1) Make your novice.
2) As soon as you spawn in the novice grounds, talk to Shion TWICE. Free base level!
3) Go to the castle, and talk to the receptionist and give your name to go to the next part.
4) Talk to the sader guy (can't miss him - straight up from where you spawn after talking to the receptionist guy). Spam through his messages. You get 1 base and 1 job, and
5) Now talk to the female blacksmith that's to right of the sader guy. PAY ATTENTION and do not spam; when she gives you 1 novice red potion, use it! If you do, she'll reward you with base level. DON'T SPAM yet, let her give you your novice equips and equip your novice slippers. She'll reward you again. Now you're free to spam away. You'll get a total of 2 base levels and 2 job levels if done correctly, and bunch of novice consumables.
6) Now talk to the Kafra Lady next to the female blacksmith, and spam through her dialogue - make sure to select two different options. You'll get a base level for the first option and job level for second option.
7) Now go and talk to the champ guy that's on other side of the room, to the left of the sader guy. Spam away for a base level and 2 job levels.
8) Go to the next room to the left (or ask the champ guy to send you there), and talk to the guy behind the left desk. Spam if you want until you get your next base level. You can ignore the options given.
9) Talk to the female behind the right desk for access to the monster grounds as well as 300 novice potions.
10) You can log out at this point, BEFORE hitting enter once you get your free items, then re-log in and talk to her again for another level and extra 50 novice potions, or if you're already outside poke at ANY monster you see and let it kill you. When you respawn, ask the same female NPC again and she'll give you another level and extra 50 novice potions.
By this point, you should equip all of your novice gears and novice weapon. Put bunch of your stat points (you'll have 28 points by then) you got into dex - preferrably to around 15 (you need all that early dex right now regardless of class you take, and those points won't be a waste for your character in the future because all melees need dex for HIT, casters (both acos and mages) use it for faster casting. Even forgers and brewers need it) so you'll miss less often, and have your 400 red potions hotkeyed. You'll also be at base level 9 and job level 7, so you only need to get 3 job levels to get to your target of job level 10 required for job change.
11) Now talk to the NPC that's just in front of you when you spawn in the monster grounds, pick the 2nd option that will send you to thief bug & spore map.
12) Now kill the Spores. Yes, it's stronger, hits harder, and you will miss more often. But that's what your newly-equipped gears and weapon is for, and chug a novice red pot every time you get HIT. Pay attention, sometimes you'll need to chug two instead of one. Keep your hp at 75% or higher at all times. Why? Spores can put you to sleep, and if you're low on hp when that happens, you die and you've wasted your pots for no xp gain.
Why hunt Spores? Out of all monsters available in the novice grounds, Spores give the most job experience, and that is what you need.
12b) Do NOT hit thief bugs, small or big - they hit fast and can swarm you instantly. If Spore you kill drop anything near the thief bugs, it's usually not worth the risk because by the time you click on the drop chances are that the bug's already taken it and you end up attacking the bug instead... and die from the resulting swarming mob.
13) I don't remember the exact number, but somewhere between 5-8 Spores will be enough to get you to 11/10 and still have about 50-200 novice red pots left. Congratulations! Don't forget to put all of your job skill points into the Basic skills to 9.
13b) For those who want to change into certain classes, it's recommened that you spend some extra time in novice grounds. Yes, it'll take more time, but it'll pay off in the end and save you frustration during your job class quests and/or first couple of levels after job change.
Archer: Go back to the monster NPC guy on the bottom of the monster map, and select option 2 to send you to willow map. Collect the trunks (Barren Trunk, Solid Trunk, and Fine-grained Trunk) they drop for your job change quest. Trust me, because the map's smaller you won't have to wander as much to find willows. If you die and get sent back to novice spawn point, just go back out and ask the NPC monster guy again for option 1. About 15-20 trunks should be enough.
Mage: Make sure to collect those jellopies and fluffs that drop. You'll need them for your job change quest. Also, it's recommended to stay in novice grounds levelling off spores until base 12, 13, or 14 (I can't remember which) because once you de-novice, you won't be able to use novice main gauche anymore and you won't be able to use level 2 weapons due to level restriction. That's what those extra levels are for, for you to put into int. Your first bolt spell will be slightly more powerful than if you changed at 10/10.
Merchant: Collect EVERY drop you can find. Go overweight if you have to. You need to collect 1000z worth of drops, because you'll have to pay that amount to finish the job change quest.
14) Talk to the npc guy at top of the monster map to go inside the castle, and talk to Hanson guy. He'll direct you to Bruce. Spam through ALL of his options. Then talk to the Hanson guy again. Take his personality test and use this guide http://irowiki.org/o...nds_Novice_Test to pick the answers you want to get the job you want.
15) Now you can go ahead and take your job change quest.
All this takes only 15-20 minutes if you can do it fast enough (excluding extra prep time for some classes in 12b).
Edited by Taper, 30 June 2012 - 04:01 PM.