Getting Started + Client/Connection Issues! - Technical Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Getting Started + Client/Connection Issues!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Warnhal

Warnhal

Jedi of the Sea

• Customer Service Management
  • 90 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:19 PM

Why hello there everyone! Warnhal here to provide some steps on how to get your Maestia game client up and running without any issues!

These past few weeks, I've been monitoring the forums and noticed users having similar issues. So why not address everything here! Feel free to add any input, and I’ll be sure to add it!

So let’s get to it! Let's start with account creation!

=====================================
Getting Started with Maestia:
=====================================
The North American version of Maestia is at long-last live! The game client can be downloaded from our website: http://playmaestia.c.../clientdownload.

Be sure to create a Warp Portal master & Maestia game account. Please refer to the following Knowledge Base Articles for information on how to perform these steps:
-How do I create a Warp Portal Master Account?
-Creating a Maestia Game Account

Simply run the downloaded file Maestia Downloader.exe as administratorby right-clicking the downloader and selecting Run as Administrator. Install the game client, and join the fun!

Please be sure to visit our website with more details on getting started.

If you’re having issues, you may want to try these steps:

================================
General Troubleshooting:
================================
1) If you are using Windows Vista/7, please run the installer/game as administrator by right-clicking the game icon and selecting "Run as administrator." Administrative privileges will allow for the proper permissions resulting in an error-free installation.

2) On the patching window, use the "Check Files" feature.

3) Adding Maestia to the exception list of the Anti-virus program. You may also want to try disabling any real-time scanning that the program may use.

4) Check the firewall settings and make sure Maestia is allowed.

5) Defragging or doing a disk clean up for the drive that Maestia will be installed to.

6) Running a clean re-installation of the game client. Begin by downloading the Maestia game Client then performing the following steps:
  • Uninstall Maestia.
  • Navigate to your Maestia folder (i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\Gravity\Maestia) and delete any remaining contents.
  • Run the Maestia Downloader
  • Patch the game
  • Start

==============================================
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
==============================================
Q: I'm having issues patching, what do I do?!
  • Navigate to the Maestia directory and deleting the file named, MaestiaPatch.txt. in your Maestia directory. Then attempt to patch again.
Q: Why are Player/NPC names and combat text not showing even though they are enabled?
  • We recommend that you please attempt the general troubleshooting above. Be sure to run the Maestia Downloader.exe as administrator! If you need to re-install, uninstall and remove any remaining files in the directory.
Q: There's too much lag! Fix it! (That's not really a question.. :heh:)
  • Should you have any connection issues, we kindly ask that you please submit a Tracert report.
  • HOW TO SUBMIT A TRACERT REPORT:
    NOTE: Tracert.exe is a route-tracing utility that you can use to determine the network path to a destination.
    1) Close all non-essential programs. This is very important for the accuracy of the result.
    2) Click “Start” (your Windows start button), click “Run”, type in “cmd” (without quotes), and then press “Enter.”
    3) You will see the Command Prompt window. Type in “tracert www.playmaestia.com” (without quotes), and then press “Enter.”
    4) Once the tracert is complete, right-click on the Command Prompt titlebar, go to “Edit”, and click “Select All.”
    5) Right-click on the Command Prompt titlebar again, go to “Edit”, and click “Copy.”
    6) Open a Notepad. Type in your IP address, current date and time, and the Time Zone in which you reside.
    7) Paste the copied tracert on the Notepad and save it.
Then please submit a ticket containing this report to our customer support team. Please refer to the following guide to send in tickets: KriticalAssassin's Guide to submitting tickets!

We do hope these steps may assist you in joining us in game! Should the issues persist, please contact our Customer Service team for further assistance.

#2 Mullemaus

Mullemaus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSore wa himitsu desu ^^
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:55 AM

The Game worked fine for me so far... but since last maint i can't log in anymore. I'm using a desktop PC with Win XP Pro and a Laptop with Win Vista (both fully updated) and everytime im tryin to log in im getting "Login failed". It started right after Tuesdays Maintenance. So far i've tried everything posted here, redownloaded and reinstalled the Game but nothing works. Seems the Game doesn't like me anymore.

#3 Warnhal

Warnhal

Jedi of the Sea

• Customer Service Management
  • 90 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:34 PM

Try submitting a ticket to our Customer Service team. I'm sure they will be able to further assist you. :)

#4 HeartxLess

HeartxLess

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:49 PM

Nice Guide :)

Edited by HeartxLess, 18 August 2012 - 11:20 AM.

#5 Scundler

Scundler

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:40 AM

Hey, i just started playing yesterday. worked great. but today i go to log in and it says "logging in to server" then it doesnt respond eventually it stops working and i need to shut it off.
i love this game. tons of fun. but how can it be fun if i cant play it...
------Scundle {IGN}

#6 L3on

L3on

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:53 AM

Hey, i just started playing yesterday. worked great. but today i go to log in and it says "logging in to server" then it doesnt respond eventually it stops working and i need to shut it off.
------Scundle {IGN}

same problem for me

#7 vamosaris

vamosaris

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:09 PM

------Scundle {IGN}

same problem here...
checked files but still gives loggin to server window without starting the game

Anyone know how to fix this pls?

#8 Ravenslock

Ravenslock

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:25 AM

HI ! I just downloaded the game, added a Maestia account to my warpportal one, run all as admin, manually added the game ot the WIndows Firewall but I am unable to connect.

#9 yusuck

yusuck

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

The current installation program is not working, is there any other link to the application installation that I can download to install the game on my computer?

#10 arnjarcar

arnjarcar

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

can you make a torrent files for this please...??? It says that network error if I download it.

#11 Ervel

Ervel

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:55 AM

"The regional server address is incorrect" - I see this info after my first logging into game. Cannot change to another sever, can't do anything. Is this game closed already or what should I do if not...?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users