No ClientInfo File error. - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

No ClientInfo File error.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#1 Zeal

Zeal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:41 PM

Got passed the classic patcher doing absolutly nothing after pressing start but now i get this error. "No ClientInfo File" and then i get this:
***\Desktop\Gravity\data\RixSquirrel_10.eot ÆÄÀÏ ¾øÀ½!
Any ideas? i've seen a few people post about it but i have not seen a solution. Thanks.

#2 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Offline

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:55 PM

Reinstall.

#3 DEnnoo

DEnnoo

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:18 AM

I did the repair option in change or remove programs. which is pretty much reinstall I think.

#4 Washa

Washa

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

I get the same error bro. any ideas?

#5 raimu

raimu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:35 PM

I'm getting the same error as well.. ever since the last patch. I've reinstalled 3-4 times now and the game will work fine for a few hours.. and then when I go to open it up again later in the day it gives me that error again until I restart my computer.. then an hour later it gives the same error again. I've been playing fine for weeks now and this only started happening in the past 3-5 days or so.

#6 kitsuneoni

kitsuneoni

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

I am having that same issue now today...has anyone come up with a solution?

#7 Velonius

Velonius

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

I just downloaded and installed and I'm getting the exact same error, but it brings up the Setup Screen. If I try to close the Setup screen in any way, it just comes back. OK, Cancel, the red X in the top right...it just keeps coming back.

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

The problem with this issue is that nobody understands what the hell the cause of the issue is.

For some people it never happens.

For some people it happens only if they've had a running RO client and closed all their RO clients.

For some people it happens after any RO client exits uncleanly, but not otherwise.

And there doesn't seem to be any pattern in what causes it. I have two very similar systems, one has the issue, one does not.

I just downloaded and installed and I'm getting the exact same error, but it brings up the Setup Screen. If I try to close the Setup screen in any way, it just comes back. OK, Cancel, the red X in the top right...it just keeps coming back.

Run setup as admin to get past this.

#9 kyarayukai

kyarayukai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal <3

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

The problem with this issue is that nobody understands what the hell the cause of the issue is.

For some people it never happens.

For some people it happens only if they've had a running RO client and closed all their RO clients.

For some people it happens after any RO client exits uncleanly, but not otherwise.

And there doesn't seem to be any pattern in what causes it. I have two very similar systems, one has the issue, one does not.

To be honest i think it's some defect in closing ro's process properly.
It started after august 16th patch, the one with the replay option, since up and about 40% op the players couldn't even play the game.
This was solved properly, but then gradually other errors came, such as;

-Nospam.dll (which still persists for some people)
- More regular Dcs
- Noclientinfo/ failed to initmapdata **
-overall sprite erros.

There were more but those should be all fully solved now.
Patch as admin doesn't work to solve these issues, in fact, it even skips patching altogether at times.

On my pc, which runs xp sp2, my ro patcher refused to connect to server, a full reinstall with the latest setup fixed this.
On my laptop, patching as admin would cause my game to send an error that failed to save character data, like shortcuts and such.
Not patching as admin resulted into the noclient info error followed by the failed to initmap data.
In case this went past people, because i only noticed it after a while, When it gives the noclientinfo file, there is indeed no client info on the patcher. This isn't always the case, but it does make it easier to spot.

Rebooting the laptop fixed it, or opening another program for a bit.
I also read this on another thread, which again leads me to my idea.

It seems logical to me, that Ro has some failure in properly closing the client, the process is still running for a while, afterit has closed, since rebooting your pc closes all processes, and using another program gives it time to close.

Sadly, i have no clue why or how this could be fixed, i would think it's in the exit script or something, if such a thing even exists.
Maybe that's something for you programmers out there to find out?

~scar

#10 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

There is a workaround for this issue. Open a classic client, then open the renewal client, and it'll work, and you can close the classic client, and as long as there's at least one client open, you can open more.

#11 kyarayukai

kyarayukai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

Thanks for that, I'll let my friends try this, but i believe she said she couldn't open classic either.
Now she got in, and she has no characters visible.

Anyway, let's hope it gets fixed soon.

#12 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

It started after august 16th patch, the one with the replay option, since up and about 40% op the players couldn't even play the game.

A new patch client was released on that date. That client has several problems:

1. It locks data.grf in such a way that no other process, including the RO client, can read it. Apparently sometimes it fails to release the lock before the RO client has started up, and these instances you get the "No ClientInfo File !!" error. A workaround is to bypass the patch client and start RO directly.

2. Even when it fails to write to data.grf for any reason, it always updates patch.inf as if it had succeeded. This means that it will never retry the missing patches, and if those patches contain things that are rarely or never updated such as sprites, you will have problems down the line.

#13 RavenCyde

RavenCyde

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationCT, USA
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

1. It locks data.grf in such a way that no other process, including the RO client, can read it. Apparently sometimes it fails to release the lock before the RO client has started up, and these instances you get the "No ClientInfo File !!" error. A workaround is to bypass the patch client and start RO directly.

How do I bypass the client?

#14 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

How do I bypass the client?

http://irowiki.org/w...Asked_Questions

Q: The patch server is down, can I play without patching?

Yes, it is possible. To start the game and bypass the patcher, you need to start the game with an argument. Either from the command line or a shortcut, append to ragexe.exe "-1rag1" for the main servers or "-1sak1" for Sakray. Command line example: C:\Programs\Ragnarok Online>ragexe.exe -1rag1. Shortcut example : "C:\Programs\Ragnarok Online\ragexe.exe" -1rag1 (with the quotes). However, without the latest patch, the game client stability is not at its best.

Edited by renouille, 23 December 2012 - 10:44 PM.

#15 natsume1990

natsume1990

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationGeffen
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:49 AM

This is unplayable -_-; the moment I get to TI I get this and every time I teleport..how can I play?

#16 RavenCyde

RavenCyde

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationCT, USA

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

http://irowiki.org/w...Asked_Questions

I have no idea what they are talking about x.x

#17 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

This is unplayable -_-; the moment I get to TI I get this and every time I teleport..how can I play?

You have a different issue than the one discussed in this thread - this thread concerns the No ClientInfo File error given upon starting the client - not an error given after the client is running.

Please start a new thread, stating the exact text of any and all errors you receive, as well as when you get the error.

#18 kyarayukai

kyarayukai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:20 AM

hey, i read something about prefetch files, is there a possibility that this item might mess with ro?
From what i've read about them, they load part of a program in advance.
And the error appears when the client thinks it has already opened.

just a suggestion :)

Edited by kyarayukai, 25 December 2012 - 03:21 AM.

#19 kyarayukai

kyarayukai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:23 AM

2. Even when it fails to write to data.grf for any reason, it always updates patch.inf as if it had succeeded. This means that it will never retry the missing patches, and if those patches contain things that are rarely or never updated such as sprites, you will have problems down the line.

Also, about this.
Ro sometimes gives failed to write data.grf on my end, if it does, or just as something useful after installing ro, deleting thumbnail files solves this. There's a useful guide on how to when you google it, and it's also referred to on a thread about that error.

#20 RavenCyde

RavenCyde

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationCT, USA

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

Alright, so, for the SECOND time because of these error messages, I completely uninstalled and reinstalled RO. Everything went fine, everything patched. The first time I did this, I was able to log in and play for a day and a half before it displayed these messages again. I decide to try this process now, and what happens? I STILL GET THE DAMN MESSAGE, AFTER A FULL REINSTALL. This is ridiculous!!!

#21 RavenCyde

RavenCyde

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationCT, USA

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

You have a different issue than the one discussed in this thread - this thread concerns the No ClientInfo File error given upon starting the client - not an error given after the client is running.

Actually this happened to me in the middle of a TI. I was there and all of a sudden everything locked up. I forced close, and when I tried to open it again I got those error messages once more. It's happened to me multiple times in the past that I was disrupted in gameplay.

#22 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

Exactly. It did not happen while you were in game. The client froze, and so you closed it. Then you got the error when you opened a new client!

It sounds like your computer behaves the same as mine does - error when starting ro when there isn't already a client running, except the first time after a reboot. In any case, the workaround is easy - just start a classic client first when you want to start ro when you don't already have a ro client running (or bypass patch)

#23 Sully

Sully

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationGreed Island
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

having to reset my computer 4 times was horrible >_> ... finally working again but ./sigh... When did this start? When they had the woe update wasnt it?

#24 kyarayukai

kyarayukai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:54 AM

having to reset my computer 4 times was horrible >_> ... finally working again but ./sigh... When did this start? When they had the woe update wasnt it?

nahh, when they got the new client, just most people got it after a while.
it started in august, august the 16th to be exact :)
We need to find out how to fix this O.o

#25 RavenCyde

RavenCyde

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationCT, USA

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

Guys since patching Classic didn't work for me because I got the same error as Renewal, I patched Sakray and it worked fine! Unfortunately I have to do that everytime I want to log in, but at least I can get in now!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users