is... and making ninja specific armors a requirement kinda reduces their usefulness in pvp situations

Edited by Facekiller, 03 July 2014 - 06:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users