AzzyAI 1.50 beta - 2/28 - Dev 17 posted, Eira fixes - Page 7 - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

AzzyAI 1.50 beta - 2/28 - Dev 17 posted, Eira fixes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
520 replies to this topic

#151 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

TraceAI.txt http://www.mediafire...yxljvgzo0fedi7o
AAIStartH.txt http://www.mediafire...2s0fbk44bh1si1f
But the AAI_ERROR.log is too large, more than 750MB, so I can't upload it, and I can't even open it on note block or microsoft word, nor a webbrowser D:!

According to this trace, the AI is choosing not to use Caprice because the Skill Class tactic for the monster you're fighting to Class S, instructing the homun to only use homun S attack skills against that monster. Since Caprice is not a homun S skill, it is not used.

Investigating further, it appears that the default tactics sent out with recent dev versions have skill class tactic for all the OD2 monsters set to Class S. This can be corrected in the Homunculus Tactics tab of the Configuration tool.

I'll fix the defaults in the next version. I'm rotten at keeping test code out of the release.

Edited by DrAzzy, 28 October 2012 - 06:26 PM.

#152 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

Dev 14 posted

#153 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:33 AM

According to this trace, the AI is choosing not to use Caprice because the Skill Class tactic for the monster you're fighting to Class S, instructing the homun to only use homun S attack skills against that monster. Since Caprice is not a homun S skill, it is not used.

Investigating further, it appears that the default tactics sent out with recent dev versions have skill class tactic for all the OD2 monsters set to Class S. This can be corrected in the Homunculus Tactics tab of the Configuration tool.

I'll fix the defaults in the next version. I'm rotten at keeping test code out of the release.

Skill Class: Any Skill
I tried killing some petites yesterday morning and it autocasted bolts, but I went to OD1 on the night and Sera didn't cast any skills >.<
AAI_ERROR.log
Spoiler

And that's pretty old, it should say 11/08/12

#154 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

Skill Class: Any Skill
I tried killing some petites yesterday morning and it autocasted bolts, but I went to OD1 on the night and Sera didn't cast any skills >.<
AAI_ERROR.log

Spoiler

And that's pretty old, it should say 11/08/12

Please post H_Tactics.lua so that I can attempt to reproduce this issue with the same tactics file that you're observing it with.

Those errors were recorded at the date specified, unless your computer clock is wrong. They likely came from a previous version of the AI; there were problems in the past which triggered those error messages, which have subsequently been fixed.

There is no automatic mechanism for flushing AAI_ERROR.log - if you wish to remove old error log entries, you may delete that file manually.

Edited by DrAzzy, 09 November 2012 - 10:31 AM.

#155 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

Please post H_Tactics.lua so that I can attempt to reproduce this issue with the same tactics file that you're observing it with.

Those errors were recorded at the date specified, unless your computer clock is wrong. They likely came from a previous version of the AI; there were problems in the past which triggered those error messages, which have subsequently been fixed.

There is no automatic mechanism for flushing AAI_ERROR.log - if you wish to remove old error log entries, you may delete that file manually.

H_Tactics.lua
Spoiler

o.o

#156 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

That's the default H_Tactics from dev 13, which has the issue I described above with the inappropriate default tactics.

Note the CLASS_S on the lines for orc zombie, orc skeleton and zenorc.

Either set those to use Skill Class: Any Skill using the GUI (remember to click Apply Settings to save), or manually edit the file and change them the CLASS_BOTH, or replace it with the dev 14 version of H_Tactics (included in dev 14 download, or available individually: http://www.drazzy.co...4/H_Tactics.lua )

Edited by DrAzzy, 09 November 2012 - 07:52 PM.

#157 idkDave123

idkDave123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

Recently updated to dev 14 and tried to go to Ant Hell using a mercenary. I was using the level 1 bow mercenary and found that it was not attacking the Ant Eggs. I went into the M_Tactics and entered in:

MyTact[1097]={TACT_ATTACK_H,SKILL_ALWAYS,KITE_NEVER,CAST_REACT,PUSH_NEVER,DEBUFF_NEVER,CLASS_BOTH,RESCUE_NEVER,-1,SNIPE_OK,KS_ALWAYS,1,CHASE_NORMAL} --Ant Egg

This has resulted in no action taken by the mercenary. I have also tried setting the default to the same setting with no changes. Any help plz

Here are my settings:

M_Tactics: http://www.mediafire...5rasku8auejc352

M_Config: http://www.mediafire...3g8d1l7606e1bnl

Edited by idkDave123, 10 November 2012 - 05:21 PM.

#158 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:22 AM

Recently updated to dev 14 and tried to go to Ant Hell using a mercenary. I was using the level 1 bow mercenary and found that it was not attacking the Ant Eggs. I went into the M_Tactics and entered in:

MyTact[1097]={TACT_ATTACK_H,SKILL_ALWAYS,KITE_NEVER,CAST_REACT,PUSH_NEVER,DEBUFF_NEVER,CLASS_BOTH,RESCUE_NEVER,-1,SNIPE_OK,KS_ALWAYS,1,CHASE_NORMAL} --Ant Egg

This has resulted in no action taken by the mercenary. I have also tried setting the default to the same setting with no changes. Any help plz

Here are my settings:

M_Tactics: http://www.mediafire...5rasku8auejc352

M_Config: http://www.mediafire...3g8d1l7606e1bnl

Two things:

First, as clearly stated in the documentation, and on the screen for editing Mercenary tactics in the GUI, you cannot do tactics for specific monsters, because there is no way for mercenaries to identify monsters. The MobID system can be used to work around this, but it is not recommended as it requires an unreasonable amount of work to use.

All monsters encountered by the homun will use the default tactic unless they are identified as summons, or plants (in which cases they use the listed tactic).

Secondly, the reason your homun will not attack ant eggs, even when the default tactic says to attack is that the AI thinks they're herb plants, (remember, it can't identify monsters) because it hasn't seen them move or attack. If you want aggressive behavior against immobile monsters, turn off AutoDetectPlants in the mercenary configuration. (Why is this on by default? Because if this isn't set, mercenaries are nearly unusable on maps with herb plants on them - I've tried it, and it was... just awful. In fact dealing with herb plants is why I wrote the whole mobid system; that was before I got the idea to watch whether they moved. )

Edited by DrAzzy, 11 November 2012 - 02:23 AM.

#159 idkDave123

idkDave123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:33 AM

I see, thanks for the help. Had a little trouble at 1st getting it right until I realized there was a 2nd AutoDetectPlants setting in the M_Config all the way at the bottom under AssumeHomu.

#160 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:28 AM

I see, thanks for the help. Had a little trouble at 1st getting it right until I realized there was a 2nd AutoDetectPlants setting in the M_Config all the way at the bottom under AssumeHomu.

This is a bug, the duplicated entry will be removed in the next version.

May I ask why you're manually editing files instead of using the configuration tool? I've been seeing a lot of people manually editing config files recently - is there something wrong with the config tool that's keeping people from using it?

#161 idkDave123

idkDave123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

Personally, I only use the config tool when I do a lot of changes all at once and use that set up for specific configs/tactics for multiple homus. For minor tweaks is when I go into the config/tactics, for me it's a little bit easier to see my mistakes.

#162 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:58 PM

Hi dr.azzy,

Tried the auto friends pain killer. While it works great, I'm having trouble manually controlling the bee to pain killer. Seems like once the ai tells it to run after someone to pain killer them, it disregards manual commands and it takes numerous clicks for it to come back (probably after the other person runs out of range)!

Is that meant to be the case?

Thanks

#163 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

Hi dr.azzy,

Tried the auto friends pain killer. While it works great, I'm having trouble manually controlling the bee to pain killer. Seems like once the ai tells it to run after someone to pain killer them, it disregards manual commands and it takes numerous clicks for it to come back (probably after the other person runs out of range)!

Is that meant to be the case?

Thanks

Commands should work normally to interrupt the painkiller state (it's no different than any other state)

I will fix the issue with casting targeted supportive skills on players who walk out of range before the skill is cast; presently, AzzyAI does not have a mechanism to exit the state where it is chasing someone to administer painkillers if that player walks off screen or otherwise ceases to be a valid target.

#164 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

hi Dr azzi,

Not sure whether you know, but if autodetectplant option for Mecernary is turned to TRUE, the mercenary will not attack anything!! If it is turned to false, it'l start attacking.

Is that a bug? Cause on installation, it is always on true and i 'd guess most beginners would have trouble getting the mercary to start hitting.

Myself and a couple of friend have encountered this before.

Thanks

#165 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:27 AM

hi Dr azzi,

Not sure whether you know, but if autodetectplant option for Mecernary is turned to TRUE, the mercenary will not attack anything!! If it is turned to false, it'l start attacking.

Is that a bug? Cause on installation, it is always on true and i 'd guess most beginners would have trouble getting the mercary to start hitting.

Myself and a couple of friend have encountered this before.

Thanks

Are you sure you're not just using it to try to kill stationary monsters (like ant eggs)?

The way AutoDetectPlants works is that if the merc hasn't seen something move, it will assume it's an herb plant and not attack it (with this option turned off, mercenaries are _UNUSABLE_ on maps with even small numbers of herb plants (the whole herb plants taking only 1 damage thing makes them take forever to kill). Because there are only two stationary monsters in the game that players are likely to want to target, and dozens of maps that have herb plants on them, I feel that this is the correct default setting.

If this feature is broken and is detecting everything as a plant, that's a new and extremely serious bug - and this is the first i've heard of it (except in the context of attacking stationary monsters, which as i've said is intended).

Edited by DrAzzy, 19 November 2012 - 06:27 AM.

#166 ShiveringShadows

ShiveringShadows

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 853 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:18 PM

Logging around Route Walk and UseCastleRoute has been improved - if you have been having issues with castling route, please try it again with /traceai on, and send me TraceAI.txt, AAIStartH.txt and AAI_ERROR.log (if present).
Also, if you've been having issues with castling route, please test whether it works when you turn off UseCastleRoute

Dear Dr. Azzy,

I have been having issues with the use of 'Auto-Walk' using Castling. It does not seem to work for me. Amistr does seem to move to the specified 3 coordinates that I have added to H_Extra.Lua, but fails to use the Castling skill.
I was using the following settings when I made this trace:

RelativeRoute = False
UseCastleRoute = True
UseIdleWalk = Route_Linear

http://www.mediafire...gif7d18a3dnpotd

#167 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

Dear Dr. Azzy,

I have been having issues with the use of 'Auto-Walk' using Castling. It does not seem to work for me. Amistr does seem to move to the specified 3 coordinates that I have added to H_Extra.Lua, but fails to use the Castling skill.
I was using the following settings when I made this trace:

RelativeRoute = False
UseCastleRoute = True
UseIdleWalk = Route_Linear

http://www.mediafire...gif7d18a3dnpotd

That mediafire file is private - so I don't know what is in it that you're trying to send me.

I'm going to need your help debugging this, since I don't have access to an Amistr to test with.

Please do the following:

1. Set everything up to reproduce the problem, vaporize homun.
2. Type /traceai so it says it's saving homun status.
3. Open your RO folder, and delete the following files:
* TraceAI.txt
* AAI_ERROR.log (if present)
4. Summon your homunculus, and allow it to try to do the route walk. If it tries repeatedly, allow it to do try several times.
5. Vaporize your homun.
6. Send me the following files:
* AAIStartH.txt in your RO folder
* AAI_ERROR.log in your RO folder (if present)
* TraceAI.txt in your RO folder
* H_Extra.lua in your USER_AI folder
* H_Config.lua in your USER_AI folder
7. Type /traceai in game to turn off logging (you do NOT want to leave traceai logging on when homun is in general use, it will produce huge files that eventually get so big that the game chokes)

#168 ShiveringShadows

ShiveringShadows

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

That mediafire file is private - so I don't know what is in it that you're trying to send me.

AAI_ERROR.txt, AAIStartH.txt and TraceAI.txt were in it.

I cleared the old logs and made a new trace, http://www.mediafire...wml54p54aemcxuu

#169 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

Investigating.

#170 ShiveringShadows

ShiveringShadows

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

Thank you. In Dev 11, it used to cast the castling skill, but it would just go back and forth between two of the locations (loop).

#171 idkDave123

idkDave123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

Using Dev 14 atm, not sure for how long it has been a problem but it just came to my attention. I am currently running multiple homuS on one computer and I have found that a few of them are not responding how I would hope. The main issue I'm having atm is that I have a Sera and a Beyeri on the same computer and they both where previously Vani types with each having there own set of H_config/tactics. My problem is that now they are not using there Caprice skill when set in there tactics.

Here are my settings:

H_Extra: http://www.mediafire...uq086om0yqpx0p9

Sera Tactics: http://www.mediafire...40kof5e1hj5rxdo
Sera Config: http://www.mediafire...f5y3frwt5gkft0i

Beyeri Tactics: http://www.mediafire...7owuts0cp8z775z
Beyeri Config: http://www.mediafire...mgg5xvn598on4qq

#172 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

The hell? Vani's should always be automatically detected!

Please post AAIStartH.txt as well; please make sure that one of the effected accounts was the one you most recently summoned before posting AAIStartH.txt.

Thanks.

Edited by DrAzzy, 22 November 2012 - 02:04 PM.

#173 idkDave123

idkDave123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

I'm sorry but where do I find the AAIStartH.txt. ?

#174 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

I'm sorry but where do I find the AAIStartH.txt. ?

It's located in your Ragnarok Online folder. It is generated every time AzzyAI is loaded. If it is not present, the game has not loaded AzzyAI and hence you have an installation problem.

#175 idkDave123

idkDave123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

Thanks, found it.

AAIStartH.txt.: http://www.mediafire...51m7orpcbdpez75

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users