No ClientInfo File error. - Page 2 - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

No ClientInfo File error.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#26 rehumanize

rehumanize

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

http://irowiki.org/w...Asked_Questions

i didnt know if i can bypass the patcher :o

To be honest i think it's some defect in closing ro's process properly.
It started after august 16th patch, the one with the replay option, since up and about 40% op the players couldn't even play the game.
This was solved properly, but then gradually other errors came, such as;

-Nospam.dll (which still persists for some people)
- More regular Dcs
- Noclientinfo/ failed to initmapdata **
-overall sprite erros.

i still got that nospam.dll crash, even after i download new installer -_-
is there a fix to this error?

#27 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:retired

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:27 AM

Which error?

1. occasional random crashing => set blockspam to 0
2. "could not laod nospam.dll" + always crashing => no fix at the moment

#28 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:43 AM

There is a workaround for this issue. Open a classic client, then open the renewal client, and it'll work, and you can close the classic client, and as long as there's at least one client open, you can open more.

So after finally being drivin mad by this problem (again) I decided to look up everything I could on the matter. There is no way for regular users to fix this is friggin problem, and no point in me telling you how I've fixed it because it'll just get undone I figure in the next patch update.

Loading Classic first let's me open the Renewal client but man that screwed up something because I had no characters for like an hour. (unrelated?)

Patching Sakray did nothing for me.

Edited by Ultimate, 02 January 2013 - 01:23 PM.

#29 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

EDIT: Make data.grf read-only, it's easier and it lets the game open.

DONT DO THIS!

The current patcher can't tell if it fails to write data.grf, so you'll miss patches without any error message, and then get sprite errors and crashes in game.

Ultimate, please stop telling people to do this, because then we'll just have to help them again the next time a new hat is added to the game and they start getting sprite errors because they missed the patch. And it'll confuse the hell out of us, as we try to figure out why this person's patcher can't write to their data.grf, unaware that you TOLD THEM TO SET IT READ ONLY.

That is a horrible solution to this problem.

You can fix this problem easily without doing anything wacky by just starting classic first.

Or you can make a shortcut that bypasses the patcher:

Rightclick ragexe.exe, choose "Create Shortcut"

Rename the shortcut to something descriptive, ex "Ragnarok - bypass patch"

Right click this shortcut, do properties, and at the end of the "target" line, add:
-1rag1

So it will look something like:
"C:\Other\Ragnarok Online Renewal\Ragexe.exe" -1rag1

Then, you can use this shortcut to start RO without patching and without the clientinfo error, and you can use the normal shortcut (after closing all open clients) to patch the game (though you may get the clientinfo error when trying to start the game after doing so, which is what this thread is all about.

The issue with all char slots being empty is an improperly patched client, use the fix I posted here on that: http://forums.warppo...pty-fix-inside/

Edited by DrAzzy, 01 January 2013 - 02:53 PM.

#30 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• 2448 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

You can fix this problem easily without doing anything wacky by just starting classic first.

I don't recommend this. The classic game client locks data.grf so you can miss patches that were released after the last time you patched. Also, the classic patch client suffers from all of the problems afflicting the renewal patch client, so there's no guarantee that you won't experience the "no clientinfo" error with classic.

Or you can make a shortcut that bypasses the patcher:

This is the only workaround I recommend.

#31 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

I am so tired of this issue - and I hate that with some of these problems Gravity assumes everyone in the community can do complicated workarounds. For a lot of people even making the shortcut is way too much. Loading and closing Classic also just reiterates the problem still exists. I'll continue to do the data thing on my end because it's relieved my headache temporarily and I know how to get those patches, but as requested I took off the suggestion even though I debate it being a bad one.

#32 kyarayukai

kyarayukai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal <3

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

>.> my lil bro has it too, can't destroy his hopes of finally seeing me in game XD
no, seriously, i haven't seen him in half a year, and he's only 10.
we need to get this fixed soon :<

Edit: Fixed this, we tore apart his pc since it was screwed up, and put another in place. This is the best fix i found so far.
Also.. it definitely comes up if you haven't installed directx 9.0 and the 3d part in it before you download/install ro.
if you did this you should be fine as a new player.
if you get it along the way, uninstall ro, then delete thumbs, how to do this is easily looked up on google, and also mentioned in a similar thread here.
then just entirely re download the client. or better yet, get a client setup file from a friend if you can. (i don't know why, but this seems to make a difference)
reinstall making sure every file is fresh and new. this should fix it. If not i'll try to mess around with it more.

Edited by kyarayukai, 27 January 2013 - 07:56 AM.

#33 kyarayukai

kyarayukai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal <3

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

i didnt know if i can bypass the patcher :o

yep!
it seems to have been fixed along the way, a week or so ago i noticed a patch stating nospam.dll
after that i haven't encountered it myself!
i think they finally got to work around it.
let's just hope it stays this way.

#34 Ramseye

Ramseye

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

This occurs to me everytime I quit for the first time each day. It annoying. I heard reinstalling as an option and after reinstalling this game 3 times and wasting over 8 hours downlaoding and patching the game in unacceptable. Please fix this soon.

To best describe this error. I get to play once a day and if i exit to windows say 5 minutes after i started playing, GUESS WHAT??? I can't play for the rest of the day. I get this stupid error that will not close or go away after it appears.

#35 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:What server?

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

I'm not sure if this helps since a couple of weeks ago I got the same error without having started RO before in a session. When I got the error, I added a shortcut to Ragexe.exe, adding the "1rag1" parameter. Yeah, the one used to bypass the patcher. It worked.

So, if I were to get that goddamn error again, I load the patcher, close it, and open the special shortcut. This was because someone said that the patcher "locks" the game even after it closes and it's not properly unlocked or something of sorts, causing that... yeah.

I hope it helps.

#36 Sammier21

Sammier21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • LocationSanta Monica
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

I'm trying this fix but I keep getting errors. 

Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: I'm a derp. Thanks for the help!

Edited by Sammier21, 26 September 2013 - 06:43 PM.

#37 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• 2448 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:39 PM

needs a space between " and 1rag1

#38 Sammier21

Sammier21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • LocationSanta Monica
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

Oh derp. Fixed. Lol Thanks so much!

#39 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:57 AM

I noticed the problem a few days ago... when it happens, all I do is open Task Manager, go to Processes and tell it to shut down RagExe and retry. Generally solves the issue in one go. It might reappear, but I can just redo the Task Manager part.

C-A

#40 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:05 AM

I noticed the problem a few days ago... when it happens, all I do is open Task Manager, go to Processes and tell it to shut down RagExe and retry. Generally solves the issue in one go. It might reappear, but I can just redo the Task Manager part.

C-A

It is unusual for it to work if you just end-task and try again; Trying to start RO right after having tried to start it is practically a worst-case scenario for this issue. 

#41 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:03 AM

It is unusual for it to work if you just end-task and try again; Trying to start RO right after having tried to start it is practically a worst-case scenario for this issue. 

Well sometimes it does - like just now, I got the NoClient error, used Task Manager to just end it and started RO again and it worked. Other times, it can repeat itself, but overall it works.

C-A

#42 elmer0224

elmer0224

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:28 PM

I downloaded the installer from Warp Portal website and install it on my Windows 10 PC. I encountered the error after patching. I tried to patch the Ragnarok Online Classic Server, but it failed.

I re-launch RO and it gave the same error. Any suggestions?

(I can't believe that it's 2015 and this error message from so many years ago, still exists)

#43 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:51 PM

Please try the experimental fix here.

In future avoid bumping dormant threads, feel free to report your findings in the linked topic.

This thread is locked now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users