AzzyAI 1.50 beta - 2/28 - Dev 17 posted, Eira fixes - Page 11 - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

AzzyAI 1.50 beta - 2/28 - Dev 17 posted, Eira fixes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
520 replies to this topic

#251 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

Eurgh.

Do you have any suggestions on what correct behavior would be regarding this, considering the limitations of the API?

I realize that the current behavior is total crap, but I don't even know what I should be working towards, since there are so many things I can't check from within the AI.

#252 big742003

big742003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • Server:Mostly Ygg, some Valk

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

Noticed a lil querk the other day:

I'm playing with my alch dagger in spores next to Payon. I hit Alt+T and my homu quits auto attacking (good). I generate a mushroom to hit. I start attacking the red or black mushroom. Then my homu goes wild and attacks everything but the mushroom I'm on until the screen is clear and then helps me with the mushroom. I find this odd. Shouldn't it just sit by idle or attack what I'm attacking?

#253 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

Noticed a lil querk the other day:

I'm playing with my alch dagger in spores next to Payon. I hit Alt+T and my homu quits auto attacking (good). I generate a mushroom to hit. I start attacking the red or black mushroom. Then my homu goes wild and attacks everything but the mushroom I'm on until the screen is clear and then helps me with the mushroom. I find this odd. Shouldn't it just sit by idle or attack what I'm attacking?

I will investigate this. I think I know what's happening.

You have DefendStandby on right? If you turn it off, it should stay idle if you put it into standby.

#254 big742003

big742003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • Server:Mostly Ygg, some Valk

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

I will investigate this. I think I know what's happening.

You have DefendStandby on right? If you turn it off, it should stay idle if you put it into standby.

Yes, it does. But I want him to defend me from whatever pops out.

#255 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

Woah!

Why do I only have two settings for StickyStandby in the GUI? A third option is fully implemented (to make standby sticky across relog), but not documented or available in the config tool.

Got the standby issue fixed, was simple logic flaw (I didn't ever address the case where the owner is fighting a low priority monster while there are higher priority monsters in range). We now also disable snipe in standby.

#256 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

Eurgh.

Do you have any suggestions on what correct behavior would be regarding this, considering the limitations of the API?

I realize that the current behavior is total crap, but I don't even know what I should be working towards, since there are so many things I can't check from within the AI.

I would say no autoswitching ( at least by default ) with check boxes on a per tactic basis for each set of combos[1], where selecting one checkbox would auto deselect the other ( either class_s would have to be selected for these to be selected as well, or add a new menu item el_combo[2]). 9/10 times you are going to be in the style you want to use anyways, there really isn't a huge need to switch between them unless you forget to do it yourself.

[1] Like I can check the box for her to use fighter combo chains against Pharaoh, Grappler combos against Eddga ETC.... level selectable would be nice as well, especially in grappler combos, since EQC can't be used against MVPs and most times wouldn't be wanted in PvP. The damage from EQC is decent, but the immobility is more useful in PvP IMO.

[2] You could maybe do it the maybe easier way and make 2 new tactics el_fight / el_grapple and leave class_s for just doing sonic claw against enemies. Not sure if that would be easier ( and add a level selectable dropdown for 1-3 for first part of combo / use the first and second / or use the first, second, and third parts )

#257 Redorm

Redorm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

Hey Azzy, I found some no-workies:

CHASE_NEVER in homun tacts does not work when DoNotChase is set on chasing. Need this badly :(

Castling defense (use castling when owner is mobbed) does not work either.

Berserk mode when mobbed does not work? If I want the homun to start dancing when big mob comes but not otherwise, I enable the dance attack in berserk mode (and berserk if mobbed). However seems like the general dance attack setting overrides this. I think this could be useful if you have interruptable skills.

THX in advance^^

#258 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

Hey Azzy, I found some no-workies:

CHASE_NEVER in homun tacts does not work when DoNotChase is set on chasing. Need this badly :(

Castling defense (use castling when owner is mobbed) does not work either.

Berserk mode when mobbed does not work? If I want the homun to start dancing when big mob comes but not otherwise, I enable the dance attack in berserk mode (and berserk if mobbed). However seems like the general dance attack setting overrides this. I think this could be useful if you have interruptable skills.

THX in advance^^

Will investigate CHASE_NEVER and berserk mode. I was unaware of these issues.

Can you confirm that changes made to the files DO effect the behavior of the homun? I want to make sure this isn't just a case of UAC preventing you from modifying the settings.

Assuming changes to the files are being seen by the AI:
Can you assist me in debugging the castling issue by doing the following? I don't have an amistr, so I can't directly test this myself.

1. Open your RO folder, and delete the following files:
* TraceAI.txt
* AAI_ERROR.log (if present)
2. Summon your homunculus, in the configuration that causes the problem.
4. Type /traceai.
5. Mob stuff up so the homun's castling defend should be triggered.
6. Type /traceai again to turn off logging.
7. Send me the following files:
* AAIStartH.txt in your RO folder
* AAI_ERROR.log in your RO folder (if present)
* TraceAI.txt in your RO folder
* H_Extra.lua in your USER_AI folder
* H_Config.lua in your USER_AI folder

#259 Redorm

Redorm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

Well, for now I can confirm that I change a bunch of other settings all the time and they work. The castling test I should do tomorrow no time now sry

#260 Teffa

Teffa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

Sorry I am late.
I stopped trying to lvl my Homunculus.
http://www.mediafire...up6cuh2vbsyp559

#261 Redorm

Redorm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:42 AM

LOL, sry man castling defense works. I think I had too high mob treshhold and it was hard to tell how many were hitting me and how many hit homun :P. The two other things are broken tho.

#262 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:59 AM

Sorry I am late.
I stopped trying to lvl my Homunculus.
http://www.mediafire...up6cuh2vbsyp559

Hm, that config looks like it should be using Overboost...

I just re-read your original post - are you saying that the value displayed when you open the config tool changes back to never when you re-open the config program after setting it to a value other than never?

#263 Teffa

Teffa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

Yes.
I try setting it to "Chase" but whenever I close it, it changes back.
I tried changing to "ASAP" too, same result.

Edited by Teffa, 18 January 2013 - 08:30 AM.

#264 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

Yes.
I try setting it to "Chase" but whenever I close it, it changes back.
I tried changing to "ASAP" too, same result.

I've confirmed the bug in the GUI, it does not correctly handle UseEiraOveredBoost. I will correct this in the next version, thank you for reporting this issue.

You can manually enable Overed Boost by opening H_Config.lua, search for UseEiraOveredBoost and set it 1 (to use while idle) or 3 (to use ASAP), ie:

UseEiraOveredBoost=1
Of course, the GUI tool will set it back to -1 (use while chasing) every time you save settings in config tool.

That said, with the settings you gave me, it should be casting overed boost as it chases after a monster (because the GUI sets it to -1 (use while chasing) every time you save settings). It sounds like it's not doing that either... Is that correct?

Edited by DrAzzy, 18 January 2013 - 08:38 AM.

#265 Redorm

Redorm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

Hi, about the berzerk dance I scrolled through the main AI and although I barely understand anything of it I might have found whats wrong. A bit above the title "tank routines" there is this line

if (UseDanceAttack==1 or (BerzerkMode==1 and Berzerk_Dance==1) or (panicmode==1 and Panic_UseDanceAttack==1 and HPPercent(MyID) > FleeHP)) and (IsHomun(MyID)==1 and MySkill==0) and GetDistanceRect(MyEnemy,GetV(V_OWNER,MyID)) < 13 and GetV(V_SP,MyID) >= DanceMinSP then....

If this is at all the relevant stuff, then it could be the fact that there is an "and" before GetV(V_SP,MyID) >= DanceMinSP isntead of an "or". I bet im wrong tho :/. lol edited writing "and" instead of "an" twice in a row, must have been confusing

There is also another problem. When i have Donotchase on, when tacts are set to attack the homun only attacks when monster comes within melle range even tho it has a long range skill that it is supposed to use according to tacts (it uses the skill when the monster has come into melee range). When set on snipe, homun will attack far targets when fighting other target but when idle it wont (same as normal attack tact above).

Edited by Redorm, 20 January 2013 - 09:26 AM.

#266 hearsay

hearsay

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

HELP> I am using the latest AzzyAI and I already have level 150 Vanil-Sera. I only play during siege. During siege, I wanted my Vanil-Sera to autocast Caprice(Auto-bolt skills) to enemies to prevent/interrupt them from casting any skills against me, but I cannot figure it out. Should I just set UseSkillOnly to 1 instead of the default -1. Sorry for my bad english and i'm looking forward to any reply. Big Thanks

#267 Teffa

Teffa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:43 AM

I've confirmed the bug in the GUI, it does not correctly handle UseEiraOveredBoost. I will correct this in the next version, thank you for reporting this issue.

You can manually enable Overed Boost by opening H_Config.lua, search for UseEiraOveredBoost and set it 1 (to use while idle) or 3 (to use ASAP), ie:

UseEiraOveredBoost=1
Of course, the GUI tool will set it back to -1 (use while chasing) every time you save settings in config tool.

That said, with the settings you gave me, it should be casting overed boost as it chases after a monster (because the GUI sets it to -1 (use while chasing) every time you save settings). It sounds like it's not doing that either... Is that correct?

I tried changing it manually, and yes, that is correct.

#268 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

I tried changing it manually, and yes, that is correct.

There are two things that I mentioned here, and I want to make sure you meant yes to both.

When you change it manually, it does work - correct?

But it does not use it while chasing if you had used the GUI to most recently edit that option - correct?

#269 Teffa

Teffa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

No, it doesn't work when I change it manually.

Correct.

#270 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

That makes no sense, can you confirm that changing other settings does change homun behavior? I know over boost works.

#271 Teffa

Teffa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

When I changed ASAP, manually, it did change in the GUI.
But she doesn't cast it. Maybe just my Eira is retarded.

And as soon as I tried setting it to chasing (Manually and GUI) it changed back to never. (In the GUI, not the notepad or whatever it's called)
But when I changed it back to ASAP it was ASAP in the GUI.

#272 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

Okay, the negative options (chase and berserk) don't work when used through GUI.

I'm baffled that it's not working when you have set it to ASAP or Idle. You've tested it in idle right? With it set to Idle (1) it absolutely should work.

#273 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

I've fixed the GUI issues relating to negative option values. This is a stunningly severe bug, and I cannot fathom how this issue made it this long without being detected - Any option in the config file with a negative value was being ignored and reset to the default value due to an insufficient regex inherited from Machiavellian (and, which was not sufficient for the version he was working on the GUI for either!), these are going into next version.

http://www.drazzy.co...zzyAIConfig.exe

Teffa - can you confirm that there are some changes you can make in the configuration that DO effect homun behavior? I want to make sure you don't have an installation or UAC issue that's causing the game to be unable to see any changes to the configuration files. Change something REALLY OBVIOUS so you can be sure whether or not the config can be seen by the game.

Edited by DrAzzy, 21 January 2013 - 05:22 PM.

#274 Obida

Obida

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationRussia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:53 AM

Azzi, good afternoon.
I have Eira of Lif
Just does not work UseEiraOveredBoost
On your recommendation changed H_Config.lua Fail, but it did not help.
New dev15 - the same result.
My Folder AI: https://www.dropbox....r/USER_AI.zip?m

I look forward to fix problems.
Thank you.

#275 Redorm

Redorm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:44 AM

There is also another problem. When i have Donotchase on, when tacts are set to attack the homun only attacks when monster comes within melle range even tho it has a long range skill that it is supposed to use according to tacts (it uses the skill when the monster has come into melee range). When set on snipe, homun will attack far targets when fighting other target but when idle it wont (same as normal attack tact above).

yay I figured this out, as you said about the negative options beeing resetted I found that UseSkillOnly was set to 0 in the config instead of -1 and when I changed it manually, ranged skills with DoNotChase on work fine. I thought the gui option "normal" was both chasing and attacking. Might be good to mention that there is some disagreement with the documentaion where the options were called chasing, attacking and skill only while in the gui it is chasing, normal and skill only. So I think the only problem here was confusing nomenclature :).

About berserk dancing, I havn't checked the thing you linked to, Im gonna wait to new release (dont need the berserk now anyway) but I saw that the berserk options appear twice in the config 0.o. In one of the copies they are set like in the GUI while in the other set they are all 0. Just saying.

So really what remains of my problems is the not working CHASE_NEVER tact.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users