Manual patch not working - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Manual patch not working

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 condorsoul

condorsoul

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:47 AM

hi. good day to all.

i just learned from my friends about the classic server of IRO and i was just excited to hear that so i wanted to play after so many years of rest from the game i most loved.

i searched from the internet on a download link for the client so i found the link from the IRO wiki site -- http://irowiki.org/w...nts_and_Patches -- and downloaded the march 2012 one.

after downloading, i run the ragnarok.exe (since instructions from the patch client told me that i have to patch the main game first for the ClassicRO add on to appear). it took A REALLY LONG time to connect to file server until it said "failed to get 2012-3-6data_gm.gpf"

i used to play RO here in our country (im from the philippines, btw) and based from experienced, if the problem comes around i'd have to manual patch it. so i searched in google an ftp site for manual patching IRO, and i found this on IRO wiki site as well -- ftp://ropatch2.gravityus.com/patch/

i download ALL the patch from march 2012 up to the present (102 patches) and then started the client again.

here comes the problem, the client doesnt seem to recognize the downloaded patch. i already run the file "as admin" eventhough im using windows xp sp3. but still i cant get it to work. ive spent 3 days trying to fix this.

can somebody help me?
did i download from the right websites?
is it possible for me to play international ragnarok online here in the philippines?

i really want to play classic, please help me. :(

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

You should figure out why your patcher is failing to connect to the patch server. Do you have firewall software that might be blocking it?

I've heard others report similar behavior, and I don't really understand what it is that prevents manual patching from working.

#3 Pawan

Pawan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:00 AM

I am having a similar problem now. I earlier had the problem that my client "failed to connect to file server". But now it connects to the file server but fails to get the first file. I have already tried all methods cited in the topic "failed to connect to patch server".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users