• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 AllTheGuys

AllTheGuys

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:27 PM

i really find this annoying and if when around talking to peaple about to make sure it isnt just me and they all feel the same way we all want a timer for the medal's we use for ex:Fortune medal (when your farming) we dont know how long its going to last when your using a trainee medal you dont know when your going to stop leveling it would greatly help if the GM team can bring that and i want the crowds suggestion even though i got abunch already

#2 Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • LocationIndia-Mumbai

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:18 PM

it would be a good idea if they put a pause option on it too
eg...i m farming with any medal and bullets finish,need pots or need repairs
i can simply pause for the while i m not farming a restart it

#3 DarkGero

DarkGero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:30 AM

i really find this annoying and if when around talking to peaple about to make sure it isnt just me and they all feel the same way we all want a timer for the medal's we use for ex:Fortune medal (when your farming) we dont know how long its going to last when your using a trainee medal you dont know when your going to stop leveling it would greatly help if the GM team can bring that and i want the crowds suggestion even though i got abunch already

from what ive been able to make out medals will finish on the hour, (exp at least havent tested the drops medal for this) for example if you use an hour long exp medal at 10:55am it will expire at 12 midday. if you use a half hour exp medal at 9:15pm it will expire at 10pm.

i for one would hate to have a timer up on the medals, if you go through and do some math on those examples and maybe do some tests on your own i think you'll find out why

#4 Wirts

Wirts

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:00 PM

everyone knows why - the dev team i'm sure knows as well - it just probably doesn't matter that much to them.

as mentioned the exp medals will always round up to the next hour/half hour.

It is ideal for the hour long medals to start them at 1 minute after the hour (ex. 8:01) because it will round up to the next hour (ex. 10:00) and you will amost get 2 hours from 1 medal.

For the half hour medal the same applies but you can start at :01 or :31 and get a full hour from them.

I usually leave a few mins buffer time incase my clock is off from the game clock and start anywhere from :02 to :05 after the hour.

The OP will probably kick himself for wasting extra money on medals now - but at least he will know for the future. It wasn't a big seceret if you talked to anyone in parties that used medals.

#5 DarkGero

DarkGero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:05 PM

as mentioned the exp medals will always round up to the next hour/half hour.

For the half hour medal the same applies but you can start at :01 or :31 and get a full hour from them.

you sure about that? the times that i used the half hour medals if i used them at 7:35 they would expire at 9:00, maybe i just got lucky a couple of times tho

#6 Wirts

Wirts

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:21 AM

you sure about that? the times that i used the half hour medals if i used them at 7:35 they would expire at 9:00, maybe i just got lucky a couple of times tho

sounds like it was coded as an hour medal - you might have just gotten lucky.
what i posted I have experienced personally on many different characters over several medals.

occasionally gravity's game clock gets off and there are glitchs with the game - you can see the same results for happy hours some times when the time varies from what is expected.

I have had experiences like you just described - but they don't seem to be the norm - so i just attribute it to a glitch and enjoy the extra time.

#7 popo22

popo22

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:40 AM

from what ive been able to make out medals will finish on the hour, (exp at least havent tested the drops medal for this) for example if you use an hour long exp medal at 10:55am it will expire at 12 midday. if you use a half hour exp medal at 9:15pm it will expire at 10pm.

i for one would hate to have a timer up on the medals, if you go through and do some math on those examples and maybe do some tests on your own i think you'll find out why

you are wrong.

i just started to farm on my own a few days ago and i used 2 medals of fortune: the first was for 2 hours and the second was almost 4 hours(it could be more but i stopped farming)

#8 Wirts

Wirts

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:41 AM

you are wrong.

i just started to farm on my own a few days ago and i used 2 medals of fortune: the first was for 2 hours and the second was almost 4 hours(it could be more but i stopped farming)

I don't think you can says someone is wrong if you only have experience with 2 medals...
For one reason he said...

havent tested the drops medal for this

and the other simple reason i already stated...

occasionally gravity's game clock gets off and there are other glitchs with the game

This game is riddled with glitches and bugs so who knows what you will get at any given time. I think people are just giving an average of what you can expect from their multiple experiences.

#9 DarkGero

DarkGero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:13 AM

and i tested it again twice last night went from 6:35 - 8pm the second went from 8:54 till 10pm.

maybe its just choosing the best time when gravitys clock will be messed up who knows

#10 Wirts

Wirts

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:45 AM

and i tested it again twice last night went from 6:35 - 8pm the second went from 8:54 till 10pm.

maybe its just choosing the best time when gravitys clock will be messed up who knows

you were using hour medal right? what you just posted is what most of us have come to expect - it usually rounds up to the next hour.

So most people would have tried to start at 6:01 and go to 8pm. and likewise started at 8:01 - 10pm

#11 DarkGero

DarkGero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:49 PM

you were using hour medal right? what you just posted is what most of us have come to expect - it usually rounds up to the next hour.

So most people would have tried to start at 6:01 and go to 8pm. and likewise started at 8:01 - 10pm

nope both half hour medals :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users