Some Ideas Concepts :) - Page 5 - Creative Contraptions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Some Ideas Concepts :)

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#101 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:33 AM

I've been seeing the steam punk concept just recently, if you look further back, before the "new designs", you wouldn't find so much steam punk.
I wouldn't say that they rely on it, the costumes coming up lately are really random to be honest, is there any pattern in: a scary clown mask, aliens, truck bot costumess, together with disney characters, a moldie character - none of them fall together smoothly, and only a few costumes are having the steam punk style. This is a bit pessimistic but the steam punk that's been released looks horrendous, the parts doesn't match up and the nicest steam punk related item in game is the mana googles in my opinion.

#102 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:45 AM

The steampunk thingy, goes rarely with the costumes, you are definitly right, however it goes with PAT's, some npc's, certain map designs and the storyline. This was actually why i was kinda upset when they released the mounts, since they arn't game related in any way. Since the talking about the hoverthing included getting it into the PAT section, i would rather like to see a steam design of it, instead of this "modern" one. You did a great work up there, however i don't think that it could be integrated into the game how-it-is. :)

#103 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:50 AM

Steam punk jetpacks and everyone will be happy.

#104 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:51 AM

To be honest, you can't even point out what is "rose related" because, mounts, costumes, carts... they went out of style long ago.
Personally I think there's costumes that don't fit the game what so ever. I don't see how the game would change with adding hover boards really, since we can ride a dysfunctional chicken or a creepy spider.

I do get if you relate to the steam punk within certain maps and follow up with items that are combined to the map, but only focusing on one thing for the whole game won't work since Rose lost their concept long ago, but in my eyes, they're building something new.

#105 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:55 AM

To be honest, you can't even point out what is "rose related" because, mounts, costumes, carts... they went out of style long ago.
Personally I think there's costumes that don't fit the game what so ever. I don't see how the game would change with adding hover boards really, since we can ride a dysfunctional chicken or a creepy spider.

I do get if you relate to the steam punk within certain maps and follow up with items that are combined to the map, but only focusing on one thing for the whole game won't work since Rose lost their concept long ago, but in my eyes, they're building something new.

Well exactly, that's my point, there should be a concept behind all that, and since they seem to have lost it, it's time to either go back to the roots, or design a new concept. What i wouldn't like to see if they carry on like they did it untill now, release this and that, however with no concept behind it at all.

Edited by SlowBob, 05 October 2013 - 06:56 AM.

#106 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:14 AM

Idk I think they're getting there, we all loved the good ol' rose but I think that we should see and await for the changes that are yet to come, it feels like they're planning something, and that rose is slowly moving on and developing. :]

#107 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:55 AM

Mana steam boards. boards with vents on the bottom powered by a mana steam generator on the back. very steam punky and origonal to the game concept. not copywritten. boom issue solved. ill make one soon.

#108 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:21 AM

Thought about that too, however there gotta be a better new PAT witch could be integrated :)

#109 lala09

lala09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Leona

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:38 AM

TBH I'm cryong now, tears of joy of how the Rose community work together and make something very unique. 

tumblr_mtc90nt3gs1sh3x8lo1_500.gif

If you guys didn't know, I learned something from ya'll. <3 more Rose related ideas coming soon

#110 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

Tbh I didn't see the copyright rule broken to start with.. the only thing he could come up with was that it was hover boards.. which isn't stealing since ... hover boards are so old. They had moldies on them and stuff :|

#111 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:01 AM

The concept of a hover board is not able to be copy written. that's like copy writing a sandwhich or a banana. hoqevver a blatant hover boars is too new techy for rose.

as per the pat system. they could use the mount system temp. to get them in faster. nothing wrong with it

#112 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

Here's a quick render, like uh maybe 20 mins into one

2hnt7bd.jpg

#113 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

I actually liked the moldie thingie going on, are you planning to keep it in a "tree" style? - Then you could add a moldie-ish stamp that looks like it's been very well used, a bit scratchy, would look dope. Like that you painted it before but the paint disapeared a bit C:

#114 lala09

lala09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

I kinda like the wooden style, it somehow reminds me of the Spero in Orlo who invented the jetpack.

I really like the moldie-ish/scratchy details DG

Anyways guys, I don't really have any ideas right now for items, but since you guys wanted like more related Rose Theme. Here's some of the things I invented.

This is just a quick sketch because I feel like a zombie today.

20z7djp.png

The 2 items on the left side are backitems

the 2 models on the right, I was just making up stuff. Maybe if you become an Aura/Hebarn follwer, you maybe receive a candy/skill.. and this candy/skill transforms you into a powerful follower for a short period of time (maybe like 10 min.). The models in the sketch are the transformation of mage class. The look is different if you are a different class (Soldier/Hawker/whatever)

lol what am I thinkin.. gosh, these ideas are so bad. 

Takes the bus*

"Goin to a vacation!"

waves*

"I'll come back when I have ideas!"

Edited by lala09, 05 October 2013 - 01:55 PM.

#115 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:43 PM

I want aura and Hebarn costumes :ok:

#116 lala09

lala09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:34 PM

Well today was my last day of highschool! I felt really depressed because well... I wasted all the fun and -_-. I came home and just did whatever I've always enjoyed, drawing! 

Here's a concept I did, just to relax and stuff lol.

jubj7s.jpg

Edited by lala09, 14 June 2014 - 02:18 PM.

#117 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:30 AM

I love the parachute pants look lala :ok:

Hope you're feeling better~

#118 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru
  • Server:That one

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:50 AM

This is the only idea i want to see in-game

adventure_time_by_nani_mi-d3dv3me.png

#119 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:15 AM

ADVENTURE TIME!  :boogie:

#120 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:10 AM

I... concur :ok: I would love to see a Ice king costume~

#121 JericoROennnnn

JericoROennnnn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationPixelmonium Krystalium

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:55 AM

Ice bull mount would be so great as well! XD

and there's an event like Ice bull running around with 3.5k Mspd and the last remaining wins. ( no invi ) XD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users