Mora Hazy Forest quest bugged after Jul 31 maintenance - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Mora Hazy Forest quest bugged after Jul 31 maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 Ambar

Ambar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:48 AM

I went with a party to do the Wandering Protector quest in Mora Hazy Forest but Loki and the purple girl were not in room 56 after killing the Purple Dragon. We have done this quest numerous times before and this has never happened. We are thinking maybe it has to do with maintenance last night...something broke.

And yes, we talked to Loki at the beginning of the instance dungeon, we have the "Finding Loki" quest on the quest log. We found and killed the Purple Dragon and went to room 56. We even went back to the bridge and entered the dungeon again, talked to Loki again (he says "I don't want to go with you. Hopefully we will see each other again..."), and went all the way to room 56 again. We are sure it was room 56, as we have done the quest lots of times before.

Could anyone else please confirm or take measures to fix this?

Thanks.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:58 AM

What server was this encountered on?

Also - you didn't do anything unusual in the process of killing the dragon, did you?

Edited by DrAzzy, 01 August 2012 - 07:58 AM.

#3 Ambar

Ambar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:29 AM

This was on Ymir.

Nothing unusual happened. We killed the dragon the same way as other times.

#4 Ambar

Ambar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:03 AM

Today we went back, killed the Purple Dragon again and this time found Loki on island 56.

You may close this thread. Thanks.

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:12 AM

Still, this shouldn't have happened. I'm gonna leave the thread open, so if someone else runs into the problem, they'll be able to see this and post more info.

I think it could bug out like this if a homunculus or mercenary is used to kill the dragon (never kill important monsters with merc/homun) or maybe if they died due to burning status (those things bug some stuff that depends on monster deaths).

#6 Funen1

Funen1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Odin

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

Bumping since I ran into this same problem earlier tonight, and I haven't been able to find another topic on here with info about what causes this.

There's only thing out of the ordinary that I can think of, but as far as I know it's specific to my character and not my party members who also couldn't find Loki after killing the dragon (I'd have to double-check with them tomorrow). I had tried the instance once before and failed, and I talked to the guard outside the forest before entering the second time, though the man immediately inside still had the same dialog as if I had already told him I was going to explore the forest. Is that normal?

#7 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:21 AM

I had one instance this happened in, brushed it off as me doing something wrong...after like 20 more successful runs that one still confused me.

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:44 AM

It sounds like the game sometimes fails to realize that the dragon has died.

As an aside, I don't think you can enter instance after the dragon is killed now (at least if the game realizes it)

Edited by DrAzzy, 07 January 2013 - 06:44 AM.

#9 Funen1

Funen1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

Well my Wandering Purple Dragon quest entry says I didn't get the kill count, though I believe that's because I died right before it did. However, one of my partners got the kill and then exited with the rest of us later, so that might be a problem.

#10 itchoi

itchoi

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 August 2018 - 04:27 AM

did the quest today and also loki is not in island 56 after we killed the dragon in island 28. Is this a glitch?

#11 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 06:12 AM

Hello :)

Please try to look for the dragon again just in case, if the issue persists please open a new report, this one is from 2012.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users