11 replies to this topic

#1 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:59 PM

Related thread: Pet system changes (How to make Avengers more balanced)

A small idea:

The traps, once placed in the floor, could appear as a buff or as a little "pet bar" in the right side of the screen, that way, the player could know when the mine exploded or if is still placed and waiting.

This idea could be also good to implement a trap in the future, wich the player could detonate when he/she want.

#2 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:45 AM

Or could appear as the summons hp bar, over the main hp bar: ofc, the traps wouldnt have hp but is to be able to display them and select them.

#3 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:39 AM

This idea could make the class have more strategy, since the player can place a trap, go to another place and see if is actived or not.

The other idea was given in this thread: http://forums.warppo...-make-them-los/

Make the traps be like the summoned monsters, and have a "hp bar" and be able to pick the target. For this, the trap should have 2 different kind of range. The first range would be the one that have one, and the ones that step over that radius, will activate the trap, regardless if they are selected as a target or not. The second radius, bigger than the first, would be the radius to select the target, in wich the trap would be set to be directed to that target when it steps in the 1st radius.

Also, traps should be affected as any other of the Avenger skills: bye physical dmg, dex and reduced by long range defense. There are people that are afraid that this make the traps underpowered, and there are others that think that would be more powerful. I think that as the other classes, they would be able to have more dmg at the cost of hp or another stat, wich in the end make it balanced. If with this the traps dmg get too low, then the base dmg of the traps could be changed to make it useful.

#4 dsdennison

dsdennison

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:43 PM

what I'm pissed about is that Traps hit you for 100% their damage... NO MATTER HOW MUCH DEFENSE YOU HAVE!!!!!!!!
Defense needs to have at least some effect....... or perhaps evasion .....
take less damage because you evaded some of it.....as if you only got a minor injury ... like a mouse only losing it's ear from a mouse trap that's designed to take off it's whole head. something like that!!!

Edited by dsdennison, 04 October 2010 - 06:44 PM.

#5 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:53 AM

what I'm pissed about is that Traps hit you for 100% their damage... NO MATTER HOW MUCH DEFENSE YOU HAVE!!!!!!!!
take less damage because you evaded some of it.....as if you only got a minor injury ... like a mouse only losing it's ear from a mouse trap that's designed to take off it's whole head. something like that!!!

Let's make Avenger as good as Dominators shall we?

#6 Confused

Confused

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2615 posts
  • Server:Lintra

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:26 AM

Unfortunately avengers trap aren't designed for the purpose of mouse traps, and you are not mice, they are friggin' landmines. Posted Image

#7 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:42 AM

I agree, but a reduction with the defense should come with an increase with physical dmg. If traps dont ignore defense, then shouldnt be fixed dmg.

#8 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:22 AM

it would work if cad and scad work every time traps was use but those are random. so that
wont work with since they arent Lr, the best thing to do is keep hunters traps at lvl 5 until they become a avenger and change traps from being static to work more with the avengers lvl because if lvl cap gros they can still be helpful to them

make non crits static damage and crits affected by the formula ^^ agree with traps at 5 in hunter tree. and make any 1st job trap under lvl 6 cant crit.

((trap damage*2) * % damage reduction from long range defense) + ((.5*critical additional damage) + skill critical additional damage)

I wasnt talking about that. I mean the ones that think that the Avengers would be less powerful. Sure, if the traps was based on stats, they should need to lose lots of hp to get a good dmg, but that dmg probably would be higher than is it now: most classes in S2 suffer this change, and for all of them it end well, dont see why would be different for Avengers.

no need to make them dex dependent or make rangers more overpowered. everyone knows what will happen if they do that. no need to make avengers loose hp either to make their traps just as good.

#9 MakoXD

MakoXD

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7028 posts
  • Server:TERA

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:26 PM

avengers are already OPd enought , could be even more soon because [Rumors Rumors Rumors]

#10 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:48 PM

A little bird told me that Para trap may become an AoE~~

Meow!

Edited by Loyalty1, 12 October 2010 - 01:48 PM.

#11 MakoXD

MakoXD

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7028 posts
  • Server:TERA

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:23 PM

A little bird told me that [Rumors Rumors Rumors]

Meow! and <3 Makoko :lol:

awww :lol:

#12 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:34 AM

no need to make them dex dependent or make rangers more overpowered. everyone knows what will happen if they do that. no need to make avengers loose hp either to make their traps just as good.

Dont know, all the other classes in S2 must give up to hp and other stats to increase their dmg, and in the end they had greater dmg than ever. The same would happen with Avengers, they would need to give up to hp and other things to get higher dmg than they have now. About the Hunter traps, things always can be done, one of them is move the traps to the 2nd job (tbh i lvl my hunter without use any trap, and didnt had much problem) or add a trap mastery in the avenger tree to rise the base dmg, and nerf the base dmg of the hunter traps.

As i see it, the traps work to attack and defend, and the captured monster should have a similar roll: Avengers shouldnt need to have walls of hp if those other things worked properly.

Also, if the traps deal long range dmg, and were affected by long range defense, the Avenger's skill that lower the enemies defense, would be more useful: maybe make one of those an aoe defense debuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users