New Idea to make Nightmare Hour mean something again. - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

New Idea to make Nightmare Hour mean something again.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 dsdennison

dsdennison

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:43 PM

Okay Since S2 Nightmare Hour has been pretty weak... reduced to questing and some reinforced goods drops....

I propose a Trading Card system that would allow a player to collect Trading Cards for each kind of Nightmare Creature in the game.
The Trading Cards that drop would be Monster Specific... Meaning that if a player kills a few Sabnacks
Posted Image They would only have the chance to obtain a Sabnack Card

In turn for collecting cards and turning them into a special new NPC used made to be the Rewards Merchant.
Seeing as there are lots of different types of nightmare mobs and not enough bag space to carry them all.... I suggest that players must only collect 5 different trading cards in order to be able to turn them into the NPC for a reward....

Rewards should not cost any Lant what so ever...

Trading cards would not able to be sold in the Auction Hall and may only be traded for other trading cards.... provided in a new system specifically designed to only deal in trading the cards. And the " Sell to NPC Price is 0 lant.

So in other words They are bound to character unless they are being traded only for different cards....

Depending on the level of the nightmare monster will determine the cards rarity. like Ordinary, Supernus, Eximus, Rare and, Carus

Combinations of 5 of the same type or rarity of the cards may be applied to available reward items... such as Ancient Ruins Reward Point Reduction Xeon, giving 1000 SVS points
with a 50/50 chance of success.... just as an example.....

Collect 5 different Ordinary cards and be able to get a weak but good enough to want to care kind of prize.
Collect 5 different Carus cards and be able to get a really nice prize...

Only the rarity or or type of the cards would matter in getting reward items.... not the monster it came from..... So it does not matter what combination of monsters you have collected... only that you have 5 different ones of a certain type...

I would really like to see this as an all time deal... It would get people out there and looking forward to Nightmare hour again... Also... selling Drop rate increase items from the IM as well as 5th bag... people would party up and grind their arses off for a shot at those cards.. if the rewards were worth getting....

That is all I got... If anyone wants to add their thoughts or make some improvements to my idea'''' cool (http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

Edited by dsdennison, 22 September 2010 - 02:47 PM.

#2 EphraimWitchwood

EphraimWitchwood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • LocationAt my computer. Like, all the time.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:50 PM

Ripped straight from iRO...I think... >.>

#3 dsdennison

dsdennison

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:50 PM

really... i different game has this ???? well there is no original idea or thought........ so im not really bothered by it..

#4 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:11 PM

If you mean the primary card system in iRO, then no, this is really nothing like that except they both concern cards.
If you mean the blank cards, then this is a bit similar, but to be honest, it's more well-thought-out than what's in iRO.

(In iRO it's a headgear that you wear that gives a chance to drop cards from killing any monster, these cards can be traded for medals, which in turn are traded for experience or items. The drop rate is so low though, that it is only practical for botters or spawn abusers to use.)

#5 dsdennison

dsdennison

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:32 PM

If you mean the primary card system in iRO, then no, this is really nothing like that except they both concern cards.
If you mean the blank cards, then this is a bit similar, but to be honest, it's more well-thought-out than what's in iRO.

(In iRO it's a headgear that you wear that gives a chance to drop cards from killing any monster, these cards can be traded for medals, which in turn are traded for experience or items. The drop rate is so low though, that it is only practical for botters or spawn abusers to use.)

Hurray (http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

#6 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:58 PM

A roll of toilet paper is better planned than Ragnarok though, so take that with a grain of salt.

#7 dsdennison

dsdennison

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:28 PM

lmao..... your right.... Ragnarok is pretty weak sauce....
and I did not get too excited about what you posted earlier..... I was just in a goofball kinda mood...(http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

#8 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:28 AM

Well, could be nice to have that.

Maybe be able to exchange the cards for special nightmare armors: something in the lines of what was suggested here http://forums.warppo...0-more-variety/ Different to other armors, this ones should look creepy (in a horror sence), like a blackhand armor or something like that.

Or could be special horror costumes like was suggested here http://forums.warppo...2-costume-idea/ and http://forums.warppo...1647-halloween/

#9 dsdennison

dsdennison

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:33 PM

interesting...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users