How to report bots... -effectively- - Page 11 - Guides and Quests - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

How to report bots... -effectively-

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
294 replies to this topic

#251 EdwinKuswanto

EdwinKuswanto

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 861 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:[Renewa]Chaos

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:58 AM

I think I will very love this server. /gg

#252 EdwinKuswanto

EdwinKuswanto

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 861 posts
  • Server:[Renewa]Chaos

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:25 AM

When and how I know the person I reported is banned?

#253 Mikril

Mikril

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:34 AM

I haven't seen the banned user list on the site in years, and they don't seem to respond to tickets with the outcome of their investigation. Most likely the closest you can get to learning they've been banned is by checking their character info in ropd to see when they were last seen. Also, don't be surprised if you get a response saying the bot will be investigated, only to see the bot somewhere else later on. It is always possible that they were innocent.

#254 thomasgo

thomasgo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationAlhambra, CA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:15 PM

There is this character that has been standing next to a monster and does nothing. After that character dies, it teleports out and goes back in the same map following a monster but doing nothing.

Is that a bot?

#255 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:23 PM

yes

#256 gorgoroth1

gorgoroth1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Server:Chaos04Nov13Thor27Apr15

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:52 PM

What is the next step should we take if ticket has been sent,

char name, char behavior, print screen, maps has been provided however the ticket has been closed and the bot is still around?

Most of high lvl bot would do it when server time is between 0000AM-0800AM, any chance support team only work on day time?

Or excuse me if being rude, do vip a/c / normal a/c has different privilege when it comes to botting issue?

"The following users that you have reported will be included on our watch list which will be investigated immediately, and we will take appropriate actions if needed. Again, like what we have said on the previous responses, the details and outcome of our investigation will not be disclosed for privacy and security reasons"

#257 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:22 AM

Or excuse me if being rude, do vip a/c / normal a/c has different privilege when it comes to botting issue?

Not at all. You see players QQing here about their lost VIP time due to bans quite often.

#258 Forzando

Forzando

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:34 AM

It's possible the people botting are really smart and are just semi-botting. Over the last few weeks I reported plenty of obvious bots on classic, and looking at ropd they're still all around. So it's either the botters are smart or the GMs just do nothing or their tests are inadequate. I do have doubts sometimes on characters I'm reporting, but other times to me it's really obvious they are botting. Once I was walking alongside a bot and I dropped some animal skins, he picked it up the moment I dropped it, before it even hit the ground, without ever stopping walking. I'm tempted to see if they'd pick up a stack of stones. That was weeks ago, still not banned. Some other bots were just walking on and off screen trying to pick up items I didn't pick up from monsters. Sadly for me that's it I think, no more waste of screenshots and reporting since none gets banned.

#259 thomasgo

thomasgo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationAlhambra, CA

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:36 PM

Are the two character party, priest plus other class, at Veins Field 07 all bots? Those instances where the priest keeps on buffing the other character that just stands in front of the monster.

#260 Tseryl

Tseryl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:03 PM

Let's face it -- in virtual reality and in actual reality, people enjoy cheating at the expense of others.

Which often means a player botting zeny on various side accounts, meanwhile having tons of fun on his/her main account with WoE and all the god items he/she could ask for.

I understand the thrill botters get from botting. Because I get a similar thrill by trolling the bots and reporting them. Sure, I would like the bots banned. And yes, I get extremely jealous when the bots have transed and 3rd classed before me.

But I remember I play this game for fun. I play it to talk to guidies on Ventrilo. I play to die gloriously in massive parties via turn-in quests. I play it to see if I can upgrade my Libra diadem to +10. And I could give a shiba inu if my fellow guildies or party members bot. I do not think they bot. However, in the event that they do, then that is their choice.

I make my choice, too.

Edited by Tseryl, 20 March 2014 - 04:42 PM.

#261 deathnightllll

deathnightllll

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:50 PM

Hmm, what about looping actions?

Say, at an entrance between a town and a field. The monsters are behind the warp that goes into town, so when the person comes out, it tries to attack the monster behind the warp and walks right into the warp which teleports it into town. Then the person walks back out into the field and finds that there are monsters near by and walks right back into the entrance portal....Any rightful human being would think that doing this once would be enough, but the "person" in this story just keeps doing it for hours....until another monster pops up in front of it and it leads the "person" in question away from the portal.

There's so many in Comodo and Geffen, it's unbelievable irritating.

#262 gorgoroth1

gorgoroth1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 927 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:04 AM

Seem like re-opening a ticket became a weekly job for me :heh:

I hope they realise we keep doing this to make sure iRO didnt come to a point where

1. 99% of 0.01% drop item being vendable..assuming vend limit is 99m
2. No profit for iRO from KP/WPE when all player is dealing with 3rd party source which offer cheaper rates/item.
3. People bots for mvps massively.

Well 1 and 2 is slowly happening i guess.

#263 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationFar Northern California
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:19 PM

There is no way to report bots effectively. I tried my hardest to get just one "JUST ONE!" bot banned. I sent in multiple tickets following all the said procedures over a month's period of time where the bot was in the same place doing the same bot behavior 24h a day. The tickets were always responded to by saying they would handle the issue, so i would go check where I reported the bot at after a ticketed response and he would still be there continually botting along. I mean at any time me a normal player could find him, as i also show in multiple time stamped screen shots that i sent with the tickets, so he could not of just dodged every time a GM Supposedly checked for them. Now i look at him on ROPD and of course he is 150, while all the mean while the GM team "Handled It" on multiple occasions. Onto another saddening note, is that just today I happened to be in a turn in party with one of the alts said bot I was trying to get banned for botting and he was asking if people had any interest in buying GTB cards. That's just great for me to know that one of the people that basically cheats at the game has some how manged to get or already had MVP cards and is not being handled even with repeated support tickets being sent and supposedly checked into. What that says to me right there is that the only way that these people get so called so far ahead in this game is by botting.

I will say this once again. If the bots are willing to wear a billion worth of zenny in gears while botting then nothing substantial is being done about bots. I mean just go look at the maggmaring map and and see all the bots with HBPs and FAWs along with other really expensive zenny wise head gears or proc-ible equipment that you can see them using if you watch them. That map should be swept at least once a day as it is nearly all bots everyday and it really easy to spot bots there as they even all have following priests now which is another easy tip off. This isn't even whistle blowing either as it is a very well known problem with the server that is not being handled in any way.

#264 Tseryl

Tseryl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:16 PM

Please, and I say this to all legit players-- Are you going to let the unscrupulous botters ruin your experience of this game? Even if that botter is a millionaire with no remorse? Would you switch places with the botter? Would you rather have all his/her fabulous gear via illegal means? The botter could care less how he/she acquires power. You in the botter's shoes, however, would feel guilty and unworthy.

Don't wish to switch places with the botter. After all, you will be traversing the same map over and over again, until you've worn a hole through your soles.

If you would rather not report bots because the bots never get banned--then you can hang up your vigilante cape and frolic in happier fields. Just don't step on a dead branch :333

#265 Forzando

Forzando

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:01 AM

Well it's too bad but the experience is ruined regardless since they mess up the market. I'd very like to be happy to sell a card for what it's really worth but it's difficult when it's devalued by someone botting and selling 50 of that card. So what do you do? Well you report them. And then nothing happens, they don't get banned. So what's the point? I think it's fair to be a bit jealous that they can get away with it and that they are very rich and have very nice gears, while a legit person has to actually work for it and take the time to farm items without botting, and even legit it's impossible to play 24/7 unless you were having different people at the keyboard during different times.

#266 darksage

darksage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • LocationDate A Live Guild Member

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:53 AM

Good Night All ... 

I Want to ask

Why I can not get into the game until 31-12-2020, I do not use the BOT or things that harm others ...   :sob:   :sob:   :sob: 
And I thought it was the work of people who are not responsible because I sent him a message Kser FU, and the possibility that he's Report so I do not get into the game.   :p_idea:   :p_idea: 

Because I use a tank to hold the monsters and kill all the monsters that he was my last tank I had to send the message as above. 
That time I was using BMX3, and I'm in the chase time to complete the quest from gramps ... 
Many BOT roam everywhere but not Respond By GMs. 

And please do not take all the items and Zeny If This Happened on me or other players.Because they must be tired in searching for goods or purely Zeny if they do not use BOT.   :sob:   :sob:   :sob: 

Thank you for your attention Good Night   :thx: 

- * Koneko * -

#267 mojobryant

mojobryant

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:51 AM

The bots follow the new GM support things to they always do with me

#268 Siegfrider

Siegfrider

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:49 AM

Yes, not fun play it, everywhere are bots. I begin with RO, in czech local free server. It was free and gm (they no have money from do it) no had problem ban bots. No bots here.

There are only one option. Allow bots for everyone.

#269 mojobryant

mojobryant

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:48 AM

Yes, not fun play it, everywhere are bots. I begin with RO, in czech local free server. It was free and gm (they no have money from do it) no had problem ban bots. No bots here.

There are only one option. Allow bots for everyone.

You can't allow bots for everyone that's just not smart and the people that do it right it's not fare for them

Edited by mojobryant, 16 April 2014 - 02:50 AM.

#270 gorgoroth1

gorgoroth1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 927 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:57 AM

If only the authorities put same effort on botting issue as they were dealing easter egg box bug on last maintenance, given 2 weeks time all bot in iRO would reduce to 0.

Bot at your own risk <<<<< what risk?

#271 hashtagmilkshake

hashtagmilkshake

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:59 AM

They do put effort, and it is effective, trust me. Compared to times in the past, this game isnt that bad in terms of bot populations atm. The only time I see botting 'first hand' is in vending. If you see 9 Raydric Cards or 5 thara / 8 hydra cards being vended at the same time, thats an obvious red flag right there. Any other bot I see in the field, usually lonely, I just report on impulse,

I believe the GM team does do something from time to time, keep the faith ;)

#272 aulbath

aulbath

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:54 PM

wheres the Call an Airstrike post?, we need a nuclear bomb in goat map, ein_fild06

Edited by aulbath, 03 June 2014 - 04:55 PM.

#273 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:35 PM

In the past few weeks, increasing responsibilities for video production and the community management side of things has left little time to patrol. I will point the GMs to this thread for places to hunt when they have time available and will pick away at these maps when I am able, but I must unpin it for now. 

#274 PIayboy

PIayboy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 766 posts
  • LocationRiding on a rainbow.

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:28 PM

This way is kind of effective of Identifying bots / reporting..? Though might not be 100% legal lol

#275 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:42 PM

What exactly did you do there that might be considered illegal?  So far as I could tell, you were just recording bots who were programmed poorly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users