Best possible MvP gear for Royal Guard? - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Best possible MvP gear for Royal Guard?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 DashSlash

DashSlash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNorway
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:27 AM

I'm just wondering if anyone could tell me what the absolutely best gear for a solo MvP Royal Guard would be? No matter the price.

Not sure where in the forum to post this, so sorry if I am posting in the wrong section.

Thank you,
Dash

Edited by DashSlash, 01 July 2012 - 09:55 AM.

#2 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:58 AM

Hmm if price isn't the issue, that would probably be god items / mvp cards. Double megs, tao valk armor or Bryn or slotted elemental armors, sleipnirs (not much benefit from the int over variants except mdef etc.), +12 or higher AK / memory of thanatos / phreeoni imperial spear (+12 kvm for demihuman) Alice or racial reduction sacred mission / valk / immune shields, deviling or raydric +9 heroic backpack, AK helm.

#3 DashSlash

DashSlash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:41 AM

Thank you for your response!
This is what I have planned so far:

Headgear: Abysmal Knight Helm (card?)
Middle headgear: ?
Lower headgear: ?
Armor: Valk Armor (Tao Gunka)
Weapon: Imperial Spear (Abysmal Knight)
Boots: Sleipnir
Shield: Sacred Mission (Alice)
Garment: Heroic Backpack (Raydric)
Accessory: Megingjard
Accessory: Megingjard

What do you think of this setup?

Edited by DashSlash, 01 July 2012 - 11:41 AM.

#4 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

I like people who really know how to dream. Do you have immediate access to all the gears you just mentioned or even have the zeny to afford them? <_<

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 01 July 2012 - 01:07 PM.

#5 DashSlash

DashSlash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

I got the zeny and the motivation! :)

Edited by DashSlash, 01 July 2012 - 01:38 PM.

#6 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:53 PM

Middle you can probably use Black Devil's Mask, 3D Glasses, or a Black Frame Glasses [1] with some card like Dark Pinguicula / Vanberk / Phylla.

For lower there's pirate dagger, well chewed pencil, umbala spirit.

Note that there is no single best gear and you will want several of the different gears for each situation. For example, MVPs that AGI-up will be impossible to hit unless you have a phreeoni carded imperial spear perhaps. Also, there are other factors like being able to use Inspiration (uses up 1% EXP, time consuming to grind the EXP back) and using certain consumables like enrich celermine juice, Inc HP pots, etc.

And yeah, I don't know what server you are playing on or if you're even playing iRO but good luck with obtaining all the gears.

#7 DashSlash

DashSlash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:59 PM

I'm on iRO. This character is going to be my little project! It's going to take a while, but when he is done he is going to be epic!

Edited by DashSlash, 01 July 2012 - 02:01 PM.

#8 DashSlash

DashSlash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

I'm also wondering what card I should put on the AK helm? :)

#9 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:59 PM

Hmm there isn't a GREAT card for RGs but as mentioned before, dark pinguicula, vanberk, phylla are decent choices. Also you could consider Marduk for silence immunity since a lot of RGs do not have very high int. Nightmare card for sleep immunity is useful sometimes, as are other immunity cards. There could be some really good MVP headgear card for RGs that I can't think of off the top of my head since these cards/gears are normally just for dreaming and not actually having.

#10 DashSlash

DashSlash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

Yeah, some if this stuff is near impossible to obtain. But most of it is actually quite easy to get with the right amount of zeny ;)

#11 DashSlash

DashSlash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:30 AM

I have got an Abysmal Knight helm, but I also got a Lord of the Dead helm. Which one should I wear?

#12 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:05 AM

I've heard LotD helm needs to be at a very high + to be effective. If you compare the damage and it's not that different from AK helm + some mid + some lower, definitely go with the AK helm for the extra resist.

#13 DashSlash

DashSlash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:22 AM

Hmm, yeah I think the AK helm would be the best option as well. But I wonder if both were +9 or above what would be the best.. Guess I have to try to find out :D

#14 DashSlash

DashSlash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:25 AM

Sacred Mission or Valk shield? Imperial guard is also kind of nice

#15 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:46 AM

Just like with the other situations, get both or all if possible. If you want to get the most out of Shield Spell 1, cast it with a Rosa Shield or Cross Shield to get the full SS1 130 ATK and then switch shields (the effect stays). You don't always have the time to do this or might be lazy though so the 120 ATK from Sacred Mission is definitely enough.

Valk is good against MVPs that have really strong elemental (fire, water, etc.) skills. Sacred Mission is good if the MVP breaks shields (or you can swap to it if your Valk shield breaks) and it's a good idea to keep one around just in case. Immune Shield is also good if the MVP uses neutral melee attacks mostly. Stone bucklers are extremely cheap but some people might not realize that they reduce 5% from Large monsters, which might be nice for MVPs since most MVPs are large. There is also a new shield from Malaya that reduces boss damage I believe.

Also keep in mind that if the MVP's mobs are more of a threat than the MVP itself, or if they are even a threat at all, you might want to use a racial reduction shield instead of Alice (like Khalitzburg card, etc.).

There is also the option of ditching the shield completely for more ASPD. You won't get the shield spell 1 bonus though of course so you may have to do comparisons to see what's better, and it depends on the situation too (solo-ing MVPs in an instance or competing against multiple genes / suras).

Edited by kasshin, 03 July 2012 - 09:47 AM.

#16 DashSlash

DashSlash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:06 PM

Nice. Seems that I should have a lot of different gear for different situations, which is expected. I'm getting the sacred mission first and I plan on putting my alice card on it, since I already have the card.

#17 DashSlash

DashSlash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:12 AM

Should I upgrade above +9 on the armors or is it enough getting +9/10?

#18 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:07 PM

You get more DEF with higher upgrade but I don't know if you will really feel the difference. There is definitely a small difference of course, but it's kind of insignificant compared to the damage increase you get from weapon upgrades.

I would say +7 or +9 is pretty good already, but since you are on an "unlimited budget", might as well go +11 or +12.

#19 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:55 AM

There's always a way to keep gears indestructible, and that's getting a full chemical protection from a genetic, so you don't need Sacred Mission. Valk Shield is much much better for reductions.

#20 DashSlash

DashSlash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:14 PM

I'll just get both! And research which MvP's destroy shields before I take them on. I don't really know any Genetic's, but I guess I could level one myself and double client

#21 twizzles

twizzles

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:13 AM

i have been told that after you get armor to +15 u get immunity bonuses

#22 DashSlash

DashSlash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:52 PM

Decided to go with an Alice carded Valk shied. I got the spear and shield now. I also think I will go for HotD and over-upgrade it as I think it will give a better bonus than AK helm ;)

#23 DashSlash

DashSlash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:10 PM

LotD helm*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users