Maintenance 7/10/2012 - Page 4 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Maintenance 7/10/2012

• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#76 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:00 PM

everyone take a break til something new comes along... im tired of the same old things... both on renewal and classic... see how long it takes to get new content if everyone stops playing....

#77 ItsMoonie

ItsMoonie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

>mfw everyone has 150's and complains about lack of content

Posted Image

#78 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

add sign board for 135-150 with the same Mora map TI :D

#79 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

There is new content this maint, go do my quest for the Nifflheim Spotlight.

Assuming it was finished in time for this week. =)

#80 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:57 PM

asside from the new quest that will be added for the spotlight what other qeusts are there in nif?

i kno The Sign has some parts there and the quest with the little girl but are there any others?

#81 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:03 PM

Piano Keys and Message Delivery are all I know of...

#82 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:05 PM

could they add a eden NPC and kafra inside teh inn in Niff for the spotlight:3

bunjee jumping gets tedious @_@

#83 bakumansuki

bakumansuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:22 PM

What they need is Kafra that can save.. They already hve eden and storage kafra in Niff town

#84 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:23 PM

so one new quest? thats it? i want some serious new content... ive done almost every quest worth doing in game... its like they want to kill the renewal servers... i think people would have rather had the scheduled updates rather than a jump ahead to port maylaya... we get wings and yet no way to enchant them? and what about the big ninja update? a single quest holds interest for no more than one week at most... and thats something like the sign quest soloing on a ninja... and as for the spotlight quests ive done all the quests for niff so far and have no use for exp at this point in the game... im maxed out totally... i want something more to DO...

#85 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:29 PM

I *believe* there should be a Bathory in Eden that will take you for 100z or something... Trying to remember if I actually wrote that in or just suggested it. D:

edit;

Yes I wrote it in, 1000z for a warp to Nifflheim in Eden.

Edited by Ralis, 10 July 2012 - 06:31 PM.

#86 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:33 PM

Heim let us know that iRO will be getting the WoE revision update (one with the randomized god item drops from WoE 1.0 castles and implementation of Hall of Abyss), skill update package #1 amongst others this summer. I'd really like it if we could get an online Q&A session like the ones from previous years as that'll help lessen the frustration amongst the community.

#87 bakumansuki

bakumansuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

so one new quest? thats it? i want some serious new content... ive done almost every quest worth doing in game... its like they want to kill the renewal servers... i think people would have rather had the scheduled updates rather than a jump ahead to port maylaya... we get wings and yet no way to enchant them? and what about the big ninja update? a single quest holds interest for no more than one week at most... and thats something like the sign quest soloing on a ninja... and as for the spotlight quests ive done all the quests for niff so far and have no use for exp at this point in the game... im maxed out totally... i want something more to DO...

Wait for the next or next maintanance, they will update it when they will.. Its not like u can ticket and start rage around the forum(like u did about ur costume problem) to ask them update about all of the episodes as soon as u wanted. They give port malaya, u dont like it, Why? cause they are not for ninja -.- But it doesn't mean everyone else hate it aswell, I like it and always trying to get my guildies to do it every weeks. So if u already had nothing else to do in the games then just quit(a bit harsh) or play classic, every games have the peak and not everyone can made it through it.

#88 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:56 PM

Heim let us know that iRO will be getting the WoE revision update (one with the randomized god item drops from WoE 1.0 castles and implementation of Hall of Abyss), skill update package #1 amongst others this summer. I'd really like it if we could get an online Q&A session like the ones from previous years as that'll help lessen the frustration amongst the community.

Heim hasnt been responding to anything recently and its killing me to see no response to anything (summoner, quen, updates of any kind, etc). And with ODA (the person who explains pretty much everything to the community at thsi point) on vacation no one is saying anything.

Wait for the next or next maintanance, they will update it when they will.. Its not like u can ticket and start rage around the forum(like u did about ur costume problem) to ask them update about all of the episodes as soon as u wanted. They give port malaya, u dont like it, Why? cause they are not for ninja -.- But it doesn't mean everyone else hate it aswell, I like it and always trying to get my guildies to do it every weeks. So if u already had nothing else to do in the games then just quit(a bit harsh) or play classic, every games have the peak and not everyone can made it through it.

Well i think that she is mostly getting that is that renwel hasnt had a major update in a while that is keeping ppl here. Port Malaya was a good start, but once classic server hit everyone stopped careing. The ninja update or the new WoE style that is coming would def bring ppl back to the renwal server for a lot longer.

Edited by CheddarJack, 10 July 2012 - 06:56 PM.

#89 GryphonYoyo

GryphonYoyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Server:ymir

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:14 PM

i agree......gravity needs to come out with a whole lot of new content, and then spend the next few months funneling them into the community.......and i'm not just talk item, i'm talking quests,the woe updates(not that i woe), some new classes for those that do not have a trans class, etc, etc.........

and honestly even though i feel that the classic server was one of the biggest mistakes gravity has made, if they do come up with new content, it would only be fair if they did it for both re-newel, and classic

#90 HolyxD

HolyxD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:18 PM

Posted Image

Edited by HolyxD, 10 July 2012 - 07:37 PM.

#91 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

it would only be fair if they did it for both re-newel, and classic

nope you cant do that, classic server MUST be classic or ppl will B**** and complain about it. They are complaining that there is an eden atm. If they updated it with new content it would get worse. So they shouldnt get any updates i think.

#92 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:20 PM

^ im a he... but thanks... yeah im basically saying that we havent had a real solid update in awhile... port maylaya is fine for some of the player base but not all... we need something for the whole player base... really we coulda just fixed renewal and skipped the whole classic thing altogether... im not hating on any one thing... im just kinda upset thet they keep spreading themselves so thin as to not be able to give us updates in a timely matter... i choose to play ninja true but why should i be penalized for playing a class i like? this is a class that is apparently to much for classic to handle and too small for renewal to acknowledge... really... look at this years anniversary event vs last years... no comparison... how many people are waiting forever to enchant the wings they released? i am glad they tried to bring us some new content with the port maylaya update but it was poorly planned out... at this rate theyll have to release the wings again when they release the enchantment update... somethings should be dome in order...

#93 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:30 PM

^ im a he...

oh sorry about that just kinda wrote that on accident not really thinking about it.

But yea, major game updates are needed i think.

#94 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:31 PM

inb4 we have 'surprise' update this week
yeah, your usual 'surprise'.

Edited by razirazo, 10 July 2012 - 07:31 PM.

#95 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

ya even notice when they remove something people say "thats my only reason to log in everyday" THIS is why we need something new... why keep playing if the only reason to log in is once a day just to grab an item... we need an overhaul... look what the classic launch did to ymir... classic may destroy renewal then will have to become a revamp of renewal just to keep people playing... if a ninja cant hack places like Port maylaya it means it wont ever make it to classic... which means classic will hit a dead end as well... dead ends are exactly what they are DEAD ENDS... nothing to do left means no reason to play...

#96 bakumansuki

bakumansuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

Just saying, we do know classic is a successful achievement for gravity, they had the most player(real one) and dont compared the bots to server like valk, atleast not yet. I DO NOT think its a good time to give update to renewal server at the moment, dont get me wrong, i myself didn't play classic either but rationally why would they want to lose player in classic(aka customer) right after they had just opened it?

So as renewal player(older brother/sister) just suck it and see, someday they will give back attention to us. Hopefully. xD

#97 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:40 PM

Daily Quen Idea:
divide the Items he gives into different Tiers
Tier 1: WoE pots, Ygg Seed
Tier 2: Magic Stone, HD ore, Prize Medal
Tier 3: EMB, Enriched Ore. Giant Fly wingsx5
Tier X: Halter Lead
Tier Y: Bloody Branch
Tier Z: OCA

etc...

lvl 50-75
Gather 10 of these
Stone heart or Brigan or cyfar or Orc emblem
Rewards:
Teir1 & Tier X + 50%
Teir2 & Tier Y + 20%
Teir3 & Tier Z + 10%

lvl 76-110
Gather 10 of these
jubilee or Grand Peco Feather or soft Feather or Needle of Alarm
Rewards:
Teir1 & Tier X + 20%
Teir2 & Tier Y + 50%
Teir3 & Tier Z + 20%

lvl 111-150
Gather 10 of these
Refined Bradium or Withered Flower or Fur or Horn of Hillsion
Rewards:
Teir1 +20%
TeirX +10%
Teir2 & Tier Y + 20%
Teir3 & Tier Z + 50%

Edited by Helios0, 10 July 2012 - 07:43 PM.

#98 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:43 PM

Malaya was major update, it was less than 3 months ago.. Major content releases typically are 4-6 months apart because it takes more time than that to actually create the darn things.

We have received the WoE update materials for testing. I expect we should have something to show you all on Sakray in the next 2 weeks, and if all goes well that update should get added near the begining of August.

My personal hope is that the mapserver that it uses also fixes the quest timer, so the summoner can rejoin our rotation of things for you to do every day.

Daily quen's purpose is to get you all to login 1 time per day (tricky isn't it) but that doesn't matter if all you do is login and out, the number of unique logins is less important than people logged in for 15~60 minutes a day a that actually shows players doing stuff. I'd rather have a system that drops a reward in your inventory 1 per day after you've been logged in for 30~60 minutes, it might get some of you to accidentally play.

The WoE update is a pretty big change and addition to WoE guilds, as it does introduce new gear, as well as new dungeons that really seem purposed to get guild activity in hunting for supplies.

I do apologize for being so silent, there have been alot going on, and Oda is on vacation. There is a lot of things that I've not been keeping up with here in the community during his time off. Things like not pushing the Movie contest more, not driving players to do the Friends with Benefit stuff this month because you get free prizes and 30% value rather than 10% and things like that. But what I am doing my darndest to keep up with is the actuall updates for both mains and classic server.

I'll be updating you with what gramps has for TIs in a moment or 2.

#99 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:46 PM

Oh.

Tell us what 3 monsters you most want for Summoner during its 1st run. I think one of hte fair things would be every 5 weeks or so update it to only have 3 MVPs for summoning, this way we can do a better job of balance for the summoner.

#100 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

I'd rather have a system that drops a reward in your inventory 1 per day after you've been logged in for 30~60 minutes, it might get some of you to accidentally play.

1-quad client
2-only play 1, rest afk for 30 min
3-????
4-Profit!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users