Classic Server opening settings of interest - Page 3 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 13 votes

Classic Server opening settings of interest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
615 replies to this topic

#51 Lynzie

Lynzie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Classic

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:55 AM

Hoping for the best, expecting the worst when it comes to bot population control.

Limiting the character creation slots to 1 instead of 0 seems completely pointless, especially when it's the only benefit for being VIP, and VIP will cost the same since it's cross-server. Just make it 3 or remove the limit completely; very few people are going to pay for VIP just to be able to make several characters on one account.

If the point of the class-change stones is to deter bots, they need to be required to leave the training grounds rather than to change to second class. By the time bots get to the point where they can change to second class they'll have done their damage, and they'll have more than enough zeny to buy the stones from other players anyway. If that isn't the point, then what is?

And yeah, I'd like to know if we'll have the renewal interface, too. Especially for the fourth battlemode bar.

#52 fasthands

fasthands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:59 AM

will stat enchanter be in game?

#53 Sigurthr

Sigurthr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:00 AM

Yeah, no enriched items.

#54 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:All

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:07 AM

Well.

Time to charge 50 bucks to my phone.

Sorry, FiDo.

Question: Will Alchemists be able to get homunculus? Lighthalzen won't be available, but will the NPC's be moved, perhaps, or will we have to wait?

Edited by Faolain, 27 June 2012 - 01:11 AM.

#55 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:08 AM

Does this mean we're getting pre-Amatsu monster relocation maps (i.e GH Prison without Rybio/Injustice, Clock Tower 4F without rideword/mimics)? Or just the removal of some annoying monster like GH Prison without Hunterfly but Rybio/Injustice is staying?

The problem with these "annoyance monsters" is when they make up 20-50% of the map spawn. Most maps they should not be more than 5-10% of the spawn. Enough to challenge you but not so many as to make you burn hundreds of wings just to level on some lvl 30 map.

#56 FoxyWoxy

FoxyWoxy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:09 AM

Not very interested in playing with bots.

#57 Breeg

Breeg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:12 AM

Do all rental items require level 1?

#58 Naida

Naida

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:15 AM

Thank you Heim!

#59 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:15 AM

Do all rental items require level 1?

I asked this a page or two ago and never got an answer either...

#60 lyndelein

lyndelein

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:17 AM

I dunno if I understood this right. We can simply download the current Iro Client and it will be updated for the Classic Server? Correct me if I'm wrong ^^

#61 Sigurthr

Sigurthr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:18 AM

Enriched Ores are game breakers :|

#62 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:18 AM

Beata, for the launch I need it to be as open as possible, we will be attentive to the low areas to be sure bots get thunked out easier. We have been reallocating resources to allow for this.

For VIP, the problem is the map server just isn't equipped to be able to read if you have VIP or not, I would love it to, but it just isn't available. It is possible later it will be an option, but waiting for a possible that may never come isn't how we get this launched.

For VIP benefits, would it be possible for you to add an npc who grants the VIP buffs when you talk to him? Or like, give him a battle manual and have him give you the effect of manual on VIP, and so on... ^^;

#63 fasthands

fasthands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:19 AM

I asked this a page or two ago and never got an answer either...

99% sure lvl 1 req

#64 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:19 AM

Rental item level, needs looked at a little bit, not decided on final levle requirement.

GUI, will be pre-renewal. HQ isn't redesigning the game to allow us to do this and that level of code change is not possible for us to do without a lot of support.

Pre-Amatsu monster distribution is the "goal" but I don't know how well that will apply overall. But that feeling is what we are shooting for.

#65 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:22 AM

If you're revamping the rental item levels (The weapons at least) Make the level 4 weapons require level 27 or 33 or something. That way you have to work before you can use it and not exactly "Pay to win" your way up the levels the easy way.

I'd assume all the rental weapons are level 4 practically, so around those 2 levels sound good...

#66 Althes

Althes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Both

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:23 AM

In my opinion, the VIP for creation character is what will make this server to become another Ymir with around 500 players online. Yes bots are restricted in a mass degree but also players. Take real consideration about this. I think first job change require magic stone is a great idea, like someone stated before, first job classes already has the ability on mass botting things like stem, poison spore, honey, herbs and so on, moreover, cards like pecopeco cards, phen cards etc.

Another thing, the 1x rate makes me feel a little bit bad. But seems like it's already in stone, so I will just hope for some sort of helping-leveling-quest to be implemented, if not leveling will be real gg.

Afterall, I appreaciate Heim to his effort to this server.

#67 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:25 AM

The only thing that can be done for VIP in-game would be an item, that you would have to purchase, frankly it wouldn't be able to do the things many of you would want like bonus exp/drops/lower death penalty and storage increase. It would be able to act as a "key" to get you out of the training grounds or job change whatever. Frankly it is sloppier to do it that way rather than the Magical stone.

Us giving the reset stone to those with VIP is a possible solution, but won't be instant enough to be of great use. (even doing it twice a day would be a burden on our team and still not be fast enough to fit in with play sessions).

This part that all of you are honing in on is the weak link for this server, I don't like it, but I don't have a better option other than pushing players to do those video things for free points.

Client : if you have current client it will be a patch to get classic.

#68 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:26 AM

Also... is the Asura Rental Box necessary for the premier launch since we don't even have ninjas? I feel first-timers would waste their money, open that, and realize it's not for ninjas... unless you allow mages to use it as well or something....

#69 rodezja

rodezja

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:29 AM

Magic Stones:
These are kafra shop items, I do expect players to be vending them, we will also be advising players to watch some videos to earn some points to buy 1 for themselves for free. Yes we do have videos you can watch for WP points, you can watch around 7 of them a day to get free points all the time, just go to the power up page.

My power up page only show up 3 videos, earlier there were none. Also, I have no idea if those are repeatable. Maybe consider adding those videos to non - US players snice it's INTERNATIONAL RO, not US RO?

#70 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:31 AM

since old morroc is in, what about old payon? do we get old or new payon?

also i take the "watching videos for WP thing" only works for americans? or is it "global" ?

Edited by Agahim, 27 June 2012 - 01:32 AM.

#71 Foaad

Foaad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:32 AM

I want:
Light Blue Potions
Light White Potions
Battle Manuals x3

This is not 2003, Players who are coming back for this server are not 15 years old kids, and most of them only care about WoE and hate grinding and farmin and PvM and all the tedious stuff.

#72 SVKnight

SVKnight

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationMy own room~

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:34 AM

My power up page only show up 3 videos, earlier there were none. Also, I have no idea if those are repeatable. Maybe consider adding those videos to non - US players snice it's INTERNATIONAL RO, not US RO?

+1 to this. Or some alternatives for non-US players. >_<

#73 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:35 AM

Rental item level, needs looked at a little bit, not decided on final levle requirement.

That wil sound a bit dissapointing to the people who are lapping up 30-40k wpe's and stocking up on even more :p_smile:

#74 Zodiac89

Zodiac89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:35 AM

Battle Manuals x3

Uhh yeah... Not a chance bud.

Besides, if you think leveling is that bad you can just wait until they start implementing the higher level dungeons and you can just level as fast as people used to at the end of pre-renewal.

#75 digitalhardcore

digitalhardcore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:41 AM

is it me or do robo eyes cost more now>?? werent they like 600 when they came out>??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users