Orlo Quests. In need of supplies. Passive skill reward! (DocJager) - Quest Guides & Quest Help - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Orlo Quests. In need of supplies. Passive skill reward! (DocJager)

69 replies to this topic

#1 PeppermintDream

PeppermintDream

Purveyor of Positivity

• ROSE Moderators
  • 615 posts
  • LocationMy own little world
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:45 PM

After getting to Orlo, which is already a pain, it's a pain to get through the quests. However the quests are fun and worth it. So here's some help.
I figured the quests out and hopefully I can help out some others to finish it more quickly.

Note: All monsters on Orlo are strong. I advice you party friends... or play your raider/scout and stealth your way through the maps.
That being said. Here's how to get through the first quests.
Note2: I am on HEBARN side. I do not know if the quests are the same for Arua. However if you're new to Orlo, I think it might be a decent overall guide :(
Note3: You NEED to have a Hebarn or Arua fate passive skill to activate and finish these quests.

Quest guide
Right after you reach Orlo. Talk to the NPC awaiting you. She'll tell you to go to Dread captain Bruise.
Double check you got the quest and simply go west (...that would be left, for you brainiacs out there).

You should end up in the map called Wreckage of the blinding mist. Walk north and you'll find 3 NPCs, after that you'll see a crashed airship and on the other side is Captain Bruise.
Talk to Captain Bruise to get the quest In need of supplies
He doesn't trust you and will only trust you if his crew likes you. So you'll have to finish 3 quests of the crewmembers. You will have to get all these quest to be able to enter the Wasteland map!!

1. Big Hand jack- In need of food
You only need to kill 3 types of monsters.
- Desert Asper -> Should reward you 12 proofs and 5 meats.
- Hooded Asper -> 12 proofs and 5 skins.
- Crowned Asper -> 12 proofs.

The desert asper and hooded ones can be found everywhere. However the crowned are 'hard' to find. But not with my help!! :D
Just keep walking WEST, through the Golden ring map. You'll cross a map without snake monsters, wasteland ruins path. Just keep moving west and you'll find 2 entrances. Both lead to wasteland maps. Both are different maps, but contain the same mobs. You'll find crowned aspers here.

Just get your proofs and you're done. Easiest quest of all :D
Move East to get back.

2. Dr. Ega- In need of repairs
Most annoying quest of all. Before we even start, here's a tip.
If no one is around. DROP your nets (they are in your inventory/consumable tab). Talk to Ega and tell her you need more nets. She'll give you 10.
Pick up the other nets and you'll have 15 nets. You might need it :D

This quest has 2 parts.
1. Catch 3 of those snakes.
2. Gather salvageable EQ.

We'll start catching venomous hooded aspers. Go to the map south from the wreckage.
After that, keep walking south again. Here's a pic of the coordinates and how the thing looks like.

Posted Image

DO NOT FIGHT. Just throw a net. It took me 10 nets before I got my first proof. So it'll take patience.
You just need 3 snakes and the first part is done.

Salvageable EQ gathering
Keep moving west to end up in wasteland ruins path. From here you can go to TWO wasteland maps.
The south map contains 2 EQ.
The west map contains 4 EQ.
You need a total of 6 EQ.

It might take a while before you receive the quest item. Just keep walking around and keep trying. I know it's a pain.
Locations are shown below.

Wasteland South
Posted Image

Wasteland West
Posted Image

NOTE: There are 2 space ship looking thingies at #4. You need the one with the King guarding it (left/west side). So the most difficult one :unsure:
After getting these items. Head back to Dr. Ega and you're finished.

3. Skully- In need of water
Not too hard. Just have to keep walking around in the Golden Ring maps. Find 3 cacti to give you the items.
Special thanks to Rawr for making this picture containing all locations :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

After getting 3 of these things. You're done.

In need of supplies
After finishing all 3 quests. Head back to the captain. He'll say he'll trust you now and will reward you with 8mil exp and about 1mil zulies. You will also receive a special PASSIVE SKILL.
However I'm not going to spoil what that passive skill is.

Tips/hints & FAQ

corvettefreak - 12/27/2009 9:06 PM

There are 3 quests.

1. In need of food
2. In need of repairs
3. In need of water

I did only asked 1. In need of food
I COULDNT enter Wasteland Ruins Path!

When i asked the other 2 quest I COULD

So u MUST ask all 3 quests to be able to get to Wasteland Ruins Path!

Sinsholian - 1/1/2010 3:26 AM

Hey Jager,

I've done all the quests and all I get now are recurring quests, like the karkian darkness etc. I've already done them all twice, is there any other quests?

Errm... not at Blinding mist anymore.
You could try the blackbear quests. There is a blackbear NPC in the 1st map, the one you arrived. Although I don't believe that quest gives you anything but exp. Can't remember exactly.
Other than that there is another quest at the Shrine. The foodseller there will give a certain quest that's only available at day or night (or so I heard). This should be the quest that will reward you those shiny new wings :(

These are all the quests on Orlo I know of.

Edited by Jager 1/12/2010 2:11 AM

#2 axel619

axel619

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:00 PM

wat quest willl give me the sanpper backshield and that kind of stuff

#3 yamz

yamz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 953 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:40 PM

This guide really help me alot. thanks :lol:

#4 yamz

yamz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:08 AM

Update please, location of the mobs are different now..

#5 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:28 AM

Desert Asper and Hooded Aspers can be found in map A and B alot, if you see 1 or two desert aspers, kill em. Wait for the respawn. Eventually Crowned and Hooded Aspers will spawn.... including Elder Desert Aspers. The spawn of the monsters is based on killing them so pick a nice spot

Venemous Aspers I've seen alot more in map C, one is close to the first rocky part when coming FROM the wrekacge map to map C. If you increase your performance ( if possible) at ALT O the Venemous ones should be easy to locate due to their orange glow. This is assuming you are not already playing at 100%.

For the quest of the snapper backshield, Barbed Snappers and other snappers can be found around wasteland south and wasteland path mostly, seeing a nice spawn in wasteland south near the waterhole.

You need "In need of Supplies" + "In need of Repairs" to get past the golden ring, because with "In need of repairs" you get pieces to salvage which are in the wasteland. Finish all "in need of" quests first before you deliver any of them. This will give you free acces past the golden ring without having the Wayfinder Passive Skill. Once they are all finished, deliver them all, so the next thing to do is get the passive. This way you wont ever loose the ability to get past the Ring.

What Ive noticed so far on Orlo since ch2... hope it helps.

#6 yamz

yamz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:47 AM

Desert Asper and Hooded Aspers can be found in map A and B alot, if you see 1 or two desert aspers, kill em. Wait for the respawn. Eventually Crowned and Hooded Aspers will spawn.... including Elder Desert Aspers. The spawn of the monsters is based on killing them so pick a nice spot

Venemous Aspers I've seen alot more in map C, one is close to the first rocky part when coming FROM the wrekacge map to map C. If you increase your performance ( if possible) at ALT O the Venemous ones should be easy to locate due to their orange glow. This is assuming you are not already playing at 100%.

For the quest of the snapper backshield, Barbed Snappers and other snappers can be found around wasteland south and wasteland path mostly, seeing a nice spawn in wasteland south near the waterhole.

You need "In need of Supplies" + "In need of Repairs" to get past the golden ring, because with "In need of repairs" you get pieces to salvage which are in the wasteland. Finish all "in need of" quests first before you deliver any of them. This will give you free acces past the golden ring without having the Wayfinder Passive Skill. Once they are all finished, deliver them all, so the next thing to do is get the passive. This way you wont ever loose the ability to get past the Ring.

What Ive noticed so far on Orlo since ch2... hope it helps.

Thanks

Im having a hard time looking for those monster from "In need of Foods" quest.

#7 DocJager

DocJager

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:35 PM

Thanks for posting my guide.
For the people asking for an update, I'm sorry but I cannot modify this post since I'm not the one who posted it.

I've experience the biggest pain is to find a decent spawn of hooded aspers. Unfortunately I don't think there is a spawn with a lot of them. Unless someone has a better idea, I suggest you keep fighting the snakes in the first Golden ring map (the one you go into when you go west from the wreckage). Kill enough and a few might spawn, depending on location.

Logi gave good advice. It is almost exactly what I did, although I found the snappers. In the ring maps. But I think wasteland indeed has more of them :)

#8 MistahDi

MistahDi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • LocationPortugal
  • Server:Nolag

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:58 AM

is this quest still working? cause i cant get any kind of quest like this

#9 michaeljohnpaje

michaeljohnpaje

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:40 PM

[size="7"]i delete my quest in tablet quest but i cant get it any more what will i do pls help me :(

#10 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:48 PM

Can anyone tell me how to get the Dr's Backarms? Is it thru Dr Ega at some point?

#11 Xieg2

Xieg2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 438 posts
  • LocationBaguio City, Philippines

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:32 PM

Can anyone tell me how to get the Dr's Backarms? Is it thru Dr Ega at some point?

It is obtainable after you finished the wayfinder quest. Finish it then talk to:

Captain Bruise : Dread Pipe + 7M (I got 7M but others say they got 10 :D )
Bighand Jack : Snapper Shell
Dr. Ega : Dr's Backarms :)
Skully : Asper Charm

#12 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationJohnston City, IL

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:21 AM

I just thought I would mention the fact that you no longer have to take on all three quests in order to enter the wastelands. (Tips/hints & FAQs)

Hooded Aspers are best found here (the first Golden Ring map South of "The Wreckage of the Blinding Mist" map) along with Crowned Aspers. But players may have difficulty killing the higher-level spawns.

Kill the cycles and you'll get a mix of all three types of Aspers, mainly Hooded and Crowned.

Posted Image

Edited by Rukario, 18 May 2011 - 05:30 AM.

#13 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:30 AM

I just thought I would mention the fact that you no longer have to take on all three quests in order to enter the wastelands. (Tips/hints & FAQs)

That was never the point. These quests help you navigate in Orlo, since the idea behind Orlo is to get 'lost in the desert'. It was always possible to enter all these maps, but you don't know which one you will be entering without these skills <_<

#14 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:47 AM

That was never the point. These quests help you navigate in Orlo, since the idea behind Orlo is to get 'lost in the desert'. It was always possible to enter all these maps, but you don't know which one you will be entering without these skills <_<

I was referring to this:

Tips/hints & FAQ

corvettefreak - 12/27/2009 9:06 PM

There are 3 quests.

1. In need of food
2. In need of repairs
3. In need of water

I did only asked 1. In need of food
I COULDNT enter Wasteland Ruins Path!

When i asked the other 2 quest I COULD

So u MUST ask all 3 quests to be able to get to Wasteland Ruins Path!

#15 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:38 AM

That was never the case, you just needed In Need of Supplies and In Need of Repairs, because for the repairs you need to go into the wasteland. Getting all 3 and finishing them at the same time is still a good idea.

#16 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:05 AM

As I read up on another topic, though, it appears that if you use a ROSE Teleportation Ticket in order to get to Orlo (after 180,) you may have to have 2~3 of those quests in your quest list in order to explore the other areas. This may have been what that dude did for all I know. But if you get to Orlo the normal way, you can do whatever.

But I agree, you should probably get all three at once. But, myself, I only did one at a time and it worked out perfectly fine. <_<

#17 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:23 PM

Venom snake spawn has changed ... Do they increased more spawn or are they still only 1?

Sorry for my epic noobness, I have not done this quest ever since Orlo part 1 came out. I start a new char and stuck waiting for 30 min without seeing any.

#18 Swiink

Swiink

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:16 AM

pain in the ass quest killed 16 hood's to get 1 skin..

Is orlo sick for farming or can I just give it all up?
I've been told that I can make 1000 M for 5 hours of farming in Orlo. Is that true and where would that place bee?

Link farm guide please or give me some serius farm tips! kinda new here and have a hard time to make some money!

Thanks in advance

#19 JavedIqbal

JavedIqbal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:01 PM

Could anyone maybe post how they actually salvaged the materials? This guide doesn't really address the real problem: the quest rewards are incredibly buggy. I talked to a friend who said he simply walked up to each one and it immediately registered, but I've spent about 25 minutes so far and only gotten 1 to count. It just says to "keep walking around" the materials, but after half an hour it gets boring :/.

I wonder why they don't make these things items that don't despawn or something, so that you can pick up the quest items (e.g. salvage material #1) instead, then it wouldn't be an issue where the quest simply isn't working for some people.

#20 Korbun

Korbun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:21 AM

I tryed Need of food quest......i got firs 12,12,12 proves easyli, then i kill maybe 100 venom and deserta aspers and I dont get any skin ot meat.......

Is different monsters to fight or?

#21 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:33 AM

I tryed Need of food quest......i got firs 12,12,12 proves easyli, then i kill maybe 100 venom and deserta aspers and I dont get any skin ot meat.......

Is different monsters to fight or?

For some reason everything about this quest has worked for me except the Cactus part. They aren't registering for me, I went to about all of them, and even relogged and tried again....someone help?

#22 Eglentyne

Eglentyne

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

Could anyone maybe post how they actually salvaged the materials? This guide doesn't really address the real problem: the quest rewards are incredibly buggy. I talked to a friend who said he simply walked up to each one and it immediately registered, but I've spent about 25 minutes so far and only gotten 1 to count. It just says to "keep walking around" the materials, but after half an hour it gets boring :/.

I wonder why they don't make these things items that don't despawn or something, so that you can pick up the quest items (e.g. salvage material #1) instead, then it wouldn't be an issue where the quest simply isn't working for some people.

Lol. . . I feel your pain! Just keep making a circuit of the locations and ((remember which ones registered)) sooner or later you will get success. . . Took me about a dozen circuits to get the salvageable parts.

Edited by Eglentyne, 14 February 2012 - 03:25 PM.

#23 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:31 AM

For some reason everything about this quest has worked for me except the Cactus part. They aren't registering for me, I went to about all of them, and even relogged and tried again....someone help?

Run slower

#24 GrungyPhReaK

GrungyPhReaK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

So I have done this quest before with my Champ but this time I am using the Arty and getting those spare parts is a pain and more dying than they are worth. I mean why put the parts next to a king and a bunch of pink colored mobs that respawn the minute they die -_-

#25 AscarisL

AscarisL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:24 AM

Posted Image

DO NOT FIGHT. Just throw a net. It took me 10 nets before I got my first proof. So it'll take patience.
You just need 3 snakes and the first part is done.

Edited by Jager 1/12/2010 2:11 AM

It took you 10, it tooke me 80 and I didnt even catch a singel one (and WTF??? runs in my mind)

Please pleaseeee tell me what I did wrong TT_TT

I follow ur instruction and didnt fight it, just trow the nets, but all 80 of them miss TT0TT

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users