4 replies to this topic

#1 Praxidikae

Praxidikae

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Locationwest coast canada :)

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:45 PM

Don't know if this has been brought up before (well, actually it has, but more in terms of GvG tournament than the way I'm suggesting).

How about we create Guild Blocs or Unions? Basically an alliance of guilds, and a separate Union chat for that? It might make things fun and interesting, and spice things up for higher-lvl players by exposing them to new (or old, but distant) faces and people. Because lets face it, the revenue for this game comes from older players, not the new ones. Might as well make it interesting a little. And let's say once you've entered into an alliance, you must stay for 1-2 weeks. Then you can break as you see fit, or remain.

Parties would be so much easier to make. If you can't find anyone in guild chat, head on over to Union chat and give a shout. And obviously it'd create a whole new dimension of guild-politics, especially at higher levels and if there's a war involved! It'd also give lower-level guild alliances a fighting chance at survival, if they're all in it together. It'd be fun, to watch alliances being made and broken, who knows which guilds will end up together!

Thoughts?

#2 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 27 September 2010 - 04:31 AM

I agree, guild alliances give tons of posibilities.

#3 DrAg0r

DrAg0r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationValdes

Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:34 AM

I agree too, a lot of guilds have subguilds because they are too many in the main guild, but they can't speak between them, so if they could make an alliance, with alliance chat...

And this will be good to improve community

#4 Praxidikae

Praxidikae

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Locationwest coast canada :)

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:17 AM

I agree too, a lot of guilds have subguilds because they are too many in the main guild, but they can't speak between them, so if they could make an alliance, with alliance chat...

And this will be good to improve community

Oh, I forgot to mention that! That was on my mind earlier as well. A lot of big guild guilds have low-level guilds, and I've noticed low lvl players don't enjoy it or leave rather quickly because it's not easy to find the support they need in a mostly vacant, in-active alt guild. It would be great for the community, like you said :)

[EDIT] A game I used to play had a similar system, they had a guild alliance of up to 6 guilds. That might be too much in a game like requiem perhaps, but 4 sounds like a good number. :p_err: Two main guilds + at least 1 alt guild for each, or if they have none, 4 entirely separate guilds in a bloc.

Edited by Praxidikae, 27 September 2010 - 08:25 AM.

#5 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:29 PM

i think this is an awesome idea and would improve the lost community aspect of the game immensely =-D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users